Archive for the ‘Cards’ Category:
Stampin' Up! has an amazing Demonstrator Support team! Every time you call in with a question or problem, they are on hand to help graciously! The demos have gotten together to show our LOVE by taking this week to show our appreciation! Here's my card for #weloveDS Appreciation Week! So THANKS SO MUCH Demonstrator Support!!!
I borrowed the general layout for this card from Deb Currier, but switched out the stamps and colors. I had the little flowers from Stampin' Up!'s Peaceful Petals already made and sitting on my desk, and they worked perfectly for the look I wanted to achieve!
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Strawberry Slush cardstock, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Soft Sky cardstock.
- On the 4×4 panel of Sahara Sand, I stamped the Hardwood background stamp with Sahara Sand ink. It is layered on a 4 x 4 1/4 piece of Basic Black cardstock and placed on the front.
- I punched a 2 1/2" Circle from Shimmer White and pierced holes around it with the template. I stamped Thank You So Much from Lots of Thanks stamp set with Black Stazon and added to the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I stamped the flowers and leaves from Peaceful Petals in Black Stazon on Shimmer White and watercolored with Strawberry Slush, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green and Crushed Curry Stampin' Write Markers, then cut them out and adhered on the front.
- Finally, I cut a couple 3/4" strips of Basic Black and Strawberry Slush and tucked them under the circle.
I'm happy with how mine turned out!
So, again THANK YOU to our remarkable Demonstrator Support Team and everyone who works so hard at the Home Office!
The theme this time over on SUO Challenges is Featuring Flowers! Well, isn't that an easy one for me! I have to hold myself back from using flowers all the time! I always say, no more flower sets…but end up ordering the newest ones each year! With the NEW catalog coming out soon, I'm excited to see what new ones they have for us! This one I decided to use Punch Flowers in a crisp white color with some of the Eastern Elegance Designer Paper!
This came together very quickly! Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Whisper White, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Eastern Elegance Designer Paper to the front.
- I cut a 2 1/2 x 5 1/4 piece of Crushed Curry cardstock and measured the center point at 2 5/8", then cut from the sides to the center point to make an "envelope" look on the front. I embossed this piece with the Perfect Polka Dots folder.
- Next I punched two Pansy Punches and two Petite Flower Punches out of Whisper White and layered them together with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I cut two Itty Bitty flower punches (RETIRING SOON!) from the same DSP and placed them in the center of the flowers with Rhinestone Jewels.
- I cut two Little Leaves Sizzlet (on the RETIREMENT LIST) from Pear Pizzazz and added them to the front of the card with Mini Glue Dots, then added the White Flowers.
- Finally, I stamped Hello from Four You in Black Stazon on the front DSP.
Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team over on SUO Challenges this time! Then grab your flower stamps and play along!
We are aware that Create with Connie and Mary is currently unavailable. Typepad has had server issues over the past several days and all their blogs have been up and down. Typepad is working on the problem and is hoping to have it up as quickly as possible. Remember, our Card Create-tions 2014 website will be available until NEXT March, so you'll be able to access all the card set projects until then!
Thanks for your patience!
This month's Tour de Freaks theme is "Non-Gender Specific"…that kind of cracks me up! Anyway…projects that can be used for either male or female is how I interpreted it! The Control Freaks have a short, but sweet, tour for you this month! Come take the tour! You've probably just come from Justin Krieger's blog…weren't his projects fun!
I decided to use my On Film Framelits…I haven't used them much…and matched them with Film Strip and Hip Notes Stamp Sets! I used a Black/White/Silver theme and love how they turned out! There is a card and matching gift card holder. My daughter-in-law always asks for photo processing gift cards (she uses them a LOT with Carter!), so this will be perfect for her!
Here's a closeup of the card. The cameras from the On Film Framelits are embossed on Silver Cardstock…and there is a touch of Silver Glimmer across the bottom. I also used Gorgeous Grunge in the background with Neutrals Designer Paper Pack. The Filmstrip stamp (did you even know Stampin' Up! carried it???) I extended by piecing it together.
And here is the matching gift card holder. I used the same stamp sets and details on it, along with the Pop N Cuts Card Base Die.
Inside is a stand-up piece to hold the gift card. I cut the opening with the Word Window Punch.
Make sure to continue on around the rest of the Blog Tour. Next up is my good friend, Debbie Henderson…I always ADORE her work and am sure you will, too!
Just FYI – Typepad has been having server issues the past few days because of a hacker.
If you get stopped on the tour, here is the lineup to work around it:
Justin Krieger: www.jkcardsonline.com
Connie Babbert: www.inkspiredtreasures.com
Debbie Henderson: www.debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.com
Cindy Elam: www.heartsdelightcards.blogspot.com
LeeAnn Greff: www.flowerbug.typepad.com
Wendy Weixler: www.wickedlywonderfulcreations.blogspot.com
Mary Brown: www.stampercamper.com
Judy DiScipio: www.judystamps.blogspot.com
Barb Mulikin: www.barbstamps.com
We have a fun sketch challenge for you to try over on Create with Connie and Mary! My mind went several different ways when I saw the sketch. I ended up deciding to use Stampin' Up!'s Eggstra Spectacular one more time before Easter! I think it turned out kind of fun! But, I really LOVE what the rest of the Challenge Team did! Make sure to check them out over on Create with Connie and Mary this week!
And here is my card! Aren't the bright Easter Eggs fun? I can hardly wait for our grandson, Carter, to enjoy his first Easter Egg "hunt".
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Strawberry Slush cardstock, folded in half.
- I embossed the top 2/3 of the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White with the Perfect Polka Dots folder.
- Along the bottom, I added a 1 x 5 1/4 piece of Kaleidoscope Designer Paper, then a small strip of Basic Black cardstock to hide the seam.
- I stamped the egg from Eggstra Spectacular three times with Black Stazon on Crushed Curry, Strawberry Slush and Bermuda Bay cardstock, then punched with the Extra Large Oval Punch. They are popped up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Since the eggs had the "greeting", I stamped the row of Easter eggs with Black Stazon on Whisper White and colored with Markers. I cut a flag end and placed the strip across the eggs.
- Finally, I added a small Petite Petals flower of Crushed Curry with an Itty Bitty Flower Punch of Strawberry Slush to the end, with a Rhinestone in the center.
Kind of fun and unusual Easter card, don't you think? I had fun with it!
It's not too late to join Card "Create"tions 2014! We are in the almost at the end of our session, BUT, our website stays up for almost a year so you can refer back to the EXCLUSIVE card ideas! Each card set could be a FULL class…and the weekly favor as a bonus! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary! For $19.95 US, you are getting 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas from 18 different stap!
Grab these Weekly Specials until Monday, April 21st! Some great bargains! Click the picture to order from my ONLINE STORE! Thanks SO much!
Oh, some EXCITING news! It's finally been shared on Facebook, so I can share it here, too!
Our youngest son and DIL are expecting their first child…our second grandchild! We are BEYOND excited!
I sent them this card last month when we got the news! I used Stampin' Up!'s single stamp, Oh Baby, that was available last year (it may be available as a digital MDS…I'm not sure…I tried to find it!) But, I knew I'd use it a lot so I purchased the stamp. I combined it with Kaleidoscope Designer Paper…Strawberry Slush is Allie's favorite color! So…a little pink…a little blue with Bermuda Bay…I figure I'm covered either way! Also, notice the little heart on her tummy! Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Smoky Slate.
- I added a 3 1/2 x 3 3/4 piece of Kaleidoscope DSP on th left, then a 1 1/2 x 5 1/4 strip on the right.
- I stamped the Oh Baby image with Black Stazon on Whisper White, then used the Oval Framelit to cut it out. I popped it up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I punched two Petite Petals flowers from Crushed Curry Cardstock and added Strawberry Slush Itty Bitty flower punches in the center with Rhinestones.
- Finally, I added a little Red Glimmer Heart, punched from the Owl Punch, on her tummy!
And, we got to hang out with Carter for a while yesterday after his nap. I took this picture…look at his WILD hair! lol! Isn't he a SWEETIE! Just love him to pieces! He is 10 months old today!
Well…happy Monday! Busy week of stamping for me! Have to start working on 1st birthday invitations for this little guy!
It's Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary challenge! We have a wonderful SPRING color combination for you to try. LOVE the colors in this. BUT…I resisted using flowers on my card! lol!
I did try something new with the Fringe Scissors…or at least I hadn't seen it done before! Can you guess how I did the multi-colored fringe along the bottom?
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Whisper White, folded to make base card.
- I cut a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Daffodil Delight (don't emboss at this point).
- Next cut two 1 1/4 x 5 1/4 strips of Tangeine Tango and Gumball Green and used the Fringe Scissors on them part way. I adhered them both together. Then I took and trimmed off two Gumball Green fringes, left two, trimmed two…all the way across so that the Tangerine Tango underneath showed thru. I adhered them to the bottom of the Daffodil Delight.
- I cut a 2 x 5 1/4 Watercolor Wonder Designer Paper and covered the top edge of the Fringe.
- I embossed the top portion of Daffodil Delight and the DSP with the Perfect Polka Dots folder.
- I cut two narrow 1/4 strips of Gumball Green and Tangerine Tango and placed across the DSP seam at the top.
- Make a Wish from Perfect Pennants was inked up with Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight and Gumball Green Markers and stamped on 2 x 3 1/2 Whisper White. I used the Angled Tag Topper Punch at the bottom.
- I tied on some Daffodil Delight Chevron Ribbon thru the tag and adhered to the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Isn't this a nice CHEERFUL card? I love how it turned out…and that multi-colored fringe gives it a total different look! Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary to see their fabulous cards for the color challenge!
It's not too late to join Card "Create"tions 2014! We are in the middle of Week 2. BUT, our website stays up for almost a year so you can refer back to the EXCLUSIVE card ideas! Each card set could be a FULL class…and the weekly favor as a bonus! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary! For $19.95 US, you are getting 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas from 18 different stap!
Click on the item photos below to order from my ONLINE STORE!
This time over on SUO Challenges our theme is Easter! Since I totally LOVE the Blessed Easter stamp set, I wanted to use it one more time (at least) before Easter gets here!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Strawberry Slush cardstock.
- I added a 1 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece of Watercolor Wonder Designer Paper in the green chevron pattern along the left side.
- On top of that I cut a 3 1/2 x 4 1/2 piece of Whisper White and corner rounded two of the corners.
- I stamped the Blessed Easter image with Black Stazon ink on the Whisper White, then watercolored with my AquaPainter and Strawberry Slush and Gumball Green Markers.
- I used the Oval templates and piercing tool to make a pierced oval around the image.
- Next I added a little of the Strawberry Slush Ruffled Ribbon along the left edge.
- Finally, I thought a punched Bermuda Bay Bitty Butterfly with some rhinestones would be a pretty touch! I love how the color POPS against the Strawberry Slush color!
Simple elegance, I think! Make sure to check out the rest of the SUO Challenge team and see what they've done with the Easter theme!
It's time for another Thursday Challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! It's a fun sketch this week!
I pulled out Timeless Talk…one that I haven't used in a long time! I paired it with the I Am Me Designer Paper.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Smoky Slate, folded in half.
- I embossed the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Real Red with the Arrows Embossing Folder.
- I cut three 3/4" x 4 1/4 strips of the striped paper in I Am Me DSP and layered them across the front.
- The phone was stamped with Black Stazon on Whisper White and cut with the Circle Framelit, then added to a Starburst Framelit of Daffodil Delight. I added an Itty Bitty flower of Real Red, then a Candy Dot base and Daffodil Delight Candy Dot to the center. It's popped up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I tucked the small Starburst of Pool Party under the larger one, then added a Metal button tied with Twine leftover from the Happenings Simply Created Kit.
- The Hello There greeting was stamped with Black Stazon in the Word Bubble, then cut out by hand.
I thought some of the Just Sayin' greetings would be cute, too, but didn't want to add a THIRD set of framelits to my card! lol!
Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary and see what they have done with this FUN sketch! Then grab your supplies and play along!
We've just started our Card "Create"tions 2014 which is NOTHING BUT CARDS!!! You can still join! Our website will be available to refer back to up to a year later! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary!