It's time for another SUO Challenge…this time with a theme of butterflies! Pretty easy theme with all the butterfly images and punches and dies that Stampin' Up! has out in the catalogs right now!
I hope my card comes across as I intended. I was going for a butterfly house look using Aviary stamp set! You remember when I mentioned we were at the Niagara Falls Conservatory and saw all the butterflies? Well, they had these "cages" hanging around in the butterfly habitat and I thought to looked so neat! I also was able to use up some of the "starts" on my desk. I had most of the butterflies cut and the Aviary stamped Oval already done, and also the Window Framelit cut from Basic Black done! I was happy to get them off my desk and put into use. All the clutter starts to get to me after a while and I have to CLEAN them away! lol!
Here are the details:
- The base card is 4 1/4 x 11 Daffodil Delight, folded in half to make the base card.
- I added a 4 x 4 1/4 piece of Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Paper to the bottom. Then cut a 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece of the green polka dot on the reverse side to hide the seam.
- I used the Basic Black Window Frame Framelit and added a Whisper White Oval Framelit piece, stamped with the Aviary cage in Black Stazon on front. That was adhered to the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- The butterflies from Papillon Potpourri were stamped in Melon Mambo, Marina Mist, Pink Pirouette and Daffodil Delight, punched with the Bitty Butterfly punch and added to the front.
- I also punched butterfies from Daffodil Delight and the striped pattern in Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP.
- Each of the butterflies has a rhinestone jewel for the body, and were placed diagonally across the cage.
- I stamped Get Well Wishes from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Black Stazon on Daffodil Delight and punched with the Modern Label Punch, added to the bottom of the oval with more Stampin' Dimensionals.
Definitely a bright card to cheer someone up if they have been sick!
Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team over on SUO Challenges to see what they did with the Butterfly theme! And grab your stamps and play along! We love to see your creativity!