Wow…the week of Christmas! Can you believe it? I’ve lost all track of time with my dad being in the hospital…running there every day really can eat into your time! I’m thankful that my Stampin’ Up! business is so flexible that I can take the time I need to right now to focus on my family. But…that isn’t getting my cookies made or the presents wrapped! Oh well…what gets done, gets done, right?
The theme this time on SUO Challenges is projects that feature Ovals, Circles and Squares! Pretty easy, theme…right? Well, my mind was going in a ton of different directions! Finally I went with this cute snowman. I did a tag class a couple years ago with the snowman as a circle…I incorporated that idea with Stampin’ Up!’s new Stitched Shapes Framelits and matched it with the Stitched with Cheer Stamp Set greeting!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Soft Sky cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White was embossed with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder.
- At the bottom a 2 x 4 piece of Soft Sky was torn for the ground.
- The snowman was cut with the largest circle Stitched Shapes Framelit from Whisper White cardstock.
- The scarf was a 1/4″ strip cut on a curve from This Christmas Designer Paper.
- The mittens were punched from the This Christmas DSP and the boots from Basic Black cardstock with the Cookie Builder Punch.
- The eyes and buttons were punched from Basic Black cardstock with the small circle on the Cookie Builder Punch.
- The nose is the small star punched from Pumpkin Pie cardstock.
- The hat is cut from Snow Friends Framelit from Basic Black cardstock with a small 1/8″ strip of DSP on it.
- The cheeks were colored with an AquaPainter and Blushing Bride Marker.
- The greeting from Stitched with Cheer stamp set (that set is SO worth the money just for the greetings!) in Cherry Cobbler Ink.
- The snowman was popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally, some Clear Wink of Stella was added to the ground for some sparkle.
OK…check out what the rest of the SUO Challenges Design Team did this week with the Circles, Ovals and Squares challenge on SUO Challenges!