Posts Tagged ‘Color challenge’
It’s Thursday and time for the weekly challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! It is a Color Challenge this week…hope it gets you inspired to make something great!
I thought right away of using my Four Feathers stamp set…it hadn’t been inked up yet! But, I love that it has coordinating Framelits to match the feathers! And feathers are REALLY hot right now in decorating…have you noticed them?
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Pool Party folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Hello Honey!
- On the 3 3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White, I stamped the Dotty Angles image with Hello Honey ink.
- Next I used It’s Your Birthday from Big News stamp set with Basic Gray ink.
- I stamped two of the feathers in Four Feathers with Pool Party ink on Whisper White, then cut with the Feathers Framelits Dies. I tied some Daffodil Delight Bakers Twine in a double bow and adhered it over the feathers. They were popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally, I colored some Rhinestones with the Coastal Cabana Blendabilities Markers (darkest one) and added them to the front and the Exclamation Point!
I love the fun, whimsical look to this card and hope you enjoy it, too!
So…don’t forget…it is Holiday Card “Create”tions PREVIEW WEEK over on Create with Connie and Mary. Make sure to sign up for our next session starting on Sunday! We are doing one week of Fall/Halloween card sets and two weeks of Christmas…NOTHING BUT CARDS…for only $19.95 US!
It’s Thursday and Create with Connie and Mary has a FUN color challenge for you to try this week! Since I already had my Garden Party stamp set sitting on my desk, I decided to go ahead and use it again!
These colors are direct from the Moonlight Designer Paper Pack, so I grabbed that DSP to use, too. Luckily I had a couple scraps and this came together pretty quickly! If the sketch looks familiar, it is a past CCMC challenge!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Hello Honey, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Blackberry Bliss cardstock.
- On top of that is a 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 layer of Sahara Sand. I added 1/2″ strips of the Moonlight DSP both vertically and horizontally.
- I cut the Window Frames Framelit with Blackberry Cardstock and placed it at the intersection of the DSP.
- I punched a 2″ Circle of Whisper White and stamped the border image in Garden Party across the center in Blackberry Bliss Ink. Then adhered the circle to the Window Frames Framelit.
- I stamped the flowers three times with Hello Honey Ink and three times with Sahara Sand Ink on Whisper White and cut out the blossom and leaves separately. I placed them back together in the center of the circle with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally I stamped Hooray for You! with Blackberry Bliss Ink above the DSP.
I really like how this turned out! Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team this week to see what they did with the color challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
It’s time for another Create with Connie and Mary challenge…this time it is a soft and pretty color combination! Lots of diversity from the Challenge Team…love the ideas!
I chose to use the new Framelits, Flower Fair, that I received on Stampin’ Up!’s Incentive Trip Cruise! I can’t wait to get my hands on the matching stamp set on June 2! I love that it has leaves and stems along with all different sizes of flowers! I also used my Envelope Punch Board for a different look on the banner strip down the middle!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Soft Sky, embossed with the Honeycomb folder and folded in half.
- I cut a 2 3/4 x 5 1/2 strip of Whisper White, then punched the notches at the 4″ mark on each side with the Envelope Punch Board.
- I stamped Enjoy from Simply Celebrate Stamp Set with Basic Gray at the bottom.
- I wrapped the Silver 1/8″ Ribbon around and tied a knot on the front.
- I cut a 1/2 x 2 3/4″ strip of Basic Gray to go across the banner, then added a 1/4 x 2 3/4″ strip of Silver Glimmer Paper along the bottom of it.
- I cut the flower from the Flower Fair Framelits from Soft Sky cardstock and the stem from Sahara Sand and added them to the front (the flower I used Stampin’ Dimensionals).
- I punched a 1 1/4″ Scallop Circle from Silver Glimmer Paper for the center, then used the Framelits for the smaller scallop circle of Basic Gray inside it.
- For a little bling, I added a Rhinestone Jewel in the center of the flower.
I don’t know about you, but I can’t WAIT to order from the new catalog! Not too much longer now! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week on Create with Connie and Mary!
Oh what a FUN color challenge today over on Create with Connie and Mary! I thought it was perfect for the High Tide Designer Paper package, so I grabbed it to use on my card.
Here's my card using Hello Sailor stamp set. I bought this set mainly for the greeting "You're My Best Mate!" Love it…perfect for my husband as he has had many boats over the years!
Here are the details:
- I used a 4 1/4 x 11 base of Summer Starfruit, folded in half.
- I cut a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White, and used the Deco Label Framelit to cut out the shape. Then I used Pacific Point Ink to place the greeting on the base Summer Starfruit cardstock.
- Along the bottom, I cut a 2 1/2 x 4 piece of High Tide Designer Paper and adhered it to the bottom. Along the seam, I added a 1/2 x 4 piece of Pacific Point Cardstock.
- I used White Bakers Twine and wrapped it around several times to resemble nautical rope!
- I stamped the Wheel from Hello Sailor with Pacific Point on Whisper White and used the Circle Framelits to cut it out, then layered it on another circle of Pacific Point. In the center I placed an Vintage Button Brad.
- I punched out some Banner punches from the High Tide Designer Paper and lined them up along the White Baker's Twine.
I'm happy with how it turned out! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week with the color challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! And…check out our PREVIEW WEEK for the new Card Create-tions 2014 Edition that starts next Sunday! It's all about cards! Over 72 EXCLUSIVE cards using 18 stamp sets from the main and Occasions catalogs! Don't miss out…sign up today!
It's time for another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! This week it is a Color Challenge…perfect for Christmas or Winter! I've used it a lot with Snow Day, so pulled that out again to use today! Make sure to check over on Create with Connie and Mary to see what the Challenge Team has done this week with these colors!
I also wanted to use the single stamp "tag", Be Merry! I thought it worked out perfectly for the background greeting.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Coastal Cabana, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Real Red cardstock, embossed with the Stylish Stripes folder.
- I stamped the Be Merry single stamp with Real Red on Whisper White and cut it out, then colored the leaves with the Coastal Cabana marker.
- Along the bottom, I added a 1 1/2 x 4 piece of Winter Frost DSP and added the Coastal Cabana Ruffled Ribbon along the top and a 1/4" strip of Silver Glimmer Paper along the bottom.
- I stamped off the snowman in Snow Day with Smoky Slate Ink onto Whisper White. Then added the face with Black Stazon, nose with Pumpkin Pie, scarf and hat with Coastal Cabana. I cut him with the Circle Framelits and layered on the next size Circle Framelit of Coastal Cabana. He is popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals on the front of the card.
- At the top, I added a Silver Glimmer Star on the small Circle Framelit of Coastal Cabana and added a Rhinestone to his scarf.
Note: When I purchased this stamp, I knew I'd use it more for a greeting than for a To/From Tag, so I cut out that portion of the image. I keep it in the same bag so I can use it only when I actually want it!
We are in the middle of Week 3 with Create with Connie and Mary Winter Collection 2013 and it's not too late to join! This week we are working on some FUN holiday and Christmas projects! Each of our tutorials comes with step-by-step PHOTO directions so it is easy to follow along! Come join us! Get more details and sign up at Create with Connie and Mary!
It's time for another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday color challenge that anyone can play along with! It is a gorgeous color combination. I'm so happy Stampin' Up! introduced Bermuda Bay and the lighter Smoky Slate colors!
I thought I'd use my Stampin' Up! Too Kind stamp set…stamping it in these non-traditional flower colors!
Here are the details:
- The 4 1/4 x 11 base of Bermuda Bay is folded in half to make the base card.
- I embossed the 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Smoky Slate with the new Beautifully Baroque folder.
- Across the front, I added Bermuda Bay Designer Paper Stack pattern (I'm LOVING these patterns!)
- I stamped a 2 1/4 x 4 3/4 piece of Whisper White with the Too Kind stamp set and Bermuda Bay for the flowers (background stamped off) and Smoky Slate for the stems.
- At the top and bottom I added a 2 1/4 x 1/2 piece of Basic Black cardstock.
- I used Rhinestone jewels at the base of each blossom for a little extra bling.
- I tied White Bakers Twine in a bow and added it to the largest flower.
- Finally, I stamped the greeting with Basic Black on Smoky Slate and punched with the Artisan Label punch, then place it on the front with a Stampin' Dimensional!
Go check out what the rest of the Design Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! Then grab your stamps and ink and play along!
We are just finishing up Week 2 over on Create with Connie and Mary Summer Collection 2013 ! But, you need to be a subscriber to see all the wonderful projects! Many of the projects, you'll be able to create in 2 hours or less…making them perfect for classes and camps! And we have lots of gift giving and home decor items, too! Join us…for only $24.95 US, you get 24 FABULOUS step-by-step PHOTO tutorials! That's just a little over $1 each! And, these projects use items from the main catalog…so they will be available to use for an ENTIRE YEAR!!! Check out Create with Connie and Mary now! Relax and let us design your classes this summer!
It's time for the Create with Connie and Mary Summer Collection 2013 Saturday challenge…it is a GORGEOUS color combination, using a couple of the NEW In Colors…so soft and delicious!
Here is my card using this fun color challenge and one of the sets we featured this week…Timeless Talk!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Pistachio Pudding folded in half to make the base card.
- I adhered the Crisp Cantaloupe Ruffled Ribbon to the bottom of a 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 piece of Soft Suede cardstock. I also adhered a 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 piece of Pistachio Pudding In Colors Designer Paper Stack towards the bottom.
- I stamped the bicycle from Timeless Talk with Soft Suede on Whisper White, then cut with the Decor Label Framelit. I added an Itty Bitty flower Punch from Crisp Cantaloupe pattern in the In Colors DSP Stack to the spoke hub and a Neutrals Candy Dot in the Center. I also added two more flowers with candy dots in the upper right corner to match.
- I cut a 1 1/4 x 2 1/2 Crisp Cantaloupe Polka Dot pattern and a 1 x 2 piece of Pistachio Pudding cardstock, cut the flag ends and adhered under the Decor Label.
- Finally, I stamped the Happy Birthday from Banner Greetings Hostess Set in Crisp Cantaloupe on Whisper White and cut it out, then adhered along the right side of the Bicycle image.
When I was playing around, I did several versions of this card…one of the other versions was for my June Stamp Club. I'll share those a little later!
Make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did for Saturday's Challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! Then grab your stamps…everyone can play along and be eligible to win one of two FREE subscriptions to our Fall Edition!
One of Stampin' Up!'s specials this month is the Spring Bundle, A Round Array. It includes a fun stamp set PERFECT for the 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch (both included in the bundle) for a 15% off bundle savings! I decided to pull it out and use it for my Create with Connie and Mary Challenge Card today! It's a really different (but fun!) color challenge for you to try!
And here is my card…quick and basically easy. It uses the fun Soda Pop Top, too! Those are available in the Spring Mini, but will NOT be in the main catalog…so make sure to grab some before they go away. They are fun to flatten in your Big Shot! Yep! It's as easy as pie to smash them! I'm also on a mission to use up my retiring Designer Paper!
Here are the details:
- The base card is 4 1/4 x 11 Very Vanilla, folded in half.
- I added a 3 3/4 x 4 piece of Tea for Two Designer Paper to the bottom of a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Soft Suede cardstock.
- I added a piece of Soft Suede Taffeta Ribbon to hide the seam and adhered in the back.
- The Apothecary Accent Framelit was cut from Sahara Sand, then added a 1/4 strip of So Saffron, cut with flag ends on both sides.
- I stamped the For You from A Round Array twice, once in So Saffron and once in Soft Suede. The So Saffron was punched with the 7/8 Scallop Circle and the inside For You was punched with the 1/2" Circle punch. Both were layered in a 1" Circle of Sahara Sand.
- I flattened the Soda Pop Top with the Big Shot and added the stamped images inside, then popped it up with a Stampin' Dimensional on the front of the card!
Fun and easy with lots of pizzazz!!! Love it! Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary, then grab your stamps and play along!
Such a pretty color combination we have for you this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! Grab your stamps and play along! Need more inspiration? Check out the Challenge Team's creations this week over there, too!
Well, you know I'm a girl that LOVES my flower stamps! I grabbed one that I haven't used for a while…Raining Flowers. I have a suspicion that it may be on the retiring list. No, I don't know for sure…so don't email me asking me how I know! lol! But, this color combo had GREEN in it, so my leaves this week are more like you find in nature! lol! And…this is the very last scrap of this striped pattern in Print Poetry that I had left! I struggled to come up with something that used such a small piece, but it was PERFECT for our Color Challenge this week!
OK…here are the details!
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 of Summer Starfruit, folded in hlf.
- I added a 3 3/4 x 5 piece of Whisper White cardstock on top. On it, I stamped the berries looking image in Raining Flowers stamp set on the background with Midnight Muse Ink.
- I also stamped the greeting from One in a Million stamp set with Midnight Muse in the lower left corner.
- I added the 1 1/4 x 4 1/4 strip of Print Poetry Designer Paper, trimmed along the bottom with the Scallop Trim Border of Midnight Muse.
- On scrap Whisper White, I stamped the flower in Summer Starfruit and cut it out. I stamped two of the small leaves with Gumball Green and also cut them out and tucked them behind the popped up flower on the front.
- I stamped the smaller flower with Gumball Green, cut it out and placed in the center of the larger flower.
- Finally, I punched a 1/2" Circle from a teeny tiny scrap of the designer paper and added it to the center of the flattened small soda pop top. Then added that to the very center of the flower.
LOVE it!!! I think it turned out pretty cool!
Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! And, don't forget…we are finishing up our last week for Card "Create"tions for All Occasions, but it's not too late to join! The website will stay up for over a year so you can refer back to the card set ideas 24/7! See more details over there!
Today's challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary is a color challenge! You have to check out what the Design Team did with the color challenge…from everyday…to fall…to the holidays! It is amazing how differently we interpreted it! AND…stay tuned! Mary and I will have an exciting announcement next week…we can't WAIT to share it!
I've been determined to use my For the Birds stamp set…I think the images are so cute and I've only used the Christmas one before. So…I sat down and made up a few challenges using it! You'll be seeing them over the next few weeks!
This came together with a crisp and clean look!
- The bird was stamped with Chocolate Chip Classic Ink on Very Vanilla, then cut with the smallest Labels Framelit.
- I watercolored with Summer Starfruit and Gumball green markers and my AquaPainter. The next, I just ran the AquaPainter over the Chocolate Chip stamped ink to make it bleed and color slightly.
- I cut another Labels Framelit the next size larger from Summer Starfruit and pierced around it with the Festive Piercing Pack.
- The base card is Very Vanilla and I layered a strip of Comfort Cafe Designer Paper on front.
- I added a strip of Gumball Green stamped with Happy Birthday from Wackiest Birthday Wishes in Chocolate Chip Ink, and cut with a flag end.
- I then trimmed out the bottom with the Dotted Scallop RIbbon Border of Chocolate Chip.
- Finally, I added a bow of Very Vanilla Seam Binding.
Soooo, cute, I think! Again, make sure to check out the variety from the Challenge Team…amazing…over on Create with Connie and Mary! Then grab your stamps and play along with our color challenge!