Archive for the ‘punch art’ Category:
When thinking about what to do, I realized that I really don’t have any current Hawaiian-looking stamps. Of course, I could do flowers, but wanted a little something different. So, besides flowers…what is Hawaii known for? How about PINEAPPLES! No sets with pineapples, but I could do something with punches! Here’s my Hawaiian theme using pineapples…a card and matching little favor.
Here’s the list of everyone participating:
We have a really fun challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! We switched it up a little due to the upcoming Christmas holidays and thought we’d have a “Make a Gift Card Holder” theme this week! It can be any style holder…check out what the Challenge Team did…they are all VERY different!
I personally give some gift cards at Christmas, but I also like to dress them up a little! For this one, I used the Gift Card Envelope Thinlet for the holder, but added it to a card front! I designed a simple version of this sweet little angel for my tag class this week…but I’ve embellished her even more for this project by giving her sparkling Glimmer Wings and Confetti Stars on her dress, plus her hair in a bun! lol!
A few details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Whisper White. On top is a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Hello Honey.
- The Santa & Co. Designer Paper is cut 3 1/2 x 5 1/4.
- Whisper White was used with the Gift Card Envelope Thinlet and I cut off the smaller side, then sealed the edges of the envelope on 3 sides. I punched a partial 1″ circle on the open end so the gift card would be easy to pull out.
- I wrapped the Daffodil Delight Striped Ribbon around the gift card tightly, then tied it closed with White Bakers Twine.
- The Angel base is Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper cut with the Star Framelit. I also cut the same size star from Hello Honey and cut away the top and two side points to make her dress. The arm sleeves are the Word Window Punch in Hello Honey and her hands in Blushing Bride. I cut a sliver of the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper to make the trim on her sleeves.
- Her head is a 1″ Circle of Blushing Bride with a 1/8″ Circle of Real Red for her mouth and I drew on the eyes with lashes. The hair is the 1″ circle cut from Chocolate Chip and a 1/2″ punched circle for the “bun”. The halo is a piece of 1/8″ Gold Ribbon.
- I used the Confetti Punch with Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper to punch our the stars and adhered them to the front of her dress randomly.
- Then I popped up my angel on the front of the gift card envelope with Stampin’ Dimensionals and stamped the greeting from Christmas Bliss with Basic Gray ink on the envelope.
When you pull on the ribbon, the gift card slides out!
Didn’t she turn out sweet? I was so happy with the tag I made for my Tag Class, that I just knew I had to use her again! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary and get some great ideas for gift card holders!
Stamp Club members this month enjoyed making this punch art Snowman for the front of their Gift Card Holder. I wanted to share a coordinating card I made at the Retreat last month using the same snowman! I know I’ll be making a bunch of them for my Christmas gift tags this year! I’d better get working on them!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Cherry Cobbler, folded in half.
- The 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Marina Mist was embossed with the Northern Flurries folder.
- The greeting from Mingle All The Way was stamped with Cherry Cobbler ink on Whisper White and punched with the 1 3/4″ Circle. A few Rhinestones were added for some special sparkle.
- I made the snowman out of Whisper White and Basic Black circles and ovals and added the scarf cut from Trim The Tree Designer Paper Pack.
- I cut off the loop on the All is Calm Snowflake Embellishment and adhered it to the scarf with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Two large Rhinestones were colored with a Black Sharpie for “coal” and added to his belly.
- A little triangle of Pumpkin Pie makes his nose and the eyes and mouth were hand drawn with a Black Stampin’ Write Marker.
- I tore a 1 1/2 x 4 piece of Whisper White to make the snow ground and tucked the snowman down inside the snow bank! I added some Dazzling Details sparkle to the top edge of the snow.
Too, too, cute, if I must say so myself!!! I love snowman cards!
Only TWO more days to take advantage of my
STOCK UP ADHESIVE SALE!!!
40% off Stampin’ up! adhesives…
available only thru me,
Sunday, November 9, 2014
Sunday, November 23, 2014
Want to also take advantage of Stampin’ Up!’s
Online Extravaganza Sale?
I’ll place your order on Monday, November 24th so you can
add the sale items to your adhesive order!
It’s Thursday and time for a Create with Connie and Mary challenge! We have a wonderful sketch challenge for you today…clean and simple! Grab your stamps and play along!
And remember, we are just starting our Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Card “Create”tions 2014 this week! We will be doing one week of Halloween/Fall card sets and two weeks of Christmas! It’s not too late to join and you won’t miss anything…you can refer back to the project 24/7 for up to a year! For only $19.95 US, you’ll get over 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas not shown ANYWHERE else! So, stop by Create with Connie and Mary and sign up!
So here is the sketch for this week’s challenge:
And here is my card! I love fall and pumpkins!
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Sahara Sand cardstock, folded in half.
- On top I added a 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 layer of Color Me Autumn Designer Paper. I picked a neutral background so the bright pumpkin would pop off the page.
- I cut three ovals (second from smallest) with the Oval Framelits from Pumpkin Pie cardstock. I also embossed them with the Delicate Dots Embossing Folder. I sponged Tangerine Tango ink around the edges of each oval. The two bottom ones were adhered together, then added the top oval with Stampin’ Dimensionals to form the pumpkin shape.
- I stamped the small leaves in Fall Fest with Cajun Craze, Mossy Meadow and Crushed Curry, then cut them with the Fun Fall Framelits.
- I tied a small piece of Mossy Meadow Satin Ribbon in a knot for the stem and adhered it behind the pumpkin. I added another leaf stamped with Mossy Meadow ink to the stem.
- Celebrate from Good Greetings (FREE this month with a $300 workshop!) was stamped with Mossy Meadow ink on Whisper White strip and cut the diagonal end.
- I used one of the Autumn Woods Elements on top of the leaves for a little extra bling!
Now…make sure to go check out the rest of the Thursday Challenge Team ideas over on Create with Connie and Mary! And, if you haven’t signed up, you’ll find the Buy Now buttons right there for you to join!
I usually don’t show my Stamp Club cards…I try to keep them exclusive to my monthly Stamp Club Members. However, this one was just too cute not to share! I used Holiday Home and a little punch art! Anyone remember the movie “UP”?
I like to send out “just moved” or “moving” cards. This one is lots of fun! One of my members mentioned that she would be making these for her son-in-law who is a realtor! What a great idea!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Basic Gray, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Cherry Cobbler.
- On the 3 3/4 x 5 layer of Soft Sky, I stamped the trees along the bottom in Early Espresso Ink. I stamped Happy New Home in Tuxedo Black ink.
- The house was stamped with Tuxedo Black ink on scrap Whisper White and the roof and trim colored with Smoky Slate Ink, the door with Cherry Cobbler and the windows with So Saffron. I used the Framelits to cut it out.
- The balloons were punched from Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Bermuda Bay, Wild Wasabi and Pumpkin Pie cardstock, along with the small heart (Owl Punch) for the bottoms. I added them to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I used the White Chalk Pen to draw the “highlight” on the balloons.
- I punched two clouds with the Cupcake Punch and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals, too.
- Finally, I used the Smoky Slate Marker to draw the strings for the balloons down to the house.
I love how it turned out! Do you like?
OK…I just have to brag on my grandson, Carter! He turned ONE year old yesterday and we attended his first birthday party! He was SUCH a good boy the entire time! It is hard to believe a year has gone by since he was born, do you remember? This is a LONG post…scroll to the bottom to see all the goodies!
THEN (June 14, 2013)
NOW (June 14, 2014)
I love this picture because you can see all 3 of his teeth, and that WILD hair! And he has such a BIG smile! lol!
And here is one of the gifts we got him…he scampered right thru the tunnel the first time!
Birthday theme was “Very Hungry Caterpillar”. We used the Stampin’ Up! Circle Framelits for the caterpillar, Oval Framelits for the eyes, Triangle Punch for the nose, and Modern Label Punch for the antennas. The Serif Essentials Dies (retired) for the letters. He also had a banner that spelled Happy 1st Birthday!
Birthday cupcakes spaced to look like a caterpillar! And a personal birthday cake for Carter with the number 1!
Table centerpiece with birthday crown, book and “I am 1″ banner, plus his newborn photo dressed in a caterpillar suit.
I made this LARGE tag for the bag that held the tunnel and tent…it was too big to wrap! I free-hand cut the leaf, scored and sponged it. The apple is the Heart Framelit with part of the Oval Punch cut at the bottom. The leaves are the retired Blossoms Petals Builder punch. The caterpillar was punched with 1 & 1 1/4″ Circle Punches. The “munches” were made with the 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch.
And here is the matching birthday card I made for him. Greeting is Sassy Salutations.
That icing is SOOOOO yummy! He was SO careful with it!
Crib filled with birthday balloons!
It was such a fun party and special day! And Carter is such a blessing…love him to pieces!
Thanks for letting me brag on my grandson a little bit!
And, of course, all the current supplies are available in my ONLINE STORE!
I included this little favor in Club orders last month! Love using that Scallop Tag Topper Punch! A little Hershey candy bar dressed up for Easter is inside…looked great with the colors of the Kaleidoscope Designer Paper and the Geometrical Stamp Set! As usual…I didn't remember to photograph them all until I had already given out a lot of them! lol!
Here are the details:
- Cut Whisper White 2 x 5 1/2, then punch each end with the Scallop Tag Topper Punch.
- Score at 2 1/2 & 2 3/4
- Stamp Thank You from Lots of Thanks stamp set with Black Stazon above the front score line.
- Cut a 1 x 2 piece of Kaleidoscope Designer Paper for the front and adhere above the Thank You.
- Stamp the triangles from Geometrical with Crushed Curry, Bermuday Bay and Old Olive, punch with the Triangle Punch. Pop up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add an Itty Bitty Flower with Pearl Center to the Bermuda Bay triangle.
- Add a bow tied with the Gold Metallic Bakers Twine at the top to keep both sides closed.
- I did add a Mini Glue Dot to the Hershey Candy to hold it in place.
Aren't these fun? Quick and easy to do a bunch of them, too!
It's not too late to join Card "Create"tions 2014! We are in the middle of Week 2. BUT, our website stays up for almost a year so you can refer back to the EXCLUSIVE card ideas! Each card set could be a FULL class…and the weekly favor as a bonus! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary! For $19.95 US, you are getting 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas from 18 different stap!
Click on the item photos below to order from my ONLINE STORE!
First…here is the Stampin' Up! weekly special! Yes, you can add these to my ADHESIVE SALE! See details on that below! Only THREE MORE DAYS!
I just did a Christmas Tag Class that used framelits and punches to make six different tags…they did two of each! One of my favorites was the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer tag (inspired by Monika Davis from a couple years ago). I updated hers to use current product! AND…since I loved it so much, I decided to use it on a card for another class!
Isn't he CUTE??? I love the A Banner Christmas greeting on his belly, too. On the tags we left it blank to write in the To/From.
Here are the details!
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Cherry Cobbler folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Old Olive embossed with the Stylished Stripes folder.
- Along the bottom I added a 1 1/2 x 4 piece of Season of Style Designer Paper, layered on a 1 3/4 x 4 piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock.
- I also added two designer paper banners at the top.
- For the reindeer, I used two sizes of the Circle Framelits in Chocolate Chip and Whisper White and cut the top portion of the Whisper White. I added a small strip of Cherry Cobbler to hide the seam, then added Rhinestones across it.
- I punched a Large Oval from Crumb Cake for the muzzle and hand drew on it with a Basic Black marker.
- I used the largest Festive Flurry Framelit and cut it for the antlers and the hooves of Rudolph.
- His eyes are 1/4" circles of Basic Black, dotted with the White Gel Pen. His nose is a 3/8" Circle punched from Red Glimmer Paper.
- I stamped the Holly Jolly greeting from A Banner Christmas in Old Olive on scrap white and cut it out. I stamped Christmas with Chocolate Chip directly only the Whisper White.
Do you love him? I do!
ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT!
STOCK UP ADHESIVE SALE!!!
We started PREVIEW WEEK over on Create with Connie and Mary Fall Collection 2013…did you see the Guest Designer introductions yesterday? We have a wonderful lineup for you this time in the Fall Collection and we are excited to get started! Be watching all week…we are giving away SEVEN FREE subscriptions to our Fall Collection…just for leaving a comment on that person's blog!
Today, Mary Brown has a wonderful FREE TUTORIAL and some BLOG CANDY for you over on Create with Connie and Mary, you are going to LOVE her darling project. It's a "second use" for something in the Holiday Catalog and I know you will want to see it and make one (or two!) for yourself! In honor of her project, I took a couple elements on her project and used them on my card today with Stampin' Up!'s Truly Grateful stamp set! When you compare the two of them, I think you'll see what I did!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Chocolate Chip cardstock folded in half to make the card.
- I embossed the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Crumb Cake with the new Stylish Stripes folder.
- I added some strips of Sweater Weather Designer Paper across the front and cut flag ends. I also stamped the Truly Grateful greeting with Pumpkin Pie ink on Very Vanilla strip and added it on top.
- Next I wrapped the Linen thread around a couple times, then added a Naturals Designer Button and tied a bow inside. I secured it with a Mini Glue Dot.
- For my pumpkin, I cut 3 of the next to smallest Ovals in the Oval Framelits. I used Pumpkin Pie Ink and stamped the chevron image in Truly Grateful over them (thanks Mary!)…it adds so much texture to them!
- I cut a free-form stem from the DSP and then a curly cue strip to curl from the top of the pumpkin. The leaf is the Small Heart punched from Gumball Green and tucked under the top of the Pumpkin.
LOVE this card!!! Hope you like it, too!
It is time for EARLY BIRD SPECIAL on our wonderful FALL COLLECTION featuring the NEW HOLIDAY and regular Stampin' Up! CATALOGS!!!! Only $19.95 US…a $5 savings off the regular $24.95 US price!
So…what's the FALL COLLECTION all about? 4 weeks of daily projects EACH with a full downloadable tutorial that aren't shown ANYWHERE else! Card sets and projects that can be completed in about 2 hours…perfect for classes and camps! Check out our FREE Preview Projects – August 18 – 24! Fall Collection runs August 25 through September 21…so you have plenty of time to plan classes or make the projects for yourself! You don't want to miss it!
OK…here are the last of the Rubber Ducky Baby Shower photos…are you tired of seeing these yet? I just had to show off the fabulous cake my SIL had made for the shower…she took photos into the bakery and they came up with this. It actually tasted AWESOME, marbled yellow/chocolate cake with buttercream frosting. Very moist and delicious! The ducks are made out of Fondant!
Here is the gift bag I made for one of the little rubber ducky outfits that was too big for the Diaper Cake I made. I also had a note in the card about the Rocking Chair we purchased for the nursery.
I used the Oval Framelits for the body and cut off the wing portion with the Wide Oval punch. The head is the 1 3/4" Circle Punch and the retired 5 Petal Flower punch for the little tuff of feathers at the top. The drops of water are the Bird Punch Wings. The beak is the Pennant Punch. I colored a large Pearl for the eye (and after the photo, I added a White Small Oval under the eye…it looked better!) I stamped the tissue paper with the little duck from Spring Sampler Stamp Set and Daffodil Delight.
I also stamped a bunch of the Rubber Ducks in Spring Sampler Stamp Set and punched them with the 3/4" Circle Punch to adhere to the bottom of Hershey Kisses. I also used the Daffodil Delight Polka Dot Parade DSP on some.
Finally, here is the baby carriage made from fruit…the wheels are slices of orange on the sides and the head is a small grapefruit.
That's all folks! lol!
My first order for Ribbon Shares in the new catalog goes in on May 31st!
PREORDER NEW catalog Ribbon Shares!!!
BONUS: Get a free package of Candy Dots in your choice of family color with each $50 ribbon share purchase (before shipping)!