Archive for the ‘3D items’ Category:
Thanks for all the nice comments on my Indian Corn Favor and centerpiece! It was so fun to create! As promised, I put together a short and simple tutorial on how to make the favors!
Are you looking for some GREAT ideas using items in the Holiday Mini? Look no further than the Create with Connie and Mary September Mini Session!
In September, two of the card sets are Halloween as is one of the 3D projects. However, we know that not everyone is into Halloween, so Mary and I decided to remake two of the Halloween projects using Christmas stamp sets…JUST FOR OUR SUBSCRIBERS! I knew I was going to remake Debbie’s Tabletop Decor item anyway using Snow Place for a future class. So if you weren’t sure you want to subscribe this month (September) because of all the Halloween…you are getting two BONUS projects as Mary also remade two of Deb’s Haunt Ya Later cards using Jolly Christmas. AND…we did add-ons to the tutorials so you’d know how to do them, too!
So normally you get 6 GREAT ideas for ONLY $8.95…this month it is 8 ideas! You really can’t beat that!
With our September mini session we are featuring sets from the Holiday mini…
- Sweet Hauntings
- Cheer All Year
- Howl-o-ween Treats
- Haunt Ya Later
- Lighthearted Leaves
- BONUS: Acorny Thank You
- AND a bonus project from Connie remaking Debbie Henderson’s ADORABLE Halloween Tabletop Decor into an ADORABLE Snow Place Tabletop Decor
- AND two Jolly Christmas Cards using the layouts from Deb’s Haunt Ya Later card set!
The session is NOW OPEN! Sign up today over on Create with Connie and Mary!
I’m always excited to decorate for fall. And, even though it is early, I start thinking about the favor I will put on my table settings at Thanksgiving! My project this month serves a dual purpose…I can enjoy the favors as a centerpiece in the Sunflower Berry Basket right now…then place the individual Indian Corn favors on the plates at Thanksgiving! I’ve got several photos and hope you can appreciate the FUN-NESS of this project from the photos! They look great in person!
The first photo shows the Berry Basket Die decorated with the sunflower punched with the Festive Flower Builder Punch. It also shows a couple of the Indian Corn favors with the A Little Something Greeting stamped on leaves cut with the Leaflet Framelits, plus a little Gold Glimmer Paper bling!
Close-up of one of the ears of Indian Corn.
Next up on the Tour de Freaks lineup is Mindy Backes…she always has wonderful ideas, too!
- The base is two cuts from Crumb Cake Cardstock with the Square Pillow Box Thinlet Die to make the box. It was stamped with Soft Suede Ink and the Hardwood Background Stamp, added Tear and Stick Tape to the tabs and formed the box.
- A 2 x 12 Belly Band of Happy Hauntings DSP wrapped around the outside and adhered.
- A quarter piece of the Spider Web Doily was adhered to the inside top of the Belly Band.
- The chevron circle in Sparkly Seasons was stamped with Tangelo Twist ink on Tangelo Twist cardstock and the face added with Tuxedo Black Ink, then punched with the 2″ Circle Punch. The stem/leaf image was stamped with Old Olive, the stem colored with Chocolate Chip Marker and cut out, then put on top of the pumpkin. It was added to the Belly Band with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- The spider from Cheer All Year was stamped with Tuxedo Black on Whisper White and cut out, then added over the web and pumpkin.
- Happy Haunting from Cheer All Year was stamped with Tuxedo Black on Whisper White cardstock, then trimmed into two pieces and added to the front.
That’s it! Now continue around the blog hop with a stop at our Create with Connie and Mary website so you can get the details on signing up for our SEPTEMBER Mini Session…open NOW! We just added another BONUS this month because we know that some of you don’t do Halloween! We’ve remade two of the tutorials using Christmas stamp sets!
With our September mini session we are featuring fall and Halloween sets (plus now Christmas!) from the Holiday Catalog…
- Sweet Hauntings
- Cheer All Year
- Howl-o-ween Treats
- Haunt Ya Later
- Lighthearted Leaves
- BONUS: Acorny Thank You
- AND a bonus project from me remaking Debbie Henderson’s Halloween Tabletop Decor into an ADORABLE Snow Place Tabletop Decor
- AND two Jolly Christmas Cards using the layouts from Mary using Deb’s Haunt Ya Later card set
I chose to do a Halloween theme for my Holiday Preview projects…I told you I bought ALL the Halloween stamps, didn’t I? lol! I can’t resist! So…I made a decorative Halloween frame with a matching card using the fun set, Witches’ Night! It goes with the Witching Decor Project Kit that I need to make up soon!
- The shadowbox frame is 5 x 7 and I used two patterns from the Happy Haunting DSP in the background, with Black Glimmer Paper to hide the seam. They were layered on Basic Black cardstock.
- The Witches’ Night greeting was stamped twice…once with Tuxedo Black Ink and once with Tangelo Twist Ink, then cut with the Lots of Labels Framelits. The center greeting of the Tangelo Twist one was cut out and adhered over the Black one with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- BOO! from Boo To You Framelits was cut from Black Glimmer Paper and two googly eyes added to the OO!
- And in the next photo you can see that I wrapped the precut Spider Web Doily around the outside edge of the frame, and hung a spider from Linen Thread from the web.
Next up on the Tour de Freaks is Judy DiScipio, and I’m sure you’ll love her projects! Then continue around the tour until you get back here!
Products at sale price are WHILE SUPPLIES LAST! Only a certain quantity is set aside for sale! Local people, I’ll have an order going in later tonight and tomorrow. If you don’t have the Scallop Tag Topper Punch…you definitely will want to get it now!
Here’s a little favor I did for the Stampin’ Up! Incentive Trip 3D swap using the Scallop Tag Topper Punch on each end. More details CLICK HERE!
First, I haven’t shown off my grandkids for a LONG while! Here’s a photo from last night that I just couldn’t resist. I love the expression on Quinn’s face as she looks at her cousin Carter playing! Carter is 2 years old now and Quinn is 9 months!
Did you know? Our July 2015 Mini Session premiered yesterday over on Create with Connie and Mary! All 5 tutorials are available to download as soon as you subscribe! For only $8.95 US, it’s a bargain. Here are a few more details:
Need some ideas for new sets? What some exclusive ideas that are not posted public? Check out the new Create with Connie and Mary Mini Session!
All FIVE projects are available once the mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials) right there at your fingertips
AND we are showing ‘snippets’ of the projects and letting you know what sets we used! Here’s what we did for July!
All this for only $8.95! Projects will be available July 26th and you will get ALL 5 ideas right away…no waiting! So head over to Create with Connie and Mary to sign up now!
The new In Color Blossom Accents are so fun. I knew when I saw them that I would be re-creating a couple projects that I did a couple years ago for Convention. Want to see?
The first is a pretty bracelet. It actually has blank disks on it so that I could glue on the In Color Blossoms with Crystal Effects. Very sturdy. I’ve worn it several times already! I like the multi-colored ones, but I’ve also made them in all one color! The rhinestones in the center of the flowers really sparkle and attract attention (thanks Jan for that idea!)
EDIT: Since I’m getting a lot of requests, here is where I found the bracelet blanks.
MANY years ago, a friend Dina made us some scissor charms. I have used mine so much that it was quite bent out of shape, so decided that it was time to re-do mine. I used earring hoops, some Swarovski crystals and a flat blank pendant charm to glue the In Color Blossom onto. Now I can keep track of my scissors, too!
Aren’t those fun and a different way to use our stamping accessories?
Did you see that Create with Connie and Mary is getting ready to start a new Mini Session soon? We’ll be featuring a few sets in the new catalog…what’s the July Mini Session all about?
- A mini session includes the tutorials for FIVE projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
- Each mini session includes THREE card sets, each with 4 cards
- Each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect for your club or stamp camp
- All FIVE projects are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials) right there at your fingertips
- July Mini session is available beginning on July 26th (and available for 1 year)
- Cost is $8.95
- Sets used for this collection
- Made with Love
- Cottage Greetings
- Over the Rainbow
- Awesomely Artistic
- Garden in Bloom
Check out Create with Connie and Mary and sign up for the July Mini Session today!
You may just be starting the blog hop here at my blog – Connie Babbert at INKspired Treasures, or may have come from the person previous to me on the list. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all the projects. At the moment you are visiting my blog, Connie Babbert.
While I was in Hawaii, I picked up some of these cute Hawaii pens as a thank you for my Stamp Club members and hostesses. Like usual, I didn’t think to photograph until I had already given a bunch of them out. But, here’s what the group looks like of those remaining:
So…what is new and old on here?
- I stamped the larger Flower Patch flower with Daffodil Delight Ink on Whisper White and then the center with new Watermelon Wonder Ink. It was cut out with the Flower Fair Framelit.
- I added a new Perfect White Accent to the center of the flower.
- The cello bag topper was cut 2 x 3-1/2 from new Mint Macaron cardstock. The cardstock was slipped into the back of the Decorative Label Punch to get the decorative edge.
- I stamped the leaves image from Kinda Eclectic with new Cucumber Crush Ink on top.
- I used the Alphabet Rotary Stamp to spell out Mahalo (Thank You) inked with new Watermelon Wonder ink on a 1/2″ strip of Whisper White, then cut the flag end.
- I added the pens to the 1 x 8 cello bag, then stapled the topper on it.
Here’s my first project using the Cutie Pie Box Thinlit that I turned into a Christmas Tree box! Wouldn’t this be fun to give someone filled with treats?
- I used Old Olive cardstock for the box and Chocolate Chip for the tree trunk.
- The stripe pattern in the Merry Moments Designer Paper makes great “garland” for the tree and some decoration along the sides.
- In between the garland are “ornaments” of Silver Sequins from the Sequin Trim.
- At top is the new Star Punch from Silver Glimmer Paper and is added with a Stampin’ Dimensional to the top.
- Very Merry is from And Many More stamp set and stamped with Cherry Cobbler Ink, then punched with the new Washi Tape punch.
- A couple Petite Flowers punched from Real Red are added to the side with a Silver Sequin in the center.
And, of course, I needed a matching card…all using the Cutie Pie Box Thinlet, too!
- The larger size is a tree FRAME with the DSP behind the opening. I used the larger box size and the additional smaller size framelits to make a tree frame. A few sequins were added for “ornaments”.
- The smaller one is the framelit cut out out from the larger size and I decorated it like the box. The flower is two Petite Petals Punches from the reverse side of the stripe DSP.
- Merry Christmas is from the new set, Lots of Joy, stamped in Real Red.
- The 3 1/2 x 4 Smoky Slate cardstock is embossed with the Elegants Dots Folder and adhered to the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, then the 4-1/4 x 11 base of Real Red cardstock.
- Some 1/8″ Silver Ribbon hides the seam.
- The trunks are just cut pieces of Chocolate Chip cardstock.
Another fun SUO Challenge this time is to make a Sweet Treat! I decided to show the sweet treat favor I made for my Hawaii incentive trip 3D swap! These are filled with Mambo taffy candy. I made 28 of them for the swap and a couple friends…here they are ready to be packed in my suitcase!
- The Beautiful Bunch flower was stamped twice with Pumpkin Pie (Rich Razzleberry or Daffodil Delight) Ink on Whisper White, then punched with the Fun Flower punch.
- The leaves were the flower stamped with Old Olive Ink on Old Olive cardstock, punched, then cut the petals for leaves.
- The center Petite Petal image was stamped with Old Olive Ink on Whisper White and punched with the Petite Petals punch, then added to the center. A Rhinestone jewel was put in the center.
- I added a 1 3/4″ wide piece of Daffodil Delight to the top, added the flower and leaves. It’s Your Day from Fabulous Four was stamped with Pacific Point on a strip of Whisper White and cut with a flag end.
Here’s the side view. The candy was wrapped in the Brights Patterns Designer Paper and adhered to the bottom strip.