Archive for the ‘3D items’ Category:
Wow! Can you believe it is already the LAST DAY of Preview Week over on Create with Connie and Mary? Today (Saturday) is the last day of our Early Bird Savings…so don’t forget to sign up and save $5 off the regular $29.95 price!
For my FREE TUTORIAL for Preview Week, I wanted to make a little pocket mini album that could be used for a variety of different things…photos, gift cards, love coupons, inspiration messages…anything, really! This one I did up with the new Garden Party Stamp Set, Flowerpot Designer Paper and the Envelope Punch Tool, plus some of those YUMMY In Color Satin Stitched Ribbons!
I have a full step-by-step photo FREE TUTORIAL on how to make this fun little album over on Create with Connie and Mary today! Stop by and download it!
But first…I have BLOG CANDY! Leave me a comment on my blog today telling me how YOU would use your album and be entered into a drawing for a FREE SUBSCRIPTION to our Summer Collection 2014! We’ll draw the winners tomorrow! But, don’t worry…if you subscribe to get the Early Bird Price and are a winner, we’ll apply your win to a future subscription!
We’re getting ready to start the Summer Collection 2014 over on Create with Connie and Mary! We are featuring products from the NEW CATALOG…lots of great ideas for classes and stamp camps or gifts! Don’t miss it! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary!
OK…I just have to brag on my grandson, Carter! He turned ONE year old yesterday and we attended his first birthday party! He was SUCH a good boy the entire time! It is hard to believe a year has gone by since he was born, do you remember? This is a LONG post…scroll to the bottom to see all the goodies!
THEN (June 14, 2013)
NOW (June 14, 2014)
I love this picture because you can see all 3 of his teeth, and that WILD hair! And he has such a BIG smile! lol!
And here is one of the gifts we got him…he scampered right thru the tunnel the first time!
Birthday theme was “Very Hungry Caterpillar”. We used the Stampin’ Up! Circle Framelits for the caterpillar, Oval Framelits for the eyes, Triangle Punch for the nose, and Modern Label Punch for the antennas. The Serif Essentials Dies (retired) for the letters. He also had a banner that spelled Happy 1st Birthday!
Birthday cupcakes spaced to look like a caterpillar! And a personal birthday cake for Carter with the number 1!
Table centerpiece with birthday crown, book and “I am 1″ banner, plus his newborn photo dressed in a caterpillar suit.
I made this LARGE tag for the bag that held the tunnel and tent…it was too big to wrap! I free-hand cut the leaf, scored and sponged it. The apple is the Heart Framelit with part of the Oval Punch cut at the bottom. The leaves are the retired Blossoms Petals Builder punch. The caterpillar was punched with 1 & 1 1/4″ Circle Punches. The “munches” were made with the 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch.
And here is the matching birthday card I made for him. Greeting is Sassy Salutations.
That icing is SOOOOO yummy! He was SO careful with it!
Crib filled with birthday balloons!
It was such a fun party and special day! And Carter is such a blessing…love him to pieces!
Thanks for letting me brag on my grandson a little bit!
And, of course, all the current supplies are available in my ONLINE STORE!
I was SO excited to attend the Stampin' Up! Catalog Premiere in Columbus, Ohio! Stampin' Up! did a simulcast from over 40 locations around North America! We all were able to see Shelly Gardner, Carrie Cudney, Shannon West, Bonnie Thurber and Donna Griffin (LIVE in Long Beach) demonstrate some of the NEW products coming out! And enjoyed the ever delightful Brian Pillings. I'm SOOOO excited about MANY of them…and they just were the tip of the iceburg! On our way out, they handed us a NEW catalog and stamp set! I'm SO glad that I went!
I wanted to share the little favor that I took with me to give out to friends who attended…I had a couple leftover, so I think I forgot to give one to a couple people! Found them at the bottom of my bag! Sorry! And, I never did run into my friend (BARBARA!!!), they must have run out the back door as soon as it was over! lol! Inside the little pouch were M&Ms!
And here is a closeup:
Want some details?
- The base is 3 1/4 x 8 1/2, scored (long side at top) at 4 and 8. Fold the side flap in and add Sticky Strip to flap and bottom to make pouch.
- Cut a 3/4 x 4 piece of Real Red Designer Paper Stack for the bottom.
- Used the On Film Framelit with Silver Cardstock for the background.
- For the projector: 3/4 Basic Black & 3/8" Silver Circles for the film wheels, box is 1 x 1 3/4 Basic Black, lens is the Basic Black Triangle Punch cut down a little. I cut strips of Basic Black for the tripod legs and strips of Silver to decorate the projector.
- Finally I stamped Admit One from Take a Ticket with Black Stazon on Whisper White and punched it, then placed on the front!
Instead of M&Ms inside, a movie gift card would fit perfect…or add them both!
I have a BIG day of stamping coming up! Need to get some things done for my blog and a few challenges coming up! PLUS swaps for my cruise…I'm using the NEW stamp set! Woohoo!!!!
This month's Tour de Freaks theme is "Non-Gender Specific"…that kind of cracks me up! Anyway…projects that can be used for either male or female is how I interpreted it! The Control Freaks have a short, but sweet, tour for you this month! Come take the tour! You've probably just come from Justin Krieger's blog…weren't his projects fun!
I decided to use my On Film Framelits…I haven't used them much…and matched them with Film Strip and Hip Notes Stamp Sets! I used a Black/White/Silver theme and love how they turned out! There is a card and matching gift card holder. My daughter-in-law always asks for photo processing gift cards (she uses them a LOT with Carter!), so this will be perfect for her!
Here's a closeup of the card. The cameras from the On Film Framelits are embossed on Silver Cardstock…and there is a touch of Silver Glimmer across the bottom. I also used Gorgeous Grunge in the background with Neutrals Designer Paper Pack. The Filmstrip stamp (did you even know Stampin' Up! carried it???) I extended by piecing it together.
And here is the matching gift card holder. I used the same stamp sets and details on it, along with the Pop N Cuts Card Base Die.
Inside is a stand-up piece to hold the gift card. I cut the opening with the Word Window Punch.
Make sure to continue on around the rest of the Blog Tour. Next up is my good friend, Debbie Henderson…I always ADORE her work and am sure you will, too!
Just FYI – Typepad has been having server issues the past few days because of a hacker.
If you get stopped on the tour, here is the lineup to work around it:
Justin Krieger: www.jkcardsonline.com
Connie Babbert: www.inkspiredtreasures.com
Debbie Henderson: www.debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.com
Cindy Elam: www.heartsdelightcards.blogspot.com
LeeAnn Greff: www.flowerbug.typepad.com
Wendy Weixler: www.wickedlywonderfulcreations.blogspot.com
Mary Brown: www.stampercamper.com
Judy DiScipio: www.judystamps.blogspot.com
Barb Mulikin: www.barbstamps.com
This little origami favor has been around the block a few times, but I thought I'd update it for my Create with Connie and Mary Card Create-tions Week 3 favor using Stampin' Up!'s So Very Grateful stamp set! It was my featured set this week and we share the coordinating favor with everyone on Saturdays as a bonus! We've come to the end of this session of Card Create-tions…however, it is still not too late to join! This website will remain available until next March to access all the great card ideas! MANY of the sets we used will be in the upcoming catalog…and the ones that are going away? Well, here is your last chance to use them in your Retirement Workshops over the next month! It's a WIN-WIN!
But, in case you've never made one of these pocket favors, I've included a little mini tutorial for you to download here as a BONUS!
Make sure to check out the rest of the Card Create-tions Design Team favors over on Create with Connie and Mary! And…thanks for joining us!
It's Saturday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary favor! Each week during our Card Create-tions 2014 session, we are showing a coordinating favor that goes along with the stamp set we used that week. My stamp set for Week 2 was Crazy Mixed Up Love. I can't believe that this was the first time that I inked that set up. It really is a cute, unusual set with the whimsical greetings in it! Remember, only our Card Create-tions subscribers can see our card sets, but everyone sees the coordinating favor we did! See…you'll already have a class or stamp camp all figured out! Just follow the step-by-step tutorial that we provide to complete your cards!
Here are the details on how to make this favor:
- The Crushed Curry cardstock insert is 3 3/4 x 7 3/4, scored at 5.
- On top I added a 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 piece of I Am Me Designer Paper in the checked pattern.
- On each of the clothespins, I measured the size and added the I Am Me DSP to cover the front and back of the clothespins. Then I cllipped each of them to the cardstock insert.
- I slipped the insert down into a 4×6 cello bag and folded the top down.
- I cut a Basic Gray Starburst Framelit and scored it in half, then folded it across the top of the cello bag, adhering in on front and back with a couple mini glue dots.
- On top of that, I cut a Circle Framelit from the Designer Paper, scored in half, and layered on the Basic Gray Starburst.
- The lightbulb from Crazy Mixed Up Love I inked up with Crushed Curry, then used a Basic Gray Marker on the bottom of the bulb. It was cut with a Circle Framelit. At the bottom, I added a Rhinestone Jewel.
- I cut a smaller Crushed Curry Starburst Framelit and layered the lightbulb image on top, then added it to the top of the cello bag with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Finally, I stamped the greeting with Black Stazon on a narrow strip of Whisper White, cut a flag end, and tucked it under the circle on front.
I think it is a cute little "just because" favor! I'm always looking for chip clips and this would be perfect! Make sure to check out the rest of the Card Create-tions 2014 Design Team to see what they did for their favor this week! And, it's not too late to join! For only $19.95 US, you get over 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas using 18 different sets! Get more details over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Click on the item photos below to order from my ONLINE STORE!
I included this little favor in Club orders last month! Love using that Scallop Tag Topper Punch! A little Hershey candy bar dressed up for Easter is inside…looked great with the colors of the Kaleidoscope Designer Paper and the Geometrical Stamp Set! As usual…I didn't remember to photograph them all until I had already given out a lot of them! lol!
Here are the details:
- Cut Whisper White 2 x 5 1/2, then punch each end with the Scallop Tag Topper Punch.
- Score at 2 1/2 & 2 3/4
- Stamp Thank You from Lots of Thanks stamp set with Black Stazon above the front score line.
- Cut a 1 x 2 piece of Kaleidoscope Designer Paper for the front and adhere above the Thank You.
- Stamp the triangles from Geometrical with Crushed Curry, Bermuday Bay and Old Olive, punch with the Triangle Punch. Pop up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add an Itty Bitty Flower with Pearl Center to the Bermuda Bay triangle.
- Add a bow tied with the Gold Metallic Bakers Twine at the top to keep both sides closed.
- I did add a Mini Glue Dot to the Hershey Candy to hold it in place.
Aren't these fun? Quick and easy to do a bunch of them, too!
It's not too late to join Card "Create"tions 2014! We are in the middle of Week 2. BUT, our website stays up for almost a year so you can refer back to the EXCLUSIVE card ideas! Each card set could be a FULL class…and the weekly favor as a bonus! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary! For $19.95 US, you are getting 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas from 18 different stap!
Click on the item photos below to order from my ONLINE STORE!
Each week during Card "Create"tions 2014 over on Create with Connie and Mary, we'll be showing little favors that match the card set we did for the week! I used Stampin' Up!'s Hello Sailor this week and came up with this for my favor! I was kind of going for a "sailboat" look…without the sails! lol! But I think it turned out pretty cute!
Here's what I did:
- The base is the Petite Purse cut out of Pacific Point cardstock, and turned upside down. (I added a score line 1" from the existing one on the lid and adhered the lid inside, then turned upside down and cut the bottom in half, those make the flaps on the side.)
- I added 1/2" strips of High Tide Designer Paper in the blue stripe pattern on the flaps and adhered them to the sides.
- I stamped Hello Sailor with Smoky Slate on Summer Starfruit, then cut a flag end.
- I stamped the Anchor with Smoky Slate on Whisper White and punched with the 3/4" Circle and layered on a 1" Circle of Smoky Slate cardstock. That is popped up on the front with a Stampin' Dimensional. I also added a Candy Dot to it.
- I stamped Best Mate with Pacific Point ink on the Chalk Talk Framelit tag of Whisper White.
- Inside the bag are lifesavors and I tied the bag closed with the 1 1/4 Striped Grosgrain Ribbon.
Super cute little favor, don't you think? Make sure to check out what the rest of the Card "Create"tions 2014 Design Team did for their favor this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
It's not too late to join Card "Create"tions 2014! You can see what we did this week, plus be one of the first to see what we are doing the next two weeks! AND, our website stays up for almost a year so you can refer back to the ideas! Each card set could be a FULL class…and the favor as a bonus! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary! For $19.95 US, you are getting 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas!
Woohoo! I had fun with this week's Stampin' Up! Only Challenge...all about boxes and bags and baskets! Those that know me, know that I love 3D items! I've been wanting to use the Muslin Bags that I have…I combined it with a cute Fringe Scissor flower…super easy to make! And, I used some pieces in the Heartfelt Banner Kit…get it with your Sale-a-Bration selection before it is gone!
Most of the pieces for the decoration were in the Heartfelt Banners Kit…the doily, the chevron banner, the Linen Thread and the pom-pom. I did cut the pom-pom in half so it lays flat in the center of the flower! Here are the details:
- I used a Vintage Safety Pin to pin the Chevron banner and doily to the front of the muslin bag, right under the drawstring. I tied a bow with the Linen Thread around the safety pin, too.
- I cut the flower from Kaleidoscope Designer Paper with the Flower Frame Framelits, then used the Fringe Scissors to cut the petals. I adhered together with Stampin' Dimensionals and placed on the front of the banner.
- I added the pom-pom to the center of the flower with Multipurpose Tombow Glue.
- I stamped For You from Bitty Banners with Black Stazon on Whisper White and cut out, then added it to the flower with a Stampin' Dimensional.
OK…this was SO easy, but it looks SOOOO great in person! Check out my second post for today to see the matching card!
Go see what the rest of the Design Team did over on SUO Challenges with the Boxes, Bags and Baskets theme this week! Grab your Stampin' Up! supplies and play along!
How do you like my new look? I've been wanting to do a complete overhaul on my blog and recently had Victoria from VK Designs do my design! I love how it ties in with my blog and Stampin' Up! group name!
I don't do a lot for St. Patrick's day…but I worked on this little Leprechaun Favor while I was at my stamping retreat last weekend! I think he turned out pretty cute! I still need to get some gold coins to fill in the center. The base I adapted from the snowman favors that were shown around at Christmas time using the Envelope Punch Board.
A few quick details:
- The base is 2 1/8 x 11 Garden Green, scored at 5 1/4 and 5 3/4 off the long side at top.
- With the Envelope Punch Board, punch at 2 1/8, flip to other side and repeat, then do the same from the other end.
- I used a variety of punches with Blushing Bride, Garden Green, Basic Black and Champagne Glimmer Paper.
- The pot is the Deco Label Framelit with one of the ends cut off.
- The Certainly Celery Taffeta Ribbon ties the favor closed.
STOCK UP ADHESIVE SALE!!!