Such a pretty color combination we have for you this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! Grab your stamps and play along! Need more inspiration? Check out the Challenge Team's creations this week over there, too!
Well, you know I'm a girl that LOVES my flower stamps! I grabbed one that I haven't used for a while…Raining Flowers. I have a suspicion that it may be on the retiring list. No, I don't know for sure…so don't email me asking me how I know! lol! But, this color combo had GREEN in it, so my leaves this week are more like you find in nature! lol! And…this is the very last scrap of this striped pattern in Print Poetry that I had left! I struggled to come up with something that used such a small piece, but it was PERFECT for our Color Challenge this week!
OK…here are the details!
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 of Summer Starfruit, folded in hlf.
- I added a 3 3/4 x 5 piece of Whisper White cardstock on top. On it, I stamped the berries looking image in Raining Flowers stamp set on the background with Midnight Muse Ink.
- I also stamped the greeting from One in a Million stamp set with Midnight Muse in the lower left corner.
- I added the 1 1/4 x 4 1/4 strip of Print Poetry Designer Paper, trimmed along the bottom with the Scallop Trim Border of Midnight Muse.
- On scrap Whisper White, I stamped the flower in Summer Starfruit and cut it out. I stamped two of the small leaves with Gumball Green and also cut them out and tucked them behind the popped up flower on the front.
- I stamped the smaller flower with Gumball Green, cut it out and placed in the center of the larger flower.
- Finally, I punched a 1/2" Circle from a teeny tiny scrap of the designer paper and added it to the center of the flattened small soda pop top. Then added that to the very center of the flower.
LOVE it!!! I think it turned out pretty cool!
Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! And, don't forget…we are finishing up our last week for Card "Create"tions for All Occasions, but it's not too late to join! The website will stay up for over a year so you can refer back to the card set ideas 24/7! See more details over there!