Are you getting ready for the holidays? Today is my annual shopping trip with my mom to pick out gifts for my family from my mom and dad. Hopefully it will only take a few hours. I like to do most of my shopping online anymore! lol!
Today's sketch over on Create with Connie and Mary seemed perfect for one of my favorite holiday sets, Watercolor Winter. Are you tired of seeing samples I've made with this set? It is just SO versatile! But, I was surprised none of the other Challenge Team members used it!
Here's my card, I really like the bold stripe from Snow Festival in the background!
Here are the details:
- I cut Real Red to 4 1/4 x 11 and folded in half to make the base card.
- I layered on 4 x 5 1/4 Whisper White.
- I cut a center panel of 2 1/2 x 3 3/4 from Snow Festival Designer Paper and placed it in the center of the Whisper White.
- Next is a 3/4 x 4 piece of Silver Glimmer Paper to go across the bottom area.
- I stamped the greeting from More Merry Messages in Black Stazon on a 1/2 x 4 piece of Gumball Green cardstock and angled it under the Glimmer Paper.
- The poinsettia was stamped three times with Black Stazon…twice on Real Red and once on Gumball Green. I cut out the center of one of the Real Red ones and adhered it over the other Real Red poinsettia with Stampin' Dimensionals. I cut out pieces of the petals from Gumball Green image for the "leaves". The poinsettia was placed with more Stampin' DImensionals on the front.
- Finally, I added three medium sized pearls for the center of the poinsettia flower.
Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week on Create with Connie and Mary. There are some fabulous ideas using this sketch! Then, grab your stamps and play along!