Before the holidays, I participated in two different swaps. I used Bear Hugs on both of them. Here’s the first card that I did and made 16 of them for the Incentive Trip Swap. (I’ll show the second one next week). I love the It’s My Party Designer Paper Stack! SO many great patterns in it and I love the bright and soft color combination!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Mint Macaron cardstock, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Along the left side is a 1 x 5-1/4 strip of the confetti pattern from It’s My Party DSP, with a 1/4″ strip of the Melon Mambo stripe added along side it.
- The Mint Macaron green print was cut to 2-1/2 x 3-1/2, then punched with the Triple Banner Punch (you need to feed it thru carefully as it is wider than the 2″ slot is). A 2″ circle was punched out of the center.
- A 2″ punched circle of Whisper White was added behind the circle opening of the banner for contrast.
- The bear from Bear Hugs was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Crumb Cake cardstock, then watercolored with the Chocolate Chip Marker and AquaPainter. It was cut with the Bear Hugs Framelits and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The bowtie was cut from the Mint Macaron print and added with a Mini Glue dot to the bear and a Rhinestone added in the center of the bowtie.
- You’re so sweet was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on Melon Mambo and punched with the Word Window Punch, then adhered under the bear.
- The Love you balloon was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on Melon Mambo and cut with the Bear Hugs Framelit and adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A line was drawn with a Chocolate Chip Marker for the string on the balloon.
I loved it! Hope my swap partners liked it, too!
Stamps: Bear Hugs
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black
Markers: Chocolate ChipCardstock: Crumb Cake, Mint Macaron, Whisper White, Melon Mambo
Accessories: It’s My Party Designer Paper Stack, Bear Hugs Framelits, 2″ Circle Punch, Triple Banner Punch, Rhinestone Jewels, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Make sure to check out our Create with Connie and Mary January Mini Session that will be starting soon! Here’s a sneak peek of what we will be doing this month.
Sets we are using for the January session, opening January 11th:
- Flowering Fields
- Botanical Blooms
- Apple of My Eye
- First Sight
- Beautiful Ride
It’s only $8.95 US for 5 wonderful projects/card sets! AND, we have a special VALENTINE BONUS PROJECT offer, too! See details over on Create with Connie and Mary!