Posts Tagged ‘Acorny Thank You’
The theme this week on SUO Challenges this week is Celebrations of All Kinds! Make sure to stop by the SUO Challenges blog…we have a NEW look!
With attention in the retail stores going from Halloween to Christmas, Thanksgiving seems to be getting squeezed out! So, I thought I’d bring a little celebration with my Thanksgiving card so the holiday isn’t forgotten! I LOVE how my turkey turned out! Can you tell what I used for the body?
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Cajun Craze, folded in half.
- On top, the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake is embossed with the Pretty Paisleys Folder.
- The body of the turkey is the Snow Friends Framelit snowman shape cut from Chocolate Chip cardstock. The legs are the snowman arms cut from Pumpkin Pie cardstock. The beak is a triangle cut from Pumpkin Pie cardstock. The wattle along the beak is the holly framelit from the same Snow Friends Framelit Set cut in half.
- The eyes are the small circles in the Cookie Builder Punch from Whisper White cardstock and colored with a Basic Black Marker.
- The “feathers” are the leaves from May Flower Framelits cut from Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Daffodil Delight, and Real Red cardstock.
- Thankful banner from Acorny Thank You was stamped with Cajun Craze Ink on Whisper White and hand cut then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
What do you think? I love how it turned out! OK…go check out the new blog look and see what our Design Team did with the Celebration theme this week over on SUO Challenges!
Our theme this time over on SUO Challenges is Pocket Cards! I love doing these, especially for gift card holders! In fact, I needed one for a SU gift certificate someone purchased as a thank you, so I finished that up early!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 1-1/4 and 4-1/4, fold the short tab down and use the Project Life Corner Rounder on the top and flap edges.
- Emboss the back with the Woodgrain Folder.
- Seal the pocket with Tear & Tape Adhesive along the inside edges.
- Cut a 2-1/2 x 5-1/2 piece of Into the Woods Designer Paper and place along the bottom, then seal the flap down with Tear & Tape Adhesive.
- Across the flap, use the Happy Hauntings Washi Tape.
- Punch a 2-1/2 Circle of Early Espresso and place on the front of the pocket with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the acorn base from Acorny Thank You on Whisper White with Crumb Cake Ink and the tops with Hello Honey and Tangelo Twist Inks, use the Acorn Builder Punch to punch them out and adhere on the circle with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Add Early Espresso Candy Dots to the acorns.
- Stamp Thankful from Acorny Thank You with Mossy Meadow Ink on Whisper White, then cut with Banner Framelits or hand-cut. Tuck under the acorns.
- Inside cut a 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Thick Whisper White, round the top corners.
- Add 3/4 x 5 strip of Into the Woods Designer Paper.
- Stamp the Acorn with Crumb Cake Ink and the top with Hello Honey. Stamp the greeting with Tangelo Twist Ink.
- Tuck inside the pocket!
OK…check out what the rest of the Design Team did over on SUO Challenges with the pocket card theme! Then grab your stamps and play along!
It’s time for a new sketch challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary…come play along!
A funny story about my card. I have had this card done for a couple weeks. Earlier this week I saw Chris post her Acorny Thank You card to our loading area and noticed it used the same stamp set as mine. So, I went ahead and made a second card using Flurry of Wishes snowflakes. Then, Jenny uploaded HER snowflake card to our loading area. Ours were almost identical! So…since my Acorny Thank You card wasn’t as similar to Chris’s card as mine was the Jenny’s card, I went back to my original version! lol! I’ll post my snowflake one at another time!
Here are the details to recreate this card:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Rich Razzleberry, folded in half to form base card.
- A 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 piece of Into the Woods Designer Paper was placed across the top of a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake.
- The 1/4″ Rich Razzleberry Cotton Ribbon hides the seam and wraps to the back of the Crumb Cake layer to adhere.
- The acorns from Acorny Thank You were stamped with Mossy Meadow, Hello Honey, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie and Early Espresso Inks on Whisper White cardstock, then punched with the Acorn Punch. They were placed along the bottom of the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Thankful from Acorny Thank You was stamped with Crumb Cake Ink on Whisper White and cut out. A Neutrals Button was tied with Gold Cording in a bow and added to the greeting. It is popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Fun card…love that acorn punch! Check out the rest of the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary for some inspiration using this sketch!