Archive for the ‘Control Freaks swaps’ Category:
The theme this month is Ladies and Gentlemen cards. My thoughts went to taking one set and making both a feminine and masculine card version using it! So here’s what I came up with!
Here are the details for the masculine version first:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Mossy Meadow cardstock, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- Next is the 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Birthday Bouquet Designer Paper, cut with the Circles Framelit so the Whisper White shows through.
- The greeting from Suite Sayings is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black inside the opening.
- The leaves from the Botanical Builder Framelits were cut from Crumb Cake Cardstock, stamped with the leaf veins from Botanical Blooms Stamp Set in Mossy Meadow Ink, then sponged around the edges with Mossy Meadow Ink. They are popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A Basic Black Neutrals Button is tied with Linen Thread and added to the leaves.
Next up is the feminine version:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Blushing Bride Cardstock folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- The 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Birthday Bouquet Designer Paper is cut with the Circle Framelit so the Whisper White shows through.
- The greeting from Suite Sayings is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink inside the opening.
- The large flower is cut with the Botanicals Builder Framelits and Blushing Bride Cardstock, the inside flower with Whisper White and the center from Hello Honey cardstock. Two small flowers were cut from Hello Honey along side the larger flower. The fern leaves were cut from Mint Macaron cardstock. They were added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals and Mini Glue Dots.
- A Rich Regals Candy Dot was placed in the center of the larger flower and Pearls for the smaller flowers.
OK…that’s it for me! Time to move on to the next stop on the blog tour, the fabulous Melissa Stout! I’m sure you’ll love her projects! Then continue on around the tour!
Today’s the day!!! The Create with Connie and Mary January Mini Session is now open and you can see all the great projects this month! It’s not too late to sign up…and take advantage of the special VALENTINE BONUS PROJECT when you sign up for both January AND February Mini Sessions! See more details below!
I already shared the one Bear Hugs card I did for the Incentive Trip Achievers Swap last month. If you missed it, you can see it HERE! And, this is the one I did for the Control Freaks Swappers last month! I love the colors in the It’s My Party Designer Paper Pack…you are going to get sick of me saying and using it!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Melon Mambo, folded in half.
- Along the left edge is a 1 x 5-1/2 strip of the confetti parttern in It’s My Party DSP Pack.
- A 2-3/4 x 4 piece of Whisper White has a 1 x 4 piece of Mint Macaron cardstock torn and added to the bottom for the “ground” and a 1/4 x 4 strip of yellow stripe DSP from the same package added along the side. It is popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The bear was stamped with Basic Black Archival Ink on Whisper White and colored with Crumb Cake Marker and AquaPainter. He was cut with the Bear Hugs Framelits.
- The Love you balloon was stamped with Basic Black Archival Ink on Melon Mambo and cut with the heart shape framelit in Bear Hugs. The bow was stamped with Basic Black on Crushed Curry and cut with the framelit.
- Two more balloons were cut with the framelit, one with Crushed Curry Cardstock and one from the Mint Macaron print in the It’s My Party Paper Pack. They were assembled at the top right corner of the Whisper White with Stampin’ Dimensionals. The strings were hand-drawn with a Basic Black Marker to the Bear’s paw.
- Finally, a Rhinestone jewel was added to the Crushed Curry balloon!
Isn’t that a sweet card! My grand-kids would love to get it, I’m sure!
Do you want even MORE details on using Occasions and Sale-A-Bration stamps and supplies?
Our JANUARY 2016 MINI SESSION just opened today with projects using stamp sets from the new Occasions Catalog and Sale-A-Bration brochures! Get some great ideas for your January, February and Spring classes! You are going to LOVE these! PLUS check out the VALENTINE SPECIAL BONUS below!
Sets we are using for the January session, opening January 11th:
- Flowering Fields
- Botanical Blooms
- Apple of My Eye
- First Sight
- Beautiful Ride
VALENTINE BONUS PROJECT: Purchase both the January and February Mini Sessions together for $17.90 US and get this BONUS VALENTINE project immediately using the Balloon Builder Punch and Bloomin’ Love Stamp Set, perfect gift for your hostesses or friends!
Sets we will be using for the February Mini Session, opening February 11th:
- What I Love
- Easter Lamb
- Balloon Celebration
- Party Wishes
- Pyramid Pals
plus BONUS VALENTINE project
Sign up at Create with Connie and Mary!
I have to admit…Snow Place (and the coordinating Snow Friends Framelits) was the VERY FIRST stamp bundle on my order. I use either snowmen or snowflakes on my Christmas Cards every year and this set is just TOO cute! I even told Mary that I had “dibs” on using it for my Create with Connie and Mary project (coming in November!)
And speaking of Create with Connie and Mary…we are now taking signups for the OCTOBER Mini Session! It is filled with fun Fall and Christmas projects and card ideas that you won’t want to miss! Here is a little sneak peek and a list of the stamp sets we used this month! You get 5 project tutorials PLUS a Bonus Card Set…all for only $8.95 US!
- Holly Jolly Greetings
- Vintage Leaves
- Your Presents
- Happy Scenes
- Thankful Forest Friends
- BONUS: Reason for the Season
Sign up today over on Create with Connie and Mary!
But getting back to my card! This is the card I did for my Control Freaks Christmas Card Swap last month! And, believe it or not, I didn’t use the snowman image because the penguin is just as cute!
The details for recreating this card:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Real Red, folded in half.
- The 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White is embossed with Softly Falling Embossing Folder.
- A 1/2 x 5 strip of Merry Moments Designer Paper was place across the front.
- A 3-1/2 x 3 piece of Smoky Slate cardstock was cut at an angle along the bottom and some Whisper White added for the iceberg.
- The Penguin was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Crushed Curry marker on the beak and feet, then cut with the Snow Friends Framelits. The tie was stamped with Real Red and cut with the Framelits, too.
- The Candy Cane was stamped with Real Red and used as the sign post.
- Time to Chill was stamped with Tuxedo Black on Real Red and punched with the Washi Tape Punch, then added to the sign post with a Mini Brad.
Isn’t that a FUN card? I really loved how it turned out! Hope my fellow Control Freak Swappers enjoyed it, too!
I used the card I made for an earlier Control Freaks New Catalog swap. I have kept it under wraps until now! I also added a coordinating little Curvy Keepsake Box! Of course, I had to use my favorite You’re Sublime stamp set!
- I used Tip Top Taupe for the base
- I added strips of Bermuda Bay, Lost Lagoon, Pool Party and Soft Sky adhered to a layer of Whisper White, then embossed it with Elegant Dots folder.
- I wrapped the Bermuda Bay Baker’s Twine around and tied a bow.
- The sub was stamped with Tuxedo Black on Whisper White, colored with Pool Party and Smoky Slate, then stamped again on Hello Honey and cut the body of the sub out and paper pieced it over the Whisper White one. It is cut with the Circle Framelit and layered on the next size circle of Tip Top Taupe. The fish were colored with Tangelo Twist.
- In the center of the sub portholes I used the Perfect White Accents and popped up the circles on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I cut the Curvy Keepsake Box from Pool Party cardstock, then stamped along the bottom with the Wild About Flowers stems in Mossy Meadow and Old Olive Inks. The fish were stamped with Tuxedo Black and colored with Tangelo Twist Marker.
- At the top, I did the submarine the same way and stamped/cut a second one so I could adhere it back to back at the top of the sub. Then the sub fits down over the tabs of the Curvy Keepsake Box, but it easy to take off and open the box since it isn’t permanently attached.
Fun, aren’t they? Now travel along to Julie Davison for the next stop on the Tour de Freaks and see what SHE came up with for the theme this month!
I love the swap cards I received from my Control Freak Swapper pals! Each batch is always full of great ideas from these talented gals! Here’s the card that I did for the Control Freaks Fall Swap.
I really had a lot of fun playing with the Tee-Hee-Hee stamp set for this swap! I went back and forth with Designer Papers, but decided I like the plain Wild Wasabi and Black Checkerboard look, embossed with Delicate Dots Folder. Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Whisper White, folded in half.
- On top I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Basic Black.
- I cut 2 x 5 1/4 strips of Wild Wasabi, then cut them to 3 and 2 1/4 pieces. I placed them on the Basic Black in opposite corners to get the checkerboard look.
- I cut a 2 x 3 1/2 piece of Whisper White and punched the top with the Angled Tag Punch.
- I stamped the cauldron from Tee-Hee-Hee with Tuxedo Black Ink along the bottom. I used Dotty Angles and masked off the smaller portion that was above the cauldron and inked it with Wild Wasabi ink for the bubbles.
- I punched 1/4″ circles from Silver Glimmer Paper and added them in the bubbles, and also trimmed a 1/4″ strip to go under the bottom of the tag. Then I added the Black Chevron ribbon tied with Old Olive Bakers Twine to the top of the tag. The tag was placed with Stampin’ Dimensionals on top of the checkerboard background.
- Finally, I stamped Brew Up a Little Fun with Tuxedo Black on Wild Wasabi cardstock and punched with the 1″ Circle Punch and placed on the cauldron with Stampin’ Dimensional.
Fun, isn’t it??? I loved how it turned out!
Because my order didn’t come in before my swap cards were due for the Control Freak Swappers Preorder Swap last month, I had to improvise with a new stamp set I received at Leadership, So Very Happy! I was able to use some new Designer Paper, Park Lane, because I had received it on the Stampin’ Up! Incentive Cruise, along with the Coastal Cabana Twine they wrapped our Pillow Gifts in! Nice to have new things! I’m happy with how this turned out!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Calypso Coral, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Crumb Cake on top.
- Across the bottom, I used two patterns from Park Lane Designer Paper and cut them 1 x 4.
- I cut two 2 x 3 1/2 panels of Whisper White and Coastal Cabana, then used the Scallop Tag Topper Punch on the tops.
- On the Whisper White, I stamped the owl with Black Stazon, then used my AquaPainter and Crumb Cake Marker to watercolor. I added a little Calypso Coral Marker for his beak and stamped the flag banner with Calypso Coral Ink in his wing.
- I placed the tags together with Stampin’ Dimensionals, then used the Naturals Chevron Ribbon thru the hole, and tied together with a piece of Coastal Cabana Twine.
- The greeting is from the same, So Very Happy stamp set, stamped in Soft Suede Ink.
- Finally, for a little bling, I added a Rhinestone Jewel at the top of the flag banner!
The Control Freaks Swaps are always my favorite to receive…great ideas! And this time was no different!
And…we’re getting ready for our Summer Collection 2014, featuring products from the NEW CATALOG…you don’t want to miss it! Save $5 with our Early Bird Special…but hurry! More details on Create with Connie and Mary!
So sorry that I have been a very bad blogger this week! Just a LOT going on after getting back from the Stampin’ Up! Incentive Cruise. Oh my…what an AWESOME time we had! The Allure of the Seas ship is truly HUGE and amazing! Even though I felt very little motion on the ship, on Monday I was feeling a little funny and getting used to being back on dry land, I guess! lol!
I’m very bummed that Stampin’ Up!’s Hello Sailor will not be in the new catalog! Better email me to order it NOW…the Occasions catalog ends on June 1st! I’ve used it quite a bit for masculine cards, even though my family really isn’t into sailing…they do love ski boats! This card is similar to the one I did for the Control Freaks Occasions Catalog Swap. I forgot to take a picture of the actual version I did for the swap. I needed to use less DSP in the background so I had enough to make 30 swap cards and I used another banner with that stripe DSP rather the full background. But other than that, it is the same.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Summer Starfruit (will miss this in-color!)
- The background is the stripe pattern from High Tide Designer Paper cut to 4 x 5 1/4.
- I embossed the 2 x 4 3/4 Smoky Slate cardstock with the Woodgrain embossing folder and cut a flag end, then placed it down the center.
- I used the Circle Framelits to cut out a Pacific Point and Whisper White circle rings, then cut away a portion of the Whisper White to make the life preserver. I looped the Summer Starfruit Twine around the top and secured the ends in the back. It is popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I used Summer Starfruit and Pacific Point Markers to ink up the Hello Sailor greeting and stamped on Whisper White, then cut with the Circle Framelit. I added Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back.
- The wheel was stamped with Smoky Slate on Whisper White and cut with the Circle Framelit (or 1″ punch). In the center I added a yellow Candy Dot.
Hope you like it! Come back tomorrow evening for the Control Freaks Tour de Freaks blog hop!
I'm pretty sure I haven't shown this card yet! It is one that I did for my Control Freaks swap several weeks ago! It features Happy Watercolor from the Occasions catalog, along with the Starburst Framelits! One of the fun things with this Happy Watercolor stamp set is the "watercolor" image in it! So fun to stamp it behind the flower without pulling out your AquaPainter! Now…since I'm a card carrying Control Freak, you KNOW that "messy" watercoloring is just NOT my style and really a struggle to pull off! lol!
OK…here are the details.
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Tangerine Tango, folded in half.
- I embossed a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Very Vanilla with the Delicate Dots folder (a FREE SAB selection!)
- I cut a 2 3/4 x 4 1/2 Baked Brown Sugar layer.
- On top of that is a 2 1/2 x 4 1/4 So Saffron layer, with a 2 x 2 1/2 piece of Retro Fresh DSP along the bottom. I hid the seam with the Baked Brown Sugar Ruffled Ribbon.
- I stamped Thank You in the Happy Watercolor stamp set with Baked Brown Sugar above the ribbon.
- The flower was stamped with Early Espresso on Very Vanilla, the background watercolor image with Tangerine Tango on top and cut with the Starburst Framelit. I layered it on a 2" circle (Circle Die) of Tangerine Tango cardstock and popped it up with Stampin' Dimensionals!
- Finally, I added two Pearls in the upper right corner for some bling.
I love how all the "circles" in the background embossed folder, the DSP and the Framelits all coordinate so well together!
It's Sale-A-Bration time! Don't forget to choose your FREE GIFT with $50 purchase!
It's time for the Tour de Freaks…brought to you by the Control Freak Swappers! We have an awesome lineup of Halloween Projects for you this month! Pick your poison and take the tour…it will take you around the loop until you return here. You probably just came from Justin Kreiger's blog...weren't his projects fun?
I have a fun card for you first. I love the gingham circle from Kind & Cozy as the background for cut out Halloween Happiness. I also liked punching the circle from the Sweater Weather Designer Paper…gives it some extra depth! The Chevron Punch adds some interest, along with the Black Candy Dots!
My second card is what I made for the latest Control Freaks Fall Swap a couple months ago. I had so much fun with the skeleton from Toil & Trouble. I placed the strips of Witches Brew Designer Paper on the diagonal for a more dramatic look. The Oval Framelit is sponged with Pumpkin Pie ink. It is hard to see, but the Basic Black is embossed with the Honeycomb folder, then I repeated the look with the Six Sided Punches from Summer Starfruit cardstock. Halloween Hello is stamped and popped up on the front one with a little Rhinestone bling.
Last, I made up a fun little nugget box that holds six Hershey Nuggets as a little favor for Halloween. On the front is the fun greeting from Halloween Bash. And under the nuggets is the Eat if you Dare greeting…of course you can only see it AFTER you've eaten the candy! lol! I wrapped the nuggets with 1 x 3 strips of Witches Brew Designer Paper. I added Dazzling Details around the edges of the Deco Label Framelit on the front of the box for some extra sparkle.
And here is the inside that slides out with the wrapped nuggets inside:
Ok…aren't those fun? Now it's time to move onto the next Freak in the lineup, the awesome Mindy Backes! I love her designs and know you will, too!
Welcome to the Tour de Freaks!!! Do you like our new look? Wendy designed some new graphics for the Control Freaks Tour! We're just back from Convention and many of the Freaks were there and got together to swap! I love getting the swaps back from my "freaky" friends…such great ideas with lots of ways to use our stamps, each of us have a unique style! Since it is a smaller group (18 of us) at Convention, we swap 2 different cards for each person. So, the Tour theme is our Convention Swaps (or we could use our Fall Swaps if they weren't at Convention). You've probably just come from Wendy Weixler's blog…weren't her cards beautiful? Make sure to continue around to all the Tour stops for some great ideas!
Here are my cards for this year's convention swap. I've done punch art type cards the past several years for my Freaks swap. A couple years ago was the Pizza card, last year was the Tuxedo card…this year I had a camera in mind…so here is what I came up with! I was thinking of my daughter-in-law who LOVES Melon Mambo pink when I did this one! My August Cards class will be doing this card in a couple weeks…they were excited to see it!
My second card uses By the Tide in a fun way…kind of a play on words! An apology card for being in hot water, maybe??? lol! I even used little pearls for the eyes! I cracked myself up with this one!
OK…I also wanted to show my roommate gift to Annette…she is a former Freak who is rejoining soon, I hope! The minute I saw these snowflakes in the Holiday catalog, I knew I wanted to make jewelry with them. I also made a set for myself! lol!
It is hard to appreciate how sparkly the Frosted Finishes Embellishments really are in person and they are substantial enough for jewelry! I completely made the slider box to hold them, too. I used the Festive Flurry stamps and framelits to decorate it, along with a strip of Winter Frost Designer Paper. I think I'll be doing this project in an upcoming class for holiday gift giving!
OK…enough of mine…continue on the Tour to Patty Bennett's blog…