Archive for the ‘Control Freaks swaps’ Category:
I have to admit…Snow Place (and the coordinating Snow Friends Framelits) was the VERY FIRST stamp bundle on my order. I use either snowmen or snowflakes on my Christmas Cards every year and this set is just TOO cute! I even told Mary that I had “dibs” on using it for my Create with Connie and Mary project (coming in November!)
And speaking of Create with Connie and Mary…we are now taking signups for the OCTOBER Mini Session! It is filled with fun Fall and Christmas projects and card ideas that you won’t want to miss! Here is a little sneak peek and a list of the stamp sets we used this month! You get 5 project tutorials PLUS a Bonus Card Set…all for only $8.95 US!
- Holly Jolly Greetings
- Vintage Leaves
- Your Presents
- Happy Scenes
- Thankful Forest Friends
- BONUS: Reason for the Season
Sign up today over on Create with Connie and Mary!
But getting back to my card! This is the card I did for my Control Freaks Christmas Card Swap last month! And, believe it or not, I didn’t use the snowman image because the penguin is just as cute!
The details for recreating this card:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Real Red, folded in half.
- The 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White is embossed with Softly Falling Embossing Folder.
- A 1/2 x 5 strip of Merry Moments Designer Paper was place across the front.
- A 3-1/2 x 3 piece of Smoky Slate cardstock was cut at an angle along the bottom and some Whisper White added for the iceberg.
- The Penguin was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Crushed Curry marker on the beak and feet, then cut with the Snow Friends Framelits. The tie was stamped with Real Red and cut with the Framelits, too.
- The Candy Cane was stamped with Real Red and used as the sign post.
- Time to Chill was stamped with Tuxedo Black on Real Red and punched with the Washi Tape Punch, then added to the sign post with a Mini Brad.
Isn’t that a FUN card? I really loved how it turned out! Hope my fellow Control Freak Swappers enjoyed it, too!
I used the card I made for an earlier Control Freaks New Catalog swap. I have kept it under wraps until now! I also added a coordinating little Curvy Keepsake Box! Of course, I had to use my favorite You’re Sublime stamp set!
- I used Tip Top Taupe for the base
- I added strips of Bermuda Bay, Lost Lagoon, Pool Party and Soft Sky adhered to a layer of Whisper White, then embossed it with Elegant Dots folder.
- I wrapped the Bermuda Bay Baker’s Twine around and tied a bow.
- The sub was stamped with Tuxedo Black on Whisper White, colored with Pool Party and Smoky Slate, then stamped again on Hello Honey and cut the body of the sub out and paper pieced it over the Whisper White one. It is cut with the Circle Framelit and layered on the next size circle of Tip Top Taupe. The fish were colored with Tangelo Twist.
- In the center of the sub portholes I used the Perfect White Accents and popped up the circles on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I cut the Curvy Keepsake Box from Pool Party cardstock, then stamped along the bottom with the Wild About Flowers stems in Mossy Meadow and Old Olive Inks. The fish were stamped with Tuxedo Black and colored with Tangelo Twist Marker.
- At the top, I did the submarine the same way and stamped/cut a second one so I could adhere it back to back at the top of the sub. Then the sub fits down over the tabs of the Curvy Keepsake Box, but it easy to take off and open the box since it isn’t permanently attached.
Fun, aren’t they? Now travel along to Julie Davison for the next stop on the Tour de Freaks and see what SHE came up with for the theme this month!
I love the swap cards I received from my Control Freak Swapper pals! Each batch is always full of great ideas from these talented gals! Here’s the card that I did for the Control Freaks Fall Swap.
I really had a lot of fun playing with the Tee-Hee-Hee stamp set for this swap! I went back and forth with Designer Papers, but decided I like the plain Wild Wasabi and Black Checkerboard look, embossed with Delicate Dots Folder. Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Whisper White, folded in half.
- On top I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Basic Black.
- I cut 2 x 5 1/4 strips of Wild Wasabi, then cut them to 3 and 2 1/4 pieces. I placed them on the Basic Black in opposite corners to get the checkerboard look.
- I cut a 2 x 3 1/2 piece of Whisper White and punched the top with the Angled Tag Punch.
- I stamped the cauldron from Tee-Hee-Hee with Tuxedo Black Ink along the bottom. I used Dotty Angles and masked off the smaller portion that was above the cauldron and inked it with Wild Wasabi ink for the bubbles.
- I punched 1/4″ circles from Silver Glimmer Paper and added them in the bubbles, and also trimmed a 1/4″ strip to go under the bottom of the tag. Then I added the Black Chevron ribbon tied with Old Olive Bakers Twine to the top of the tag. The tag was placed with Stampin’ Dimensionals on top of the checkerboard background.
- Finally, I stamped Brew Up a Little Fun with Tuxedo Black on Wild Wasabi cardstock and punched with the 1″ Circle Punch and placed on the cauldron with Stampin’ Dimensional.
Fun, isn’t it??? I loved how it turned out!
Because my order didn’t come in before my swap cards were due for the Control Freak Swappers Preorder Swap last month, I had to improvise with a new stamp set I received at Leadership, So Very Happy! I was able to use some new Designer Paper, Park Lane, because I had received it on the Stampin’ Up! Incentive Cruise, along with the Coastal Cabana Twine they wrapped our Pillow Gifts in! Nice to have new things! I’m happy with how this turned out!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Calypso Coral, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Crumb Cake on top.
- Across the bottom, I used two patterns from Park Lane Designer Paper and cut them 1 x 4.
- I cut two 2 x 3 1/2 panels of Whisper White and Coastal Cabana, then used the Scallop Tag Topper Punch on the tops.
- On the Whisper White, I stamped the owl with Black Stazon, then used my AquaPainter and Crumb Cake Marker to watercolor. I added a little Calypso Coral Marker for his beak and stamped the flag banner with Calypso Coral Ink in his wing.
- I placed the tags together with Stampin’ Dimensionals, then used the Naturals Chevron Ribbon thru the hole, and tied together with a piece of Coastal Cabana Twine.
- The greeting is from the same, So Very Happy stamp set, stamped in Soft Suede Ink.
- Finally, for a little bling, I added a Rhinestone Jewel at the top of the flag banner!
The Control Freaks Swaps are always my favorite to receive…great ideas! And this time was no different!
And…we’re getting ready for our Summer Collection 2014, featuring products from the NEW CATALOG…you don’t want to miss it! Save $5 with our Early Bird Special…but hurry! More details on Create with Connie and Mary!
So sorry that I have been a very bad blogger this week! Just a LOT going on after getting back from the Stampin’ Up! Incentive Cruise. Oh my…what an AWESOME time we had! The Allure of the Seas ship is truly HUGE and amazing! Even though I felt very little motion on the ship, on Monday I was feeling a little funny and getting used to being back on dry land, I guess! lol!
I’m very bummed that Stampin’ Up!’s Hello Sailor will not be in the new catalog! Better email me to order it NOW…the Occasions catalog ends on June 1st! I’ve used it quite a bit for masculine cards, even though my family really isn’t into sailing…they do love ski boats! This card is similar to the one I did for the Control Freaks Occasions Catalog Swap. I forgot to take a picture of the actual version I did for the swap. I needed to use less DSP in the background so I had enough to make 30 swap cards and I used another banner with that stripe DSP rather the full background. But other than that, it is the same.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Summer Starfruit (will miss this in-color!)
- The background is the stripe pattern from High Tide Designer Paper cut to 4 x 5 1/4.
- I embossed the 2 x 4 3/4 Smoky Slate cardstock with the Woodgrain embossing folder and cut a flag end, then placed it down the center.
- I used the Circle Framelits to cut out a Pacific Point and Whisper White circle rings, then cut away a portion of the Whisper White to make the life preserver. I looped the Summer Starfruit Twine around the top and secured the ends in the back. It is popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I used Summer Starfruit and Pacific Point Markers to ink up the Hello Sailor greeting and stamped on Whisper White, then cut with the Circle Framelit. I added Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back.
- The wheel was stamped with Smoky Slate on Whisper White and cut with the Circle Framelit (or 1″ punch). In the center I added a yellow Candy Dot.
Hope you like it! Come back tomorrow evening for the Control Freaks Tour de Freaks blog hop!
I'm pretty sure I haven't shown this card yet! It is one that I did for my Control Freaks swap several weeks ago! It features Happy Watercolor from the Occasions catalog, along with the Starburst Framelits! One of the fun things with this Happy Watercolor stamp set is the "watercolor" image in it! So fun to stamp it behind the flower without pulling out your AquaPainter! Now…since I'm a card carrying Control Freak, you KNOW that "messy" watercoloring is just NOT my style and really a struggle to pull off! lol!
OK…here are the details.
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Tangerine Tango, folded in half.
- I embossed a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Very Vanilla with the Delicate Dots folder (a FREE SAB selection!)
- I cut a 2 3/4 x 4 1/2 Baked Brown Sugar layer.
- On top of that is a 2 1/2 x 4 1/4 So Saffron layer, with a 2 x 2 1/2 piece of Retro Fresh DSP along the bottom. I hid the seam with the Baked Brown Sugar Ruffled Ribbon.
- I stamped Thank You in the Happy Watercolor stamp set with Baked Brown Sugar above the ribbon.
- The flower was stamped with Early Espresso on Very Vanilla, the background watercolor image with Tangerine Tango on top and cut with the Starburst Framelit. I layered it on a 2" circle (Circle Die) of Tangerine Tango cardstock and popped it up with Stampin' Dimensionals!
- Finally, I added two Pearls in the upper right corner for some bling.
I love how all the "circles" in the background embossed folder, the DSP and the Framelits all coordinate so well together!
It's Sale-A-Bration time! Don't forget to choose your FREE GIFT with $50 purchase!
It's time for the Tour de Freaks…brought to you by the Control Freak Swappers! We have an awesome lineup of Halloween Projects for you this month! Pick your poison and take the tour…it will take you around the loop until you return here. You probably just came from Justin Kreiger's blog...weren't his projects fun?
I have a fun card for you first. I love the gingham circle from Kind & Cozy as the background for cut out Halloween Happiness. I also liked punching the circle from the Sweater Weather Designer Paper…gives it some extra depth! The Chevron Punch adds some interest, along with the Black Candy Dots!
My second card is what I made for the latest Control Freaks Fall Swap a couple months ago. I had so much fun with the skeleton from Toil & Trouble. I placed the strips of Witches Brew Designer Paper on the diagonal for a more dramatic look. The Oval Framelit is sponged with Pumpkin Pie ink. It is hard to see, but the Basic Black is embossed with the Honeycomb folder, then I repeated the look with the Six Sided Punches from Summer Starfruit cardstock. Halloween Hello is stamped and popped up on the front one with a little Rhinestone bling.
Last, I made up a fun little nugget box that holds six Hershey Nuggets as a little favor for Halloween. On the front is the fun greeting from Halloween Bash. And under the nuggets is the Eat if you Dare greeting…of course you can only see it AFTER you've eaten the candy! lol! I wrapped the nuggets with 1 x 3 strips of Witches Brew Designer Paper. I added Dazzling Details around the edges of the Deco Label Framelit on the front of the box for some extra sparkle.
And here is the inside that slides out with the wrapped nuggets inside:
Ok…aren't those fun? Now it's time to move onto the next Freak in the lineup, the awesome Mindy Backes! I love her designs and know you will, too!
Welcome to the Tour de Freaks!!! Do you like our new look? Wendy designed some new graphics for the Control Freaks Tour! We're just back from Convention and many of the Freaks were there and got together to swap! I love getting the swaps back from my "freaky" friends…such great ideas with lots of ways to use our stamps, each of us have a unique style! Since it is a smaller group (18 of us) at Convention, we swap 2 different cards for each person. So, the Tour theme is our Convention Swaps (or we could use our Fall Swaps if they weren't at Convention). You've probably just come from Wendy Weixler's blog…weren't her cards beautiful? Make sure to continue around to all the Tour stops for some great ideas!
Here are my cards for this year's convention swap. I've done punch art type cards the past several years for my Freaks swap. A couple years ago was the Pizza card, last year was the Tuxedo card…this year I had a camera in mind…so here is what I came up with! I was thinking of my daughter-in-law who LOVES Melon Mambo pink when I did this one! My August Cards class will be doing this card in a couple weeks…they were excited to see it!
My second card uses By the Tide in a fun way…kind of a play on words! An apology card for being in hot water, maybe??? lol! I even used little pearls for the eyes! I cracked myself up with this one!
OK…I also wanted to show my roommate gift to Annette…she is a former Freak who is rejoining soon, I hope! The minute I saw these snowflakes in the Holiday catalog, I knew I wanted to make jewelry with them. I also made a set for myself! lol!
It is hard to appreciate how sparkly the Frosted Finishes Embellishments really are in person and they are substantial enough for jewelry! I completely made the slider box to hold them, too. I used the Festive Flurry stamps and framelits to decorate it, along with a strip of Winter Frost Designer Paper. I think I'll be doing this project in an upcoming class for holiday gift giving!
OK…enough of mine…continue on the Tour to Patty Bennett's blog…
It's Week 4 over on Create with Connie and Mary Spring Edition and we are showing off the Nature sets in the Spring Mini and Sale-A-Bration brochures. It's not too late to join us…we still have 1 1/2 weeks left to go, plus you can see all the projects we've already done. Some are easy, some more difficult…but all of them will work great in your classes and stamp camps! AND…we leave them up for over a year so you can refer back to them 24/7! At a price of $34.95 US for over 30 step-by-step PHOTO tutorials…how can you go wrong? That's just a little over $1 a piece!
By the Tide was one of my FIRST purchases from the Spring Mini. I don't live by the seashore, but I certainly would LOVE to some day! I love the beach and sound of waves crashing into it…puts me right to sleep at night! Since it was one of the first sets I purchased, I used it for my Control Freak Swap a few months ago. I've been holding off showing my swap card until this week! I really was pleased how it came out!
Here are the details:
- 4 1/4 x 11 Pool Party cardstock, folded in half to make the base card.
- The Whisper White is cut to 3 3/4 x 5. I used the Oval Framelit to make a template on scrap cardstock, then temporarily adhered it to the Whisper White. I used a Sponge Dauber to ink up around the edges of the oval with Pool Party Ink, then used the word stamp in By the Tide and Crumb Cake ink to make the background inside the oval.
- Next I stamped the Fan Coral in Early Espresso Ink inside that oval background.
- The Oval Piercing template I used to pierce around the outside of the inked oval I just created, giving it lots of detail.
- I stamped the shell with Early Espresso Ink on Crumb Cake cardstock, then cut it out and popped it up on the front with a Stampin' Dimensional.
- I stamped Spoil Yourself Today from Bring on the Cake in Early Espresso on a 1/2" strip of Crumb Cake, then cut the flag end and tucked the left side under the shell.
So…do you like? Love these colors together!
Hey…did you notice? Create with Connie and Mary has a NEW LOOK for the Holidays and I have the new badge on my blog!!! We've opened our Early Bird Special Price savings, too! Go check it out!
I wanted to show off my Control Freaks New Catalog Swap that I participated in a couple months ago…right before Convention. I got the idea from my upline, Candy, to use this swing template for my card. I hadn't made one in years, and the set I selected for the swap, Bootiful Occasions, was perfect for it! Here is the view closed.
And, here is the view open!
The base is Cherry Cobbler, cut to 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 2 3/4 & 5 1/2. Fold in half, then fold the front part back on itself. I added a strip of Be of Good Cheer Designer Paper along the right edge. I used the 3 1/2" Circle to cut out the front half circle by only partially running it thru the Big Shot, then cut a 3" Circle of the DSP to fit inside. I also used the Perfect Polka Dots on the half folded in front.
I stamped the Christmas Boot in Black Stazon on Very Vanilla and colored with Cherry Cobbler and Sahara Sand Stampin' Write Markers and my AquaPainter. I added Dazzling Details to the cuff and tassels. I punched it out with the 2 1/2" Circle Punch. I stamped the greeting on Gumball Green and punched with the Large Oval Punch, popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals on the front. I added some Gumball Green Stitched Ribbon tied along the front piece.
On the inside, I also added a greeting from More Merry Messages in Black Stazon on Gumball Green and punched with the 2 1/2" Circle. I love these motion cards…so much fun!
I'm getting ready to send in an order for more RIBBON SHARES…most shares are almost full. If you want in, email me…another order will be placed on Wednesday evening!