We have a beautiful color challenge for you this week on Create with Connie and Mary! I've actually used this color combination a lot during the holidays and it is especially perfect for New Year's!
I love the single stamp, Happy New Year, that Stampin' Up! came out with before the holidays! I don't do a lot of New Year's card, but I have had occasions once in a while. I'll be keeping this stamp in my supply, just because I think it is very unique!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 of Whisper White cardstock, folded in half to make the card.
- I layered on 4 x 5 1/4 Pool Party that I embossed with the Lacy Brocade folder.
- I added a 2 1/2 x 4 strip of Silver Glimmer Paper down the center.
- I stamped the Happy New Year image with Versamark on Whisper White and embossed with Silver Embossing Powder. Then I colored in the numbers with Pool Party marker.
- I cut out the image with the Apothecary Accents and used the Essentials Piercing Template around the edges.
- Finally, I added a bow of Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon adhered with Mini Glue Dots.
I love how elegant it looks! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this special color challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary.
Did you see our new banner over on Create with Connie and Mary? We've started the Early Bird Pricing on our new SPRING OCCASIONS EDITION 2013! The 5 week session will feature items from the Spring Mini catalog…a little Valentines, Spring AND Sale-A-Bration projects featuring those Spring Mini products! Right now you can sign up for $29.95…that is $5 off the regular subscription price of $34.95…for over 30 step-by-step tutorials at less than $1 each! Don't miss out! Check out the Create with Connie and Mary site for more information!