Hope you had a wonderful Easter. We had our kids, my parents, my husband’s parents and my brother and his family over for dinner last night…16 in all! We TRIED to get photos of the grand kids…but they wouldn’t sit still and too many were trying to photograph them! lol! I think we got about 2 minutes of time before they were off and running again! The Easter Bunny left bubbles and sidewalk chalk, plus puzzles and a couple outdoor toys for summer play!
Helping Me Grow is one of those stamp sets that was originally on my want list (it is flowers, you know) when the Occasions catalog first came out. I was even going to do a swap with it. Then it moved off my list for a long while. Then I had some hostess dollars to spend, so I put it on my list again. When I wanted to send a “thinking of you” card for one of my sweet downline, Jane, I grabbed this set to use and made it nice and cheerful!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Tangelo Twist, folded in half.
- A 2-1/2 x 5-1/2 strip of Schoolhouse Designer Paper was added along the right side, then a 1/4 x 5-1/5 strip of Daffodil Delight adhered on top for some contrast and to tie in the yellow color int he flower.
- On the 3-1/4 x 4-3/4 piece of Whisper White, the flowers from Helping Me Grow were stamped with Black Archival Ink, then watercolored with Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Pear Pizzazz and Mossy Meadow Markers. Tangelo Twist Marker was added full strength to the centers.
- The corner image was stamped with Tangelo Twist Ink in all 4 corners. This piece was popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sweet Friend was lined up on the block, then stamped with Tangelo Twist on scrap Whisper White and the outline with Black Archival Ink. It was cut with the Rose Garden Framelit label image. That also was popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
That’s it! I didn’t add any lumpy embellishments so I could keep it flat for mailing.
I just REDUCED the prices on my retired stamp sets for sale…
so make sure to check them out again HERE! Thanks!