Wow…you HAVE to go see the cards that the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! Some FANTASTIC designs using this color combination! I'm over and above IMPRESSED that they are so different!
I must admit that I struggled a little. But, I figured there are blue and purple flowers, and this Simple Stems set was already out on my desk. I knew I wanted to use the new Scallop Tag Topper punch, too…it has been calling my name since I got it right before Leadership! So here is my card:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Island Indigo, folded in half.
- I stamped the flower burst randomly with Smoky Slate ink over the background of the 4 x 5 1/4 Smoky Slate layer.
- I cut a 2 x 4 piece of Whisper White and used the Scallop Tag Topper Punch for the top (LOVE it!), then I added some Island Indigo Bakers Twine.
- I stamped the greeting from Perfect Pennants in Island Indigo Ink on top.
- I stamped the larger flower in Simple Stems twice in Perfect Plum and the center portion twice with Island Indigo, cut them out and put them together. Then I stamped the flower burst twice in Island Indigo and cut them out.
- They are placed on the front…the larger ones are popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Finally, I added some Pearls in the centers.
I just think Simple Stems is Simply Fabulous!!! lol!
OK…remember to go check out the rest of the Challenge Team's designs over on Create with Connie and Mary. And…don't forget…this is the LAST WEEK to take advantage of the $5 off Early Bird Savings. Our Spring Collection 2014 will be starting on SUNDAY and you don't want to miss a thing! For less than $1 each step-by-step photo tutorial, you get over 18 projects and 24 card ideas at a price of $24.95 US!