Archive for the ‘Cards’ Category:
I absolutely LOVE the colors on these flowers! I stamped Calypso Coral over Crisp Cantaloupe, then Blushing Bride over So Saffron for the centers! The leaves are Mossy Meadow stamped on Old Olive. They are SO striking in real life!
The holder is a
Crystal Light Container (edit: sorry, it is a Great Value Drink Mix container) that I saved…after I removed the label, the base was the perfect shade of Sahara Sand!
I used Sweet Taffy Designer Paper to wrap around the container and the Deco Label Framelit of Whisper White under the flower. The Crushed Curry Chevron Ribbon wraps around the entire container. I even decorated the top with more DSP and a little flower.
The base of the card is Calypso Coral and it really makes the flower POP! I used all the same supplies as the container, but added the greeting from And Many More and the scallop design from Boutique Borders with Mossy Meadow Ink on the Sahara Sand cardstock for a little extra whimsical look!
I really love how these turned out. Make sure to continue around the Tour de Freaks tour with your next stop as Cindy Elam…you will love her projects!
Oh, wow! It’s the LAST day of the Create with Connie and Mary Summer Collection! Can you believe it? Where did the time go? It always goes by SO fast! Although I must admit, I’ve had my projects and cards done for several weeks because of getting ready for the Create LIVE event…I didn’t think I’d survive doing both at the same time! lol!
Anyway…the awesome Design Team has used this color combination for the Week 4 challenge:
And here is my card:
Of course…I’m using Beautiful Bunch again! I love how Lost Lagoon looks stamped on Whisper White to make this flower! Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Lost Lagoon folded in half.
- I stamped the bottom 2/3s of the front with Hardwood Background Stamp with Lost Lagoon ink.
- The pennant from the Pennant Die is cut from Sahara Sand cardstock.
- I stamped the greeting from A Dozen Thoughts with Mossy Meadow on the pennant, then wrapped the Lost Lagoon Stitched Ribbon around the front and adhered in the back.
- The Beautiful Bunch flower is stamped twice with Lost Lagoon on Whisper White and punched with the Fun Flower Punch. I stamped the center with Mossy Meadow on Mossy Meadow cardstock and punched with the 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch. I added a Rhinestone Jewel for some bling. It is popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I stamped the flower again with Mossy Meadow on Mossy Meadow cardstock and cut two of the petals for leaves, then tucked them behind the flower.
OK…make sure to check out what the rest of the Summer Design Team did for our last challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
It’s Thursday and Create with Connie and Mary has a FUN color challenge for you to try this week! Since I already had my Garden Party stamp set sitting on my desk, I decided to go ahead and use it again!
These colors are direct from the Moonlight Designer Paper Pack, so I grabbed that DSP to use, too. Luckily I had a couple scraps and this came together pretty quickly! If the sketch looks familiar, it is a past CCMC challenge!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Hello Honey, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Blackberry Bliss cardstock.
- On top of that is a 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 layer of Sahara Sand. I added 1/2″ strips of the Moonlight DSP both vertically and horizontally.
- I cut the Window Frames Framelit with Blackberry Cardstock and placed it at the intersection of the DSP.
- I punched a 2″ Circle of Whisper White and stamped the border image in Garden Party across the center in Blackberry Bliss Ink. Then adhered the circle to the Window Frames Framelit.
- I stamped the flowers three times with Hello Honey Ink and three times with Sahara Sand Ink on Whisper White and cut out the blossom and leaves separately. I placed them back together in the center of the circle with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally I stamped Hooray for You! with Blackberry Bliss Ink above the DSP.
I really like how this turned out! Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team this week to see what they did with the color challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
The theme this time over on SUO Challenges is Bows, Bows, Bows! Well, you KNOW I love ribbon…so this theme isn’t a hardship for me! I have also been wanting to try something with my Blendabilities and this was perfect timing! I wanted to know if the Blendabilities would make stripes on ribbon…I found out that they will without bleeding! WOOHOO! My experiment worked! I was inspired by something I had seen done with Copics in the past!
I really let the ribbon be the star of this card and kept everything else to a minimum. Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Whisper White, folded in half.
- On the 3 3/4 x 5 layer of Crumb Cake, I stamped the leaves image from Garden Party with White Craft Ink above and below where I would be placing the ribbon. Then I rounded the corners with the Corner Rounder Punch.
- On the White Organdy Striped Ribbon, I used a clear ruler and the Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight Blendabilities to draw lines across the center of the ribbon.
- I placed a long strip of decorated ribbon, cut with flag ends, across the front of the cardstock. Then I made two loops of the remaining ribbon and secured with adhesive.
- I punched a 1 3/8″ Circle of Pumpkin Pie cardstock and used Stampin’ Dimensionals to secure it over the ribbon.
- I stamped the images in Garden Party with Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie on Whisper White and cut out the larger image, and punched the center with the 1/2″ Circle Punch.
- I colored the Rhinestone with Daffodil Delight Blendabilities marker and placed in the center.
- Finally, I stamped Hooray for You from Garden Party with Soft Suede Ink on the Crumb Cake layer.
Amazing, huh? You can customize your ribbon however you want easily with the Blendabilities markers! Make sure to check out the rest of the Bows over on SUO Challenges! Then grab your stamps and play along…can’t wait to see what you do!
Last Saturday, Mary and I did our first Create with Connie and Mary LIVE Event! A lot of work, but it turned out AWESOME if I must say so myself! Many, many people who attended came up and want us to do another one! lol! You can see more photos of the LIVE Event over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Since we went with a beach/luau theme for our LIVE event, I made up a LOT of these Hibiscus Flowers for all kinds of decorations! The Flower Frenzy Die made them easy to make! I cut the flowers from Melon Mambo, Tangelo Twist, Rich Razzleberry and Daffodil Delight. The centers were Daffodil Delight or Tangelo Twist. The leaves were Garden Green and embossed with the Delicate Dots Folder. These I sprinkled the flowers randomly around the Raffle, Food and Display tables.
I stamped WOOHOO! from Bravo Stamp Set in the center of some more flowers for Prize Patrol giveaways! Everyone went home with a Prize!
I decorated my Prize Wheel with the Flower Patch Stamp Set in colors to match!
I made some for the Name Tags for the helpers, Mary and I. I used the Apothecary Framelit for the base and layered the Sweet Taffy Designer Paper on top of chipboard to keep them sturdy and adhered a pin on the back.
After the event, I used the display flowers to make Thank You cards!
I used scraps of Sweet Taffy Designer Paper and the Watercolor Thank You on the front of Whisper White. I did add a Rhinestone Jewel to bling up the cards.
It really was lots of FUN coming up with ideas to decorate…one of my favorite parts! Again, check out Create with Connie and Mary for more photos of the actual event! It was a GREAT day!
It’s the end of Week 3 of the Create with Connie and Mary Summer Collection 2014. Just like summer, it is going by MUCH TOO FAST! We had fun doing Card Set Tutorials this past week…each Design Team Member chose a new stamp set to feature! Great ideas! It’s not too late to join! All the projects will be available for a YEAR after the session ends so you can refer back to them 24/7!!!
Every Saturday we have a challenge to end the week…this week it is a very fun Sketch Challenge…and everyone is welcome to play along!
Here’s my card…I haven’t used In This Together stamp set very much…I thought the sketch was perfect for it! The background angles give it a whimsical touch!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Whisper White, folded in half.
- I’m not even going to try to give you measurements, but I cut a piece of Sweet Taffy Designer Paper on an angle, then a piece of Melon Mambo cardstock on an angle for the background. Then I cut another design of Sweet Taffy 3/4 x 4 1/4 to go across the bottom.
- I stamped the two girls from In This Together with Black Stazon and used my AquaPainter and Stampin’ Write Markers in Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie…outlining the edges a little darker.
- I cut them out with the Circle Framelits and layered it on the next largest size of Rich Razzleberry Cardstock. It is popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I stamped the greeting with Black Stazon on Melon Mambo cardstock and punched with the Banner Punch, then layered on a larger piece of Rich Razzleberry cut with a flag end.
- Finally, I added a sprinkle of Rhinestone Jewels for the “rain” above the umbrella!
Very fun stamp set and designer paper to go with the whimsical sketch, don’t you think? Make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did with this fun sketch over on Create with Connie and Mary today!
Oh, I love the sketch this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! You have to check out all the DIFFERENT looks the Challenge Team came up with using this sketch! Amazing! Go to Create with Connie and Mary and see for yourself!
Of course, the first thing I thought of was using a flower…but, I forced myself to think out of the box and go with something a little different than my usual florals. Here is what I came up with!
I LOVE the colors in Lullaby and took them directly from the Designer Paper! Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Whisper White, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Baked Brown Sugar.
- On top of that is a 3 3/4 x 5 layer of Pistachio Pudding embossed with the Large Polka Dot folder.
- I cut the star with the Star Framelits from Lullaby DSP and then the 1/2″ x 5″ Chevron pattern, I cut one end with a point and the other with a flag end.
- The moon from Pictogram Punches was stamped with Baked Brown Sugar on Whisper White and hand cut out.
- I also stamped You’re A Star with Hello Honey Ink on Whisper White and cut a flag end on this piece, too. I punched a little star from Gold Glimmer Paper and added with a Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I also stamped two stars from Pictogram Punches in Hello Honey Ink on Whisper White and punched with the little star punch.
- Finally, I added Rhinestone Jewels to the moon and the stars!
So sweet! I love how it turned out! Again, make sure you check out the Challenge Team ideas over on Create with Connie and Mary...and grab your stamps and play along!
Mary and I are BUSY, BUSY, BUSY getting ready for our Create with Connie and Mary LIVE event on Saturday!!! Today, I’ll be working on a few display items and finish sorting my last project into bags! Can’t wait to see those that are coming!
For this card, I used a sketch from Create with Connie and Mary Week 1 Saturday challenge. Well, actually, this card was done FIRST and then I changed it out to the one that I showed earlier because I liked it better! lol! (See it here.)
Here are the details on this one:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Crushed Curry, folded in half.
- On the 3 3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White, I placed two pieces of Tangelo Twist Satin Stitched Ribbon on the left side, adhering them on the back.
- Then I added a 1 1/4 x 4 1/4 piece of Confetti Celebration Designer Paper cutting the end into a point.
- Above that I stamped Happy Cake Day with Tangelo Twist and Basic Gray Inks. LOVE that Stampin’ Up! clear stamps make it easy to line up!
- I stamped the little row of candles with Tangelo Twist and Crushed Curry markers on Whisper White, then punched with a 1 1/4″ Circle Punch.
- I layered the circle on a Hexagon Punch of Crushed Curry cardstock and popped it up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally, I added three Rhinestone Jewels, colored with the Daffodil Blendabilities! LOVE that we can do that with Stampin’ Up! product now!!!
Makes a happy “cake day” card, don’t you think?
Don’t forget my ribbon shares are still going on! Next order is July 12th!!!
We are at the end of Week 2 for the Create with Connie and Mary Summer Collection 2014! Today we celebrate by sharing a challenge with EVERYONE (only our subscribers see our daily projects). It’s not too late to join! Check out Create with Connie and Mary for more details!
I love the soft, muted colors in the Lullaby Designer Paper and this color challenge is taken directly from it!
And here is my card…I love the little mobile in this Celebrate Baby stamp set!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Coastal Cabana cardstock, folded in half.
- I embossed the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Baked Brown Sugar with the Alphabet Press Embossing Folder.
- On top, I added a 2 1/2 x 4 piece of Lullaby Designer Paper (chevron pattern).
- I cut a 2 x 3 1/2 piece of Whisper White and stamped the mobile image on it with my Baked Brown Sugar and Hello Honey Stampin’ Write Markers. I stamped it again in Coastal Cabana Ink and cut out the top of it, then placed it with Stampin’ Dimensionals over the original image.
- I used the Scallop Tag Topper Punch at the top and added Hello Honey Satin Stitched Ribbon, tied with Coastal Cabana Thick Twine.
- Along the bottom, I add a strip of the Scallop Dotted Border Punch from Hello Honey cardstock.
- I placed the tag on the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals, and added a little Rhinestone on the mobile for extra bling.
- I also cut a narrow strip of Coastal Cabana cardstock and stamped Welcome with Coastal Cabana Ink on it, then tucked it under the tag.
So sweet, isn’t it? Perfect for a baby card!
Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team’s creations using this fabulous color combination over on Create with Connie and Mary!
OK…yes…just mildly obsessed with this stamp set, Beautiful Bunch, right now! lol! Can you take another one? It’s a color challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary and I’m LATE getting my card done (real late!), so decided to pull out the set that gives me the quickest inspiration! lol!
Such patriotic colors…tomorrow is the 4th of July ALREADY! The summer is going much too fast! That always feels like the halfway point for me! But here is my card:
And the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Whisper White folded in half.
- I rounded the left side corners of the 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock and placed on the base.
- I used a 2 1/4 x 4 piece of red checked pattern from Maritime Designer Paper along the left side.
- Next is a 4 x 3 1/4 piece of Whisper White that I rounded the corners on the left side.
- I stamped the Flowering Flourishes (new to me!) with Coastal Cabana in the background.
- Then I punched the flower from Beautiful Bunch twice with Real Red Ink on Whisper White and punched with the Fun Flower punch. I stamped the center with Night of Navy ink on Whisper White and punched with the 7/8 Scallop Circle Punch. The flower is put together using Stampin’ Dimensionals on placed over the Flowering Flourish.
- I stamped Happy Birthday from And Many More in Night of Navy Ink in the bottom right corner.
- Finally, I used the light red Blendabilities marker and colored my Rhinestones red for the center of the flower and along the edge! Love being able to do that!
As a side note…could I get some PRAYERS for my husband today…he is at a very important job interview today…his 4th face-to-face interview with this company! And, don’t forget to check out all the wonderful inspiration for this color challenge by the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary! Then grab your stamps and play along!
It’s not too late to join! We’re just in the middle of Week 2 over on Create with Connie and Mary Summer Collection 2014! We are featuring NEW products from the NEW CATALOG…lots of great ideas for classes and stamp camps or gifts! Don’t miss it! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary!