Archive for the ‘SUO Challenges’ Category:
It's time for another SUO Challenge…this time with a theme of butterflies! Pretty easy theme with all the butterfly images and punches and dies that Stampin' Up! has out in the catalogs right now!
I hope my card comes across as I intended. I was going for a butterfly house look using Aviary stamp set! You remember when I mentioned we were at the Niagara Falls Conservatory and saw all the butterflies? Well, they had these "cages" hanging around in the butterfly habitat and I thought to looked so neat! I also was able to use up some of the "starts" on my desk. I had most of the butterflies cut and the Aviary stamped Oval already done, and also the Window Framelit cut from Basic Black done! I was happy to get them off my desk and put into use. All the clutter starts to get to me after a while and I have to CLEAN them away! lol!
Here are the details:
- The base card is 4 1/4 x 11 Daffodil Delight, folded in half to make the base card.
- I added a 4 x 4 1/4 piece of Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Paper to the bottom. Then cut a 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece of the green polka dot on the reverse side to hide the seam.
- I used the Basic Black Window Frame Framelit and added a Whisper White Oval Framelit piece, stamped with the Aviary cage in Black Stazon on front. That was adhered to the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- The butterflies from Papillon Potpourri were stamped in Melon Mambo, Marina Mist, Pink Pirouette and Daffodil Delight, punched with the Bitty Butterfly punch and added to the front.
- I also punched butterfies from Daffodil Delight and the striped pattern in Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP.
- Each of the butterflies has a rhinestone jewel for the body, and were placed diagonally across the cage.
- I stamped Get Well Wishes from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Black Stazon on Daffodil Delight and punched with the Modern Label Punch, added to the bottom of the oval with more Stampin' Dimensionals.
Definitely a bright card to cheer someone up if they have been sick!
Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team over on SUO Challenges to see what they did with the Butterfly theme! And grab your stamps and play along! We love to see your creativity!
It's time for the SUO Challenge...this time we were challenged to use our Big Shot! Can be dies, folders…anything that uses one of our dies or folders. So grab yours and play along! You know you want to!
For my card, I used a combination of two different framelit sets…the Apothecary Accents and the Oval Framelits. Love the look it made framing the inside flower! I liked this layout so well, I made up another one using this set that you'll see later! lol! I am also thinking that I'll use the layout for my Fiji Swap cards…I need to make 25 of them and it does use a lot of Designer Paper…so we'll see! I have another set in mind to use for the inside.
Here are the details:
- The base is Calypso Coral (I know…it looks Tangerine Tango here!), cut to 4 1/4 x 11 and folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Tea for Two Designer Paper in the green print pattern.
- I cut the Apothecary Accent Framelit from Calypso Coral and cut out the larger Oval Framelit inside. TIP: You can do both at the same time!
- I also cut a smaller Oval from Very Vanilla to fit inside.
- I pierced around the edges of the Apothecary Accent with the Essentials Paper Piercing Pack. It is popped up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I used Calypso Coral and Lucky Limeade Markers to ink up the flower image in Oh Hello! and stamped on the Very Vanilla Oval. It is placed inside the Accent cutout with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I added a little piece of Calypso Coral Ribbon, tied in a knot with a Mini Glue Dot.
- I stamped With Love from Field Flowers with Early Espresso on a 1/2" scrap of Lucky Limeade, cut the flag end and added it to the front.
- Finally, I embellished with a trio of pearls at the top and bottom of the Accent and at the base of the flower.
I love how it turned out! I think this will be my mom's Mother's Day card this year. Hope she isn't looking!
Make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did over on SUO Challenges and come play along with us! We have some NEW faces this week, too!
We have a FUN challenge for you on SUO Challenges…create with a Monochromatic look! I don't think I've ever set out just to make a Monochromatic card! Yesterday's French Foliage card was monochromatic and green, too! I must be on a kick with green (maybe because we aren't seeing a lot of green around in Ohio yet! I know…I keep whining about wanting SPRING to get here! lol!)
But…here's my take on a monochromatic look.
Here are the details:
- Base is 4 1/4 x 11 Whisper White, folded in half.
- Layer is 3 3/4 x 5 Lucky Limeade cardstock, stamp 3 Secret Garden leaves with Lucky Limeade Ink on the front, stems together.
- Cut 3 small flowers from Vellum Cardstock with the Secret Garden Framelits.
- Punch three 1/2" Circles from Lucky Limeade Patterns Designer Paper and add to center of flowers.
- Add Pearls to Centers.
- Stamp Here's To You from Friendly Phrases (oops! thanks for catching that!) in Lucky Limeade on Whisper White, punch with Ticket Duo Punch.
- Tie Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon in a bow, add to front with Mini Glue Dot.
Clean and classy, huh? I think it fits the monochromatic theme pretty good!!!
Make sure to check out the rest of the SUO Challenge Team over on SUO Challenges to see what wonderful cards they created! Thanks for stopping by!
It's time for another SUO Challenge and the theme this time is Spring is in the Air. Of course, spring in Ohio always means LOTS of rain (or snow like this year!) I've been looking out my back door this past week and the robins are around with fat little tummies! So beautiful to hear the birds chirp in the morning.
I grabbed Rain or Shine because it says SPRING to me! Love the umbrellas in the DSP that coordinate with it, don't you?
Here are the details:
- 4 1/4 x 11 of Whisper White, folded in half to make base card.
- 3 1/2 x 4 piece of Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Paper, rounded the right corners.
- A coordinating piece of DSP in that package was cut to 5 x 1 1/2 and rounded the corners, too.
- I cut an Oval Framelit from Marina Mist and stamped the greeting at the bottom with Basic Gray.
- The Umbrella I stamped in Melon Mambo and the handle in Daffodil Delight, fussy cut them out and added to the oval with Stampin' Dimensionals. I added Rhinestone jewels along the fringe of the umbrella for some sweet sparkle!
- Another bit of sparkle is the Designer Builder Brad that I punched a 1/2" piece of DSP and adhered it inside the circle area with the clear topper, then cut off the legs of the brad to glue it to the front with Mini Glue Dots.
FUN, FUN, FUN!!! Don't you think it looks like Spring? I do! Go see what the other members of the SUO Challenge Design Team did this time over on SUO Challenges then play along!
OK..I must admit, this single stamp, Ears to You, is just the cutest Easter stamp! I love playing with it. My Easter cards (showing up later this week as a Create Challenge!) used TWO of the little bunnies. I used one of the left over third bunnies for this card for the SUO Challenge this week! I didn't want him to be lonely just sitting on my desk! lol!
I also pulled out a folder I haven't used for a while…the Framed Tulip Border one. I thought it fit perfectly with the spring theme of Easter Parade! Here are the details on my card:
- 4 1/4 x 11 Melon Mambo, folded in half to form base card.
- 4 x 5 1/4 Whisper White, embossed with the Framed Tulip Border folder.
- 3 1/4 x 3 1/2 piece of Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Paper (I'm already on my second pack of this paper!), layered on a 3 1/2 x 4 piece of Melon Mambo, punched with the Scallop Trim Border Punch, then trimmed.
- Wrap around some Old Olive Striped Ribbon and tie a knot along the left side.
- I embossed the Oval Designer Frame on Whisper White, then cut it out and placed on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- The single bunny was stamped with Daffodil Delight and cut out. He is also placed on the front with a Stampin' Dimensional and added a small Pearl for his eye.
- Finally, I stamped Happy Easter Everybunny! from the stamp set, Everybunny, in Basic Gray along the bottom. I love that greeting (and another great Easter set!)
Make sure to check out what the rest of the SUO Challenge Team did this week! Some fabulous Easter ideas!
Over on SUO Challenge this time, it's all about GO GREEN! I was kicking myself when the only current St. Patrick's Day stamp I could find that I had was the little shamrock in Every Little Bit (or the teeny tiny one in Itty Bitties!) But…then I thought the owl would look cute dressed up in St. Patrick's Day finery! So…here he is! Can you tell what I used for the hat????
I actually LOVE how this turned out!!! Love the two shades of green, even though they probably SHOULD clash, they work together nicely for this card! Here are the details!
- Started with a 4 1/4 x 11 piece of Garden Green cardstock, folded in half to make base card.
- Added a layer of 4 x 5 1/4 Whisper White over top.
- Next is a 2 1/2 x 4 piece of Sunshine & Sprinkles polka dot Designer Paper.
- I wrapped the Old Olive Striped Ribbon around and tied on the front towards the left side.
- I used the shamrock image from Every Little Bit in Basic Black randomly over top of the DSP. Really personalized it, didn't it?
- I cut the 3rd from smallest Window Frame from Garden Green, then added a 2 1/2" Circle punched from Whisper White cardstock.
- For the Owl: I punched the owl from Basic Black cardstock, the vest from the same Polka Dot DSP. The eyes were 3/8" Circles of Whisper White with 1/4" Circles of Garden Green on top, then the Basic Black pupils. I also punched a 3/8" of Basic Black, cut it in half, and added the eyelids to his eyes. The heart is from Garden Green cardstock, too.
- For the Hat: I punched the Small Oval from Lucky Limeade, then punched the opening again (not the punched piece)…that made my hat brim, I trimmed off the excess points on the end. Then I punched the Petite Curly Punch from Lucky Limeade, and cut off diagonal slivers on each side so it looked tapered. I did the same with Basic Black for the hat band as I did for the brim, just trimming it at the sides of the hat! Finally, a Rhinestone jewel in the center of the hatband!
- The owl is added to the front of the Whisper White circle with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I stamped Happy St. Patrick's Day from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Basic Black on Lucky Limeade and punched with the Modern Label Punch. It's placed under the Owl feet so he is standing on it!
Hope you like him…I do! Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team on SUO Challenges…then grab your GREEN and play along!
Today's Stampin' Up! Only Challenge is to use our Sale-a-bration products. I gave myself another challenge to use something I hadn't used already! So, I pulled out Feeling Sentimental. I love the phone booth in this set. I guess because I took early retirement from the phone company after 20 years! I also used Sale-a-bration Designer Paper and the SAB embossing folder!
Here are the details:
- 4 1/4 x 11 piece of Sahara Sand cardstock. I embossed the bottom front with the Vine Street folder.
- I cut the Sycamore Street DSP to 2 x 4 1/4, the layered it on 2 1/4 x 4 1/4 of Not Quite Navy cardstock.
- I stamped the phone booth from Feeling Sentimental with Tangerine Tango on Whisper White and cut with the Oval Framelits, then matted it on a larger size Not Quite Navy framelit.
- I stamped Celebrate with Not Quite Navy on 1/2 strip of Summer Starfruit and cut flag ends, then adhered to the bottom of the ovals.
- I punched one of the "stars" from a piece of the Sycamore Street Designer Paper with the 1/2" Circle Punch, adhered it inside the small flattened Soda Pop Top and added a Rhinestone jewel in the center. I added it to the front with Mini Glue Dots.
Make sure to check out what the rest of the SUOC Design Team did this week over on SUO Challenges! I saw a sneak peek of one card and it was FABULOUS!
Well, back to Valentine's for me. Today we have a CAS (Clean & Simple) Valentine card challenge for you over on SUO Challenges! Here is my card. I love the hanging heart!
- The base card is Very Vanilla, 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, folded in half.
- The Raspberry Ripple layer is 4 x 5 1/4. The More Amore Designer Paper is 2 x 5 1/4 across the bottom.
- I added some Sale-A-Bration Pool Party Sycamore Street Ribbon to hide the seam.
- I stamped the Scallop Heart from Hearts a Flutter and cut it with the Framelits.
- The Primrose Petals is punched with the Full Heart Punch and a 3/4" Circle punched out of the center of it. The Full Heart is popped up on the Scallop Heart with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- In the center of the circle is the Small Heart Punch from Red Glimmer Paper.
- I added a "hanger" of Pool Party Ribbon and added a bow from the same ribbon, so the heart is hanging down.
- Finally, I added the Cross My Heart greeting, partially tucked under the heart and stamped with Raspberry Ripple on Very Vanilla, then cut the flag end.
Another Valentine that I like. Is it Clean & Simple? Maybe a little over…but pretty close, I think. Check out the rest of the Design Team over on SUO Challenges.
Not a lot of stamping on here, but I did use the More Amore Designer Paper that I LOVE! This is for the SUO Challenge this week to use our "NEW TOYS"! There is a similar look to the card I did yesterday with the Hearts of Flutter framelits, but I changed up the greeting banner and colors. Don't you LOVE those scallop hearts you can cut apart on the More Amore DSP?
Please note…this is my second post of the day…make sure to check out the other one HERE.
Here are the details, using lots of new toys, of course!
- Base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 of Very Vanilla, folded in half.
- I layered a 3 3/4 x 5 piece of Primrose Petals Core'dinations paper that I embossed with the Honeycomb folder and sanded.
- I cut a 1 1/2 x 5 piece of Pool Party cardstock an used the Needlepoint folder on one edge, then added a 1 x 5 strip of More Amore Designer Paper.
- The Scallop Heart was cut from the Primrose Petals sheet in More Amore.
- I used the Hearts a Flutter framelits to cut the small heart and the tag again, tying with Crochet Trim and Linen Thread and popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals. There is also a Rhinestone Jewel in the corner.
- I stamped the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Basic Black on a 1/2 x 3 1/2 strip of Pool Party and folded the ends into the banner look with flag cut ends. I added two more Rhinestone jewels on each end.
I think I have a really great start on my Valentine Cards this year, don't you think?
Make sure to check out the rest of the SUO Challenge Team to see what they did with the New Toys Challenge on SUO Challenges.
Merry Christmas, everyone!
I hope you have a wonderful holiday filled with family and friends…relaxing (or not!)
Today on SUO Challenges, our theme was "Everything Blue". Since today is a special Holiday, I decided to do ONE more Christmas card. Make sure you check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this challenge over on SUO Challenges.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11, folded in half.
- I added a 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 layer of Island Indigo below a layer of 3 3/4 x 5 of Whisper White.
- There is a 1 1/2 x 3 3/4 strip of Pool Party Patterns Designer Paper and I stamped Noel from Greetings of the Season in Island Indigo on top.
- I stamped the ornament from Ornament Keepsakes in Island Indigo and the center with Pool Party and cut them with the Holiday Colllection framelits. I cut a piece of Silver Glimmer Paper for the "hanger", then added Pool Party Bakers Twine in a bow at the top…plus a tiny strip of Pool Party cardstock for the thread.
- I cut the two smallest snowflakes from Snow Flurry with Silver Glimmer Paper and layered together, then added a 3/8" Circle of Island Indigo and a large Rhinestone in the center.
Funny story, I was actually inspired by a hand towel that I saw with a similar design. I thought the colors were beautiful and loved the combination of ornament and snowflake! See…it pays to pay attention while you are shopping for Christmas gifts!
Thanks for stopping by! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!