Archive for the ‘3D items’ Category:
My daughter-in-law's baby shower was held in our home last Saturday. She is expecting our first grandchild! My sister-in-law, Bev, was hostess, but I had to do some decorating! lol! Here is my son, Adam, and his lovely wife, Beth!
One of things I've been wanting to make is a diaper cake! It was SO much fun and easier than I expected! Since we don't know the sex of the baby yet, we went with a Rubber Ducky theme with yellow, blue and gray!
and here is the back:
I used a silver charger plate for the bottom. I wrapped each diaper with a rubber band, then made the layers by combining them in a circle. I attached rattles, and teething rings, little onesies, a ducky hat, a ducky wash mitt, and a rubber ducky with heat sensor (for testing bath water) at the top!
Around each layer, I added 1 3/4 strips of the Summer Starfruit Chevron Paper in Parker's Patterns Designer Paper, layered on 2" strips of Basic Gray. I had JUST enough of the DSP left over from the Shower Invitations that I made. (See them HERE!) I rolled and tied on all the little toys and items with Daffodil Delight Seam Binding Ribbon.
I thought it turned out DARLING!!! She loved it and so did everyone else in attendance. My husband was especially enthralled with it…saying that I could easily sell them! He was going to show pictures off around the office! lol! I'll be showing off some of the other baby shower decorations later in the week, so check back!
Don't forget…PREORDER RIBBON SHARES going on NOW!
PREORDER NEW catalog Ribbon Shares!!!
BONUS: Get a free package of Candy Dots in your choice of family color with each $50 ribbon share purchase (before shipping)!
I can't believe that our session of Create with Connie and Mary's Card "Create"tions for All Occasions is already over! That time went by SOOOO fast! The designers have a last little favor for you that coordinates with the stamp set they used for Week 3. The stamp set I used was Stippled Blossoms. On my favor, I combined that set with the chalkboard technique that is all the rage right now. I made a cute little gable box to hold some candy or a small gift!
Here are the details:
- I cut the box from Lucky Limeade cardstock by printing the template below on my cardstock. Tip: To avoid seeing lines from the printed template, cut inside the lines or use the reverse side.
- I cut a 2 x 12 piece of Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Paper and wrapped it around the box.
- Stamp the Thank You greeting from From My Heart stamp set with White Craft Ink on Basic Black and emboss with White Embossing Powder. Cut with the Label Framelit.
- Use a sponge dauber and White Craft Ink to add a little "smeared chalk dust" around the front and the edges and adhere to the front of the box with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I stamped the small flowers from Stippled Blossoms stamp set with Regal Rose and Melon Mambo outlines, then cut them out. The leaves were Lucky Limeade ink and cut out.
- Attach to the front and add Pearls for the centers.
Make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did with favors over on Create with Connie and Mary! Thank you for joining us for Card "Create"tions for all Occasions! Be watching for our Create with Connie and Mary Summer Collection coming soon…we're adding LOTS more card sets for you to use and enjoy! You won't want to miss it!
Yes! It's time for the Tour de Freaks…brought to you every month from the Control Freak Swappers! This tour's theme this month is BIRTHDAYS! Yeah! Everyone has one of those, right? You've probably just come from Yvette Ashe's blog, weren't her projects wonderful? After visiting here, you can continue on your way by following the link at the bottom.
Here's what I've done this month! I used a masculine theme for my card and little favor box! Inside the favor is a few treats…plus, I plan to roll up a gift certificate for my dad…the place I get them still gives out the paper kind, so that will work perfectly!
Isn't that fun? I know my dad will love it! Here's a closeup of the card.
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Midnight Muse folded in half.
- I added a 3 3/4 by 5 piece of Very Vanilla that is embossed with the Chevron Embossing Folder.
- I cut the Parker's Patterns Designer Paper with the Scallop Duo Die and added it to the right side.
- I punched a Decorative Label Punch from Midnight Muse and place it towards the left.
- The ties from Best Dad Ever were stamped three times with Cajun Craze, Midnight Muse and Early Espresso, then cut out (I used some on the favor, too). I adhered them to the Decorative Label Punch piece and added a Hung Up Cute Clip to the top for the ties to "hang" on.
- The top tie I pierced with the tool, then added a VIntage Trinket tie tack.
- I stamped Happy Birthday twice with Midnight Muse ink…once on Daffodil Delight and once on Very Vanilla, punched the Daffodil Delight with the Ticket Duo punch, then cut the Happy off the Very Vanilla and added it to the top.
The favor was SO fun to make! Can you tell what I used for the top sleeve portion? If you guessed the Clear Scallop Square Die…you are RIGHT! Since the top element with the ties is the same as I described above, I'll just give you the dimensions of the favor.
- Cut the Clear Scallop Die with Parker's Patterns Designer Paper. Score at 7/8, 1-1/2, 2-7/8 & 3-1/2. Fold and adhere just the tips of the scallops together to form the sleeve.
- Make the bottom to hold 3 Hershey Nuggets with a 2-1/4 x 5-3/4 piece of Midnight Muse cardstock. Score 1/2 each on all four sides. Cut slits from the narrow end to the score mark for the tabs. Adhere the tabs inside the box bottom.
- Wrap 1 x 3 pieces of designer paper around the Hershey Nuggets.
- Slide the box bottom inside the sleeve.
- Decorate the top same as the card above.
OK…so what do you think? I'm really happy with how it turned out!!! Makes a great little masculine gift!
So, continue on to Patty Bennett's blog for the next stop on the tour! Enjoy the birthday theme this month!
We are just ending up Week 2 over on Create with Connie and Mary's Card "Create"tions for All Occasions! Like we did last week, all of the designers have come up with a little favor to go along with the stamp set they featured this week. Mine, obviously, was the Henry Says stamp set from the Spring Mini! I made this cute little fold-over box! EDIT: Directions are now included below!
Inside I have a little cello bag full of candies.
Here are the directions on how to make the two-piece box.
- Cut one Lucky Limeade piece 2 1/2 x 10 3/4 for the fold over sleeve, score at 2 1/4, 3 1/4, and 7 1/4.
- Cut a second Lucky Limeade piece for the box inside at 4 1/2 x 5 1/2. With the 4 1/2 at top of Simply Scored Tool, score at 1 and 3 1/2. Turn and with 5 1/2 at top, score at 2 1/4 and 3 1/4. Cut out center tab pieces on each side of box piece and adhere flaps together on each side.
- Fold sleeve pieces on score lines. Adhere bottom of box to the 1" area on the sleeve piece.
- Fold 2 1/4 piece on sleeve up over front of the box and adhere.
- Adhere back of box to back portion of the sleeve.
- Cut a 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 piece of Lucky Limeade, emboss with the Delicate Designs Folder and trim with the Large Scallop Edgelit.
- Adhere just the bottom of the embossed piece to the bottom front of the sleeve. You want room for the top flap to fit down behind the embossed piece to keep the box closed.
- Cut 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 piece of Floral District Designer Paper and adhere on the front.
- Then I stamped the trio of blackbirds from Henry Says stamp set on Whisper White with Black Stazon, stamped the pennant again with Melon Mambo and placed over the black one with Stampin' Dimensionals. I cut it out with the Label Framelits and layered on a Decorated Label Punch of Melon Mambo cardstock. It is popped up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals!
- Cut out the small flower from one of the DSP prints and add to top with a Rhinestone Jewel in the center.
It turned out really cute and I think my Stamp Clubs will be making one of these this month!!! They should like it!
Make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did this week with their little favors that match the stamp sets they used! AND…then…have you joined us at Card "Create"tions? Find out more on Create with Connie and Mary!
Over on Create with Connie and Mary Card "Create"tions for All Occasions, we're just finishing up Week 1! We've shown 6 card sets, featuring stamps and accessories from the Main and Spring Mini catalogs. This Saturday, each of our Designers have made a matching 3D favor to go along with the stamp set they featured. As you can see, my featured set this week was For the Birds. Here's my favor! I saw something similar made for Valentine's, but I thought it would be cute to add the For the Birds image!
Can you tell what my Owl is made from?
If you said the Dresden Designs Bigz Die….you are RIGHT! Isn't it fun? I always love to get another idea from something I've purchased for one use. Here are the details…pretty simple to whip up a bunch of these!
- I cut the smaller Dresden Design from the Daffodil Delight Polka Dot Parade Designer Paper. I scored down about 2" from the small end, then cut the top into a point from the center to the fold mark and adhered it to the front.
- I made eyes with the 3/4" Circle Punch from Whisper White cardstock, then the irises with the Small Heart Punch and Marina Mist cardstock. The pupils I used the 1/8" Circle Punch with Basic Black cardstock. The eyes were popped up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I stamped the little bird in the nest with Black Stazon on scrap Whisper White and watercolored with my AquaPainter and the Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso and Real Red Stampin' Write Markers. I cut it out and adhered to the front.
- I stamped thinking of you with Black Stazon and punched with the Word Window Punch and adhered to the front.
- Finally, I added a heart shaped Butterfinger candy to the front with Mini Glue Dots. You could also use the square Dove candies if you can't find heart shaped ones now!
TIP: You could turn this into a card pretty easily…just fold the card base in half where I have my score line before you run it thru the Big Shot.
Isn't it CUTE…and SIMPLE? And how fun that it matches the 4 card set I did for my Card "Create"tions project sheet! Combine all of the ideas to make a fun class…everything is already measured with directions! For only $19.95 US for over 72 card ideas, using 18 different sets…what a bargain! Here are some details:
We are JUST getting started over on Create with Connie and Mary for the NEW Card "Create"tions for All Occasions Edition using occasions, nature and celebration stamp sets from the Main and Spring Mini catalogs! We have TWO FREE Preview Projects over there for you to see what we are all about and to download the Project Sheets! PLUS a bonus coordinating favor from the designers on Saturday that is shared on our blogs!
* Over 72 EXCLUSIVE cards with 18 stamp sets featured!
* Runs daily March 31 – April 20
* Printable supply lists, measurements and DIRECTIONS!
* 24/7 access up to a year
* Perfect for classes or personal cards!
* Designers Elizabeth Price, Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson and Deb Currier are joining Mary Brown and Connie Babbert!
Get more details and join the fun over on Create with Connie and Mary!
It's time for the February Tour de Freaks…brought to you by the Control Freak Swappers! It's the best time of the month, don't you think? I love seeing my fellow Freaks come up with some great ideas! This month we are featuring the Spring Mini. Pretty easy considering all the FUN stuff in that mini! You may have just come from LeeAnn Greff's blog…didn't you love her projects? Make sure to take the entire tour, we have 12 stops…it will bring you back around to here!
I decided to feature the Oh Whale stamp set. I just recently completed a baby ensemble using this set and it was so much fun! My first is a card. This dotted print in the Sale-A-Bration Designer Paper, Sycamore Street, truly is my favorite right now! Wish I had it in all different colors! lol! I've been using the little heart on the Whale Clearlit as the fin, it fits perfectly…and tying the Baker's Twine around the tail is just so fun! Although it is a little hard to see the right edge of the card, it is normal 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 sized card. Yep, I have another one of those 2 1/2" Pool Party Core'dinations Circles left over from another project featured behind my whale.
My next project has been in my head for a while…I finally decided to keep it for this month's tour. Specimen Art is so popular right now. And, I love when they have a uniform theme going and highlight one of the specimen with a different color. So, that's what I did with my frame. It is a 10×10 shadow box frame I picked up at the big box craft store. The background is 10×10 Pool Party cardstock and I layered on a 9 1/4 x 9 1/4 Whisper White background. Then I cut all the whales with the Clearlit and Sycamore Street Designer Paper and popped them up with Stampin' Dimensionals. The different whale was stamped with Island Indigo, I added the heart fin and Baker's Twine on the tail and a rhinestone for his eye!
Wouldn't this be fun in a baby's room? Add the name, birth date, weight and length along the bottom and have a personalized birth announcement, too! It is so much more impressive in person than this photograph shows!
Make sure to continue on around the rest of the tour! Next stop is Justin Krieger's blog…I know you'll love his ideas for our February Tour de Freaks!
Flower Fair Favor…say that fast 3 times! lol! Today our Create with Connie and Mary Design Team has some FUN favors as inspiration for this week's Treat Favor challenge! Love doing these and love getting ideas for little favors to hand out! The one I did for today I also made up as Valentines and gave out to my Club members this month! (Sorry Polly and Linda…they weren't ready when I mailed your order out…I'll make it up to you!)
Now, it does look pretty simple…and it really is…but it has a fun fold that I think you will like!
Can you see it? The right side flap secures under the top decoration on the left flap to hold it closed! I was inspired by one of these I received in a swap at Leadership! On this one, I used the Flower Fair Scrappin' Kit to make and decorate it! But what is inside? A yummy Ghirardelli Chocolate!!! Isn't that fun?
Here are the details:
- Cut Daffodil Delight cardstock 2 1/2 x 10, score at 3 1/2, 3 3/4, 7 1/4, 7 1/2
- Front: 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 Whisper White Cardstock, layer on 2 x 3 Garden Green strip from Flower Fair Kit.
- Add the Flower Adhesive Strip from the kit to the front (3") and the inside (3 1/2").
- I layered two of the Kit flowers together and added the Daffodil Delight Button tied with Bakers Twine to the left side with Stampin' Dimensionals, and added two of the Kit leaves behind it.
- I stamped Just for You from A Little Greeting stamp set (Spring Mini) stamped with Garden Green on 1/2" strip of Whisper White, cut one end a flag cut, then added it to the front.
- Next, place a piece of Sticky Strip on the back left side only of the decorated piece…that is the only place it is adhered to on the left flap.
- As shown, the longer left flap folds in first, the shorter right flap tucks behind the front decoration on the left flap to close.
- Adhere a Ghirardellli Chocolate inside.
Hope that isn't too confusing…it really is easy, just sounds a little confusing to write it out!
Again, make sure to check out the rest of the Treat Favors this week for the Create with Connie and Mary Spring Edition Week 3 Challenge! Our subscribers who play along have a chance to win a FREE subscription to the next Create with Connie and Mary. AND…it's not too late to join! We are getting ready to start Week 4, but you can see all the projects we've posted so far. AND, they will stay available for up to a year after the session closes so you can refer back to them 24/7! For a price of $34.95 US for over 30 step-by-step photo tutorials…you can't go wrong! Join us today!
Our Create with Connie and Mary Spring 2013
PREVIEW WEEK is here!
What does that mean?
- BLOG CANDY – SIX free subscriptions!
- FREE PROJECTS with PHOTO TUTORIALS
- Spring session will begin in ONE WEEK with over 30 projects!
- Early Bird Special Price is just about over!
Today Mary Brown is sharing her fun SPRING project over on Create with Connie and Mary! She also has BLOG CANDY!!! So, make sure you stop over on Create with Connie and Mary and find out what you need to do to be entered! AND…download her FREE TUTORIAL…you won't want to miss this cute project. It will give you a taste of what our tutorials are like in our subscription service.
My little favor today was one that I swapped at Leadership in a Candy Swap. It turned out so much cuter than I had even thought in my head! Even my husband really thought it was cute and he rarely says anything! lol! It holds a full size Rolo candy "bar".
Want to know how to make it? Here we go!
- I used the narrow tag from the Two Tags Die and cut two from Melon Mambo cardstock.
- Score 5/8" from the bottom end on both tags to make the base.
- Adhere to a 1 x 1 3/4" rectangle of Melon Mambo cardstock to secure and create the base.
- Punch a 1 1/4" Scallop Circle out of the top of the front tag.
- Cut a 1 1/2 x 6" strip of Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Paper, score at 1/2, 1 1/2, 3 1/4 & 4 1/4.
- Starting at the back with the 1/2" tab, secure, then wrap it around to the front, using the score lines to create a "box" around both the tags. You will end up in the back again and overlap the 1/2" tab.
- I decorated the front with a 1/4" strip of Marina Mist, stamped in Night of Navy with "Thanks a ton!"
- I stamped the whale with Melon Mambo ink on Whisper White and cut it with the Whale Clearlit Die. I added a rhinestone for the eye and tied a bow of White Baker's Twine on the tail.
- The spout of water was stamped with Night of Navy on Whisper White and handcut out, then adhered with a Mini Glue Dot to the front.
- I cut more Designer Paper 3 x 4 1/4 to wrap around the Rolo candy, adhering it securely.
- I tied the Marina Mist 3/8 Striped Organdy Ribbon around the candy roll and tied a bow.
- On the bottom of the candy roll, I adhered a punched 3/4" circle of cardstock so that I could use Mini Glue Dots to hold the candy end in place on the bottom of the holder. It just secured it better than the gold foil wrapper did.
- Slide the Rolo candy from the front to inside the box, the scallop circle hole helps hold it in place!
Here's a side view:
So…what do you think? Cute??? What a nice little favor for a party or treat for someone special!
Now…don't forget! Check out Mary's darling project over on Create with Connie and Mary, get the FREE project tutorial AND find out where to get BLOG CANDY today! Here's a SNEAK PEEK!
I like to provide a calendar for my Stamp Club members every year. Here is the 2013 one we did at our last Stamp Club event! I love the "fresh" look of the Pleasant Poppies image…makes me think SPRING, even though we still have about 8 inches of snow on the ground!
What makes it nice is the the easel stand folds up and makes it the same size as a regular card, so it fits in a standard envelope to mail!
- Fold 4 1/4 x 11 in half to form base card.
- Stamp the Pleasant Poppies in Black Stazon partially on the front and full across the back.
- Watercolor with Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight and Gumball Green Stampin' Write Markers.
- Cut next to largest size of Label Framelit from Real Red Polka Dot Parade DSP, score across lengthwise and adhere on each side of Whisper White base card score line. Trim off excess on sides.
- Score 4 1/4 x 5 Whisper White piece at 1, 2-1/2, and 4. Crease into Valley, Mountain, Valley fold and adhere the short tabs to the inside of the base card as shown.
- Tie Gumball Green Satin Stitched Ribbon around front panel and tie a knot.
- Add Calender to 2 1/2 x 3 1/4 Gumball Green mat and adhere to front of easel calendar.
Look for me at Leadership…I'll have a few of these to swap!
Woohoo!!! Did you notice that we have opened the Early Bird registration for Create with Connie and Mary Spring Occasions 2013? You don't want to miss out! Sign up today before the cost savings goes away! With over 30 projects with step-by-step PHOTO instructions at a price of $29.95 US, you can't go wrong…that is less than $1 per tutorial! These are perfect for your classes and stamp camps! But…customers are welcome, too! We will be starting January 20th…hurry and sign up today over at Create with Connie and Mary!
WOW…hasn't the past year just FLOWN by. My husband and I were watching the ball drop in New York and read the 2013…remembering that it just seemed like it turned over to 2000 and people were SO worried about how their technology would react!
I wanted to show off one more project I did for the holidays. I used Patty Bennett's idea of a gift card holder and my favorite holiday set, No Peeking, to make up several of these to "unwrap" at Christmas. I had about 10 of them to make for family, my UPS carrier, mail carrier and my postmistress. All of them see me frequently and are so kind! This also fits the Late Night Stampers "Snowflake" challenge this week!
Also a reminder to get those last minute Holiday Mini orders in by tomorrow, January 2…the last day to order from that catalog! Use my online ordering button in the upper left corner of my blog to place your order!
As you can see…I used this layout "theme" a lot throughout the holidays. My cards, the gift certificate holders and now my gift cards. I also used the Label Framelit with this snowman as tags on a few gifts. For the gift cards for my family, I just tucked these into another wrapped box. For the UPS driver and others, I placed in an envelope and then attached it as a tag to a bag of homemade Christmas Candy (also called white trash in my family)…mixture of Chex cereals, Cheerios, peanuts, pretzels and red/green M&Ms, covered in white chocolate. I didn't get any pictures of those…I was in a hurry to distribute them since I was running SO late! lol!
Well, enjoy the day! I plan on watching some bowl games as I work on swaps for Leadership! lol!
We've started the Early Bird Pricing on our new SPRING OCCASIONS EDITION 2013 over on Create with Connie and Mary! The 5 week session will feature items from the Spring Mini catalog…a little Valentines, Spring AND Sale-A-Bration projects featuring those Spring Mini products! Right now you can sign up for $29.95…that is $5 off the regular subscription price of $34.95…for over 30 step-by-step tutorials at less than $1 each! Don't miss out! Check out the Create with Connie and Mary site for more information!