Our challenge on SUO Challenges this time is to use our favorite accessory. Well, sorry…I can't just use ONE…there are a whole LOT of accessories that I absolutely love! But, I pulled out one of my new favorite sets, Perfect Blend, to see what I could do! lol! And…my favorite accessory? Right now it is the Candy Dots…what a GREAT idea!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Whisper White, folded in half.
- Layered on top is a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Crumb Cake cardstock.
- On top of that is a 2 1/2 x 5 1/4 strip of Epic Day Designer Paper, the hexagon print, cut with a flag end.
- Another Daffodil Delight print in the same DSP was cut to 2 1/4 x 3.
- Yet another green polka dot print from that DSP was cut to 2 x 2 and also used on the cup band. (TIP: stamp the middle part of the coffee cup on the back of the side of DSP you are using, then cut just slightly inside the lines. Adhere the right side showing on the cup.)
- The coffee cup from Perfect Blend was stamped with Black Stazon on Calypso Coral and cut out. A Calypso Coral marker was used to highlight the shaded areas to make them darker. Top lid of the coffee cup was stamped on Crumb Cake with Black Stazon and cut out, too. A Crumb Cake marker was used for shading on the lid.
- I used a strip of Epic Day Washi tape across the front (another favorite accessory).
- I stamped the greeting from Perfect Blend in Black Stazon on scrap Crumb Cake and punched with the new Artisan Label Punch (yes, another favorite!)
- But now…what did I use for the coffee ring stains and spots??? Can you guess? I used the spots stamp from My Paper Pumpkin's first kit in Crumb Cake ink. AND, I used the bottom of an embossing powder jar to make the rings. I just inked up the bottom and stamped right on the designer paper! Gives it a fun look! Wish they would have included the rings stamp IN the set, but I improvised and it worked!
- The greeting was popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I punched a Small Heart from Calypso Coral for the band on the cup, then added the Brights Candy Dot on top!
I love it!!! Hope you like it, too!
OK…make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did over on SUO Challenges and what THEIR favorite accessory is! Amazing ideas, I'm sure!