But, it’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! This week’s theme is “Inspired by a Christmas Song”! This was such a FUN theme! I could think of a dozen different ways to go. Ended up with my card that could be two different songs…Joy to the World…or Hark the Herald Angels Sing. Both are favorite songs of mine! Plus, I thought the sheet music designer paper pattern in This Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper worked perfectly! (I wonder how many of us used the same print?) lol!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Cherry Cobbler cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of the sheet music from This Christmas Specialty DSP.
- Across the front is a 1 x 5-1/4 strip of a coordinating print in This Christmas Specialty DSP.
- A large oval was cut from the green plaid design in…yup…This Christmas DSP, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The angel from Wonder of Christmas was stamped with Black Stazon on Very Vanilla cardstock and watercolored with the AquaPainter and Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip, Blushing Bride Ink Pads. She was hand-cut and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The wings were colored with the Clear Wink of Stella.
- Several small stars were punched from Gold Glimmer Paper from the Sprinkles Punch and added randomly on the front.
Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team to see what Christmas Song inspired them this week! Next up is the Create with Connie and Mary website so you can find out more about our December Mini Session that will be starting soon. We’re featuring products from the Occasions and Sale-A-Brations catalogs!