Archive for the ‘3D items’ Category:
Every year I try to decorate my paper calendar that sits on my desk. Although I keep a lot of appts on my phone, my desk calendar is my BIBLE…reminders and dates, birthdays, etc., all get placed in this master calendar. So, I want it to look pretty, right? And…flowers are my favorite things to stamp…so how could I resist using the new Petal Potpourri stamp set to decorate my calendar? And, I needed a matching birthday card, right?
Stamps: Petal Potpourri Stamp Set
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Basic Black
Inks: Crushed Curry, Tangelo Twist, Bermuda Bay, Mossy Meadow
Accessories: Birthday Bash Designer Paper, Flower Medallion Punch, 7/8 Scallop Circle Punch, Petite Petals Punch, Itty Bitty Accents Punch, Hello Honey Ribbon, Rhinestones, Label Framelits, Perfect Print Numbers Bigz Dies, White Chalk Pen
Here’s a closeup of the card, too! This is fun because the greeting is from the Sale-A-Bration set, Big Day, and I embossed it with White Embossing Powder on Basic Black, then used my Blendabilities Markers (Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay and Pumpkin Pie) to color over the White Embossing. I love that look! I also drew around the edges with the White Chalk Pen. The flowers are the same as I used on the calendar, but I used the little center circle image for the background with Bermuda Bay ink on the Bermuda Bay cardstock!
Stamps: Big Day, Petal Potpourri
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Basic Black, Crushed Curry
Inks: Crushed Curry, Tangelo Twist, Mossy Meadow, White Craft
Blendabilities: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Coastal Cabana
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Label Framelits, Flower Medallion Punch, 7/8 Scallop Circle Punch, Petite Petals Punch, Itty Bitty Accents Punch, Birthday Bash Designer Paper, Rhinestones, White Chalk Pen
OK…aren’t those wonderful ideas and a great glimpse of the new Occasions and Sale-A-Bration catalogs? I think so. Now, go check out the rest of the Control Freak Swappers on the Tour de Freaks blog hop! Next up is Melissa Davies...another of my favorites!
The theme over on SUO Challenges this week is “The Treat’s the Thing”. Of course, so close to Halloween, I naturally thought of Halloween treats so made my little holder with Stampin’ Up!’s Freaky Friends! Can you tell what I used? Yep! I used a portion of the Curvy Keepsake Box! Isn’t that fun?
Here are the details:
- I used Tangerine Tango cardstock and cut two pieces that were about 3 1/2″ wide and cut just the side of the box that had the loop handle at the top.
- I trimmed the bottom of both pieces so that I could overlap and adhere them.
- I used the Large Polka Dot Folder and embossed both sides with it. Inside the large circles, I stamped the eyes from Freaky Friends with Tuxedo Black Ink on the front and back.
- I punched a moon with the 1 3/4″ circle punch from Crushed Curry cardstock and sponged Tangerine Tango Ink around the edges, then stamped Ghoulish Greetings with Tuxedo Black Ink on it.
- I stamped the cat and two bats with Tuxedo Black on scrap Whisper White, then cut them out and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- To close, I tied Black Bakers Twine around it and tied a bow.
- The holder will hold 1 or 2 mini candy bars like shown!
Isn’t this a fun and spooky treat holder??? I love using that Curvy Keepsake Box Thinlet in a little different way! Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team’s creations over on SUO Challenges!
Today is the LAST DAY of our PREVIEW WEEK over on Create with Connie and Mary! Our Holiday Collection 2014 officially starts tomorrow, but our Early Bird Price ends today! Don’t miss out on joining us for some FABULOUS ideas using Christmas and Winter stamp sets in the Holiday Catalog! For only $24.95 US, you’ll get over 24 project tutorials with full directions and photos!
Today I get to share with you the last PREVIEW PROJECT and FREE TUTORIAL…plus the last BLOG CANDY...a free subscription to our Holiday Collection! If you’ve already joined and win, we’ll apply it to a future collection. Just leave a comment on my blog today so you can be entered to win!
So, here is my project…I was very happy with out it turned out! What do you think? Want to make one for yourself? Imagine giving this darling little gift to someone during the holiday filled with their favorite treats…or a trio of different sweets!
So…what to do?
- Leave a comment HERE on my blog so you are entered into the drawing to win a free subscription.
- Head over to Create with Connie and Mary to download this FREE TUTORIAL to make the Curvy Keepsake Box Trio yourself.
- Subscribe today while you can still save $5 and enjoy our latest Holiday Collection 2014!
Have you stamped today?
Wow…it is the last day of our Holiday Card “Create”tions over on Create with Connie and Mary! I really can’t believe how fast these 3 weeks have gone by! I know our subscribers have loved the card set ideas and tutorials they received! And, it’s not too late for you to join! Stop by Create with Connie and Mary for more details! You’ll get over 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas…and have access for up to a year, 24/7!
Today, we have our last Blog Hop for this session…this time we are using the set we featured this week PLUS one of the Petite Cafe Bags in the Holiday Catalog! You’ve probably just come from Deb Currier’s Blog…love her Petite Cafe Bag don’t you? Make sure to click the link at the bottom to take you around to all the Design Team ideas!
I used Newborn King for my card set this week so here is the design that I came up with for my Petite Cafe Bag to coordinate with the card set!
Here are the details:
- I stamped the word Merry from Cheerful Tags randomly on the bag using Cherry Cobbler Ink on the front and back sides.
- I folded the top down after filling it with goodies, then added a 1 1/2″ x 8″ strip of Under the Tree Designer Paper, adhering it just at the top and around to the back about 2″. I cut the bottom with a flag end. Doing it this way I can open the bag just by flipping up the banner and opening the tab.
- Next, I cut a strip of 1 x 5″ Gold Glimmer Paper, then cut it in half so that the bottom was cut with a flag end and tucked under the Label Framelit, and the top tucks under the top of the Label Framelit and around to the back. I saved a little bit of Gold Glimmer Paper that way!
- I stamped the partial image of The Newborn King with Black Stazon Ink and used my AquaPainter and Markers to watercolor the image. I cut it with a Circle Framelit and layered it on the Cherry Cobbler Label Framelit. That was popped up on the front of the banner with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I stamped the star with Crushed Curry ink on Soft Suede and punched it with the Small Oval Punch, then placed it on front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Make sure to continue on around the Create with Connie and Mary Design Team Blog Hop to see all the fabulous bags our designers did this week! Next stop is Natasha Zandbergen!
Did you know that after Christmas, people spend the most amount of money on Halloween decorations, costumes and candy? Unbelievable! I’ve had a love affair with Halloween for years! Although I love making Halloween cards, I can’t say that I send many out. But I DO love to decorate for Halloween. I mix it in with my Fall decorations! And I also love to do little favors for Halloween!
One of my good stamping friends just moved several states away. She shares my love of Halloween, so I made up this little frame for her. Hope every time she looks at it she thinks of me!
It really was quite easy to do…the Motley Monsters Designer Paper did most of the work. I think I need to make one of these for myself cause it did turn out CUTE!
- I cut out the section that I wanted to feature in the frame (LOVE that witch!), then adhered it to a layer of Gold Glimmer Paper, then backed it on a layer of Basic Black. My frame is a small white shadowbox about 6 x 8 in size.
- To that, I added the saying “Witches Night Out” from Tee-Hee-Hee stamp set with Tuxedo Black on Pumpkin Pie cardstock, then punched with the Large Oval Punch, layered on Gold Glimmer Scallop Oval Punch and finally on the Basic Black Decorative Label Punch. I placed it in the frame.
- Next I tied the Pumpkin Pie Chevron Ribbon around the outside of the frame with a bow. I added the EEK!, again from Tee-Hee-Hee stamp set, punched with the Word Window Punch and added to the bow with Linen Thread.
Next up is a card that I did using the stamp set, Freaky Friends. I paired it up with the Confetti Celebrations Designer Paper…I like how bright the patterns are in this package!
Here are a few details:
- I colored the greeting from Mingle All The Way with my Blendabilities over White Embossing.
- The monsters were stamped with Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry, Tuxedo Black Memento. Frankenstein was colored with the Old Olive Blendabilities Marker.
- The background Rich Razzleberry was embossed with Delicate Dots Folder.
- I punched the banners from Confetti Celebrations DSP and adhered across the top, adding Rhinestones colored with the Rich Razzleberry Blendabilities Marker between them.
Isn’t that a fun lineup of monsters??? It turned out pretty cute and I love how the greeting turned out! Continue on to Debbie Henderson’s blog...you KNOW she will have FANTASTIC ideas for Halloween!
This week for our Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Card “Create”tions Blog Hop, our Design Team will be featuring the Tiny Treat Boxes in the Holiday Catalog! You’ve probably just come from Deb Currier’s blog…don’t you love her inspiration?
In addition to the Tiny Boxes, our Design Team will be using the stamp set they featured this week for their card set…but remember, only subscribers to our Holiday Card “Create”tions can see the EXCLUSIVE card sets! My featured set was Letterpress Winter! I combined it with the All Is Calm Designer Paper for a soft, wintery look! But first…here is a little bit of information about the Holiday Card “Create”tions 2014 session:
We are just finishing up Week 2 on our Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Card “Create”tions 2014! We have done one week of Halloween/Fall card sets and will be two weeks of Christmas! It’s not too late to join and you won’t miss anything…you can refer back to the projects 24/7 for up to a year! For only $19.95 US, you’ll get over 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas not shown ANYWHERE else! So, stop by Create with Connie and Mary and sign up!
Here’s what I came up with for my Tiny Treat Box project this week! I combined TWO of the boxes (they come 25 to a package for $6.95 US), adhering them back to back, then wrapping the All Is Calm Designer Paper around it.
Didn’t it turn out cool? And, the recipient can get TWO treats in one special package! I used the Silver Glimmer for some extra special bling!
Here are the details:
- The base are two Tiny Treat Boxes. I cut off the side flaps of each box, then adhered them together with strips of Sticky Strip.
- I cut a 2 x 12 strip of All Is Calm Designer Paper. It ALMOST fit all the way around, but left about a 1/4″ gap. I cut another 1 x 2 piece and placed it over the gap to hide it. I buried it on the back side, so it is barely noticeable. I also cut two 2×2 squares for the top of the boxes.
- I wrapped the Lost Lagoon Satin Ribbon around the middle and adhered the ends in the front.
- For the decorations, I stamped the medium sized snowflake with Lost Lagoon Ink on Soft Sky cardstock and punched with the 2″ Circle Punch. I punched the 1 1/4″ Scallop Circle Punch three times from Silver Glimmer Paper.
- I embossed the smallest snowflake with White Embossing Powder twice on Lost Lagoon cardstock and punched with the 1″ Circle Punch. I also stamped For You with Lost Lagoon ink on Whisper White and punched with the 1″ Circle Punch. I placed all the snowflakes and circles together with Stampin’ Dimensionals and adhered to the boxes.
- I added Rhinestone Jewels to the center of the snowflakes and on the sides of the For You greeting.
Inside I’d fill with a couple treat-filled cello bags before giving it as a gift! Lots of fun surprises could fit in these 2×2 Tiny Treat Boxes! Now continue on around the Holiday Card “Create”tions blog tour by stopping by Natasha Zandbergen’s blog for her wonderful idea!
Last Saturday, Mary and I did our first Create with Connie and Mary LIVE Event! A lot of work, but it turned out AWESOME if I must say so myself! Many, many people who attended came up and want us to do another one! lol! You can see more photos of the LIVE Event over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Since we went with a beach/luau theme for our LIVE event, I made up a LOT of these Hibiscus Flowers for all kinds of decorations! The Flower Frenzy Die made them easy to make! I cut the flowers from Melon Mambo, Tangelo Twist, Rich Razzleberry and Daffodil Delight. The centers were Daffodil Delight or Tangelo Twist. The leaves were Garden Green and embossed with the Delicate Dots Folder. These I sprinkled the flowers randomly around the Raffle, Food and Display tables.
I stamped WOOHOO! from Bravo Stamp Set in the center of some more flowers for Prize Patrol giveaways! Everyone went home with a Prize!
I decorated my Prize Wheel with the Flower Patch Stamp Set in colors to match!
I made some for the Name Tags for the helpers, Mary and I. I used the Apothecary Framelit for the base and layered the Sweet Taffy Designer Paper on top of chipboard to keep them sturdy and adhered a pin on the back.
After the event, I used the display flowers to make Thank You cards!
I used scraps of Sweet Taffy Designer Paper and the Watercolor Thank You on the front of Whisper White. I did add a Rhinestone Jewel to bling up the cards.
It really was lots of FUN coming up with ideas to decorate…one of my favorite parts! Again, check out Create with Connie and Mary for more photos of the actual event! It was a GREAT day!
Wow! Can you believe it is already the LAST DAY of Preview Week over on Create with Connie and Mary? Today (Saturday) is the last day of our Early Bird Savings…so don’t forget to sign up and save $5 off the regular $29.95 price!
For my FREE TUTORIAL for Preview Week, I wanted to make a little pocket mini album that could be used for a variety of different things…photos, gift cards, love coupons, inspiration messages…anything, really! This one I did up with the new Garden Party Stamp Set, Flowerpot Designer Paper and the Envelope Punch Tool, plus some of those YUMMY In Color Satin Stitched Ribbons!
I have a full step-by-step photo FREE TUTORIAL on how to make this fun little album over on Create with Connie and Mary today! Stop by and download it!
But first…I have BLOG CANDY! Leave me a comment on my blog today telling me how YOU would use your album and be entered into a drawing for a FREE SUBSCRIPTION to our Summer Collection 2014! We’ll draw the winners tomorrow! But, don’t worry…if you subscribe to get the Early Bird Price and are a winner, we’ll apply your win to a future subscription!
We’re getting ready to start the Summer Collection 2014 over on Create with Connie and Mary! We are featuring products from the NEW CATALOG…lots of great ideas for classes and stamp camps or gifts! Don’t miss it! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary!
OK…I just have to brag on my grandson, Carter! He turned ONE year old yesterday and we attended his first birthday party! He was SUCH a good boy the entire time! It is hard to believe a year has gone by since he was born, do you remember? This is a LONG post…scroll to the bottom to see all the goodies!
THEN (June 14, 2013)
NOW (June 14, 2014)
I love this picture because you can see all 3 of his teeth, and that WILD hair! And he has such a BIG smile! lol!
And here is one of the gifts we got him…he scampered right thru the tunnel the first time!
Birthday theme was “Very Hungry Caterpillar”. We used the Stampin’ Up! Circle Framelits for the caterpillar, Oval Framelits for the eyes, Triangle Punch for the nose, and Modern Label Punch for the antennas. The Serif Essentials Dies (retired) for the letters. He also had a banner that spelled Happy 1st Birthday!
Birthday cupcakes spaced to look like a caterpillar! And a personal birthday cake for Carter with the number 1!
Table centerpiece with birthday crown, book and “I am 1″ banner, plus his newborn photo dressed in a caterpillar suit.
I made this LARGE tag for the bag that held the tunnel and tent…it was too big to wrap! I free-hand cut the leaf, scored and sponged it. The apple is the Heart Framelit with part of the Oval Punch cut at the bottom. The leaves are the retired Blossoms Petals Builder punch. The caterpillar was punched with 1 & 1 1/4″ Circle Punches. The “munches” were made with the 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch.
And here is the matching birthday card I made for him. Greeting is Sassy Salutations.
That icing is SOOOOO yummy! He was SO careful with it!
Crib filled with birthday balloons!
It was such a fun party and special day! And Carter is such a blessing…love him to pieces!
Thanks for letting me brag on my grandson a little bit!
And, of course, all the current supplies are available in my ONLINE STORE!
I was SO excited to attend the Stampin' Up! Catalog Premiere in Columbus, Ohio! Stampin' Up! did a simulcast from over 40 locations around North America! We all were able to see Shelly Gardner, Carrie Cudney, Shannon West, Bonnie Thurber and Donna Griffin (LIVE in Long Beach) demonstrate some of the NEW products coming out! And enjoyed the ever delightful Brian Pillings. I'm SOOOO excited about MANY of them…and they just were the tip of the iceburg! On our way out, they handed us a NEW catalog and stamp set! I'm SO glad that I went!
I wanted to share the little favor that I took with me to give out to friends who attended…I had a couple leftover, so I think I forgot to give one to a couple people! Found them at the bottom of my bag! Sorry! And, I never did run into my friend (BARBARA!!!), they must have run out the back door as soon as it was over! lol! Inside the little pouch were M&Ms!
And here is a closeup:
Want some details?
- The base is 3 1/4 x 8 1/2, scored (long side at top) at 4 and 8. Fold the side flap in and add Sticky Strip to flap and bottom to make pouch.
- Cut a 3/4 x 4 piece of Real Red Designer Paper Stack for the bottom.
- Used the On Film Framelit with Silver Cardstock for the background.
- For the projector: 3/4 Basic Black & 3/8" Silver Circles for the film wheels, box is 1 x 1 3/4 Basic Black, lens is the Basic Black Triangle Punch cut down a little. I cut strips of Basic Black for the tripod legs and strips of Silver to decorate the projector.
- Finally I stamped Admit One from Take a Ticket with Black Stazon on Whisper White and punched it, then placed on the front!
Instead of M&Ms inside, a movie gift card would fit perfect…or add them both!
I have a BIG day of stamping coming up! Need to get some things done for my blog and a few challenges coming up! PLUS swaps for my cruise…I'm using the NEW stamp set! Woohoo!!!!