Archive for the ‘3D items’ Category:
My grandson, Carter, turned 3 a couple weeks ago and his mom came up with a “fishing” theme for his party since he likes fishing in his papa’s pond! I spent some time at my Spring Stamping Retreat cutting all the pieces for the banners, invitations and cake decorations! Thankfully his mom put them all together! It was lots of Big Shot work! But since he had THREE birthday parties, the decorations really got used and I’m sure they will be borrowed by other friends. We were inspired by some photos on Pinterest.
Here’s the birthday boy with his cake…isn’t that cute? The sign says “Carter is three”.
It was a beautiful day so the party was outside…this is one of the banners with bobbers and fish and balloons!
A closeup of the bobber and fish hanging from a pendant light.
Bobber “lanterns” hanging from the dinette light…she painted white lanters along the bottom to look like bobbers.
Banner in the dinette that says Carter is 3.
Birthday cake table with gummy worms and the cake!
He really felt like a special little boy and enjoyed being the center of attention at each of the parties! What fun!
A few details:
Bobbers were made with the Round Framelits and the retired angled square punch. Fishes were made from Oval Framelits with the Gift Bow Die for the tail and fin and the largest Scallop Oval Framelit for the scales on the back. Eyes with Circle Punches.
Don’t forget…my adhesive sale is GOING ON NOW!!!
40% off Stampin’ Up! Adhesive Sale
This is a HUGE savings on adhesive!
It doesn’t go bad…and you always need it!
available only thru Connie Babbert
Friday, June 17
Tuesday, June 28
Hostess Benefits Apply!
Yes, items other than adhesive can be added to your order.
Minimum purchase of 12 adhesive can be ANY combination.
EMAIL ME at firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m BACK! After a terrific 16 days in the Mediterranean, I’m finally home! My husband and I added a few days in Barcelona before the Stampin’ Up! Incentive Mediteranean Cruise Trip, then another week after with friends Ann and Rick Lohmeyer touring the Spain and France countryside! Such an awesome experience! It was our first time to Europe andwow…my eyes were wide open taking everything in!
This photo a distant shot of La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona. I have hundreds of pictures…can’t wait to start working on my Project Life album! However, I’m not going to lie…it felt GOOD to sleep in my own KING sized bed! lol!
I made a special project for some ladies I know who were also on this trip! Lots of room for photos for their memories, too! (One thing I wished I would have had to use is the new Labeler Alphabet to stamp the ports of call on the cruise on each page!)
Here’s the front, closed. I used the Envelope Punch Board to make the camera shape base. “You Brighten my Day” is from the Sunburst Sayings Stamp Set. Pop of Color Designer Paper was used on the outside and on the flaps inside. Melon Mambo Thick Twine holds it closed.
Here’s the back, the new Square Scalloped Framelit came in handy to cut out the Mediterranean Cruise logo I printed off the computer.
Inside the Swirly Scribbles Thinlets were perfect to hold down the flaps of the album pages.
And here is one of the pages open. The other side looked the same.
Like I said, lots of room for photos and journaling and I thought it made a pretty special little hand-made gift!
Coming Soon! The Create with Connie and Mary June 2016 MINI SESSION is only $8.95 US and we’re using products and stamp sets from the NEW 2016-17 Catalog! Opens on June 11th!
* Each month’s $8.95 US session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp meetings!
Head over to Create with Connie and Mary to sign up now!
I wrapped some little gifts for a few friends that I knew I’d be hanging with at On Stage Convention. Inside the envelopes are little sewing kits (I can’t believe I didn’t take a photo!), decorated with the same flower in reverse colors since the case of the sewing kits were Tangelo Twist!
- To start, I measured the little case of the sewing kit, then found the size on the Envelope Punch Board that would hold them. I cut the Botanical Gardens Designer Paper according to that size.
- The Botanical Builder flowers were cut from Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey and the centers with Basic Black. The leaves were stamped with Mossy Meadow on Pear Pizzazz and cut with the Framelits also.
- They were adhered together then placed on the 2″ Circle of coordinating Designer Paper.
- A Rhinestone Jewel was added to the center.
- A 1-1/4 x 8-1/2 strip of Whisper White belly band wraps around the Envelope to hold it closed and the circle with flower added to hide the seam on top.
On the back, I stamped For You from Birthday Blooms stamp set with Tuxedo Black Ink.
I think it made a simple and sweet little gift for my friends…and something they could use in their purse for emergencies! I wish I would have kept one for myself!
Stamps: Botanical Blooms, Birthday Blooms
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Mossy Meadow
Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Hello Honey, Tangelo Twist, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: Botanical Gardens DSP, Rhinestones, Envelope Punch Board, 2″ Circle Punch
EDIT: Because I’m getting questions, here is what the sewing kits look like…except mine were orange. I found them at Michael’s a while ago.
Oh…had a wonderful time at On Stage Live in Salt Lake City…loved catching up with friends and meeting new ones. AND…being one of the first to see the NEW CATALOG! Can you say WOW! Yes, my pocketbook is screaming already in anticipation! All is well, except that my flight coming home was delayed almost 3 hours in Phoenix and I didn’t get home until 2:00 AM Monday morning! lol!
I wanted to show the On Stage Roommate Gift I made using the Sunburst Flower again, this time with Night of Navy Polka Dot pattern DSP. It is adhered to a thick notepad of paper, so I went with the red/white/navy color scheme.
- The notepad was already covered with the navy/red print.
- I cut four Sunbursts from the navy Regals Patterned DSP Stack, then cut with varying sizes of Circle Framelits.
- Just a Note from Watercolor Wishes is stamped with Real Red on Whisper White, then punched with the 1-3/8 Circle Punch and layered on a 1-3/4 circle of Red Glimmer Paper, then added to the center of the flower.
- A Real Red button is tied with White Baker’s Twine and tied in a bow, then adhered to the center with Mini Glue Dots.
- A Sunburst was cut from Mossy Meadow cardstock and cut for the flower leaves.
- Finally, the letter A was cut with the Serif Essentials Dies (retired) from Whisper White cardstock, adhered to the front and blinged up with Rhinestones.
- There was also a matching pen for the notepad.
I love making these type of gifts for friends and roommates! But I especially LOVE this flower!
Hello! Welcome to the March Tour de Freaks! We are celebrating Spring and Easter this month! Perfect timing! You’ve probably just come from Dawn Olchefske’s blog…aren’t her projects fun? Continue on around to all 10 stops for some great inspiration!
I decided to use the darling Easter Lamb in the Occasions Catalog and dress her up in Jelly Bean colors! I had lots of fun coloring! Here’s the card:
For the card, my jelly bean lamb is standing on a STACK of jelly beans, made from the Balloon Builders stamp set. Like a lot of people, I bought the stamp set JUST for that jelly bean image! lol! Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Melon Mambo cardstock, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- I stamped the jelly beans in Real Red, Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie…all the Brights color family, on Whisper White cardstock, then cut them out individually so I could place them as I wanted and pop up a few of them with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Easter Lamb was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Whisper White, then colored with the same Stampin’ Write colors. The cheeks were colored with Pink Pirouette Marker. I cut her out and added her to the top of the jelly bean pile with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Happy Easter was cut and added to the front with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Melon Mambo and Black Baker’s Twine was tied in a bow and added to the greeting with Mini Glue Dots.
Next up is a cute little favor…filled with jelly beans!
- I made a Pyramid Pals Thinlet Box from clear Window Sheet and left one side open to fill with Jolly Rogers Jelly Beans (I like how they match our colors!) I also snipped the top so that I could add the bamboo skewer for the greeting.
- Around the bottom of the Pyramid Box, I added a 3/4″ strip of Old Olive cardstock, cut with the Fringe Scissors, then curled the grass slightly.
- The greeting was cut and added to a bamboo skewer with Mini Glue Dots, then added thru the snipped top of the Pyramid Box. Melon Mambo and Basic Black Bakers Twine was tied around in a bow.
- Another Easter Lamb was stamped and colored the same as the card, then cut out and added on the front of the box with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
Isn’t that FUN and so sweet! My grand-daughter will get this card for Easter! I love the jelly beans and the bright colors! OK…continue on to the next stop on the Tour de Freaks and see what fabulous Wendy Weixler has in store for you!
Happy February! One month down…only two more to go until Spring is here! Actually our winter hasn’t been too bad (knock on wood). We’ve had warmer than normal temperatures here in Ohio for the most part! I’ve probably just jinxed us now! lol!
I was happy to get the new January My Paper Pumpkin Kit in the mail this month! Although, the suggested banner and treat packages are darling ideas, I knew I’d be using mine for a different purpose. I ordered some It’s My Party Enamel Dots for my Stamp Club customers for a little Christmas gift, but they didn’t come in time to go in their order bags. I elected to keep them for a little Valentine gift instead! I filled the Sketched Dots Gift Bags with the Enamel Dots, folded down the top, then added the individual hearts with the clothespin, red sequins and colored banner, tied with Bakers’s Twine! The only thing I added that was not IN the kit was the small Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper punched heart, and the bag/gift, of course. Yes…everything else was included! The hearts were stamped with the included Cute Conversations stamp set and Watermelon Wonder Ink. Made it SO quick to make up 16 of them!
Don’t they look sweet all lined up? I still have PLENTY of paper scraps to punch more hearts, and even leftover clothespins, sequins, baker’s twine and banners! I’ll be making up a batch of cards to send out for Valentine’s Day, too!
Now is a GREAT time to order the My Paper Pumpkin subscription for yourself! You’ll save $5 off the 3-month pre-paid subscription price…and get a FREE Sale-A-Bration product, too! You can try it and see for yourself…after the 3 months, you can elect to continue or stop…totally up to you! Order your fun box of crafty goodness today…please use my February HOST CODE 4WWSBXYM when you place your order!
Every year I re-cover a calendar to have on my desk to keep track of my classes and activities. I remove the ugly vinyl cover and add cardstock and designer paper. This year I couldn’t resist using the Botanical Blooms stamp set, framelits and Botanical Garden Designer paper. Did you know that ALL of that comes with the Bundle for only $51.75???!!! Stampin’ Up! added the DSP to the bundle for this one! Makes sense because it is a perfect match!
Of course, I took all my colors from the Designer Paper. Here are the details:
- I measured the front and back of the calendar then covered the front and back with Hello Honey cardstock, leaving about 1″ uncovered along the folded edge.
- I cut the bottom piece of Botanical Gardens Designer Paper and adhered over the cardstock. Then used a 1/2″ strip of coordinating designer paper to cover the seam.
- The Cajun Craze band was cut 3″ wide and scored down the center at 1-1/2 so that it would fold along the edge easily and hide the uncovered part. I used Tear & Tape on this piece because of all the movement it will get.
- The 2016 numbers from Large Numbers Framelits were cut from Gold Glimmer Paper and adhered above the DSP.
- The veins in the leaves were stamped with Mossy Meadow Ink on Mossy Meadow Cardstock, then cut with the Botanical Builder Framelits.
- Flowers were cut from Whisper White, Pool Party and Cajun Craze cardstock, then assembled around the numbers. I LOVE that several of the flowers are “cut” so they have more dimension and pop out!
- I used the Perfect White Accents for the centers. In the large flower I colored it with a Black Sharpie Marker.
It will be so much fun to look at my calendar all year around and enjoy this design! SO much better than that vinyl black cover!
Do you want even MORE details on using Occasions and Sale-A-Bration stamps and supplies?
We are getting ready for our JANUARY 2016 MINI SESSION with projects using stamp sets from the new Occasions Catalog and Sale-A-Bration brochures! Get some great ideas for your January, February and Spring classes! You are going to LOVE these! PLUS check out the VALENTINE SPECIAL BONUS below!
Sets we are using for the January session, opening January 11th:
- Flowering Fields
- Botanical Blooms
- Apple of My Eye
- First Sight
- Beautiful Ride
- What I Love
- Easter Lamb
- Balloon Celebration
- Party Wishes
- Pyramid Pals
plus BONUS VALENTINE project
Merry Christmas Eve! I didn’t think that I’d be posting again before Christmas, but remembered I didn’t show this photo of the Snow Place favors I made. I’m sure you’ve seen them around…they were popular for craft fairs this year. I’m not sure who had the original idea, my stamp club members LOVED making them last month, too! After seeing one, my husband commissioned me to make a bunch for his friends at the office. I’ve also made some for friends and to have on the plates for Christmas dinner! Here’s the first batch!
Don’t they look cute all lined up? Here’s a closeup. I used the Snow Place stamp set for the scarf and hat. The “tray” is 3 x 4, scored at 1/2, 1, 2 and 2-1/2 lengthwise. I used mini glue dots to hold the wrapped Hershey nuggets in place (1 x 3 strip of cardstock wraps them). The bags are pretzel bags found in the cake making supply area. The buttons are 1/4″ circles punched from Black Glimmer Paper.
Again, have a very Merry Christmas!
I’ll probably be off-line the next few days to enjoy our families at Christmas. I wish you all a VERY Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
A few weeks ago, I was commissioned by my son to make a Gift Card “basket” for his work holiday party! I decided to do a Gift Card Tree with some of my favorite Punch Art characters! I can’t believe it, but I did forget to take closeups of each of them individually…so this full shot is all I have! Hope you can see it ok. There is a Snowman, an Elf suit, a Penguin, Rudolph and Santa suit. I used the Gift Card Framelit for the base. Inside the holders are gift cards to various restaurants around town.
Sorry, I’m not going into details on each one, but the base is the bottom of a decorated gift box and I wrapped around some retired Real Red Striped Ribbon. Inside the box is some floral foam to hold the skewers in place and shredded tissue on top to hide the foam. On the back of the gift card holder, I added a little rectangle of cardstock with Sticky Strip around it to form a pocket for the end of the stick to slide into and hold secure.
You like? It was a hit at the party!
Don’t forget about my Accessory Product Share going on now. See more details HERE!
Gosh…it has been a few months since I’ve been able to participate in the monthly Control Freaks Blog Hop! Just been really busy at that scheduled time of the month so couldn’t swing getting any extra projects done! But, I’m excited to be back and able to participate! The theme this month is the new goodies from the Occasions or Sale-a-Bration catalogs! I decided to use a set that has been sitting on my desk the past few days, Bloomin’ Love! You’ve probably just come from Debbie Henderson’s blog...always love her projects, don’t you?
I must admit…I’m ready to move on from making Christmas cards! Who doesn’t love some sweet Valentines? I love the flowery set, Bloomin’ Love in the Occasions Catalog…and the yummy Love Blossoms Designer Paper and coordinating Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit! So much FUN stuff!
First up is this heart apothecary jar that I picked up at the M*** store AGES ago…in fact, I was with Mary Brown when I bought it and shipped it back with me from Palm Springs, California after Leadership that year. I have used the clear ones that I bought…but this red one has been sitting on my shelf so I pulled it out to use!
- The flowery heart from Bloomin’ Love is stamped with Blushing Bride on Whisper White and hand cut, then adhered to the gold heart doily in the Love Blossoms Kit with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Some gold sequins in the kit were added to the flowers.
- The banner was stamped with Real Red and the words with Tuxedo Black ink, and hand cut, then added across the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The entire heart was added to the front of the glass apothecary jar with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Blushing Bride Satin Ribbon from the Kit was tied around the neck and some of the string pearls and Blushing Bride Sequin Trim was tied in the knot of the ribbon.
- The floral image from Bloomin’ Love was stamped with Garden Green, then punched with a 1-1/4″ Circle and adhered to the cork. The outline flower was stamped with Tuxedo Black on Blushing Bride and adhered over the floral image with a Stampin’ Dimensional. A white sequin from the Kit was added to the center.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White.
- Along the bottom of the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Blushing Bride, a 1-3/4 x 4 strip of Love Blossoms DSP was added to the bottom. Then placed on the front of the base.
- A 1/4″ x 4 strip of Gold Glimmer Paper hides the seam.
- The Bloomin’ Heart Thinlet Die was cut from Rose Red cardstock and added to the top of the card.
- White sequins from the Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit were added to the Heart diecut.
- The banner was stamped with Tuxedo Black and greeting with Rose Red, handcut and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Blushing Bride Satin Ribbon in the kit was tied in a knot with the string pearls and Blushing Bride Sequin Trim tied in it. It is added to the banner with Mini Glue Dots.
Here’s the duo together! Love how this little gift ensemble came out! Fill the apothecary jar with candies or bath salts for a nice little gift!
Next up is Wendy Weixler to continue on the blog tour! Keep going around until you get back here and you’ll have completed the blog tour! Enjoy!