It's Thursday and time for Create with Connie and Mary's Thursday Challenge! We have a bright COLOR challenge for you to try this week! Make sure to check out what the other members of the Challenge Team have done this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Now…I have to be honest. This did NOT come easy for me! The mojo was just NOT flowing for me today! I intended to get 5 or 6 cards done…ended up doing 2 1/2 cards (1/2 was yesterday's card…I had it almost done), then I gave up and watched some of my shows that have been recorded and I hadn't watched yet! lol! The other card I did besides this one was SUPPOSED to be for the challenge…but it got stuck in my mind to use one of the Kits…well, it didn't have the right colors! I sat down to do THIS card and cut some DSP…with a Pacific Point pattern instead of Island Indigo! Do you ever have creative days like that??? So…this is what I ended up with!
Actually, now that it is all done, I do really like it! Especially the extra touch of the ribbon tied on the Arrow Cute Clip!
- Cut a 4 1/4 x 11 piece of Whisper White, folded in half to make base card. I embossed the front (again) with the Honeycomb folder (again!) LOVE that folder!
- The Sycamore Street DSP Island Indigo pattern is cut at 2 1/4 x 4 3/4 and place on the front.
- I punched a 2 1/2" Circle of Whisper White, then stamped the Bloomin' Marvelous flower in Calypso Coral (stamping off, too), and added leaves of Lucky Limeade. I added the Oh Happy Day greeting in Island Indigo.
- The circle is popped up on the front. I added the little arrow Cute Clip tied with the Old Olive Striped Ribbon.
- There are a few Rhinestones added to the center of the flowers, too.
- Finally, I added a strip of Lucky Limeade and Calypso Coral under the circle.
Isn't that fun??? I really liked how it FINALLY turned out!
We're showing off the FANTASTIC Kits in the Spring Mini this week! Some great class ideas! It's not too late to sign up for the Create with Connie and Mary Spring Edition 2013! We are just starting Week 3, and you can access all the tutorials we've done so far! $34.95 US for more than 30 step-by-step PHOTO tutorials, you can't go wrong! We're featuring the products in the Spring and Sale-a-Bration minis. You won't see these projects ANYWHERE else…not even previews! Join us today!