Posts Tagged ‘Crazy About You’
Another fun challenge for you over on Create with Connie and Mary’s Thursday Challenge, this time a bright color challenge! Grab your stamps and play along!
Here’s my card using Stampin’ Up!’s Crazy About You stamp set.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Tangelo Twist cardstock.
- A diagonal cut piece of Birthday Bash Designer striped paper was adhered at the bottom of the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White. A 1/2 strip of Tangelo Twist was adhered across the seam.
- Two pieces of 1/8″ Gold Metallic Ribbon were wrapped along the left side and adhered at the back of the Whisper White layer.
- The Crazy About You flower was stamped three times with Tangelo Twist ink on Whisper White, one punched with the Flower Medallion Punch and the centers cut out of the other two to make three layers. The layers are popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals. In the center is a Gold Sequin with a small Pearl in the center.
- Happy Birthday was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on Bermuda Bay cardstock and punched with the Curly Label Punch (SOOO sad to see this punch retire!) It was tucked under the flower with Stampin’ Dimensionals. A Gold Sequin in the center with a pearl and then two more pearls beside it for a little bling on the tag.
- Three more gold sequins were scattered on the front.
Like it? I do!!! Now check out the rest of the challenge team cards over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Set: Crazy About You
Inks: Tuxedo Black, Tangelo Twist
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Tangelo Twist, Whisper White
Accessories: Birthday Bash DSP, 1/8 Gold Metallic Ribbon, Gold Sequins, Flower Medallion Punch, Curly Label Punch, Pearls, Stampin’ Dimensionals
This is the first time I’ve inked up my set, Crazy About You. I love all the words in it…and the photopolymer set makes it easy to line up the words you want! I thought I’d get a head start on my Mother’s Day cards. I went with a more subtle color scheme on this card!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 So Saffron, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Crumb Cake, the leaves were stamped twice with Mossy Meadow Ink.
- The flower was stamped with White Craft Ink on scrap piece of Crumb Cake twice, then one punched with the Flower Medallion Punch and the center one cut out by hand. Then stamped the flower again with So Saffron on Whisper White and cut out just the center. Each of the layers were popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A Rhinestone jewel was added to the center.
- Across the bottom is a 1 x 5 1/4 strip of So Saffron with a 1/2 x 5 1/4 strip of Whisper White punched with the Scallop Edge Border Punch under it.
- The flower was popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Happy Mother’s Day from Crazy About You was stamped with Mossy Meadow ink.
I love the look of White Craft Ink on Crumb Cake! Such a different look!
Have you stamped today?
I’ll admit…I purchased this set during preorder and hadn’t even inked it up! So many other sets to use, I guess! But, the color challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary is perfect for it, so I pulled it out to use!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Sahara Sand, folded in half.
- Basic Black layer is 4 x 5-1/4.
- Something Borrowed Designer Paper layer is 3-3/4 x 5
- Whisper White strip for greeting is 3/4 x 3, stamped with Celebrating You from Crazy About You stamp set in Tuxedo Black Ink.
- 3″ strip of Basic Black punched with Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border and adhered under Whisper White.
- The flower was stamped twice with Hello Honey Ink on Whisper White and punched with the Flower Medallion Punch once, then the center cut out of the other and added to the center with Stampin’ Dimensional.
- A Basic Black button was tied with White Bakers Twine and added to the center of the flower.
- The leaves were stamped with Sahara Sand Ink and cut out, then tucked under the flower and adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
LOVE that color combination! Make sure to check out Create with Connie and Mary and see what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week with the color combination. Everyone’s cards are really different!