Archive for the ‘3D items’ Category:
How do you like my new look? I've been wanting to do a complete overhaul on my blog and recently had Victoria from VK Designs do my design! I love how it ties in with my blog and Stampin' Up! group name!
I don't do a lot for St. Patrick's day…but I worked on this little Leprechaun Favor while I was at my stamping retreat last weekend! I think he turned out pretty cute! I still need to get some gold coins to fill in the center. The base I adapted from the snowman favors that were shown around at Christmas time using the Envelope Punch Board.
A few quick details:
- The base is 2 1/8 x 11 Garden Green, scored at 5 1/4 and 5 3/4 off the long side at top.
- With the Envelope Punch Board, punch at 2 1/8, flip to other side and repeat, then do the same from the other end.
- I used a variety of punches with Blushing Bride, Garden Green, Basic Black and Champagne Glimmer Paper.
- The pot is the Deco Label Framelit with one of the ends cut off.
- The Certainly Celery Taffeta Ribbon ties the favor closed.
STOCK UP ADHESIVE SALE!!!
It's time for the Tour de Freaks! Brought to you by the Control Freak Swappers! This month's theme is Valentine or Sale-a-Bration products! I choose to do Valentines this month since that holiday is right around the corner! You probably have just arrived here from my friend Debbie Henderson's blog! I always LOVE her projects! You can continue around to all 12 stops until you arrive back here.
I used the Language of Love stamp set that I received at Leadership! It is in the Occasions Celebrate catalog. I think it is perfect for more than Valentines, so you'll be seeing more of it, I'm sure! My first is a card. I used the Fresh Prints Designer Paper for my color inspiration. I also used the new Scalloped Texture folder for the first time! Hard to see, but I also pierced two rows around the edge of the circle. Of course, the Full Heart and Small Hearts work perfectly with this set.
My next project was really fun. I found these little clear plastic "houses" at the M**** store in town. They hold candy and even came with a little scoop!!! It was just TOO fun to pick up a few to play with! The first shows the flap on the front closed. I used Language of Love stamp set again and the same Fresh Prints Designer Paper. This one I added the White Bakers Twine around the container, then "hung" my pennants along the twine. Candy Dots add a little touch of bling to each side.
The second photo shows where the holder is for the scoop is on the side.
On this one you can see the flap open and the scoop ready to serve some candy!
Isn't it just precious!!!! I absolutely love how this little favor turned out!
It's finally time for my FREE PREVIEW PROJECT TUTORIAL and BLOG CANDY! We are celebrating the start of the Create with Connie and Mary Spring Collection by showing you a taste of what you can expect when purchasing our tutorials! And…leave a comment here TODAY and get a chance to win BLOG CANDY…a FREE subscription to our Spring Collection. Don't worry, if you have already signed up, we'll apply it towards our next session!
I'm THRILLED with how this Cool Kid Tic Tac Toe Magnetic Board turned out and it wasn't hard at all! My kids used to want to play this game for hours in the car. It would have been nice to have this version where we didn't lose some of the game pieces or need a pen and paper to play! The base on this is a simple 9-1/2 x 9-1/2 metal sign…found easily at your local craft stores.
Since my metal sign board had hangers on the back, I went ahead and added a ribbon hanger so it stores easily! Since the banner look is SO hot right now, I added one across the top with the Tic Tac Toe game name! The game pieces have magnets on the back so they store on the sign while you are playing or not.
I have the FREE TUTORIAL for you over on Create with Connie and Mary today, our LAST DAY of our Early Bird Special!
So you need to do a couple things…
- Leave me a comment here today (Saturday, 1/18/14) and you are entered into MY BLOG CANDY!!!
- Head over to Create with Connie and Mary to download my FREE TUTORIAL for this project
- Sign up for Create with Connie and Mary Spring Collection 2014 for only $24.95…and save $5 off the regular price of $29.95! Early Bird pricing ends TODAY, Saturday, January 18th!
Looking for EXCLUSIVE ideas for products from the Occasions and Sale-a-bration brochures? Well…Create with Connie and Mary Spring Collection 2014 is for you! Preview Week is where you can get a taste of what Create with Connie and Mary Collections are all about!
Join now before the Early Bird Special ends for only $24.95! That’s $5 off the regular subscription price of $29.95. You get 4 weeks of exclusive projects (not shown anywhere else on the Internet!). One week is our Card “Create”tions week (6 days of cards…each designer sharing 4 cards from their chosen set), one week is all about Sale-a-bration and the other two are with the products from the Occasions Mini.
Check out Create with Connie and Mary to learn more.
TODAY over on Create with Connie and Mary, we are introducing TWO more Design Team Members for our Spring Collection 2014! Each of them has BLOG CANDY on their blog…a free subscription to our Spring Collection 2014…so make sure to go check out who they are! And, while you are there…sign up for our Early Bird Savings…Saturday is the LAST DAY to get that special price!
Before Leadership, several of us were supposed to meet up with our stamping girlfriend who lives in Houston for a slumber party at her house! Unfortunately, the cold and bad weather prevented us from flying out until the next day so we didn't get to do it, but went directly to our hotel. However, I made some special favors for those who were going!
After looking ALL over town, I found these CUTE fuzzy slippers in a perfect shade of Strawberry Slush! I couldn't believe they matched so well! I rolled them up, then wrapped a belly band of Kaleidoscope Designer Paper around them. I also wrapped 1/8 Bermuda Bay Ribbon around the other way and personlized each set with a monogrammed bag tag using the new Starburst Framelits and Circle Framelits and Typeset Alphabet Dies.
To add to the tags, I stamped a couple of the Petite Petals images in Strawberry Slush and punched them out, then added the gold sequins to the centers.
Didn't they turn out super cute??? And what a practical gift! They can use the tag for their bag and the slippers around the house! I bought them all or I would go back and get more!
Remember, don't forget to check out Create with Connie and Mary today to see our next members of the Design Team. And, make sure you stop by here tomorrow for MY Preview Project! I think you are going to LOVE it…
WOOHOO! ANOTHER great FREE PREVIEW PROJECT today by our Design Team Member, Deb Currier! You'll love her Card Set for the Spring Collection! AND…make sure you check out the BLOG CANDY while over on Create with Connie and Mary! The Early bird special – $24.95 for 4 weeks of EXCLUSIVE projects ($5 savings) goes through Saturday! Make sure to sign up today! We are featuring products from the Occasions Catalog in our projects and cards this time!
OOPS! My title is wrong…this is the Simple Stems stamp set! Yikes!
I thought I'd show you the project that I made for my Roommate at Leadership this year! I used a couple of the new sets in the Occasions Catalog…Simple Stems and Just Sayin'!
I found these key/mail caddy's that were black with a zebra print on the front. I removed the zebra paper and used it as a template for the Kaleidoscope Designer Paper I glued on the front. The caddy was a perfect size to hold a notebook and pen and a little package of Hershey nuggets wrapped in a cello bag! I'm wanting to make one up for myself to hang my Stampin' Up! lanyards. You could also put in a package of decorated note cards! I grabbed up a bunch of them to do "something" with someday, and think this turned out really cute!
I'm mad that I didn't keep the measurements of the notepad folder I made…I'll have to recreate it at one point. I like that the pen is held in a pocket so you don't lose it, too! Everything fit in the caddy and then I wrapped it up and placed in a large cello bag tied with ribbon.
Isn't it CUTE???? I really hoped she liked it!
Don't forget to go check out who has BLOG CANDY today, a free subscription to the SPRING COLLECTION of Create with Connie and Mary! And see the cute PREVIEW PROJECT card set she did!
I had a few people want gift cards for the holidays, so here is this year's version! I went with my traditional folded holder…amazing how different it can look with different papers and stamping elements! I created it to fit around the pre-printed gift certificates from Stampin' Up!
Here are the details:
- I cut Winter Frost Designer Paper to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, then scored at 1 1/4 and 4 1/4. (The gift certificate was trimmed down slightly to fit inside.)
- I folded the top flap down, then added a 1/4 x 5 1/2 strip of Silver Glimmer to the bottom of the flap.
- I rounded all the corners with the Corner Rounder Punch.
- I created the pocket by adding Sticky Strip to the sides.
- I stamped the small snowflake in Festive Flurry with Coastal Cabana ink on Whisper White, then cut it out with the Festive Framelit, along with one in Silver Glimmer Paper.
- I cut two more larger sized snowflakes with the Framelits and Coastal Cabana and Island Indigo cardstock. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to attach to the front of the pocket.
- Finally, I stamped Christmas Greetings from Warmth & Wonder Hostess set with Island Indigo Ink on a strip of Whisper White and cut a flag end, then tucked it under the snowflake.
The Silver Glimmer Paper just really makes it SPARKLE! Love it and hope all the recipients enjoy it, too!
Hope this finds you almost ready for Christmas! I hope to make a couple batches of cookies today AND finish up wrapping the last of my gift cards. Waiting on ONE more gift to arrive via UPS…cutting it close with that one! Oh, still need to get stocking candy and items today, too!
Create with Connie and Mary is getting ready to launch our Valentine Special MINI Collection immediately after Christmas on December 26th! That is so we give our demo subscribers plenty of time to set up their classes! Sign up TODAY at Create with Connie and Mary so you don't miss out!
This MINI collection will be slightly different…only FOUR projects…and only $5.95 US!!!
- A mini session featuring the Whole Lot of Love Valentine suite of stamps and accessories!
- FOUR step-by-step pictorial project tutorials…two card set tutorials and two 3D projects!
- NEW! Kits of supplies for each project will be available to purchase!
- Featuring the Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper Stack on all our projects!
- ONE tutorial revealed EACH day on Dec 26, 27, 28 and 29.
- Exclusive to subscribers, these projects will not be shown ANYWHERE else!
- Demos & Customers welcome!
Join today over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Wow…it's time for the December Tour de Freaks! This month's theme is using products from the Occasions Mini Catalog! I know we are all anxious to move on from making holiday cards! You've probably just come from Wendy Weixler's blog...weren't her projects fabulous? Make sure you continue on around the entire tour…we're SMALL but MIGHTY this month!
I'm showing off Stampin' Up!'s stamp set, Peaceful Petals, from the new Occasions Mini. It will be available beginning January 3, 2014! I made a card and matching calendar…mainly because I need a new calendar for my Studio! lol!
Here's a closeup of the calendar. The base is a 4 1/4 x 11 sized card, folded in half. Then I added a scored piece in the center to help it stand up. That is 4 1/4 x 5, scored with the 5" along the top at 1, 2 1/2, and 4 and adhered the flaps inside.
Here is the back side that I decorated, too. I used the new Watercolor Wonder Designer Paper.
And, of course, the matching card. The flowers and leaves are watercolored with Stampin' Write Markers and an AquaPainter. I added a pearl to the center of the flowers.
Doesn't it just say SPRING to you?
OK, next up on the Tour de Freaks blog hop is Patty Bennett! Her items are wonderful as usual! Enjoy the tour and see some FABULOUS Occasions Mini projects!
Our SUO Challenge (SUO86 not 78 as I have listed above!) this time is Last Minute Gift or Card Ideas…a very timely topic as many of "us" are trying to work on finishing up our Christmas lists! I know it will all get done, but at this point I'm really wondering! lol!
I had lunch with some "old" neighbors a week ago. Three of our families get together often during the year, our kids having grown up together. The other one, we hadn't seen in 5-6 years! It was fun catching up! I wanted to take a little gift for each of them, but waited to the last minute to get anything done. These were really quick to pull together and I completed them in about an hour!
I used some of the pennants left over from the banners class I held. (And the Refill Banner Kit and Accessory Kits are on the WEEKLY SPECIAL this week…don't miss out! Here are the details:
- I used the Chevron stencil and Crumb Cake ink to make the pattern in the background of the banner
- I added a 2" strip of Old Olive with a 1" strip of Season of Style DSP over top and used my Hot Glue Gun to secure to the canvas.
- I embossed the Joyful Christmas poinsettias with Gold Embossing Powder on Cherry Cobbler, along with the leaves on Old Olive cardstock, cut then out and placed on the front with Hot Glue.
- I added Pearls to the centers of each Poinsettia.
- I cut the Merry from Red Glimmer Paper and Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet on the back…it stuck GREAT to the canvas!
- Finally, I added some retired Twill Striped Ribbon that I had left over. It worked and matched perfectly and I'm happy to use some of it up!
I suggested they hang these on a door handle to help decorate for the season. It worked perfectly as one was in an apartment getting ready to move into their newly built home so she hadn't done any decorating for Christmas, the other lives in a Condo and doesn't put out many decorations. These are small enough and sturdy enough that they can use year after year!
Make sure to check out the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team to see what ideas they came up with for Last Minute Gift or Card Ideas over on SUO Challenges!
I recently held a Christmas Tag Class. I had started to go in this direction using Color Me Christmas…but then completely changed my mind. However, I had already made up these quick little tags so I thought I'd show you.
These were REALLY fast and easy to make. In fact, I need some Santa tags this year, so think I'll make up more of those!
- I used the Chalk Talk Framelits and cut the large sized bases in Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake.
- I cut a 1" strip of Season of Style to fit the larger background in various patterns and adhered towards the bottom of the tag.
- Next I cut the smaller Framelit shape for each one from Whisper White and stamped the images on them with Black Stazon.
- I used the Stampin' Write Markers and AquaPainter to watercolor the images, then punched a 1/8" hole in the top of the Whisper White.
- I adhered to the front of the base with Stampin' Dimensionals and added White Bakers Twine for a hanger!
We actually did use this darling Santa case in class to hold the tags the attendees made! The idea from a larger case I saw online. I used the half sized Wood Mount Cases for mine and scaled down the size! I just measured the outside of the case and cut the Real Red cardstock to fit.
- The 1 1/4 x 5" Whisper White strip was embossed with the Beautiful Baroque folder.
- I added a 1 1/4 strip of Basic Black across the front.
- I cut a 1 1/2 x 1 1/2" piece of Silver Glimmer Paper, then a 1 x 1" square of Basic Black was adhered over the Silver Glimmer Paper.
- Finally, I added Rhinestones for the buckle holes!
Super cute and my class LOVED them!
While I was making Nugget tins, I did one up using Festive Flurry stamp set and framelits. Love all the sparkle on this from the metallic stripe in the Winter Frost DSP to the Silver Glimmer Paper to the metal tin!
And, of course, the lovely blues in Coastal Cabana and Island Indigo are striking for the snowflakes! Here are the details!
- I cut a 2" strip of Island Indigo cardstock and layered on a 1" strip of the stripe in Winter Frost across the top for the belly band.
- I stamped the largest snowflake in Coastal Cabana and cut it with the framelit.
- I cut a smaller snowflake from Silver Glimmer Paper.
- I stamped the smallest snowflake in Island Indigo and cut.
- I layered them together with Stampin' Dimensionals (SEE MY ADHESIVE SALE GOING ON NOW!) I go thru SO many of those little things!
- Finally I added a large Rhinestone Jewel.
- Inside the Hershey Nuggets were wrapped with the stripe pattern in Winter Frost.
- I also made a divided from Island Indigo cardstock for the inside to hold the nuggets in place.
Since these were for a craft sale, I wanted to keep the cost down. You could easily use a Frosted Finishes Embellishment in the center, too! These sold quite well considering it was early in the season for thinking about Christmas!
STOCK UP ADHESIVE SALE!!!