We are just finishing up Week 3 over on Create with Connie and Mary Summer Collection 2013 ! But, you need to be a subscriber to see all the wonderful projects! Many of the projects, you'll be able to create in 2 hours or less…making them perfect for classes and camps! And we have lots of gift giving and home decor items, too! Join us…for only $24.95 US, you get 24 FABULOUS step-by-step PHOTO tutorials! That's just a little over $1 each! And, these projects use items from the main catalog…so they will be available to use for an ENTIRE YEAR!!! Check out Create with Connie and Mary now! Relax and let us design your classes this summer!
It's time again for the Create with Connie and Mary Summer Collection 2013 Saturday challenge…this week it is a FUN sketch for you to try!
Here's my take on it…I let the I Am Me Designer Paper do most of the work on this card with a greeting for the focal image! I love this luggage print and the wonderful color combination! I figured the greeting was very apt for the travel theme! lol!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, folded in half to make the card.
- I cut a 3 x 5 1/2 piece of I Am Me Designer Paper and added 1/2 x 5 1/2 strips of Real Red at the top and bottom of it (good way to save on cardstock, and I used up some of my scraps!) then adhered it to the front of the card.
- I inked up the greeting from Really Good Greetings with my Real Red, Basic Gray and Daffodil Delight Stampin' Write Markers, then stamped on Whisper White. I punched it out with the Extra Large Oval punch.
- That was adhered to a small Decor Label Framelit of Real Red with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I adhered that element to a 1 1/2 x 3 piece of Basic Gray cardstock, embossed with the Square Lattice folder for some texture, cut with flag ends, then placed on front.
- For little bling, I tied some White Bakers Twine into a bow on my Daffodil Delight button and placed it on front with a Mini Glue Dot.
Love how fun this card is…too bad my husband doesn't travel…I could give it to him. Hmmm, maybe he should give it to ME when I go to Convention! lol!
Make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did with this sketch challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! Grab your stamps and play along…anyone can…and you might just win the drawing for some FREE subscriptions to our Fall Collection 2013!