Archive for the ‘SUO Challenges’ Category:
Happy September!!! It’s time for another SUO Challenge and we are featuring Thinking of You or Friend cards! I’ve been making several of these lately due to several friends going thru cancer treatments and surgery. I’m thinking of them often and send off a card to cheer them up!
Isn’t the script font on the Watercolor Wishes Card Kit stamp set beautiful? I love the sentiments…and so worth buying the entire kit just to get those stamps! And…these leaves and acorn were actually leftovers from the Witches Hat Kit…but you could make more with the Leaflet Framelits and Acorn Punch.
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Early Espresso cardstock, folded in half to form base card.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake cardstock was embossed with the new Woodland Embossing Folder. A sponge dauber with White Craft Ink highlights the birch trees, then the Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker adds the details on the trees.
- The leaves were leftovers from the Witches Hat Kit, but are the same shape as the Leaflet Framelits in Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey and Cajun Craze cardstock. Soft Suede was sponged around the edges.
- The greeting from Watercolor Wishes was stamped with Early Espresso Ink on the large maple leaf. They were placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The acorn was stamped with Crumb Cake and Early Espresso Inks using the Acorny Thank You stamp set directly on the Witches Hit leftover acorn. (Or stamp and use the punch!)
- Gold Cording was tied in a bow around the acorn stem.
I loved how this turned out! Hope you do, too! Ok, make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did over on SUO Challenges this time! They grab your stamps and play along!
We have a fun challenge this time over on SUO Challenges...use butterflies on your project! With all the butterflies that Stampin’ Up! has in the catalog, it shouldn’t be TOO hard to come up with something and join us! I actually made two cards…I’ll show you the other one later! I really like how this one turned out using Watercolor Wings!
Here are the details to recreate it yourself!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Calypso Coral, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Sahara Sand, I added a 1-1/2 x 4 piece of Timeless Elegance DSP along the bottom.
- I used Black Satin Striped ribbon to hide the seam.
- The flourish from Flowering Flourishes was stamped with Sahara Sand ink. Then the triple dots from Watercolor Wings were stamped randomly with Tuxedo Black Ink.
- The small butterfly was stamped with Blushing Bride on Whisper White and cut with the Bold Butterfly framelit. The filigree top was cut from Calypso Coral.
- An Itty Bitty flower stamp was punched from Basic Black and added to the body, then a White Perfect Accent was added on top. The butterfly was popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Just for You from Watercolor Wings was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on the front.
I love this turned out…that lace DSP is just SOOO elegant looking! OK, make sure to check out the rest of the SUO Challenges Design Team and see what they did this week!
The theme this week over on SUO Challenges is “Your Favorite New Stamp Set”. Well, that was a hard choice for me. I have several that I seem to pick up all the time, mostly flowers, of course. But this set, You’re Sublime, has grabbed my heart. I went to bed last night thinking about what type of card to make with this set and woke up with this idea in my head! lol!
I kind of borrowed Mary Brown’s CAS style with this card, too! But, isn’t he too cute sitting on the lily pad?
Here are the details for you to recreate this card:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pool Party, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, the splotches from Gorgeous Grunge was stamped twice with Pool Party Ink in the lower right corner.
- Then the Sassy Salutations greeting was stamped with Black Stazon next to it.
- The frog from You’re Sublime was stamped with Black Stazon on scrap Whisper White and watercolored with the Pear Pizzazz and Mossy Meadow Markers and an AquaPainter. He was cut out.
- The lily pad is the Extra Large Oval punched from Mossy Meadow cardstock, with a v cut out of one side. The flower is the Petite Petals Punch from Whisper White and the center is the Itty Bitty Flower from Daffodil Delight cardstock. A Perfect White Accent was colored with an orange Sharpie and added to the center.
- Both the lily pad and the frog were popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Super quick and easy, but lots of fun, don’t you think? Make sure to check out the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team and see what their favorite new stamp set is!
This week on SUO Challenges, our theme is featuring Designer Paper on our projects! I love the prints and colors in the Farmers Market Designer Paper, so I pulled out that package to use on this challenge! I also used the greeting from Oh My Goodies to go along with it!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Hello Honey, folded in half.
- The next “unseen” layer is 4 x 5-1/4 Very Vanilla. At the bottom is a 2 x 4 piece of the pear print in Farmers Market DSP, and at the top is a 3-1/4 x 4 piece of the green plaid print.
- A length of Basic Black Satin Ribbon hides the seam and adheres in the back. Then the layer was adhered on the front.
- The Thanks greeting from Oh My Goodies was stamped with Black Stazon on Hello Honey and cut with the Deco Labels Frametlits. It was stamped again on Old Olive and just the center Thanks banner cut out and adhered over the Hello Honey one. It was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- One of the pears in the DSP was cut out and adhered next to the greeting…another way to feature that DSP!
Isn’t it FUN…I love how it turned out! OK…now go check out the rest of the SUO Design Team at SUO Challenges to see what they came up with for this challenge!
This time over on SUO Challenges, our assignment was Cutting Edge, cards without the normal straight edge! How fun is that? I had to put on my thinking cap for this one! But, I ended up re-designing a card that I received from Chris Slogar at Leadership this year with the File Folder edge. Although Endless Birthday Wishes is not a new set, the Bohemian Designer Paper and fun Project Life Paper Clip Thinlets are new!
Here are the details:
- The base card of Blackberry Bliss cardstock was cut to 5-1/2 x 7-3/4 and scored at 4-1/4.
- Using the Envelope Board, punch the top right edge of the wider piece at 2-1/2 and 5-1/2 to form the tab on the right. Flip over and opposite corner punch again at 2-1/2 and 5-1/2 to for the bottom left tab. Use the Corner Rounder on the back of the Envelope Board to round the corners.
- Cut the Very Vanilla inside layer to 5-1/4 x 5-1/4, score at 1-1/4 and fold up to form a pocket for gift card. Cut the file folder top the same as above, then stamp Celebrate with Black Stazon ink. Adhere inside.
- Add a 1 x 5-1/4 strip of DSP to pocket on inside.
- Decorate outside of file folder with 2-1/4 x 5-1/2 Bohemian Designer Paper.
- Cut and punch the 1-1/4 strip of second pattern of Bohemian DSP using the banner punch.
- Cut and punch the 1-3/4 strip of Very Vanilla using banner punch.
- Stamp the birthday cake and greeting with Black Stazon, then watercolor with Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry and Bermuda Bay Markers.
- Cut the Project Life Paperclip from coordinating DSP and place so that it keeps the file folder closed.
Isn’t that fun? OK…go check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with the Cutting Edge challenge over on SUO Challenges! Lots of great ideas for making non-traditional cards!
Another fun SUO Challenge this time is to make a Sweet Treat! I decided to show the sweet treat favor I made for my Hawaii incentive trip 3D swap! These are filled with Mambo taffy candy. I made 28 of them for the swap and a couple friends…here they are ready to be packed in my suitcase!
- The Beautiful Bunch flower was stamped twice with Pumpkin Pie (Rich Razzleberry or Daffodil Delight) Ink on Whisper White, then punched with the Fun Flower punch.
- The leaves were the flower stamped with Old Olive Ink on Old Olive cardstock, punched, then cut the petals for leaves.
- The center Petite Petal image was stamped with Old Olive Ink on Whisper White and punched with the Petite Petals punch, then added to the center. A Rhinestone jewel was put in the center.
- I added a 1 3/4″ wide piece of Daffodil Delight to the top, added the flower and leaves. It’s Your Day from Fabulous Four was stamped with Pacific Point on a strip of Whisper White and cut with a flag end.
Here’s the side view. The candy was wrapped in the Brights Patterns Designer Paper and adhered to the bottom strip.
It’s time for another SUO Challenge…these time it is a Floral Theme…my favorite! I don’t know why, but I rarely pass up a floral set! One of the stamp sets that I’ll be sad to see leave the SU catalog is Stippled Blossoms! It makes such pretty two-tone roses!
This card is fun because it is 3D…and stands up on its’ own! It is all about how it is scored.
Here are the details:
- Cut a 5 x 11piece of Calypso Coral cardstock for the base. Score at 2-1/2, 4, 7, 8-1/2. Fold as shown (V, M, M, V folds).
- Cut a second from smallest Deco Label Framelit from Whisper White and stamp the greeting from Sumthin’ Sumthin’ in Tuxedo Black. Layer on the third from smallest Deco Label Framelit cut from Daffodil Delight cardstock. Add to the front panel with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add the two 2-1/4 x 4-3/4 Painted Blooms Designer Paper to each of the side panels.
- Stamp two roses, first with Daffodil Delight Ink on Whisper White, then add the Calypso Coral two-step. Stamp two sets of leaves with Wild Wasabi ink (stamp off for the leaf and full strength for the veins). Cut everything out and add it to the Deco Label with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I added some Pearls in the center of the roses.
I really like how this card looks and it stands up on the counter perfectly! OK…make sure to see the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team and see what they did!
Last time we had some issues with the website for SUO Challenges, so if you tried to view it, you may not have been able while it was off-line. But, it’s time for another SUO Challenge, this time our theme is Mother’s Day! Very timely as I need several for my Mother, Mother-in-law, and two Daughter-in-laws, one who will experience Mother’s Day for the first time! I pulled out my two favorite flower sets in the Occasions Catalog, Petal Potpourri and Mother’s Love!
I have always loved yellow, white and gray combination…one day I will do our bedroom in these colors! So clean and crisp looking! I also pulled out my embossing gun! I love the look of embossing, but I don’t use it as often as I should. White embossed on the yellow just pops! Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Daffodil Delight, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Smoky Slate, stamped with the mom greeting in Mother’s Love in Tuxedo Black ink.
- The Petal Potpourri flower was stamped three times with Versamark on Daffodil Delight and embossed with White Embossing Powder, then punched with the Flower Medallion Punch.
- One of the other Petal Potpourri flowers was stamped with Versamark and embossed with White Embossing Powder on Smoky Slate cardstock, then punched with the Flower Medallion Punch, too. It was cut up and used as leaves.
- The flowers and leaves were arranged on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
OK…did I say I love this color combination? Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team over on SUO Challenges this week and play along!
Time for another SUO Challenge! The theme this time is Fun Folds. I decided to do a twisted easel card for my Fun Fold. It does fold flat with the greeting on the front to fit in a standard envelope.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 8 1/2 Coastal Cabana, folded in half. Then with the fold on the left, scored diagonally from lower left to upper right.
- Along the flat bottom is a 2″ x 4 1/4″ piece of Best Year Ever DSP with a trim of Scallop Border Punch of Calypso Coral cardstock.
- The Crushed Curry Best Year Ever Accessory Ribbon is wrapped around and tied with a knot.
- The chick was inked with Crushed Curry and then the feet colored with Soft Suede Marker and stamped on Whisper White The beak is colored with Calypso Coral.
- The eyes are small pearls colored with the Crumb Cake Blendabilities Markers.
- The chick was cut with the Circle Framelit and layered on Soft Suede larger framelit.
- On the top triangle the 4×4 piece of Best Year Ever DSP was cut in half diagonally and adhered to the base.
- The greeting from For Peep’s Sake was stamped with White Craft Ink on Basic Black, then cut with the Label Framelit and layered on a larger framelit of Calypso Coral cardstock.
- I added some White Chalk dots and rhinestones along the edges.
Make sure to go check out the rest of the Design Team over on SUO Challenges to see what fun folds they came up with!
The theme this time over on SUO Challenges is Cards for Teens..how fun! I don’t have the need for many teen cards anymore…our sons and nieces and nephews are all adults now…but I’m sure I’ll have a need for one someday again and I know I don’t have many sitting around! So, I’m anxious to see all the ideas!
Here’s what I came up with! A milestone for most teenagers is learning to drive. In Ohio, they get their temporary permits at 15 1/2, but the permanent one is at age 16 and passing the tests. So…here’s a milestone 16th birthday card!
OK…isn’t that fun???? I took my colors from the Birthday Bash Designer Paper, love those little party hats printed on the paper! Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Tangelo Twist folded in half.
- The Night of Navy layer is 4 x 5 1/4 and a 2 x 5 1/4 piece of the Birthday Bash DSP is adhered along the bottom with the SAB Accessory Pack ribbon hiding the seam and adhered the ends to the back.
- The Whisper White license plate was cut 2 1/2 x 3 3/4, then added 1/2 x 3 3/4 strips of Crushed Curry across the top and Tangelo Twist to the bottom. The corners were rounded with the Project Life Corner Rounder. The plate holes were punch 1″ from each side at the top and bottom with the 1/8″ Circle Punch.
- Hooray! from Hooray It’s Your Birthday stamp set was stamped along the Tangelo Twist with Night of Navy Ink.
- 6TEEN was cut from Night of Navy cardstock with the Perfect Print Alphabet Dies and added to the center…can’t you just think of HUNDREDS of sayings you could put on there? lol!
- I added the license plate to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals slightly off center.
- I used the Star Framelits (smallest and next smallest) with Tangelo Twist Cardstock to make the star and tucked it under the left side of the plate. Then I punched the small star from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and added it to the center for a little bling.
OK…what do you think? I already have another one in mind that I have to make and will show you it soon! Make sure to check out the rest of the Teen card ideas over on SUO Challenges!