Over on SUO Challenges we have a Ribbon/Bow challenge! How fun is that? I love using ribbon. I made up one of these Ribbon Rose flowers using the 1 1/4 Burlap Ribbon for a Create project, but then didn't use it…so it was perfect for this challenge!
This also happens to be a quick and easy gift card holder! One of my standbys! Here is the inside:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Baked Brown Sugar cardstock, scored at 2 and 6. The bottom I used two pieces of Sticky Strip on the sides and folded up to make a pocket. I added a 2 x 5 1/2 piece of Epic Day Designer Paper to the front of the pocket.
- The top portion I embossed with the Alphabet Press Folder and sponged the raised area with Baked Brown Sugar ink, then rounded the corners of the top only.
- I cut the Calypso Coral Deco Label out and adhered it to the top portion with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- The Burlap Ribbon I curled and wrapped onto a Jumbo Sticky Round, then added the Very Vintage Designer Button by sewing with Linen Thread. I adhered it to the Deco Label.
- Finally, I punched the green polka dot pattern in Epic Day with the Blossom Punch, then cut out two petals twice for the leaves and placed it under the ribbon flower.
- Inside I stamped Fabulous from Million & One stamp set with Early Espresso Ink.
Isn't that fun??? OK, now you need to go check out what the rest of the Design Team did over on SUO Challenges! Some fabulous ideas, as usual!