Woohoo!!! Did you notice that we have opened the Early Bird registration for Create with Connie and Mary Spring Occasions 2013? You don't want to miss out! Sign up today before the cost savings goes away! With over 30 projects with step-by-step PHOTO instructions at a price of $29.95 US, you can't go wrong…that is less than $1 per tutorial! These are perfect for your classes and stamp camps! But…customers are welcome, too! We will be starting January 20th…hurry and sign up today over at Create with Connie and Mary!
And…it's Thursday…and that means we have a NEW challenge! We are doing a sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary…and it is a FUN one so we hope you play along! Since I had my Oh Whale! stamp set out already…I decided it use it again for my challenge card this week!
And here is my Oh Whale! card! As I mentioned yesterday, I love the greetings in this set! This one is perfect for Valentine's Day!
Here are the details:
- I took my colors from the upcoming Sale-A-Bration Designer Paper, Sycamore Street! I thought the swirls in the one pattern looked like waves.
- I cut three rectangles of the wave DSP to 1 x 3-1/2 and layered them on 1 1/8 x 3 5/8" of Pool Party cardstock.
- I cut the medallion print at 1 3/4 x 5 1/2, then cut the flag end. It is layered on 1 7/8 x 5 1/2 Pool Party, and matched the flag end.
- I stamped the whale from that cute Oh Whale! stamp set in Rich Razzleberry on Whisper White and cut it with the clearlit die. I added a rhinestone for the eye and tied Pool Party Bakers Twine in a bow around the tail.
- I made a pennant banner from Summer Starfruit, folding back the ends, and stamped the greeting, Whale you be mine? in Rich Razzleberry on it. I added rhinestones on each of the ends, too.
- Finally, I placed the whale and banner on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals, then stamped the heart "spout" with Rich Razzleberry directly on the designer paper.
I must admit…I was SO wrong about this set. I really do LOVE it! I didn't know if I really would get much use out of it, but it is so whimsical, I can see me reaching for it quite frequently!
Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team designs this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! We each have very different looks using the sketch! AND..while you are there…don't forget to sign up for the Spring Edition 2013!