Archive for the ‘Cards’ Category:
I usually don’t show my Stamp Club cards…I try to keep them exclusive to my monthly Stamp Club Members. However, this one was just too cute not to share! I used Holiday Home and a little punch art! Anyone remember the movie “UP”?
I like to send out “just moved” or “moving” cards. This one is lots of fun! One of my members mentioned that she would be making these for her son-in-law who is a realtor! What a great idea!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Basic Gray, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Cherry Cobbler.
- On the 3 3/4 x 5 layer of Soft Sky, I stamped the trees along the bottom in Early Espresso Ink. I stamped Happy New Home in Tuxedo Black ink.
- The house was stamped with Tuxedo Black ink on scrap Whisper White and the roof and trim colored with Smoky Slate Ink, the door with Cherry Cobbler and the windows with So Saffron. I used the Framelits to cut it out.
- The balloons were punched from Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Bermuda Bay, Wild Wasabi and Pumpkin Pie cardstock, along with the small heart (Owl Punch) for the bottoms. I added them to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I used the White Chalk Pen to draw the “highlight” on the balloons.
- I punched two clouds with the Cupcake Punch and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals, too.
- Finally, I used the Smoky Slate Marker to draw the strings for the balloons down to the house.
I love how it turned out! Do you like?
Love this Fall set in the Holiday Catalog! And extremely happy there are matching Framelits to go along with them! They definitely made this card easier to make!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Crumb Cake, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Soft Suede on top.
- I used a 1 x 5″ piece of Color Me Autumn Designer Paper along the right side.
- Next I cut one of the shapes in Apothecary Accents from Whisper White, stamped Hello Fall from For All Things on it with Soft Suede Ink, then cut off the bottom tab portion of it and placed it on the front with Stampin’ Dimentionals.
- I stamped the leaves in Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and Mossy Meadow, then cut them with the Fun Fall Framelits. I arranged them in a “cascade swag” on the front.
- I tied a double bow of Linen Thread and added it to the front with a Mini Glue Dot.
I was super excited with how it turned out! Hope you like it, too!
Wow…can you believe it is the END of PREVIEW WEEK over on Create with Connie and Mary…and you’ll need to be a subscriber to see the EXCLUSIVE card sets we will be showing? We start our Holiday Card “Create”tions on Sunday, August 31st and you won’t want to miss it!
Today it is my turn to offer a FREE TUTORIAL using Cheerful Christmas stamp set! I think you will enjoy the variety in my card set! The FREE TUTORIAL is available over on Create with Connie and Mary today! But first…check this out:
Want more ideas using products from the Holiday Catalog? Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Card “Create”tions starts Sunday! This time we are doing an ALL CARD collection during the 3 weeks (one week Halloween/Fall and two weeks Christmas) for only $19.95! So head over to Create with Connie and Mary to learn more and subscribe today!
Here are my individual cards:
And…don’t forget to leave a comment here TODAY to be entered for BLOG CANDY! Win a FREE subscription to our Holiday Card “Create”tions! Winners will be announced tomorrow. If you’ve already signed up and win…don’t worry, we’ll apply your win towards a future Card “Create”tions collection!
So…now go collect that FREE TUTORIAL over on Create with Connie and Mary!
It’s Day 5 of PREVIEW WEEK over on Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Card “Create”tions 2014! We are doing one week of Halloween/Fall card sets and two weeks of Christmas! Don’t delay in signing up…we start on Sunday and you won’t want to miss anything! For only $19.95 US, you’ll get over 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas not shown ANYWHERE else! Today we are also introducing two more members of our Design Team and they each have BLOG CANDY! So, stop by Create with Connie and Mary and see where you need to go enter! We have several FREE subscriptions to give away!
Tomorrow is my day to show you a free tutorial using a set from the Holiday Catalog…but today I’m giving you a HINT of which set I’ll be showing! You’ll need to stop by tomorrow to see the matching card set! When we were first married, we had a white flocked Christmas tree with red & white ornaments. My husband’s grandmother embroidered some red ornaments just like this for our tree, along with some red bows! I know I still have them in a box, although my tree is now done in gold and bronze colors. This card really reminds me of them!
Here are the details!
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 of Real Red cardstock, folded in half.
- I embossed the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White with the Lucky Stars Embossing Folder.
- I added two 1/2 x 5 strips of Nordic Noel Designer Paper along each side…love that candy stripe!
- On Real Red cardstock, I embossed the floral medallion with White Embossing Powder, then cut it with the Heart Framelits and popped it up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I stamped Merry & Bright from Christmas Bliss with Red Red on Whisper White and cut it with one of the Project Life Framelits. I layered it on a Designer Label Punch of Silver Glimmer Paper! I love how those two compliment each other!
- Finally, I tied a Nordic Designer Button with White Bakers Twine and added it to the center of the medallion with Mini Glue Dots!
Do you like? I love red and white cards! Don’t forget to check out the Design Team members for Holiday Card “Create”tions today over on Create with Connie and Mary!
It’s Thursday and time for the weekly challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! It is a Color Challenge this week…hope it gets you inspired to make something great!
I thought right away of using my Four Feathers stamp set…it hadn’t been inked up yet! But, I love that it has coordinating Framelits to match the feathers! And feathers are REALLY hot right now in decorating…have you noticed them?
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Pool Party folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Hello Honey!
- On the 3 3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White, I stamped the Dotty Angles image with Hello Honey ink.
- Next I used It’s Your Birthday from Big News stamp set with Basic Gray ink.
- I stamped two of the feathers in Four Feathers with Pool Party ink on Whisper White, then cut with the Feathers Framelits Dies. I tied some Daffodil Delight Bakers Twine in a double bow and adhered it over the feathers. They were popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally, I colored some Rhinestones with the Coastal Cabana Blendabilities Markers (darkest one) and added them to the front and the Exclamation Point!
I love the fun, whimsical look to this card and hope you enjoy it, too!
So…don’t forget…it is Holiday Card “Create”tions PREVIEW WEEK over on Create with Connie and Mary. Make sure to sign up for our next session starting on Sunday! We are doing one week of Fall/Halloween card sets and two weeks of Christmas…NOTHING BUT CARDS…for only $19.95 US!
It’s Day 3 of our Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Card “Create”tions 2014 Preview Week! Today we have another FREE TUTORIAL and BLOG CANDY for you, brought to you by the fabulous Debbie Henderson! Go check out her fun card set over on Create with Connie and Mary! While you are there, don’t forget to sign up…we will be starting our session on Sunday and you don’t want to miss a thing! We have three weeks filled with one week of Fall/Halloween card set ideas and two weeks of Christmas/Winter card set ideas! NOTHING but cards! Over 72 card EXCLUSIVE ideas for only $19.95 US! These ideas won’t be shown anywhere else!
To celebrate, I made up another Fall card using For All Things. I love how this turned out with the flower in front of the leaves and the bold background print from Color Me Autumn Designer Paper!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Cajun Craze, folded in half.
- On top I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Color Me Autumn Designer Paper
- I used the Fun Frames Folder and Very Vanilla cardstock and embossed the frame, then cut it out. I stamped Hello Fall from the same Stampin’ Up! For All Things stamp set with Chocolate Chip ink.
- The leaf from For All Things was stamped with Chocolate Chip, Hello Honey and Mossy Meadow Inks on Very Vanilla. Yes…they will be faded and light because of the way the leaf image is made…it is supposed to look distressed! I cut them out and added them to the left side of the frame with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I used the Pansy Punch and Cajun Craze cardstock and punched the flower twice, layered it together with Stampin’ Dimensionals and scrunched the petals. I added a 7/8 Scallop Circle punched from Hello Honey in the center and scrunched it up, too. Finally, I added an Early Espresso Neutrals Button tied with Linen Thread in the center and adhered to the front.
I love the fall look this card creates! And I’m happy to have a Hello Fall greeting back in our lineup!
Don’t forget to go check out Debbie Henderson’s fabulous FREE TUTORIAL today and a chance to get a FREE subscription to our new Holiday Card “Create”tions edition over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Wow…2 posts in one day! The first one is a cute Halloween card for the SUO Challenge, so make sure you check it out, too! I just got out my new Fall Fest stamp set to celebrate Day 2 of Create with Connie and Mary PREVIEW WEEK for the Holiday Card “Create”tions. We are introducing two members of our Design Team today! Go check them out!
I always am drawn to white pumpkins when I see them for sale or on display. I don’t see them in the pumpkin fields (wonder why not?). I had to play around a little to get the color “white” that looked real to me. I ended up with White Craft Ink on Sahara Sand…the slight greenish cast to Sahara Sand seemed to look the most realistic. So…here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Very Vanilla, folded in half.
- The 4 x 5 1/4 layer is embossed with Delicate Dots folder.
- I mimicked the dots with the green pattern in Color Me Autumn DSP and cut a 1 x 4 piece to go across the front.
- I used the Circle Framelits to cut my Very Vanilla circle and tucked it under the DSP.
- The white pumpkin is White Craft stamped on Sahara Sand and then Pumpkin Pie on Very Vanilla for the other one. I colored the stems with my Mossy Meadow Marker and cut them out with the Fall Fun Framelits, then placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I stamped two small leaves with Mossy Meadow Ink and also cut them with the Fall Fun Framelits.
- The greeting from Holiday Cheer (Project Life) I stamped with Pumpkin Pie and cut with the Circle Framelit. It was tucked under the pumpkins.
- I thought it needed just a little more, so I colored two Rhinestone with the Old Olive Blendabilities Markers and added them to the leaves. Then I wrapped some Linen Thread in a circle and added it to the front with a Mini Glue Dot! It really finished off the card!
So…don’t forget…it is Holiday Card “Create”tions PREVIEW WEEK over on Create with Connie and Mary. Go check out today’s Design Team members and the BLOG CANDY they have for you! AND…sign up for our next session starting on Sunday! We are doing one week of Fall/Halloween card sets and two weeks of Christmas…NOTHING BUT CARDS…for only $19.95 US!
This week on SUO Challenges, our theme is Clean & Simple cards. Well, I think I did the challenge justice, even though I used a lot of products on here! The idea was just stuck in my head and HAD to come out on paper! Anyone else get that way? I actually did TWO versions…the first one I’ll show at another time, but after it was finished I thought the circle looked like a moon, so had to re-do it with THIS card! lol!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Whisper White, folded in half.
- I cut a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Basic Black. Along the bottom I added a 1-1/4 x 4 piece of Motley Monsters Designer Paper, and wrapped the Daffodil Delight Bakers Twine around three times and tied a knot.
- I cut a large circle from Crushed Curry with the Circle Framelits and on the inside I cut out the ghost shape from Fun Fall Framelits. I adhered a smaller Whisper White circle to the back with Stampin’ Dimensionals and sponged around the edges with Tangerine Tango Ink. I drew the face by hand with a Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker.
- The two bats from Holiday Cheer (Project Life) were stamped with Tuxedo Black ink on the “moon”
- I stamped Fright Night from Holiday Cheer with Tuxedo Black on Tangerine Tango, cut with the smaller Circle Framelit and adhered to the left side of the card.
That ‘s it! So…what do you think? I love the ghost floating on the moon! Go check out the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team and see what they did with the Clean & Simple theme this week!
WOOHOO! Today is the FIRST day of Preview Week over on Create with Connie and Mary! We are getting ready to launch our nothing but cards, Holiday Card “Create”tions 2014! We are doing one week of Halloween/Fall Card Set Tutorials and two weeks of Christmas/Winter Card Set Tutorials and you don’t want to miss out! These are perfect for classes, stamp clubs and stamp camps…or use the ideas for your personal stash! Today Mary Brown has a FREE TUTORIAL using Stampin’ Up!’s Fall Fest for you to download! AND…she is giving away BLOG CANDY! Make sure to go to Create with Connie and Mary to find out how to win a FREE subscription to our Holiday Card “Create”tions 2014!
To celebrate the first day of PREVIEW WEEK, I made up a CAS (Clean & Simple) card using the same set, Fall Fest! Check it out! I was inspired by a card I did a few years ago with a mummy stamp lined up in a row…but these bright colored ghosts are twice as fun!
Here are the VERY simple details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Sahara Sand, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Basic Black cardstock.
- Along the bottom are two 3/8″ strips of Motley Monsters Designer Paper (great way to use up scraps!)
- I stamped the ghost image in Tangerine Tango, Crushed Curry and Bermuda Bay on Whisper White and cut them with the Fun Fall Framelits. On the middle one I added a red Heart sequin! They are popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I also stamped Happy Halloween from And Many More in Tuxedo Black Ink on Whisper White and cut it with the Word Bubble Framelits then adhered to the top.
See…told you it was VERY simple, but the bright colors of the ghosts really POP off the Basic Black! Now…go check out Create with Connie and Mary and get more details on the FREE TUTORIAL and BLOG CANDY we have for you today! And don’t forget to sign up while you are there!
WOOHOO! My customers have been telling me they got their Holiday Catalogs, so time to break out some cards using the new Holiday Catalog products! They aren’t available until August 28th…but start making your list now! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary challenge this week and I pulled out the new Holiday Catalog Halloween stamp set, Tee-Hee-Hee to use. I love all the greetings in it! So clever! We have a fun sketch for you to try this week…pull out your stamps and play along!
And here is my card! Isn’t it FUN? I love the colors in the new Halloween DSP, Motley Monsters! I used a variety of the patterns on here!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Bermuda Bay, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Basic Black on top.
- I cut the Motley Monsters DSP into 1″ strips, then cut them into unequal portions and adhered them on front.
- I stamped the witch costume with Tuxedo Black on Whisper White, then punched with the 2 3/8″ Scallop Circle Punch. I layered it on a 2 1/2 Circle Punch of Bermuda Bay and adhered it with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I cut the Word Bubble Framelit from Crushed Curry, then stamped the greeting with Tuxedo Black inside the bubble and added it to the front. I also stamped the broom on Crushed Curry and hand-cut it out, then placed next to the costume.
- Finally, I colored the rhinestones with the Coastal Cabana Blendabilities and placed them under the greeting for a little bling!
Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team this week over on Create with Connie and Mary and see what they did with the sketch! And, don’t forget…we are getting ready fo the new Holiday Card “Create”tions 2014…starting soon!
We are getting ready to start out NEW Holiday Card “Create”tions Edition later this month! We will be showing card sets featuring stamps and products in the new Holiday Mini! We will have one week of Fall/Halloween cards and TWO full weeks of Christmas/Winter cards! Sign up today over on Create with Connie and Mary…only $19.95 US for over 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas using 18 different stamp sets!