Posts Tagged ‘CAS’
I love the Blooms & Wishes stamp set. It wasn’t one that I immediately had to have, but started seeing some beautiful cards done with it and it grew on me! This is a CAS one layer and base card that looks so much more than it is! Don’t you LOVE those type of cards?
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Daffodil Delight cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White that is washed with Soft Sky Ink and an AquaPainter to give a soft blue color in the background.
- After dry, the large daisy flower was stamped with Daffodil Delight Ink with a Memento Black center and colored with Pumpkin Pie marker in the center. The smaller flowers were stamped with Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo Inks. Then the leaves with Old Olive Ink.
- For You from the Blooms & Wishes set was stamped with Memento Black Ink.
- Finally, a trio of Rhinestones in the background!
How is that for simple? OK…make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team for SUO Challenges did this week with this theme! I’m sure they will have some great ideas!
It’s a color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenges! Isn’t it pretty?
Here’s what I did…a little non-traditional for flowers, but it works!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock, a 2-1/2 x 4 piece of Tempting Turquoise Brights Collection Pattern paper was hand-cut on a curve and added to the bottom.
- The stem from Flourish Thinlits was cut from Island Indigo cardstock and adhered to the front.
- The flower from Flourishing Phrases was stamped twice with Flirty Flamingo Ink and hand cut, then layered on top of each other.
- A 1/2″ Circle was punched from scrap Tempting Turquoise polka dot paper and added to the center of the flower with a Perfect White Accent in the center. The flower is popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Just a Note from the same stamp set was stamped with Island Indigo Ink.
That’s it! Nice and clean design! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Hello Honey, folded in half. The bottom corners are rounded with the Project Life Corner Rounder.
- The 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White has the Thankful greeting in the hostess set, Six Sayings, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The bottom corners are also rounded.
- The leaf from Lighthearted Leaves is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on scrap Whisper White, then colored with Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey, Old Olive, and Rich Razzleberry Stampin’ Write Markers. It was then cut with the Leaflet Framelits and popped up on the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Gold Cording was tied in a bow, and added to the stem with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Finally, three orange sequins from the Brights Collection were added with the Fine Tip Glue Pen (LOVE that stuff!)
OK…check out the rest of the Create with Connie and Mary Design Team cards by continuing on the Blog Hop. Your next stop is the Create with Connie and Mary website where you can find out about our NEW October 2015 Mini Session! It opens on October 11th! Here are a few details:
Sets used for this collection:
- Holly Jolly Greetings
- Vintage Leaves
- Your Presents
- Happy Scenes
- Thankful Forest Friends
- BONUS: Reason for the Season
Here’s a little teaser for our October Collection…so…what are you waiting for? Join today!
I love this greeting in Seasonal Sayings from the Holiday Mini (yes! It is still available as a carryover in the Spring Mini!) My card today fits two challenges over on Splitcoaststampers, the Clean & Simple Love is in the Air Challenge (CAS207) and Technique Lovers Challenge (TLC416) for Dry Embossing & Sanding Designer Paper.
And, this really is simple!
- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Whisper White, folded in half to make base card.
- Cut the red Polka Dot pattern from Summer Smooches Designer Paper to 4 3/4 x 3 1/2, run thru the Big Shot with the Honeycomb folder to emboss.
- Sand the raised portion of the Honeycomb embossing, add to the front of the base card.
- I stamped the Love You twice, once in Real Red and once in Basic Black. I used the 3/8" Circle Punch (Itty Bitty Punches) to punch out the heart in the O on the Basic Black one.
- I cut the Love You with the Apothecary Accents Framelit and then another one from Basic Black.
- The Basic Black accent is adhered to the center of the front, then I used Stampin' Dimensionals to pop up the Whisper White Love You one over top and added the Black Heart Circle on top of the greeting with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Finally, I added the trio of small Pearls above and below the greeting on the Basic Black accent.
Clean & Simple…and a wow technique for your class! I love it!
We've started Nature Week this week for the Create with Connie and Mary Spring Edition! It's not too late to join! We are just starting Week 4, but you can see all the projects we've posted so far. AND, they will stay available for up to a year after the session closes so you can refer back to them 24/7! For a price of $34.95 US for over 30 step-by-step photo tutorials…you can't go wrong! Join us today!
I was SO excited to see this Bold Snowflake as part of the Single Stamp promotion! AND…it fits in the Blossom punch!!! A double bonus for me since I love me punches! lol! Our theme for the Stampin' Up! Only Challenge SUOC58 this time is CAS Christmas…clean and simple style of cards! I think my card fits that challenge perfectly! Wouldn't it be easy to crank out a bunch of these for Christmas Cards? Wouldn't take much time at all! Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team's entries for some Clean & Simple Christmas cards! You are going to love them!
Here are my details:
- Fold a 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Whisper White cardstock in half to form base card.
- Emboss the front with Petals A Plenty folder.
- Cut a 3 3/4 x 5 piece of Whisper White layer.
- Stamp Christmas Cheer from Sweet Essentials in Raspberry Ripple in the lower left corner, adhere to base card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the Bold Snowflake in Raspberry Ripple on scrap Whisper White and punch with Blossom Punch, adhere to front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Cut a Silver Glimmer small snowflake from Snow Flurry Bigz Die and add to center of snowflake with Mini Glue Dot
- Add a round clear Itty Bitty button tied with White Baker's Twine in the center with Mini Glue Dot. (Can be eliminated if you don't want to pay extra postage when mailing)
So, I'm pretty happy with my CAS card…what do you think?
Again, make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team on SUO Challenges!