Archive for the ‘3D items’ Category:
I promised to show you the helper gifts Mary and I made for the Create with Connie and Mary LIVE event we held last weekend. In addition to the Perfectly Wrapped stamp set and all attendee prizes, we made these wonderful Chalkboard Frames using the Bunch of Blossoms stamp set, Blossom Builder Punch and Flourish Thinlets. I found the 12 x 16 chalkboard ruler frames at the Target Dollar Spot area (no, not for $1) and knew that I could decorate them. Here’s what I designed:
Here’s a closeup of the larger flower.
A few details:
- The larger outside petals were stamped with Flirty Flamingo Ink on Flirty Flamingo cardstock and punched.
- The inside flower petals were punched from the In Color Flirty Flamingo Designer Paper Pack.
- The center was cut with the Flourish Thinlets from Daffodil Delight Cardstock. In the center is a Perfect White Accent.
- The leaves were stamped with Garden Green on Garden Green cardstock and handcut.
- The other Flourish flowers were cut from Whisper White with a 3/8 Circle of Daffodil Delight cardstock in the center.
- The buds were stamped with Crushed Curry on Daffodil Delight cardstock and Flirty Flamingo cardstock, then assembled with two Daffodil Delight petals and one Flirty Flamingo petal.
- The large flourishes were cut from Cucumber Crush cardstock.
We thought these could be used for so many reasons! A welcome greeting, a kitchen menu, and in the stamp room, of course! They really loved them…and trust me, they are prettier in person than even the pictures!
* * * * * * * * *
OK…if you missed the Create LIVE event, you can BUY A MAKE & TAKE KIT of all the projects we did. Complete materials and directions for completing them are included. Sorry, no stamped images per Stampin’ Up! policy. Find more details HERE!
* * * * * * * * *
And, we’re getting ready to launch the Create with Connie and Mary August Mini Session!
We are using stamp sets from the 2016-17 catalog on our projects! PLUS…get a HOLIDAY SURPRISE card set tutorial using Star of Light Bundle from the Holiday Catalog to get you started on your Christmas cards ideas!
- Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
- All FIVE projects are available once the monthly mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials)
- Mini Sessions open on the 11th of each month
- Only $8.95 US per month
Head over to Create with Connie and Mary to sign up now!
Hi everyone! Well, I was kind of out of the loop last week, wasn’t I? Mary and I were BUSY finishing up last minute details for the Create LIVE event we held last Saturday! Feedback was that it was a HUGE success and we thank all of you who came out and joined us! We love meeting and chatting with you in person…and are so happy you enjoyed the projects! AND…great news if you missed it! We have a LIMITED NUMBER of Make & Take kits available for anyone in the US to purchase! Go check out the details over on Create with Connie and Mary! Only while supplies last!
Our theme and inspiration for this year’s Create LIVE event was the stamp set, Birthday Fiesta. Just darling for all kinds of celebrations! Here are a few photos of the tags we made.
Everyone who attended received a bright colored bag with their Make & Take materials inside. The Birthday Fiesta Bag Tag designed by me was a great place to write their name on the back so they didn’t get lost or misplaced!
Then to start the event we did an all-inclusive prize patrol…everyone received this sweet treat designed by Mary Brown for being so “sweet” to attend! And, of course, stampers need chocolate to stamp, right?
We are so thankful for our 5 helpers who assist us getting set up and manning the Make & Take tables for us…freeing us up to walk around and make sure everything is running smoothly. Thanks to Sandy, Lynn, Barb, Jo, and our design team member, Nicole…we couldn’t do it without you! Here are the name tags I designed for Mary and I, plus the helpers (no…forgot to get a photo of all of them together!) Come back tomorrow to see the gift we gave our helpers!!! It is VERY cool!
And, of course, Prize Patrol gifts had a little tag on them to identify the prize with the color. Here’s the prize for the Tempting Turquoise winners…everyone went home with a little embellishment. A cute little tag with a 1-3/4 DSP circle and the Yay! greeting from Confetti Celebrations punched with a star and popped up on the circle.
Here’s the Prize Patrol wheel I made with spinning Alpacas/Llamas! Which is it? lol!
It was a VERY fun day! Don’t forget…you can get one of our limited Create LIVE kits…check out the details over on Create with Connie and Mary! But hurry…only while supplies last!
Do you think it looks like a beehive? That’s what I’m hoping!
I used the bee from Shooting Star and some gold thread for the “flight of the bumblebee”. Here’s a closeup:
Want some details:
- The Cutie Pie Thinlet was cut from So Saffron cardstock.
- Before putting the box together, a pencil mark was placed along each side every 1″. I used a flower stem and Early Espresso Ink to make the ridges in the “hive”. Then adhere the box together.
- An Layering Oval was cut from Early Espresso Cardstock, then stamped in a crosshatch pattern with the same flower stem. The sides were cut off to make it more “square”.
- The bee from Shooting Star was stamped with Early Espresso and colored with Crushed Curry Marker. The Clear Wink of Stella was used for the wings and the Gold Wink of Stella for the body to give it little shimmer!
- A long strand of gold thread was wrapped around 3 fingers to make loops, then added to the back of the bee with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- The You’re Sweet greeting from Shooting Star was stamped with Memento Black on a 1/2″ strip of Whisper White, cut one side at an angle and adhered to the front of the box.
- Finally a bow was made from the Burlap Ribbon and added to the top of the box with Mini Glue Dots.
OK…next up is Mary Brown…check out her favorite small box or favor!
My grandson, Carter, turned 3 a couple weeks ago and his mom came up with a “fishing” theme for his party since he likes fishing in his papa’s pond! I spent some time at my Spring Stamping Retreat cutting all the pieces for the banners, invitations and cake decorations! Thankfully his mom put them all together! It was lots of Big Shot work! But since he had THREE birthday parties, the decorations really got used and I’m sure they will be borrowed by other friends. We were inspired by some photos on Pinterest.
Here’s the birthday boy with his cake…isn’t that cute? The sign says “Carter is three”.
It was a beautiful day so the party was outside…this is one of the banners with bobbers and fish and balloons!
A closeup of the bobber and fish hanging from a pendant light.
Bobber “lanterns” hanging from the dinette light…she painted white lanters along the bottom to look like bobbers.
Banner in the dinette that says Carter is 3.
Birthday cake table with gummy worms and the cake!
He really felt like a special little boy and enjoyed being the center of attention at each of the parties! What fun!
A few details:
Bobbers were made with the Round Framelits and the retired angled square punch. Fishes were made from Oval Framelits with the Gift Bow Die for the tail and fin and the largest Scallop Oval Framelit for the scales on the back. Eyes with Circle Punches.
Don’t forget…my adhesive sale is GOING ON NOW!!!
40% off Stampin’ Up! Adhesive Sale
This is a HUGE savings on adhesive!
It doesn’t go bad…and you always need it!
available only thru Connie Babbert
Friday, June 17
Tuesday, June 28
Hostess Benefits Apply!
Yes, items other than adhesive can be added to your order.
Minimum purchase of 12 adhesive can be ANY combination.
EMAIL ME at email@example.com
I’m BACK! After a terrific 16 days in the Mediterranean, I’m finally home! My husband and I added a few days in Barcelona before the Stampin’ Up! Incentive Mediteranean Cruise Trip, then another week after with friends Ann and Rick Lohmeyer touring the Spain and France countryside! Such an awesome experience! It was our first time to Europe andwow…my eyes were wide open taking everything in!
This photo a distant shot of La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona. I have hundreds of pictures…can’t wait to start working on my Project Life album! However, I’m not going to lie…it felt GOOD to sleep in my own KING sized bed! lol!
I made a special project for some ladies I know who were also on this trip! Lots of room for photos for their memories, too! (One thing I wished I would have had to use is the new Labeler Alphabet to stamp the ports of call on the cruise on each page!)
Here’s the front, closed. I used the Envelope Punch Board to make the camera shape base. “You Brighten my Day” is from the Sunburst Sayings Stamp Set. Pop of Color Designer Paper was used on the outside and on the flaps inside. Melon Mambo Thick Twine holds it closed.
Here’s the back, the new Square Scalloped Framelit came in handy to cut out the Mediterranean Cruise logo I printed off the computer.
Inside the Swirly Scribbles Thinlets were perfect to hold down the flaps of the album pages.
And here is one of the pages open. The other side looked the same.
Like I said, lots of room for photos and journaling and I thought it made a pretty special little hand-made gift!
Coming Soon! The Create with Connie and Mary June 2016 MINI SESSION is only $8.95 US and we’re using products and stamp sets from the NEW 2016-17 Catalog! Opens on June 11th!
* Each month’s $8.95 US session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp meetings!
Head over to Create with Connie and Mary to sign up now!
I wrapped some little gifts for a few friends that I knew I’d be hanging with at On Stage Convention. Inside the envelopes are little sewing kits (I can’t believe I didn’t take a photo!), decorated with the same flower in reverse colors since the case of the sewing kits were Tangelo Twist!
- To start, I measured the little case of the sewing kit, then found the size on the Envelope Punch Board that would hold them. I cut the Botanical Gardens Designer Paper according to that size.
- The Botanical Builder flowers were cut from Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey and the centers with Basic Black. The leaves were stamped with Mossy Meadow on Pear Pizzazz and cut with the Framelits also.
- They were adhered together then placed on the 2″ Circle of coordinating Designer Paper.
- A Rhinestone Jewel was added to the center.
- A 1-1/4 x 8-1/2 strip of Whisper White belly band wraps around the Envelope to hold it closed and the circle with flower added to hide the seam on top.
On the back, I stamped For You from Birthday Blooms stamp set with Tuxedo Black Ink.
I think it made a simple and sweet little gift for my friends…and something they could use in their purse for emergencies! I wish I would have kept one for myself!
Stamps: Botanical Blooms, Birthday Blooms
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Mossy Meadow
Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Hello Honey, Tangelo Twist, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: Botanical Gardens DSP, Rhinestones, Envelope Punch Board, 2″ Circle Punch
EDIT: Because I’m getting questions, here is what the sewing kits look like…except mine were orange. I found them at Michael’s a while ago.
Oh…had a wonderful time at On Stage Live in Salt Lake City…loved catching up with friends and meeting new ones. AND…being one of the first to see the NEW CATALOG! Can you say WOW! Yes, my pocketbook is screaming already in anticipation! All is well, except that my flight coming home was delayed almost 3 hours in Phoenix and I didn’t get home until 2:00 AM Monday morning! lol!
I wanted to show the On Stage Roommate Gift I made using the Sunburst Flower again, this time with Night of Navy Polka Dot pattern DSP. It is adhered to a thick notepad of paper, so I went with the red/white/navy color scheme.
- The notepad was already covered with the navy/red print.
- I cut four Sunbursts from the navy Regals Patterned DSP Stack, then cut with varying sizes of Circle Framelits.
- Just a Note from Watercolor Wishes is stamped with Real Red on Whisper White, then punched with the 1-3/8 Circle Punch and layered on a 1-3/4 circle of Red Glimmer Paper, then added to the center of the flower.
- A Real Red button is tied with White Baker’s Twine and tied in a bow, then adhered to the center with Mini Glue Dots.
- A Sunburst was cut from Mossy Meadow cardstock and cut for the flower leaves.
- Finally, the letter A was cut with the Serif Essentials Dies (retired) from Whisper White cardstock, adhered to the front and blinged up with Rhinestones.
- There was also a matching pen for the notepad.
I love making these type of gifts for friends and roommates! But I especially LOVE this flower!
Hello! Welcome to the March Tour de Freaks! We are celebrating Spring and Easter this month! Perfect timing! You’ve probably just come from Dawn Olchefske’s blog…aren’t her projects fun? Continue on around to all 10 stops for some great inspiration!
I decided to use the darling Easter Lamb in the Occasions Catalog and dress her up in Jelly Bean colors! I had lots of fun coloring! Here’s the card:
For the card, my jelly bean lamb is standing on a STACK of jelly beans, made from the Balloon Builders stamp set. Like a lot of people, I bought the stamp set JUST for that jelly bean image! lol! Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Melon Mambo cardstock, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- I stamped the jelly beans in Real Red, Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie…all the Brights color family, on Whisper White cardstock, then cut them out individually so I could place them as I wanted and pop up a few of them with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Easter Lamb was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Whisper White, then colored with the same Stampin’ Write colors. The cheeks were colored with Pink Pirouette Marker. I cut her out and added her to the top of the jelly bean pile with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Happy Easter was cut and added to the front with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Melon Mambo and Black Baker’s Twine was tied in a bow and added to the greeting with Mini Glue Dots.
Next up is a cute little favor…filled with jelly beans!
- I made a Pyramid Pals Thinlet Box from clear Window Sheet and left one side open to fill with Jolly Rogers Jelly Beans (I like how they match our colors!) I also snipped the top so that I could add the bamboo skewer for the greeting.
- Around the bottom of the Pyramid Box, I added a 3/4″ strip of Old Olive cardstock, cut with the Fringe Scissors, then curled the grass slightly.
- The greeting was cut and added to a bamboo skewer with Mini Glue Dots, then added thru the snipped top of the Pyramid Box. Melon Mambo and Basic Black Bakers Twine was tied around in a bow.
- Another Easter Lamb was stamped and colored the same as the card, then cut out and added on the front of the box with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
Isn’t that FUN and so sweet! My grand-daughter will get this card for Easter! I love the jelly beans and the bright colors! OK…continue on to the next stop on the Tour de Freaks and see what fabulous Wendy Weixler has in store for you!
Happy February! One month down…only two more to go until Spring is here! Actually our winter hasn’t been too bad (knock on wood). We’ve had warmer than normal temperatures here in Ohio for the most part! I’ve probably just jinxed us now! lol!
I was happy to get the new January My Paper Pumpkin Kit in the mail this month! Although, the suggested banner and treat packages are darling ideas, I knew I’d be using mine for a different purpose. I ordered some It’s My Party Enamel Dots for my Stamp Club customers for a little Christmas gift, but they didn’t come in time to go in their order bags. I elected to keep them for a little Valentine gift instead! I filled the Sketched Dots Gift Bags with the Enamel Dots, folded down the top, then added the individual hearts with the clothespin, red sequins and colored banner, tied with Bakers’s Twine! The only thing I added that was not IN the kit was the small Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper punched heart, and the bag/gift, of course. Yes…everything else was included! The hearts were stamped with the included Cute Conversations stamp set and Watermelon Wonder Ink. Made it SO quick to make up 16 of them!
Don’t they look sweet all lined up? I still have PLENTY of paper scraps to punch more hearts, and even leftover clothespins, sequins, baker’s twine and banners! I’ll be making up a batch of cards to send out for Valentine’s Day, too!
Now is a GREAT time to order the My Paper Pumpkin subscription for yourself! You’ll save $5 off the 3-month pre-paid subscription price…and get a FREE Sale-A-Bration product, too! You can try it and see for yourself…after the 3 months, you can elect to continue or stop…totally up to you! Order your fun box of crafty goodness today…please use my February HOST CODE 4WWSBXYM when you place your order!
Every year I re-cover a calendar to have on my desk to keep track of my classes and activities. I remove the ugly vinyl cover and add cardstock and designer paper. This year I couldn’t resist using the Botanical Blooms stamp set, framelits and Botanical Garden Designer paper. Did you know that ALL of that comes with the Bundle for only $51.75???!!! Stampin’ Up! added the DSP to the bundle for this one! Makes sense because it is a perfect match!
Of course, I took all my colors from the Designer Paper. Here are the details:
- I measured the front and back of the calendar then covered the front and back with Hello Honey cardstock, leaving about 1″ uncovered along the folded edge.
- I cut the bottom piece of Botanical Gardens Designer Paper and adhered over the cardstock. Then used a 1/2″ strip of coordinating designer paper to cover the seam.
- The Cajun Craze band was cut 3″ wide and scored down the center at 1-1/2 so that it would fold along the edge easily and hide the uncovered part. I used Tear & Tape on this piece because of all the movement it will get.
- The 2016 numbers from Large Numbers Framelits were cut from Gold Glimmer Paper and adhered above the DSP.
- The veins in the leaves were stamped with Mossy Meadow Ink on Mossy Meadow Cardstock, then cut with the Botanical Builder Framelits.
- Flowers were cut from Whisper White, Pool Party and Cajun Craze cardstock, then assembled around the numbers. I LOVE that several of the flowers are “cut” so they have more dimension and pop out!
- I used the Perfect White Accents for the centers. In the large flower I colored it with a Black Sharpie Marker.
It will be so much fun to look at my calendar all year around and enjoy this design! SO much better than that vinyl black cover!
Do you want even MORE details on using Occasions and Sale-A-Bration stamps and supplies?
We are getting ready for our JANUARY 2016 MINI SESSION with projects using stamp sets from the new Occasions Catalog and Sale-A-Bration brochures! Get some great ideas for your January, February and Spring classes! You are going to LOVE these! PLUS check out the VALENTINE SPECIAL BONUS below!
Sets we are using for the January session, opening January 11th:
- Flowering Fields
- Botanical Blooms
- Apple of My Eye
- First Sight
- Beautiful Ride
- What I Love
- Easter Lamb
- Balloon Celebration
- Party Wishes
- Pyramid Pals
plus BONUS VALENTINE project