Archive for the ‘3D items’ Category:
First, I haven’t shown off my grandkids for a LONG while! Here’s a photo from last night that I just couldn’t resist. I love the expression on Quinn’s face as she looks at her cousin Carter playing! Carter is 2 years old now and Quinn is 9 months!
Did you know? Our July 2015 Mini Session premiered yesterday over on Create with Connie and Mary! All 5 tutorials are available to download as soon as you subscribe! For only $8.95 US, it’s a bargain. Here are a few more details:
Need some ideas for new sets? What some exclusive ideas that are not posted public? Check out the new Create with Connie and Mary Mini Session!
All FIVE projects are available once the mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials) right there at your fingertips
AND we are showing ‘snippets’ of the projects and letting you know what sets we used! Here’s what we did for July!
All this for only $8.95! Projects will be available July 26th and you will get ALL 5 ideas right away…no waiting! So head over to Create with Connie and Mary to sign up now!
The new In Color Blossom Accents are so fun. I knew when I saw them that I would be re-creating a couple projects that I did a couple years ago for Convention. Want to see?
The first is a pretty bracelet. It actually has blank disks on it so that I could glue on the In Color Blossoms with Crystal Effects. Very sturdy. I’ve worn it several times already! I like the multi-colored ones, but I’ve also made them in all one color! The rhinestones in the center of the flowers really sparkle and attract attention (thanks Jan for that idea!)
EDIT: Since I’m getting a lot of requests, here is where I found the bracelet blanks.
MANY years ago, a friend Dina made us some scissor charms. I have used mine so much that it was quite bent out of shape, so decided that it was time to re-do mine. I used earring hoops, some Swarovski crystals and a flat blank pendant charm to glue the In Color Blossom onto. Now I can keep track of my scissors, too!
Aren’t those fun and a different way to use our stamping accessories?
Did you see that Create with Connie and Mary is getting ready to start a new Mini Session soon? We’ll be featuring a few sets in the new catalog…what’s the July Mini Session all about?
- A mini session includes the tutorials for FIVE projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
- Each mini session includes THREE card sets, each with 4 cards
- Each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect for your club or stamp camp
- All FIVE projects are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials) right there at your fingertips
- July Mini session is available beginning on July 26th (and available for 1 year)
- Cost is $8.95
- Sets used for this collection
- Made with Love
- Cottage Greetings
- Over the Rainbow
- Awesomely Artistic
- Garden in Bloom
Check out Create with Connie and Mary and sign up for the July Mini Session today!
You may just be starting the blog hop here at my blog – Connie Babbert at INKspired Treasures, or may have come from the person previous to me on the list. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all the projects. At the moment you are visiting my blog, Connie Babbert.
While I was in Hawaii, I picked up some of these cute Hawaii pens as a thank you for my Stamp Club members and hostesses. Like usual, I didn’t think to photograph until I had already given a bunch of them out. But, here’s what the group looks like of those remaining:
So…what is new and old on here?
- I stamped the larger Flower Patch flower with Daffodil Delight Ink on Whisper White and then the center with new Watermelon Wonder Ink. It was cut out with the Flower Fair Framelit.
- I added a new Perfect White Accent to the center of the flower.
- The cello bag topper was cut 2 x 3-1/2 from new Mint Macaron cardstock. The cardstock was slipped into the back of the Decorative Label Punch to get the decorative edge.
- I stamped the leaves image from Kinda Eclectic with new Cucumber Crush Ink on top.
- I used the Alphabet Rotary Stamp to spell out Mahalo (Thank You) inked with new Watermelon Wonder ink on a 1/2″ strip of Whisper White, then cut the flag end.
- I added the pens to the 1 x 8 cello bag, then stapled the topper on it.
Here’s my first project using the Cutie Pie Box Thinlit that I turned into a Christmas Tree box! Wouldn’t this be fun to give someone filled with treats?
- I used Old Olive cardstock for the box and Chocolate Chip for the tree trunk.
- The stripe pattern in the Merry Moments Designer Paper makes great “garland” for the tree and some decoration along the sides.
- In between the garland are “ornaments” of Silver Sequins from the Sequin Trim.
- At top is the new Star Punch from Silver Glimmer Paper and is added with a Stampin’ Dimensional to the top.
- Very Merry is from And Many More stamp set and stamped with Cherry Cobbler Ink, then punched with the new Washi Tape punch.
- A couple Petite Flowers punched from Real Red are added to the side with a Silver Sequin in the center.
And, of course, I needed a matching card…all using the Cutie Pie Box Thinlet, too!
- The larger size is a tree FRAME with the DSP behind the opening. I used the larger box size and the additional smaller size framelits to make a tree frame. A few sequins were added for “ornaments”.
- The smaller one is the framelit cut out out from the larger size and I decorated it like the box. The flower is two Petite Petals Punches from the reverse side of the stripe DSP.
- Merry Christmas is from the new set, Lots of Joy, stamped in Real Red.
- The 3 1/2 x 4 Smoky Slate cardstock is embossed with the Elegants Dots Folder and adhered to the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, then the 4-1/4 x 11 base of Real Red cardstock.
- Some 1/8″ Silver Ribbon hides the seam.
- The trunks are just cut pieces of Chocolate Chip cardstock.
Another fun SUO Challenge this time is to make a Sweet Treat! I decided to show the sweet treat favor I made for my Hawaii incentive trip 3D swap! These are filled with Mambo taffy candy. I made 28 of them for the swap and a couple friends…here they are ready to be packed in my suitcase!
- The Beautiful Bunch flower was stamped twice with Pumpkin Pie (Rich Razzleberry or Daffodil Delight) Ink on Whisper White, then punched with the Fun Flower punch.
- The leaves were the flower stamped with Old Olive Ink on Old Olive cardstock, punched, then cut the petals for leaves.
- The center Petite Petal image was stamped with Old Olive Ink on Whisper White and punched with the Petite Petals punch, then added to the center. A Rhinestone jewel was put in the center.
- I added a 1 3/4″ wide piece of Daffodil Delight to the top, added the flower and leaves. It’s Your Day from Fabulous Four was stamped with Pacific Point on a strip of Whisper White and cut with a flag end.
Here’s the side view. The candy was wrapped in the Brights Patterns Designer Paper and adhered to the bottom strip.
I promised I’d share the directions on how to make the box I did for the Control Freaks Blog Hop this month! We aren’t permitted to have extra “links” the first couple days of the tour so people don’t get off track on the tour. But, finally I can share! Here you go!
Set: Petal Potpourri
Inks: Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe (retiring), Pistachio Pudding (retiring), Gold Metallic (retiring)
Cardstock: Crisp Cantaloupe (retiring), Garden Green, Whisper White
Accessories: Gold Soiree DSP (retiring), 1/8″ Gold Metallic Ribbon, Party Pennants Die (retiring), Flower Medallion Punch, 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch, 1/2″ Circle Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Cello bag, White Stripe Ribbon, Pompom Trim
We are just finishing up Week 3 on our Create with Connie and Mary Spring Collection 2015! This week was Card “Create”tions Week…sets of four cards using different stamp sets in the Occasions Catalog…a very popular week! It’s not too late to join and you won’t miss anything…you can refer back to the projects 24/7 for up to a year! For only $29.95 US, you’ll get over 24 project ideas not shown ANYWHERE else! So, stop by Create with Connie and Mary and sign up!
I used Stampin’ Up!’s stamp set, Painted Petals, for my card set this week that subscribers saw this past Thursday! So, I’ve made a little favor you can make to go along with the card set for your class or gift!
Slip off the belly band and open it up to store your little treat!
I know you are going to want measurements, right? Here you go!
- The base is 3 1/2 x 11 Pistachio Pudding, scored at 3-3/4, 4-1/4, and 8-1/4, fold all scorelines inside towards the center.
- Emboss the front panel (closest two the double score lines) with Spring Flowers folder.
- On the edge closest to the single score line, push the Word Window punch in as far as it will go and punch the width needed for your treat.
- Place a piece of Sticky Strip on that same end, place your treat, then press the Sticky Strip flap down to hold it in place.
- On the front, add a 3-1/4 x 3-1/2 piece of Something Borrowed Designer Paper.
- For the belly band, cut a 1 x 11 piece of Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock. Score at 5-1/4 and 5-3/4, wrap around base. Add Sahara Sand Lace to bottom of front piece.
- Pierce a hole on the open ends and place a Candy Dot Brad Base. Add green Subtles Candy Dot to center. Trim ends with a flag cut.
- Cut second from smallest Oval with Oval Framelits from Whisper White cardstock. Stamp Thank You in Tuxedo Black Ink, the stems with Pistachio Pudding, the flowers with Crisp Cantaloupe and the dotted line with Calypso Coral. Sponge around edges with Pistachio Pudding Ink. Add to Belly Band with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Tie a Coastal Cabana bow and add to stems with Mini Glue Dot.
OK…so now continue on around the Create with Connie and Mary Spring Collection 2015 Design Team blogs to see their cards and what sets they used this week on their projects! Next up is Mary Brown!
Well, made it back safely from Leadership in Orlando on Saturday night. I moved up my flight from Sunday due to all the snow that we were supposed to get. Ended up not being much of anything…but I was glad I came home just in case. I knew I probably wouldn’t have slept at all thinking about it anyway. I also brought home a bad cold! It hit me the first day I was there. Two good nights of sleep and I’m feeling much better.
One of the fun things of Leadership is giving roommate and friend gifts. Here’s what I made my roommate, Annette, with the new Bouquet Bigz Die!
It is a fun desk notepad that I decorated with a belly band and the big flower on top from the Bouquet Bigz Die in the Occasions Catalog. Real Red, Night of Navy, Baked Brown Sugar and Very Vanilla cardstocks matched it PERFECTLY!
I also made a matching bag tag for her Leadership bag so it didn’t get mixed up with the thousands of other bags! I just used the smaller petals to make the smaller flower.
I normally don’t do roller coasters or rides, mainly because of a bad experience on The Beast at Kings Island. However, our Manager’s Reception was held at Disney World and I was roped into riding the Hollywood Tower of Terror! Yikes! But…I loved it so much that I rode it TWICE…the second time in front! Great night! These Mickey Mouse shaped Key Lime Shortbread Cookies were my favorite dessert, too!
OK…guess that is enough for now! Check back for more later!
And…don‘t forget! Our new Spring Collection 2015 is just half-way over on Create with Connie and Mary! Our subscription is full of gift ideas, home decor, card sets and 3D project tutorials perfect for your stamp camps and classes! We’re using Occasions and Sale-A-Bration products from Stampin’ Up!’s Catalogs. Get over 24 projects for only $29.95 US…that’s just a little over $1 per tutorial! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary!
I love the Valentine Mini Treat Bag Thinlet Dies. Did you see the BOXES I made from this Treat Bag Thinlet? You can get a FREE TUTORIAL here on how to turn it into two different variety of boxes. But…for this sample, I made it exactly as it is supposed to go together. Now I just need to decide what goes in it!
Here are the details:
- I cut the Mini Treat Bag from Coastal Cabana cardstock. Before I ran it thru, I also placed the heart shape on the cardstock to cut it at the same time. Then I used the heart again to cut out the Best Year Ever Designer Paper for the inside heart and one from Blushing Bride cardstock for the outside.
- I embossed the front with the Happy Hearts Folder and put the bag together with Sticky Strip.
- I cut some more of the FUN accessories that comes with this Thinlet grouping! The banner from another pattern of DSP, the border of hearts from Calypso Coral cardstock (save one of the punched hearts to add to the large Blushing Bride heart).
- A little Pom Pom trim and a Silver Glimmer Paper bow are all stapled on the front side of the bag.
What a super fun treat to give someone! The bag just makes it, don’t you think?
And…don‘t forget! We are just starting Week 2 of our new Spring Collection 2015 over on Create with Connie and Mary and it’s not too late to join! Our subscription is full of gift ideas, home decor, card sets and 3D project tutorials perfect for your stamp camps and classes! We’re using Occasions and Sale-A-Bration products from Stampin’ Up!’s Catalogs. Get over 24 projects for only $29.95 US…that’s just a little over $1 per tutorial! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Wow! It’s time for another Tour de Freaks blog hop! The theme this time is Love or Valentines…perfect timing, huh? You’ve probably just arrived from the fabulous Julie Davison’s blog. Love her fun projects, didn’t you?
When deciding what to do for this tour, I knew I wanted to use the Hello Life stamp set. It really is so much more than a Valentine set! I love that large “do more of what makes you happy” greeting! But, since our theme is Love or Valentine’s, I went with the obvious hearts and paired it with the Stacked with Love Designer Paper Stack. Here’s my little duo of projects!
I also adore the new Bow Builder Punch…I’ve used it a couple ways on my projects. The card has the simple bow and the top of the box has a package bow! Both are SO easy to make! Here are a few details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11, folded in half.
- Crumb Cake layer is 4 x 5-1/4
- The heart DSP is 2-1/4 x 4 with a strip of coordinating DSP sized 1/2 x 4 to hide the seam.
- The script Love was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink along the bottom.
- The small polka dot heart was stamped with Real Red and hand-cut (no punch or framelit that size…bummer!)
- The “happy” greeting was stamped with Tuxedo Black on Real Red and cut with the Heart Framelits and added to the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Stacked with Love DSP was punched twice with the Bow Builder Punch and put together with Mini Glue dots and added to the bottom of the large heart.
The Tiny Box was so quick and easy to make, too!
- All four sides were covered with the 1-3/4 x 1-3/4 squares of the diagonal stripe in Stacked with Love DSP.
- On the sides and back, 1/4 x 1-3/4 strips of coordinating DSP were adhered across the center.
- Four hearts were stamped…two in Calypso Coral (striped heart) and two in Real Red (polka dot heart) on Whisper White and hand-cut, then placed with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The front DSP was stamped with the script Love in Tuxedo Black, and an additional Red Glimmer Heart was cut with the small Heart Framelit.
- A rhinestone jewel on the front heart added a little bling.
- The top uses four of the Bow Builder Punches from Stacked with Love DSP. The tails were added to a 1″ circle with Mini Glue Dots and then staggered the looped bows on top of them. A 7/8″ Scallop Circle punched from the same DSP covers the ends on the circle.
- For some bling, a Facet Jewel was tied with White Bakers Twine and added to the center of the bow, then added to the top of the Tiny Box with Stampin’ Dimensionals!
Such a sweet little wrapped package for someone you love!
Make sure to continue on around the rest of the Tour de Freaks! Some great ideas! Next up is Patty Bennett with more wonderful Love ideas!