Archive for the ‘Cards’ Category:
SOOOOO exciting to get new products in the mail, but frustrating when you don't get to play with them sooner! I love the Whole Lot of Love ensemble that Stampin' Up! put out (available NOW to purchase!). This little bird in Love You More stamp set especially caught my eye!
Here's what I did:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 of Real Red folded in half.
- I cut a 2 3/4 x 4 panel of Whisper White and stamped the bird image with Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake and Real Red Stampin' Write Markers towards the right side.
- I layered it on 3 x 4 1/4 panel of Real Red cardstock.
- I embossed a 5 1/4 x 4 panel of Coastal Cabana with the new Decorative Dots folder (available as a SAB selection in late January!)
- I cut a 2 x 4 strip of Fresh Prints Designer Paper Stack and layered it on top, then placed the stamped panel on top.
- I added a 1/2" strip of Red Glimmer down the left side.
- Finally, I stamped the Made with Love circle with Real Red on Whisper White and punched with the 1" Circle punch and placed at the bottom of the Red Glimmer Paper!
Isn't it fun and cheerful? I love it and love the colors in that Fresh Prints DSP Stack!
We're getting ready to launch our Valentine Special MINI Collection immediately after Christmas on December 26th! That is so we give our demo subscribers plenty of time to set up their classes! Sign up TODAY at Create with Connie and Mary so you don't miss out!
This MINI collection will be slightly different…only FOUR projects…and only $5.95 US!!!
- A mini session featuring the Whole Lot of Love Valentine stamps and accessories!
- FOUR step-by-step pictorial project tutorials…two card set tutorials and two 3D projects!
- NEW! Kits of supplies for each project will be available to purchase!
- Featuring the Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper Stack on all our projects!
- ONE tutorial revealed EACH day on Dec 26, 27, 28 and 29.
- Exclusive to subscribers, these projects will not be shown ANYWHERE else!
- Demos & Customers welcome!
This week we have a FUN color challenge for you over on Create with Connie and Mary. Perfect for the holiday season. But wait…does that layout look familiar? Yes! It's the sketch that I used for my Thanksgiving card last week! I liked it SO much, I wanted to make a Christmas card version, too. And, the stamp set I wanted to use for this color challenge worked perfectly with the sketch! Double score!!!
I love how easy it is to use the two-step stamp, Evergreen (still available on the carryover list!) For this one, the top layer of Gold Embossing really makes it SPARKLE and SHINE!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Night of Navy cardstock, folded in half.
- I added a 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 panel of Night of Navy Printed Patterns DSP in the background, rounded the top right corner, then added a 1/2 x 4 1/2 strip of Champagne Glimmer Paper next to it.
- I stamped the tree from Evergreen with Night of Navy ink on Whisper White, then embossed over it with Gold Embossing Powder and the second image. I rounded the bottom left corner with the Corner Rounder Punch. This panel is popped up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I added a Champagne Glimmer Star to the top.
- I punched the Glimmer Paper with the Artisan Label Punch, then stamped the greeting from Petite Pairs in Night of Navy on Whisper White, and punched the large oval to place on top of it. That also is raised with the Stampin' Dimensionals.
Really, the shine and sparkle on here is SOOOO pretty. And I really do love this sketch! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this week's color challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! Come play along!
This challenge this time over on SUO Challenges is Non-Traditional Christmas Cards! Wow…this one really stumped me for a little while. BUT…once I got started, I ended up doing several cards to post over the rest of the week! This one was the first one I did and I love the colors for the Wonderful Wreath! I can remember my grandma having a pink frilly wreath on her door!
I combined Strawberry Slush and Pink Pirouette for this whimsical card! Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Pink Pirouette cardstock, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Strawberry Slush cardstock.
- I embossed 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 layer of Whisper White with the Perfect Polka Dots folder and placed it on top.
- I inked up the Wonderful Wreath stamp with Pink Pirouette ink, then used my Strawberry Slush marker and colored some of the leaves, then stamped it on Whisper White cardstock.
- I cut around the outside and inside of the wreath and added Rhinestone Jewels randomly around it, then placed it on the front of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I also stamped the reindeer from Warmth & Wonder stamp set in Strawberry Slush ink and cut him out. He was placed in the center of the wreath with Stampin' Dimensionals. I added a small pearl for his eye.
- I stamped Christmas Greetings from the same Warmth & Wonder stamp set with Black Stazon on Pink Pirouette strip and cut flag ends, then tucked it under the legs of the reindeer across the wreath.
- I tied a double loop bow from White Strip Organdy Ribbon and placed on the front top of the wreath with Mini Glue Dots.
So…what do you think? It really brings back memories for me! Make sure to check out the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team for their non-traditional Christmas card ideas!
I recently held a Christmas Tag Class. I had started to go in this direction using Color Me Christmas…but then completely changed my mind. However, I had already made up these quick little tags so I thought I'd show you.
These were REALLY fast and easy to make. In fact, I need some Santa tags this year, so think I'll make up more of those!
- I used the Chalk Talk Framelits and cut the large sized bases in Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake.
- I cut a 1" strip of Season of Style to fit the larger background in various patterns and adhered towards the bottom of the tag.
- Next I cut the smaller Framelit shape for each one from Whisper White and stamped the images on them with Black Stazon.
- I used the Stampin' Write Markers and AquaPainter to watercolor the images, then punched a 1/8" hole in the top of the Whisper White.
- I adhered to the front of the base with Stampin' Dimensionals and added White Bakers Twine for a hanger!
We actually did use this darling Santa case in class to hold the tags the attendees made! The idea from a larger case I saw online. I used the half sized Wood Mount Cases for mine and scaled down the size! I just measured the outside of the case and cut the Real Red cardstock to fit.
- The 1 1/4 x 5" Whisper White strip was embossed with the Beautiful Baroque folder.
- I added a 1 1/4 strip of Basic Black across the front.
- I cut a 1 1/2 x 1 1/2" piece of Silver Glimmer Paper, then a 1 x 1" square of Basic Black was adhered over the Silver Glimmer Paper.
- Finally, I added Rhinestones for the buckle holes!
Super cute and my class LOVED them!
CYBER MONDAY SALE!!!
More things added JUST for today!
Today is the LAST DAY of the Holiday Sale! Don't miss out!!!
I feel very blessed to be part of such a wonderful community as Stampin' Up! Thank you to all who stop by and visit my blog. I truly appreciate your sweet comments and warm wishes!
Today, Create with Connie and Mary has a special sketch challenge for you to try this week! Hope you can find a few minutes over the next few days to play along!
Here's my card to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday! I'll be sharing the holiday by having 14 members of our family over for dinner!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Tangerine Tango, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Chocolate Chip.
- Next I added pieces from the Thankful Tablescape Simply Created Kit! I love that it had several different patterns of designer paper in it…the Tangerine Tango houndstooth pattern, the Chocolate Chip herringbone pattern and the birch tree pattern (that I ESPECIALLY love!) I used a little of each on my card!
- The turkey image from Harvest of Thanks was stamped once with Chocolate Chip and once with Tangerine Tango inks on Whisper White. I punched the Chocolate Chip with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch and layered it on top of the Tangerine Tango one with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Oh, I did cut the Tangerine Tango one with the Deco Label Framelits and layered it on the next size of Chocolate Chip Deco Label.
- I also added a 1/2" strip of Champagne Glimmer Paper between the layers.
- Finally, I stamped Gratitude in Chocolate Chip ink and cut it out.
Thank you, thank you! The Create with Connie and Mary Challenge Team AND Mary and I wish you many blessings in the upcoming year and are thankful that you choose to follow us! Make sure to see what the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
I received a swap card in a recent holiday swap and loved the layout. I changed it up a little by using the set, Evergreen (still available on the carryover list from Stampin' Up!) and different colors. I used this card as a M&T a couple times for a workshop and Club! The two-step stamping is easy and really looks wow!
The color combo is really wow, too…Smoky Slate, Bermuda Bay and Cherry Cobbler is really stunning together! And…that yummy Cherry Cobbler ribbon…just a little goes a LONG way! It's on SALE this week for the WEEKLY SPECIAL…don't forget to place your order here to get it! Here are the details on my card.
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Smoky Slate folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Bermuda Bay cardstock.
- The 3 3/4 x 5 layer of Smoky Slate is embossed with the Northern Flurry folder and placed on top.
- I stamped the background of Stampin' Up!'s Evergreen tree twice in Smoky Slate ink on Whisper White, then stamped the two-step loopy Evergreen image on top with Bermuda Bay ink. After I stamped, I cut it with the Oval Framelit.
- The Joyful Tidings greeting was stamped with Cherry Cobbler ink slightly over the evergreen image.
- I added Silver Glimmer punch stars to the tops with Stampin' Dimensionals (SEE MY 40% off ADHESIVE SALE!!!)
- Finally, I tied a knot with the 1 1/4 Cherry Cobbler Ribbon and added it to the front with Mini Glue Dots (also ON SALE during my 40% Adhesive sale!)
Isn't that a striking card? I loved it and so did my customers since several bought the products to make it for their Christmas card!
ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT!
STOCK UP ADHESIVE SALE!!!
First…here is the Stampin' Up! weekly special! Yes, you can add these to my ADHESIVE SALE! See details on that below! Only THREE MORE DAYS!
I just did a Christmas Tag Class that used framelits and punches to make six different tags…they did two of each! One of my favorites was the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer tag (inspired by Monika Davis from a couple years ago). I updated hers to use current product! AND…since I loved it so much, I decided to use it on a card for another class!
Isn't he CUTE??? I love the A Banner Christmas greeting on his belly, too. On the tags we left it blank to write in the To/From.
Here are the details!
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Cherry Cobbler folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Old Olive embossed with the Stylished Stripes folder.
- Along the bottom I added a 1 1/2 x 4 piece of Season of Style Designer Paper, layered on a 1 3/4 x 4 piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock.
- I also added two designer paper banners at the top.
- For the reindeer, I used two sizes of the Circle Framelits in Chocolate Chip and Whisper White and cut the top portion of the Whisper White. I added a small strip of Cherry Cobbler to hide the seam, then added Rhinestones across it.
- I punched a Large Oval from Crumb Cake for the muzzle and hand drew on it with a Basic Black marker.
- I used the largest Festive Flurry Framelit and cut it for the antlers and the hooves of Rudolph.
- His eyes are 1/4" circles of Basic Black, dotted with the White Gel Pen. His nose is a 3/8" Circle punched from Red Glimmer Paper.
- I stamped the Holly Jolly greeting from A Banner Christmas in Old Olive on scrap white and cut it out. I stamped Christmas with Chocolate Chip directly only the Whisper White.
Do you love him? I do!
ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT!
STOCK UP ADHESIVE SALE!!!
This card was made almost entirely out of scrap pieces that were on my desk or in the scrap bin. I love it when I can use them up! My Stamp Club did this card design for Club this month using a different stamp set, but I changed it up with the scraps I had to use and think it turned out pretty awesome!
I love our framelits…I'm hoping for LOTS more of them in the future! This one I used the Circle Framelits to do the peek-a-boo to the inside verse!
Here's the inside:
I love the color combination…Midnight Muse and Whisper White…nice in crisp, with a touch of the HOT Cherry Cobbler ink on the dove! Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Whisper White, folded in half.
- I cut a large circle from the 3 3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White and embossed it with the Beautiful Baroque folder. TIP: Do the embossing AFTER the cutting!
- Place that layer on the 4 x 5 1/4 Midnight Muse, then on the front of the Whisper White card base.
- Place the next smaller Circle Framelit inside the rim of the cut circle and cut thru both the Midnight Muse and base Whisper White so the inside peeks through.
- Stamp the Calm Christmas dove with Cherry Cobbler ink and cut out. Place on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Punch the leaves from the Bird Punch and Silver Foil cardstock, place in the bird's beak with Mini Glue Dots and add a small pearl for the Dove's eye.
- Inside, stamp the O Holy Night greeting on a 3 x 4 1/4 piece of Whisper White with Midnight Muse Ink, then layer on a 3 1/8 x 4 3/8 piece of Midnight Muse. Line it up so that the greeting peeks thru the front circle properly.
I love how it turned out! Hope you do, too!
ONLY 3 MORE DAYS!!!
STOCK UP ADHESIVE SALE!!!
Ahhh…it is refreshing to do a card that really isn't fall (although it could be) or Christmas! I need birthday cards for a couple men in my life…my son and my brother! The color challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary was perfect to use for one of them!
Here's my card using the single stamp, Magnificent Maple. I also used some of the awesome Sweater Weather Designer Paper!
Here are the details:
- The 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 of Always Artichoke was score in half and folded to make the base card.
- A 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Sahara Sand was placed on top.
- The Sweater Weather Designer Paper was cut with the Deco Label (on sale!) Framelit and adhered towards the right side.
- A 1" x 5 1/4" strip of the checked pattern in Sweater Weather was placed across the front.
- Magnificent Maple was stamped twice with Always Artichoke Ink on Very Vanilla cardstock, then cut out and placed on the left side.
- Linen Thread was threaded thru the Tangerine Tango (Pumpkin Pie?) button and tied in a bow.
- Finally, Make a Wish from Sweet Essentials was stamped with Always Artichoke Ink on a strip of Very Vanilla, cut with a flag end and placed on the front.
Make sure to check out the rest of the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge Team this week to see their inspirations from this color challenge! Then grab your stamps and play along!
Woohoo! WOW! WOW! WOW! LOTS of specials going on!
Stampin' Up! is again offering their Holiday Sale from Nov 20 – Dec 2! They have included a ONE DAY 24 hour only doorbuster SPECIAL to get 30% off the following 3 items:
Stampin' Trimmer, #126889,
Reg: $29.95; SALE: $20.97
Simply Scored Diagonal Plate, #125586,
Reg: $11.95; SALE: $8.37
Many Marvelous Markers, #131264,
Reg: $109.95; SALE: $76.97
and YES!!! You can combine my 40% OFF ADHESIVE SALE with this sale…but you must email me your order!
AND, here's the WEEKLY SPECIAL, too! Available Tuesday, Nov 19 thru Monday, Nov 25!
Remember, hostess credits are available with
retail orders over $150!