Posts Tagged ‘calendar’
Every year I re-cover a calendar to have on my desk to keep track of my classes and activities. I remove the ugly vinyl cover and add cardstock and designer paper. This year I couldn’t resist using the Botanical Blooms stamp set, framelits and Botanical Garden Designer paper. Did you know that ALL of that comes with the Bundle for only $51.75???!!! Stampin’ Up! added the DSP to the bundle for this one! Makes sense because it is a perfect match!
Of course, I took all my colors from the Designer Paper. Here are the details:
- I measured the front and back of the calendar then covered the front and back with Hello Honey cardstock, leaving about 1″ uncovered along the folded edge.
- I cut the bottom piece of Botanical Gardens Designer Paper and adhered over the cardstock. Then used a 1/2″ strip of coordinating designer paper to cover the seam.
- The Cajun Craze band was cut 3″ wide and scored down the center at 1-1/2 so that it would fold along the edge easily and hide the uncovered part. I used Tear & Tape on this piece because of all the movement it will get.
- The 2016 numbers from Large Numbers Framelits were cut from Gold Glimmer Paper and adhered above the DSP.
- The veins in the leaves were stamped with Mossy Meadow Ink on Mossy Meadow Cardstock, then cut with the Botanical Builder Framelits.
- Flowers were cut from Whisper White, Pool Party and Cajun Craze cardstock, then assembled around the numbers. I LOVE that several of the flowers are “cut” so they have more dimension and pop out!
- I used the Perfect White Accents for the centers. In the large flower I colored it with a Black Sharpie Marker.
It will be so much fun to look at my calendar all year around and enjoy this design! SO much better than that vinyl black cover!
Do you want even MORE details on using Occasions and Sale-A-Bration stamps and supplies?
We are getting ready for our JANUARY 2016 MINI SESSION with projects using stamp sets from the new Occasions Catalog and Sale-A-Bration brochures! Get some great ideas for your January, February and Spring classes! You are going to LOVE these! PLUS check out the VALENTINE SPECIAL BONUS below!
Sets we are using for the January session, opening January 11th:
- Flowering Fields
- Botanical Blooms
- Apple of My Eye
- First Sight
- Beautiful Ride
- What I Love
- Easter Lamb
- Balloon Celebration
- Party Wishes
- Pyramid Pals
plus BONUS VALENTINE project
Every year I try to decorate my paper calendar that sits on my desk. Although I keep a lot of appts on my phone, my desk calendar is my BIBLE…reminders and dates, birthdays, etc., all get placed in this master calendar. So, I want it to look pretty, right? And…flowers are my favorite things to stamp…so how could I resist using the new Petal Potpourri stamp set to decorate my calendar? And, I needed a matching birthday card, right?
Stamps: Petal Potpourri Stamp Set
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Basic Black
Inks: Crushed Curry, Tangelo Twist, Bermuda Bay, Mossy Meadow
Accessories: Birthday Bash Designer Paper, Flower Medallion Punch, 7/8 Scallop Circle Punch, Petite Petals Punch, Itty Bitty Accents Punch, Hello Honey Ribbon, Rhinestones, Label Framelits, Perfect Print Numbers Bigz Dies, White Chalk Pen
Here’s a closeup of the card, too! This is fun because the greeting is from the Sale-A-Bration set, Big Day, and I embossed it with White Embossing Powder on Basic Black, then used my Blendabilities Markers (Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay and Pumpkin Pie) to color over the White Embossing. I love that look! I also drew around the edges with the White Chalk Pen. The flowers are the same as I used on the calendar, but I used the little center circle image for the background with Bermuda Bay ink on the Bermuda Bay cardstock!
Stamps: Big Day, Petal Potpourri
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Basic Black, Crushed Curry
Inks: Crushed Curry, Tangelo Twist, Mossy Meadow, White Craft
Blendabilities: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Coastal Cabana
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Label Framelits, Flower Medallion Punch, 7/8 Scallop Circle Punch, Petite Petals Punch, Itty Bitty Accents Punch, Birthday Bash Designer Paper, Rhinestones, White Chalk Pen
OK…aren’t those wonderful ideas and a great glimpse of the new Occasions and Sale-A-Bration catalogs? I think so. Now, go check out the rest of the Control Freak Swappers on the Tour de Freaks blog hop! Next up is Melissa Davies...another of my favorites!
Wow…it's time for the December Tour de Freaks! This month's theme is using products from the Occasions Mini Catalog! I know we are all anxious to move on from making holiday cards! You've probably just come from Wendy Weixler's blog...weren't her projects fabulous? Make sure you continue on around the entire tour…we're SMALL but MIGHTY this month!
I'm showing off Stampin' Up!'s stamp set, Peaceful Petals, from the new Occasions Mini. It will be available beginning January 3, 2014! I made a card and matching calendar…mainly because I need a new calendar for my Studio! lol!
Here's a closeup of the calendar. The base is a 4 1/4 x 11 sized card, folded in half. Then I added a scored piece in the center to help it stand up. That is 4 1/4 x 5, scored with the 5" along the top at 1, 2 1/2, and 4 and adhered the flaps inside.
Here is the back side that I decorated, too. I used the new Watercolor Wonder Designer Paper.
And, of course, the matching card. The flowers and leaves are watercolored with Stampin' Write Markers and an AquaPainter. I added a pearl to the center of the flowers.
Doesn't it just say SPRING to you?
OK, next up on the Tour de Freaks blog hop is Patty Bennett! Her items are wonderful as usual! Enjoy the tour and see some FABULOUS Occasions Mini projects!
I like to provide a calendar for my Stamp Club members every year. Here is the 2013 one we did at our last Stamp Club event! I love the "fresh" look of the Pleasant Poppies image…makes me think SPRING, even though we still have about 8 inches of snow on the ground!
What makes it nice is the the easel stand folds up and makes it the same size as a regular card, so it fits in a standard envelope to mail!
- Fold 4 1/4 x 11 in half to form base card.
- Stamp the Pleasant Poppies in Black Stazon partially on the front and full across the back.
- Watercolor with Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight and Gumball Green Stampin' Write Markers.
- Cut next to largest size of Label Framelit from Real Red Polka Dot Parade DSP, score across lengthwise and adhere on each side of Whisper White base card score line. Trim off excess on sides.
- Score 4 1/4 x 5 Whisper White piece at 1, 2-1/2, and 4. Crease into Valley, Mountain, Valley fold and adhere the short tabs to the inside of the base card as shown.
- Tie Gumball Green Satin Stitched Ribbon around front panel and tie a knot.
- Add Calender to 2 1/2 x 3 1/4 Gumball Green mat and adhere to front of easel calendar.
Look for me at Leadership…I'll have a few of these to swap!
Woohoo!!! Did you notice that we have opened the Early Bird registration for Create with Connie and Mary Spring Occasions 2013? You don't want to miss out! Sign up today before the cost savings goes away! With over 30 projects with step-by-step PHOTO instructions at a price of $29.95 US, you can't go wrong…that is less than $1 per tutorial! These are perfect for your classes and stamp camps! But…customers are welcome, too! We will be starting January 20th…hurry and sign up today over at Create with Connie and Mary!
This was the 3D item I did for an organized swap at Convention…I needed to make 18 of them. It is an clear acrylic picture frame with a magnet on the back. I purchased them at Michael’s for 99 cents each. I used my Crop A Dile to punch two holes at the top (actually the bottom of the frame) so I could run ribbon thru it to hang it if they wanted.
The insert is a base of Pink Pirouette cardstock and Bella Rose check paper. I did the scallop punch on a strip of Riding Hood Red for under the checked paper. Dreams stamp from Dreams Du Jour was stamped with Chocolate Chip on Whisper White, then I used my blender pen to pick up the colors of Kiwi Kiss and Pink Pirouette for coloring. A mini Ruby Red brad is in the center of the largest flower. I just placed a strip of Kiwi Kiss paper behind the Dreams stamp for some added color. I dyed the White Grosgrain Ribbon with Kiwi Kiss ink, slid it thru the holes and tied them in the back. I added a medium calendar I purchased from www.skybluepink.com. Makes a nice gift! I like to do these for small gifts at the holidays!
I think I caught up on my sleep a little bit…evidentally we had a bad storm last night…I didn’t even hear it. lol!