Archive for the ‘Blog Tour’ Category:
- Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets (each with 4 cards) and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
- All FIVE projects are available once the monthly mini collection opens so you immediately have all the projects and tutorials.
- Mini Sessions open on the 11th of each month.
- Sets we are using for the February session:
- What I Love
- Easter Lamb
- Balloon Celebrations
- Party Wishes
- Playful Pals
The theme this week on our Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Design Team Blog Hop is Love is in the Air! It’s that time of year! While I could have used the traditional Valentine set in the Occasions Catalog, Bloomin’ Love…I thought I’d use another one of the sets that you may not think of for Valentine’s Day cards…Bear Hugs!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Rose Red, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, the 1 x 5-1/4 strip of Rose Red Hearts in the Love Blossoms Designer Paper Stack was placed down the left side.
- Across is a 2 x 3-1/4 coordinating pattern in Love Blossoms DSP.
- A 2″ punched circle of Rose Red was placed over the DSP.
- The small bear was stamped with Early Espresso on Whisper White, then watercolored with Crumb Cake and Soft Suede Stampin’ Write Markers. It was cut with the Bear Hugs Framelits and popped up on the circle with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Three hearts were cut for the balloons from Crumb Cake, DSP and one stamped with Rose Red on Whisper White, then cut with the Framelits. They were added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Strings were hand-drawn with a Early Espresso Marker.
- The bow-tie was cut from DSP and Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper…one for the bear’s head and one for the balloons!
- Finally, an It’s My Party Enamel Dot was put in the center of the bow-tie on her head.
OK…that’s it for me…continue on around the blog by checking out the details of our February Mini Session on Create with Connie and Mary and sign up while you are there…then continue on around to Mary Brown’s blog to complete the blog hop (or go backwards to Melissa’s blog)! Enjoy the “Love is in the Air” ideas!
I knew right away I wanted to use Bear Hugs…one of the stamp sets I’m using in an upcoming Mini Session! I had an idea of making different types of bears! So…here’s my version of a brown bear, a panda bear and a polar bear…all together to celebrate a birthday!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic Gray cardstock.
- On top of that is a 3-3/4 x 5 layer of the Sale-A-Bration Designer Paper, Perfectly Artistic…it has sort of a “sky” look to it. Along the bottom is a 1 x 5 piece off Pear Pizzazz and 1/8″ Silver Ribbon wrapped around and secured in the back.
- For the brown bear, I stamped with Black Archival Ink on Whisper White and watercolored with Chocolate Chip Marker. The nose and ears I used the Crumb Cake Marker.
- For the panda bear, I inked up the ears, arms, legs and around the eyes, nose and chest with a Basic Black Marker and stamped on Whisper White
- For the polar bear, I inked up the edges with Smoky Slate Marker and the nose, eyes and mouth with Basic Black marker then stamped on Whisper White.
- They were all cut with the Bear Hugs Framelits and added to the “ground” with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting from Suite Sayings was stamped with Basic Black in the upper right corner.
- The Banner was punched from Pear Pizzazz and added to the left top corner with a Perfect White Accent in the center.
Ok…what do you think? Like my bears? I have a couple more cards using them coming up to show you, too! I made several when I was playing around with them! Next up is my good friend, Mary Brown…or go back to see what Melissa Davies has done!
Another Saturday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! This week’s theme is Very Vellum…different ways to use Vellum on our cards, either printed or plain.
OK…I’ll admit. I rarely use vellum. I feel awkward using it! Isn’t that weird? I really don’t know why, but I just don’t pull it out of my stash, even the pretty printed ones like this Botanical Gardens Designer Paper Stack you can get for FREE with your Sale-A-Bration selection! Don’t get me wrong, I love what OTHERS do with it…just not me so much! So, my first card I decided I really didn’t like that much and I ended up starting over and made this one that I like MUCH better!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 piece of Birthday Bouquet Designer Paper.
- On top of that is the small floral print in the Botanical Gardens Vellum Stack, adhered with Mini Glue Dots in the corners.
- Across the front is the reverse Mint Macaron dotted print cut 1-1/4 x 4 with a 1/4 x 4 strip of Blushing Bride cardstock added along the top portion.
- The greeting from Suite Sayings was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Whisper White, then cut with the Oval Framelits and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The flower was cut out of a scrap piece of Designer Paper and adhered with a Stampin’ Dimensional next to the oval.
- Two Itty Bitty flowers were bunched from Blushing Bride and added next to the flower.
- The yellow It’s My Party Enamel Dots were added to the centers for a pop of color!
You like? I do! Make sure to continue around the Blog Hop to see what the other Design Team members did with this challenge…I’m sure they are all FABULOUS…and they probably didn’t have any issues with vellum at all! lol!
OK…You can go backwards to Melissa Davies blog, but make sure to go forward to check out our Create with Connie and Mary website to see all about our January Mini Session AND the fabulous Valentine Bonus Project…then continue on around the Blog Hop to Mary Brown’s blog for more inspiration on cards with vellum!
When deciding what to do, my new Blossom Punch Bunch came in on my order. I immediately thought the smallest blossom would be perfect to use as “confetti” in my shaker card this week! I also added some Brights Sequins for a little extra “shake” and color!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Basic Black, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of It’s My Party DSP, a large circle was cut with the Circle Framelit. Along the bottom, the stem in the stamp set, Grateful Bunch was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and watercolored with Mint Macaron Marker and AquaPainter.
- On the back of the DSP, I added a 3-1/2 x 3-1/2 piece of Window Sheet, then added pieces of Stampin’ Dimensionals to form a circle around the opening and trap all the small pieces.
- I also cut a 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White and adhered it to the front of the Basic Black base card, stamped the Grateful Bunch greeting with Tuxedo Black Ink so that it would appear thru the circle opening.
- I stamped the smallest flower several times on Mint Macaron, Crushed Curry and Melon Mambo cardstock with Tuxedo Black Ink and punched with the Blossom Bunch Punch. They were added in a pile to the center of the circle area, along with some Brights Sequins.
- The top DSP layer was added over top to make the shaker card.
- I also stamped the large and middle flower images in Grateful Bunch with Tuxedo Black ink on Melon Mambo and Crushed Curry, punched them out and added them to the bottom of the circle by the stem.
- A Mint Macaron It’s My Party Enamel Dot was perfect for the center.
Isn’t that fun? I love the confetti look of the DSP and then the shaker flower bits!
OK…You can go backwards to Melissa Davies blog, but make sure to go forward to check out our Create with Connie and Mary website to see all about our January Mini Session AND the fabulous Valentine Bonus Project…then continue on around the Blog Hop to Mary Brown’s blog for more inspiration on shaker cards!
I hope my card meets that criteria…after it was done and I was getting ready to post, I had second thoughts! But, in my mind it does fit the criteria…I don’t count the punches as layers or embellishments. lol!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White cardstock, folded in half.
- On top the 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Night of Navy cardstock was embossed with the World Traveler Embossing Folder. I placed it on the base at an angle, then trimmed off the excess.
- The greeting from Going Global stamp set was stamped in the lower right corner with Real Red Ink.
- The globe from Going Global was stamped with Night of Navy on Whisper White, then punched with the 2″ Circle Punch and layered on the 2-3/8″ Scallop Circle punched from Real Red Glimmer Paper and adhered to the front.
- The Love banner from one of the other greetings was stamped with Real Red Ink, the banner cut by hand and layered over the globe with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally, two Real Red Candy Dots for embellishments were placed in the upper right corner.
OK…next stop is our Create with Connie and Mary website to find out more about our January 2016 Mini Session that will be starting soon! Here are a few details! Then continue around to Mary’s blog!
We are getting ready for our JANUARY 2016 MINI SESSION with a projects using stamp sets from the new Occasions Catalog and Sale-A-Bration brochures! Get some great ideas for your January, February and Spring classes! You are going to LOVE these! And check out the VALENTINE SPECIAL BONUS below! Here are the details:
* Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
* All FIVE projects are available once the monthly mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials)!
*Mini Sessions open on the 11th of each month
Sets we are using for the January session:
- Flowering Fields
- Botanical Blooms
- Apple of My Eye
- First Sight
- Beautiful RIde
Sets we will be using for the February Mini Session:
- What I Love
- Easter Lamb
- Balloon Celebration
- Party Wishes
- Pyramid Pals
JANUARY & FEBRUARY 2016 MINI SESSIONS,
plus BONUS VALENTINE project
Check out Create with Connie and Mary for more details!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White cardstock.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic Black is on top.
- The Gold Metallic Foil Cardstock is cut 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 and stamped with the largest snowflake in Black Stazon and the greeting in Black Stazon.
- The middle snowflake was stamped with Versamark on Whisper White, then embossed with Gold Embossing Powder and punched with the Flower Medallion Punch.
- The smaller snowflake was stamped on Gold Metallic Paper with Versamark and embossed with Gold Embossing Powder, then punched with the Snow Flurry Punch.
- The layers of snowflakes are popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- In the center is a Perfect White Accent.
Yep! That’s it! SUPER easy and lovely GOLD! OK…next stop is our Create with Connie and Mary website to find out more about our November AND December Mini Sessions! We’ll be using some new sets in the Occasions Catalog for our December one! Check out the details there!
It’s Saturday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! We are featuring traditional Christmas colors for this week’s hop! Check out these fun ideas from our Design Team!
To me, poinsettias are Christmas! I love seeing them all over the place, especially the red ones. I wish I could have one (or more!) in my home, but my CAT loves to eat leaves off any real plant. Since I believe I’ve heard that poinsettias are poisonous to small animals, I haven’t had any around on display. Because poinsettias are very traditional, I used Reason for the Season this week. This idea could also be used as a stand-along tag if you needed an idea for those!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Mossy Meadow cardstock (my favorite green this year!).
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, embossed with the Woodgrain folder.
- A 2 x 3-1/4 strip of Merry Moments DSP was punched at the top with the Ornate Tag Topper punch. Some Thick Cherry Cobbler Twine was tied thru the hole. It was attached to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Reason for the Season stamp set poinsettia outline was stamped (twice) with Black Archival Ink, then the petals with Real Red and leaves with Old Olive. An AquaPainter was used to add more Real Red and Old Olive colors in the images. The full image was cut, then just the center portion of the second one was cut, then adhered together with a Stampin’ Dimensional. It was placed on the tag with more Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Peace be with you from the same stamp set was stamped with Mossy Meadow Ink on a 3/4 x 1-1/2 strip of Whisper White and cut into a flag end, then tucked under the poinsettia. It is adhered with another Stampin’ Dimensional.
- In the center of the Poinsettia is a few drops of the Gold Dazzling Details and adds a little sparkle!
OK…next up on the Blog Hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website so you can find out more about signing up for our November (and December bonus!) subscriptions, then continue onto Mary’s blog from there! Our November session is NOW OPEN!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Pool Party cardstock folded in half.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Bermuda Bay is embossed with the Stripes Embossing Folder.
- The greeting is stamped on the 3 x 4 piece of Whisper White with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink in the lower right corner.
- A strip of Silver Glimmer Paper is added to the bottom of the Whisper White.
- The poinsettia was made by stamping the medium image 8 times and the duo small image twice with Versamark on Cardstock Vellum and embossing with Silver Embossing Powder. The large image was stamped 6 times on Cardstock Vellum and embossed with Silver Embossing Powder. All were punched with the Festive Flower Punch.
- For the flower portion, the back was sponged with Bermuda Bay Ink and the leaves with Old Olive Ink.
- A 2″ Circle of Cardstock Vellum was punched and then petals and leaves added with Mini Glue Dots. The petals were pinched to give them some dimension.
- Perfect White Accents were added to the center.
- The poinsettia was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how this turned out! It is even prettier in person! OK…next up is the Create with Connie and Mary website where you can find out about the LIMITED TIME SPECIAL we have going on if you subscribe to both our November and December Mini Sessions! You’ll get a BONUS WINTER PROJECT that I think you are going to love! Check out the details over on Create with Connie and Mary, then continue on the blog hop to see what the awesome Mary Brown came up with this week!
Some of my favorite non-traditional colors for Christmas are pink and blue and I wanted to use the tree in Cheer All Year. So, here’s my version for this year!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Pink Pirouette folded in half.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Soft Sky was embossed with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder.
- Along the bottom of Soft Sky, Whisper White was torn in strips to form snow banks.
- The tree from Cheer All Year was stamped with Pink Pirouette twice on scrap Whisper White, the trunks colored with Chocolate Chip Marker. Hand-cut the trees out, or the Tree Framelits work with this set, too! Adhere them on the snow banks with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The dots in the trees were colored with Silver Details and the Stars for the tops punched with the Small Star Punch and Silver Glimmer Paper.
- Stamp Christmas Cheer from Cheer All Year with Chocolate Chip Ink in the upper left corner.
- Add Clear Dazzling Details to the snow banks for some extra bling!
OK…continue around the tour to see the rest of the Create with Connie and Mary Design Team creations! Next up is Mary Brown!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Hello Honey, folded in half. The bottom corners are rounded with the Project Life Corner Rounder.
- The 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White has the Thankful greeting in the hostess set, Six Sayings, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The bottom corners are also rounded.
- The leaf from Lighthearted Leaves is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on scrap Whisper White, then colored with Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey, Old Olive, and Rich Razzleberry Stampin’ Write Markers. It was then cut with the Leaflet Framelits and popped up on the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Gold Cording was tied in a bow, and added to the stem with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Finally, three orange sequins from the Brights Collection were added with the Fine Tip Glue Pen (LOVE that stuff!)
OK…check out the rest of the Create with Connie and Mary Design Team cards by continuing on the Blog Hop. Your next stop is the Create with Connie and Mary website where you can find out about our NEW October 2015 Mini Session! It opens on October 11th! Here are a few details:
Sets used for this collection:
- Holly Jolly Greetings
- Vintage Leaves
- Your Presents
- Happy Scenes
- Thankful Forest Friends
- BONUS: Reason for the Season
Here’s a little teaser for our October Collection…so…what are you waiting for? Join today!