Archive for the ‘SUO Challenges’ Category:
The theme this time over on SUO Challenges is Cards for Teens..how fun! I don’t have the need for many teen cards anymore…our sons and nieces and nephews are all adults now…but I’m sure I’ll have a need for one someday again and I know I don’t have many sitting around! So, I’m anxious to see all the ideas!
Here’s what I came up with! A milestone for most teenagers is learning to drive. In Ohio, they get their temporary permits at 15 1/2, but the permanent one is at age 16 and passing the tests. So…here’s a milestone 16th birthday card!
OK…isn’t that fun???? I took my colors from the Birthday Bash Designer Paper, love those little party hats printed on the paper! Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Tangelo Twist folded in half.
- The Night of Navy layer is 4 x 5 1/4 and a 2 x 5 1/4 piece of the Birthday Bash DSP is adhered along the bottom with the SAB Accessory Pack ribbon hiding the seam and adhered the ends to the back.
- The Whisper White license plate was cut 2 1/2 x 3 3/4, then added 1/2 x 3 3/4 strips of Crushed Curry across the top and Tangelo Twist to the bottom. The corners were rounded with the Project Life Corner Rounder. The plate holes were punch 1″ from each side at the top and bottom with the 1/8″ Circle Punch.
- Hooray! from Hooray It’s Your Birthday stamp set was stamped along the Tangelo Twist with Night of Navy Ink.
- 6TEEN was cut from Night of Navy cardstock with the Perfect Print Alphabet Dies and added to the center…can’t you just think of HUNDREDS of sayings you could put on there? lol!
- I added the license plate to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals slightly off center.
- I used the Star Framelits (smallest and next smallest) with Tangelo Twist Cardstock to make the star and tucked it under the left side of the plate. Then I punched the small star from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and added it to the center for a little bling.
OK…what do you think? I already have another one in mind that I have to make and will show you it soon! Make sure to check out the rest of the Teen card ideas over on SUO Challenges!
It’s all about Valentine Wishes for the Stampin’ Up! Only Challenge this time! Valentine’s Day will be here soon! Here’s what I came up with using the special Stampin’ Up! set, Snuggles and Smooches…it’s not in the catalog, you need to see it in the online store.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Real Red, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 Crumb Cake cardstock layer, the large and small flower swirls were stamped in the background with White Craft Ink.
- LOVE was stamped with Real Red on a curved banner of Whisper White and a small swatch of Stacked with Love Designer Paper placed along the right side of the banner.
- Black Bakers Twine was wrapped around the banner to hide the seam and tied with a bow, then popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The heart was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on Real Red and punched with the Sweetheart Punch. The two small hearts were stamped with Real Red on Whisper White and punched with the Small Heart Punch. Both were popped up on front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally, a little Rhinestone was added to the large heart.
Lots of fun on this card! I loved how it turned out. Now check out SUO Challenges to see what the rest of the Design Team did with the Valentine Wishes theme!
This is my SECOND post today! Make sure to check out my Day 3 PREVIEW card here!
The theme this week on SUO Challenges is Dots, Dots, Dots…anything using Dots as a focus! Well, there are TONS of dots in the Stampin’ Up! catalogs! Your choice of Designer Papers, Embossing Folders, Large or Small Dots, Stencils, Stamps…the list goes on! I did a card using a technique that I’ve been wanting to try for a while…pretty simple, but I think it turned out FUN!
I think I’m a little obsessed with this Petal Potpourri stamp set right now from the Occasions Catalog. I’ve used it on several recent cards and projects. But, of course, it is a floral set and I do tend to get obsessed with them! I love that it has a matching punch! The background was done by embossing the White layer with the Large Polka Dots Folder, then adding 3/4″ punched circles of Neutral Backgrounds Designer Paper Stack! It’s hard to see, but the DSP is adhered on the raised dots! VERY cool look in real life! Only tip…make sure your embossing is straight and centered! lol! Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Sahara Sand, folded in half.
- The 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White is embossed with the Large Polka Dots Embossing Folder.
- I punched many 3/4″ circles from the Basic Black polka dots pattern in the Neutrals Backgrounds DSP Stack and adhered them over the embossed circles.
- I cut a 2 x 4 piece of Sahara Sand and stamped Happy Birthday with Tuxedo Black Ink at the bottom from the Big Day Stamp Set…one of the FREE Sale-a-bration sets! Then I cut the flag end.
- I added 1 1/2 x 1 piece of Hello Honey cardstock under the pennant, cutting the flag end the same.
- The Petal Potpourri flower image was stamped with Hello Honey on Whisper White, then punched with the Flower Medallion Punch and added to the banner with a Stampin’ Dimensional. I punched another 3/4″ Circle of Black Polka Dots for the center and popped it up with a Dimensional, too.
- Finally, I colored the Rhinestone with Daffodil Delight Blendabilities (darkest color) and added it to the center circle.
Even my husband commented how striking it was! I always love yellow and black together! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did over on SUO Challenges!
When I first saw our theme for this week’s Stampin’ Up! Only Challenge, I thought…uh oh…I don’t have any project life supplies (yet!). Well, I do have the Holiday Cheer stamp set, but knew this would be after Christmas when it posts. So…I was really excited to see one of the Sale-A-Bration items is a Mini Project Life Kit! There are some really fun images in it…I used one of the large project cards to make a card! Do you see it?
Yes! I cut out the floral wreath printed on the card with my Circle Framelit, added the Banner Blessings stamp set greeting in the center! Awesome! I can’t wait to convert some of the other Project Life cards into regular cards, too!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Whisper White, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of another Project Life card with polka dots on top.
- I cut a 1 1/4 x 5 1/4 piece of Pool Party cardstock and added it along the left side, on top of that is a 1/4 x 5 1/4 strip of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper.
- I stamped the Banner Blessings greeting in the center with Lost Lagoon Ink, then cut the card with my Circle Framelit and popped it up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I punched a 7/8″ Scallop Circle from Pool Party and added it to the front along with a Daffodil Delight button tied with White Bakers Twine.
Pretty cool that the Project Life cards aren’t just for scrapbooking! LOVE it! Make sure to check out what the rest of the SUO Design Team did this week on SUO Challenges!
It’s time for another SUO Challenge! This time the challenge is a card or project that conveys Merry & Bright for the upcoming holidays! I decided to show off the little Santa Fry Boxes that I made for my Stamp Club members. I wish I would have taken a photo of them all together, but I had already given away over half of them away before I remembered! Inside each box was a container of Frosted Sequins wrapped in a cello bag with a holiday tag on it! I received lots of great comments about them, so I know they appreciated the little gift tucked in their Club order! I do appreciate my Stamp Club members!
Here are the details:
- I cut the Real Red cardstock with the Fry Box die.
- The beard is cut from Whisper White with the Apothecary Accents Framelits. I used just the end portion, added it to the Fry Box, then cut the curve of the box away with Paper Snips.
- The belt is 3/4″ strip of Basic Black cardstock. The buckle was punched with the Petite Curly Label from Gold Glimmer Paper. I cut another 3/4″ square of Basic Black to go on top of the Gold Buckle.
- I tucked the Frosted Sequins into the Cello Bag and tied closed with the Real Red Satin Woven Ribbon.
- I punched the tag the Note Tag Punch from Whisper White cardstock and used a little strip of Nordic Noel DSP across the bottom.
- I stamped the snowflake from Cheerful Tags in Real Red and Holiday Cheer in Tuxedo Black Ink on top of the tag, then punched a 1/8″ hole to put the ribbon thru to tie.
Isn’t it fun? I was inspired by many Santa Suits I saw online.
Make sure to stop by and see what the rest of the SUO Challenge Team did this week! And, grab your stamps and play along!
It’s time for another SUO Challenge…this time our theme is Marker Fun! The Design Team came up with lots of different ideas for using markers. We could use Stampin’ Up! regular markers, Blendabilities, make backgrounds or whatever! I chose to use my regular Stampin’ Write Markers and make up a fun background using Wisteria Wonder and Pink Pirouette and my acrylic blocks!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Pink Pirouette cardstock, folded in half.
- On the 2 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece of Whisper White, I used Wisteria Wonder and Pink Pirouette Markers and my Acrylic Blocks misted with water to create the background (sorry, the pink is hard to see online.)
- On top I used Wisteria Wonder, Pink Pirouette and Silver Ink pads to stamp the Endless Wishes snowflakes randomly on the background.
- I layered this Whisper White on a 2 3/4 x 5 1/2 piece of Wisteria Wonder cardstock.
- The Silver Satin Ribbon is wrapped to the back and adhered, then adhered to the front of the Pink Pirouette base.
- I cut the Snowflake from the Snowflake Card Thinlet from Dazzling Details Glimmer Paper. In the center is a Wisteria Wonder Candy Dot. I adhere it to the card with Mini Glue Dots.
- Finally, I stamped the Christmas greeting from Endless Wishes with Tuxedo Black ink in the lower right corner.
This card is so shimmery in real life! Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team over on SUO Challenges, then grab your markers and play along!
The theme over on SUO Challenges this week is “The Treat’s the Thing”. Of course, so close to Halloween, I naturally thought of Halloween treats so made my little holder with Stampin’ Up!’s Freaky Friends! Can you tell what I used? Yep! I used a portion of the Curvy Keepsake Box! Isn’t that fun?
Here are the details:
- I used Tangerine Tango cardstock and cut two pieces that were about 3 1/2″ wide and cut just the side of the box that had the loop handle at the top.
- I trimmed the bottom of both pieces so that I could overlap and adhere them.
- I used the Large Polka Dot Folder and embossed both sides with it. Inside the large circles, I stamped the eyes from Freaky Friends with Tuxedo Black Ink on the front and back.
- I punched a moon with the 1 3/4″ circle punch from Crushed Curry cardstock and sponged Tangerine Tango Ink around the edges, then stamped Ghoulish Greetings with Tuxedo Black Ink on it.
- I stamped the cat and two bats with Tuxedo Black on scrap Whisper White, then cut them out and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- To close, I tied Black Bakers Twine around it and tied a bow.
- The holder will hold 1 or 2 mini candy bars like shown!
Isn’t this a fun and spooky treat holder??? I love using that Curvy Keepsake Box Thinlet in a little different way! Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team’s creations over on SUO Challenges!
This is my second post today, so make sure to see my first one, too! The challenge this time on SUO Challenges is “Outdoors in the woods”…which can be anything outdoorsy, including Christmas/Winter scenes. I knew immediately that I wanted to use my Beauty of the Season stamp set along with the Hardwood background stamp! So, here is what I came up with for my outdoor scene:
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Cherry Cobbler cardstock, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Crumb Cake, I stamped the Hardwood Background stamp with Soft Suede Ink.
- I cut the Party Pennant from Whisper White, then stamped the Cardinal image with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I used my Cherry Cobber and Crumb Cake Blendabilities Markers to color…love the richness they give to images! I popped up the Pennant on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Note: After I colored, I used a White Gel Pen for the eye.
- The 1″ Cherry Cobbler Linen Ribbon was wrapped to the back and adhered. I used a double length of Linen Thread and tied a bow around it.
- Finally, I had the JOY already cut from Red Glimmer Paper and thought it would work perfectly on the front!
So, make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did over on SUO Challenges! Then grab your stamps and play along!
|Set:||Beauty of the Season|
|Inks:||Memento Tuxedo Black, Cherry Cobbler & Crumb Cake Blendabilities|
|Cardstock:||Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Whisper White|
|Accessories:||Party Pennants Die, Red Glimmer Paper, 1″ Cherry Cobbler Linen Ribbon, Linen Thread, White Gen Pen (eye)|
Have you stamped today?
It’s time for another challenge over on SUO Challenges…the theme this time is Fall Colors! A little early in central Ohio for fall colors, but I’ve heard of some leaves are already changing in northern Ohio! Won’t be too long!
I love bittersweet and have been looking for an affordable bittersweet wreath for several years. I keep saying that I’ll make one! lol! But, I thought the one berry image in Wondrous Wreath would make a good bittersweet wreath if I stamped it several times…what do you think?
I looked and looked for designer paper in my stash that had orange and purple (maybe a little more Halloween than Fall?), so decided to use my Blendabilities and make my own! This was one of the techniques I taught in my Blendabilities class last week and it was a hit! Here are the rest of the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Pumpkin Pie cardstock folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White, I used the berry image in Wondrous Wreath stamp set and stamped it several times with Pumpkin Pie ink towards the top.
- I stamped the bow with Rich Razzleberry and cut it with the matching Wonderful Wreath Framelits. I colored a Rhinestone Jewel with Pumpkin Pie Blendabilities and added it to the knot of the bow and then added it to the front of the wreath with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I cut a 1 1/2 x 4 piece of Back to Black Designer Paper and colored it with the Pumpkin Pie and Rich Razzleberry Blendabilities, then added it to the bottom of the Whisper White panel.
- To hide the seam of the DSP, I added the 1/4″ Pumpkin Pie Cotton Ribbon and adhered in the back, then added the Whisper White to the front of the card.
Tip: Want to step-it-up? Cut out the bittersweet wreath with the matching Wonderful Wreath Framelits and pop it up on the front of the card. Add a couple more colored Rhinestones around the wreath!
Make sure to check out what the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team did this week over on SUO Challenges!
It’s time for a new challenge over on SUO Challenges! This time we are featuring Embellishments (Page 208-209 in the Catalog and those in the Holiday Catalog) on our cards! I knew right away I wanted to make a button snowman. I also just had gotten my Little Letter Framelit Dies in my last order and so I spelled out SNOW. Perfect timing!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Soft Sky Cardstock, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Lost Lagoon, I rounded the top with the Corner Rounder Punch.
- Along the bottom, I added a 2 1/2 x 5 1/4 layer of the snowflake pattern in All Is Calm Designer Paper. On top of that I added a 1 x 5 1/4 piece of the Stripe pattern in the same package.
- I wrapped the length of Lost Lagoon Silky Taffeta Ribbon around to the back and adhered in place to hide the seam at the top.
- To hide the bottom seam, I cut a 1/8 x 5 1/4 piece of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and adhered it.
- The Little Letters Framelits cut the SNOW letters from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and I lined up along the top of the DSP.
- I stamped the tag image in Cheerful Tags with Soft Sky Ink on Whisper White and punched with the Note Tag Punch.
- I punched a narrow strip of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper with the bottom of the Note Tag Punch and curved the top of the snowbank.
- I used two white buttons from the Neutral Pack. The larger one placed on the bottom with Mini Glue Dots, the top one I punched a 1/4″ Basic Black circle and adhered it behind the holes for the “eyes”, then placed on top of the larger one.
- I cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine and laid it between the two buttons, then tied a knot on the right side for the scarf.
- I hand cut the brim and top portion of the hat from Basic Black and added a hat band of Cherry Cobbler.
- I placed the tag on the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Isn’t my snowman CUTE??? I love how he turned out! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did this time over on SUO Challenges! Then come play along…if you are like me, you have a stockpile of embellishments!