Archive for the ‘Blog Tour’ Category:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Hello Honey, folded in half. The bottom corners are rounded with the Project Life Corner Rounder.
- The 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White has the Thankful greeting in the hostess set, Six Sayings, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The bottom corners are also rounded.
- The leaf from Lighthearted Leaves is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on scrap Whisper White, then colored with Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey, Old Olive, and Rich Razzleberry Stampin’ Write Markers. It was then cut with the Leaflet Framelits and popped up on the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Gold Cording was tied in a bow, and added to the stem with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Finally, three orange sequins from the Brights Collection were added with the Fine Tip Glue Pen (LOVE that stuff!)
OK…check out the rest of the Create with Connie and Mary Design Team cards by continuing on the Blog Hop. Your next stop is the Create with Connie and Mary website where you can find out about our NEW October 2015 Mini Session! It opens on October 11th! Here are a few details:
Sets used for this collection:
- Holly Jolly Greetings
- Vintage Leaves
- Your Presents
- Happy Scenes
- Thankful Forest Friends
- BONUS: Reason for the Season
Here’s a little teaser for our October Collection…so…what are you waiting for? Join today!
- The base is two cuts from Crumb Cake Cardstock with the Square Pillow Box Thinlet Die to make the box. It was stamped with Soft Suede Ink and the Hardwood Background Stamp, added Tear and Stick Tape to the tabs and formed the box.
- A 2 x 12 Belly Band of Happy Hauntings DSP wrapped around the outside and adhered.
- A quarter piece of the Spider Web Doily was adhered to the inside top of the Belly Band.
- The chevron circle in Sparkly Seasons was stamped with Tangelo Twist ink on Tangelo Twist cardstock and the face added with Tuxedo Black Ink, then punched with the 2″ Circle Punch. The stem/leaf image was stamped with Old Olive, the stem colored with Chocolate Chip Marker and cut out, then put on top of the pumpkin. It was added to the Belly Band with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- The spider from Cheer All Year was stamped with Tuxedo Black on Whisper White and cut out, then added over the web and pumpkin.
- Happy Haunting from Cheer All Year was stamped with Tuxedo Black on Whisper White cardstock, then trimmed into two pieces and added to the front.
That’s it! Now continue around the blog hop with a stop at our Create with Connie and Mary website so you can get the details on signing up for our SEPTEMBER Mini Session…open NOW! We just added another BONUS this month because we know that some of you don’t do Halloween! We’ve remade two of the tutorials using Christmas stamp sets!
With our September mini session we are featuring fall and Halloween sets (plus now Christmas!) from the Holiday Catalog…
- Sweet Hauntings
- Cheer All Year
- Howl-o-ween Treats
- Haunt Ya Later
- Lighthearted Leaves
- BONUS: Acorny Thank You
- AND a bonus project from me remaking Debbie Henderson’s Halloween Tabletop Decor into an ADORABLE Snow Place Tabletop Decor
- AND two Jolly Christmas Cards using the layouts from Mary using Deb’s Haunt Ya Later card set
So…I had a REALLY hard time narrowing down what set I wanted to use. I finally settled on Flurry of Wishes (of course, I ALWAYS need more snowflake sets) and doing a new-to-me technique called Inlaid Words. I showed this technique at my technique class this month and they loved it! Not only is the stamp set new, so is the background embossing folder, Softly Falling, and the “snow” Seasonal Frame Thinlets, plus the fun little wood Snowflake Element…I colored mine with White Craft Ink.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White cardstock, folded in half.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Marina Mist cardstock is embossed with the Softly Falling embossing folder (I can’t decide which way I like it better…more snow at the bottom or more coming down from the top!)
- Across the front is a 1-1/4 x 5-1/4 strip of the silver pattern in Neutrals Collection Designer Paper Stack…then a 1/4″ x 5-1/4 strip of Silver Glimmer Paper under it.
- The Flurry of Wishes large snowflake was stamped on Whisper White with Marina Mist Ink, then cut with the Circles Framelit. At the same time, I cut the word “snow” from Seasonal Frame Thinlets across the center…make sure to save the little pieces from the curly cues! I cut the word again from Marina Mist cardstock.
- The large circle snowflake was placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals, then I used the WONDERFUL Fine Tip Glue Pen to glue the Marina Mist word snow inside the opening to the base of the card. Adhere in the little curly cue pieces you kept from the snowflake one.
- Finally, I colored the wood Snowflake Element with White Craft Ink and my sponge dauber…let dry…add a large Rhinestone in the center and add to the card with a small Stampin’ Dimensional in the center. I also added Rhinestones in the snowflake ends.
LOTS of sparkle on this card! OK…you are at my blog…Connie Babbert…so find my name and then click on the next person’s link to move forward with the blog tour! Once you’ve come back here, you’ve completed the circle! Hope my card inspires you…and I’ll know you’ll get LOTS more inspiration from the others!
It’s time for another Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! This week we are featuring the In Color, Cucumber Crush, on our cards!
But first, our new AUGUST MINI SESSION opened on August 19, but it’s not too late to join! The next stop at Create with Connie and Mary website will give you more details and a chance to sign up!
Have you ever started a card and it was going along great until you added one more element? Now…normally, I would scrap it and start over…but it really wasn’t a throw-away…so I’m showing it here! lol! My Among the Branches card was sort of spooky looking even with the bright Cucumber Crush…until I added the leaves in the tree branch, then it kind of got too tame for a Halloween card. And…I wanted some eyeballs in the background, but didn’t think they would work. Tell me what YOU think!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Cucumber Crush cardstock, folded in half.
- Across the bottom of the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White is 1-1/2′ x 5-1/4″ strip of In Colors Patterns Collection.
- A 1/8″ x 5-1/4 strip of Black Glimmer Paper hides the seam.
- The tree branch from Among the Branches was stamped with Basic Black Archival Ink in the upper right corner, along with the black Crow…then those darn Cucumber Crush leaves were added. lol!
- Spooky was stamped with Basic Black Archival Ink on Whisper White and punched with the 2″ Circle Punch, then layered on a Cucumber Crush Designer Label that was cut in half and adhered to each side.
- Two Rhinestones were colored with a Black Sharpie Pen and added to the label sides.
- The eyes in the Spooky image were colored with Cucumber Crush Marker.
So…spooky or tame??? OK…next up on the Blog Hop is the Create with Connie and Mary website where you can sign up for our NEW AUGUST 2015 mini session, then continue on over to Mary’s blog!
Stamps: Among the Branches
Inks: Cucumber Crush, Basic Black Archival Ink
Cardstock: Cucumber Crush, Whisper White
Accessories: In Color Patterns Collection Paper Stack, Black Glimmer Paper, Rhinestones, 2″ Circle Punch, Decorative Label Punch
But first, our new AUGUST MINI SESSION will open on August 19, don’t miss out! The next stop at Create with Connie and Mary website will give you more details and a chance to sign up!
Here’s my card for the Tip Top Taupe Blog Hop! This photo really doesn’t show off how PRETTY it is in real life! The leaves do look REAL and are nice and velvety looking! It was hard to get a good photo of them!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Tip Top Taupe, folded in half.
- Another 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Tip Top Taupe was embossed with the Brick Embossing Folder.
- Craft White Ink was rubbed over the top of the raised bricks, being careful not to rub into the “grout” of the bricks.
- The Vintage Leaves were stamped with Archival Black Ink (new in the Holiday Catalog!) on Tip Top Taupe cardstock and then watercolored with Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive and Crushed Curry Makers. While the cardstock was still wet, I went over the leaves in some areas with the Markers full strength to add vibrancy.
- The leaves were crumbled and then placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Grateful for You from A Little Something was stamped with Tip Top Taupe Ink on Whisper White, then punched with the 1-1/2 Circle Punch. It was placed in the leaves with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally, a small acorn from the Into the Woods Elements was placed next to the circle with a Mini Glue Dot.
Isn’t that a cool looking card? I love it! OK…next up on the Blog Hop is the Create with Connie and Mary website where you can sign up for our NEW AUGUST 2015 mini session, then continue on over to Mary’s blog!
But first, our newest session of Create with Connie and Mary started last SUNDAY! We are doing a MINI Session featuring sets in the new catalog! Check out the details on Create with Connie and Mary and for a sneak peek snippet of the projects we did…it’s not too late to join!
Here’s the card I made featuring Watermelon Wonder.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 HEAVY Whisper White, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of regular Whisper White.
- The 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 layer of Watercolor Wonder was embossed with the Brick Embossing Folder. Hello from Watercolor Wishes Kit was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink. It was adhered to the front.
- The outline flower from Garden in Bloom was stamped twice with Watercolor Wonder on Whisper White and cut out. The center was stamped with the small dot in Garden in Bloom and Crushed Curry Ink. The solid leaves were stamped off with Cucumber Crush and the outline full strength Cucumber Crush and cut out.
- A 1-1/2 x 4 strip from Everyday Chic Designer Paper was placed on the front.
- The two flowers and leaves were added to the DSP with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally, a Perfect White Accent was added next to the greeting!
Love how the Watermelon Wonder color pops off against the white and black! OK…next up is the Create website so you can check out the new July Mini Session of Create with Connie and Mary, then continue on around the blog hop! Enjoy!
I used the card I made for an earlier Control Freaks New Catalog swap. I have kept it under wraps until now! I also added a coordinating little Curvy Keepsake Box! Of course, I had to use my favorite You’re Sublime stamp set!
- I used Tip Top Taupe for the base
- I added strips of Bermuda Bay, Lost Lagoon, Pool Party and Soft Sky adhered to a layer of Whisper White, then embossed it with Elegant Dots folder.
- I wrapped the Bermuda Bay Baker’s Twine around and tied a bow.
- The sub was stamped with Tuxedo Black on Whisper White, colored with Pool Party and Smoky Slate, then stamped again on Hello Honey and cut the body of the sub out and paper pieced it over the Whisper White one. It is cut with the Circle Framelit and layered on the next size circle of Tip Top Taupe. The fish were colored with Tangelo Twist.
- In the center of the sub portholes I used the Perfect White Accents and popped up the circles on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I cut the Curvy Keepsake Box from Pool Party cardstock, then stamped along the bottom with the Wild About Flowers stems in Mossy Meadow and Old Olive Inks. The fish were stamped with Tuxedo Black and colored with Tangelo Twist Marker.
- At the top, I did the submarine the same way and stamped/cut a second one so I could adhere it back to back at the top of the sub. Then the sub fits down over the tabs of the Curvy Keepsake Box, but it easy to take off and open the box since it isn’t permanently attached.
Fun, aren’t they? Now travel along to Julie Davison for the next stop on the Tour de Freaks and see what SHE came up with for the theme this month!
The theme for this week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Design Team Blog Hop is Resist Me! Using any of the resist products that Stampin’ Up! offers! Could be embossing powder or the fun Color Me Irresistable Specialty Designer Paper!
But first, our newest session of Create with Connie and Mary starts SUNDAY! We’re doing a MINI Session featuring sets in the new catalog! Check out the details on Create with Connie and Mary and for a sneak peek snippet of the projects we’ll be doing!
Here’s the card I made, I used the Color Me Irresistable Specialty Designer Paper…actually two different patterns! The DSP does ALL the work!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Crushed Curry, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, add the 2-1/4 x 5-1/4 Black Stripe pattern in the Color Me Irresistable DSP along the left side.
- Add a trim of 1/8″ Silver Ribbon to hide the seam.
- Stamp the greeting from Something to Say in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on the right side.
- The butterflies were cut from the white polka dot pattern in the Color Me Irresistable DSP package with the , then sponged with Butterfly Thinlet and colored with a sponge dauber and Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Cherry Cobbler Inks. Wipe off the excess ink on the shiny surface!
- Add a trio of small Pearls for the bodies of each of the butterflies
Isn’t that fun and OH SO EASY! OK…next up is the Create website so you can check out the new July Mini Session of Create with Connie and Mary, then continue on around the blog hop! Enjoy!
WELCOME to the Grand Vacation Achiever’s Blog Hop! We have a fun theme for you this month! Color Me New…using at least two of the new In Colors on our project!
You may just be starting the blog hop here at my blog – Connie Babbert or you may have come from the person previous to me in the list. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all the projects. At the moment you are visiting me – Connie Babbert.
I thought immediately of the Cherry on Top Designer Paper because I know it has In Colors in it! Here’s what I came up with…a Made with Love Baker’s Box along with a matching card!
Here are the details of the card:
- The 4-1/4 x 11 base is the nice HEAVY Whisper White! LOVE it!
- The Tip Top Taupe (NEW COLOR #1) layer is cut 3-3/4 x 5 and the corners rounded. The bottom was stamped with the Made with Love dotted trio image with Tip Top Taupe ink.
- A 1/2 x 3-3/4 strip of Watermelon Wonder (NEW COLOR #2) is placed towards the bottom.
- A 2-3/4 x 2-3/4 square of Cherry on Top Designer Paper was layered on a 2-7/8 x 2-7/8 Cucumber Crush (NEW COLOR #3) cardstock.
- The cute bunny from Made with Love was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White and cut with the Tags & Labels Framelits, then matted on the next size larger of Crushed Curry cardstock. Her checks and ear were colored with Pink Pirouette Marker.
- A Linen Thread bow was tied at the top of the tag and placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Baker’s Box was cut from Tip Top Taupe cardstock.
- A 2″ strip of Cherry On Top Designer Paper was pieced around the box and the 1/2″ Watermelon Wonder cardstock was trimmed at the bottom.
- The bunny from Made with Love was stamped on Whisper White, then cut with the tag from the Baker’s Box Thinlet. It was placed on a 1″ strip of Crushed Curry cardstock, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- 1/8″ holes were punched at the top of the box and tied with a double bow of Linen Thread.
Remember…you are at my blog, Connie Babbert, check out the next person below and continue on around! Enjoy!
So, here’s the front of mine!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pear Pizzazz scored at 4-1/4 to form a regular card base, then the front stamped with Hardwood Background Stamp in Pear Pizzazz Ink.
- I cut the Circle Framelit from Whisper White and stamped the Celebrate You greeting from the Birthday Blossoms stamp set in Tuxedo Black Ink and adhered it to the front.
- The flower and leaves from Birthday Blossoms were stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink, then punched with the Pansy Punch and cut out the leaves. The centers are the Petite Petals Punch from So Saffron and my favorite Perfect White Accents are in the center. A little bit of White Satin Ribbon was tied in a knot and added with Mini Glue Dots under the flowers.
- Inside a piece of 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Wisteria Wonder Cardstock was scored at 2-1/8. 4-1/4 and 6-3/8, then the same size Circle Framelit (5th from smallest) cut out the center.
- The cluster of flowers were stamped with Wisteria Wonder in each of the corners.
- The flower was stamped with Tuxedo Black on Whisper White, then punched with the Pansy Punch, the leaves stamped on Pear Pizzazz and cut out. Another Petite Petals Punch flower of So Saffron and large White Perfect Accent is in the middle.
- A 5-1/4 x 8 panel of Whisper was stamped in the center with the Happy Birthday greeting in Tuxedo Black, and adhered to the inside of the Pear Pizzazz. Then the Wisteria Wonder panel was adhered over the Whisper White. You can see it better from the top down view.