Today we have a wonderful sketch challenge for you to try over on Create with Connie and Mary! AND we have another Design Team Member, Natasha Zandbergen, showing off a card that goes with the set she is using for one of her projects during the Spring Edition! She has BLOG CANDY, too…check out where you go to be placed in a drawing for a FREE subscription. If you have already signed up, we'll apply your win to the New Catalog 2013 Edition. Have you signed up yet? Better hurry…Early Bird Pricing ENDS on Saturday and we START on Sunday! Go to Create with Connie and Mary for details.
I decided to use a new Sale-A-Bration set, Madison Avenue, along with the FUN new Soda Pop Tops that are in the Spring Mini! Have you seen them? We have two sizes. These are the small size and I flattened them VERY flat! lol!
Some of the details:
- The base card is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 of Lucky Limeade, folded in half.
- I layered on a 4 1/8 x 5 3/8" Whisper White.
- The Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Paper is cut to 3 3/4 x 4 3/4.
- I added two rows of Daffodil Delight 1/4 Stitched Ribbon, wrapping the end around to the back to adhere.
- The Whisper White panel is 2 3/4 x 3 1/2 and layered in 2 7/8 x 3 5/8 of Lucky Limeade.
- I stamped the stems three times on the Whisper White with Lucky Limeade.
- The flowers were stamped with Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Pacific Point Ink on Very Vanilla and punched with the 1 1/4 Scallop Circle Punch.
- Inside the Soda Pop Tops are flowers and the hello greeting, punched with the 1/2" Circle Punch. I flattened the Soda Pop Tops by running them thru the Big Shot with both tabs closed to get them really flat and "flowery" looking. In the center of the small flowers are small rhinestone jewels.
- I popped up the flowers on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
It isn't exactly how I was picturing it in my head, but I think it turned out ok. I really like the Soda Pop Top flowers!
Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary to see what they did with the sketch, then grab your stamps and play along! Don't forget to sign up for the Spring Edition while you are there!