Posts Tagged ‘daffodils’
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Peekaboo Peach cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- Across the Whisper White is a 3/4 x 4 strip of Affectionately Yours Designer Paper. Under that is a strip of Playful Palette Washi Tape.
- The greeting was stamped with Chocolate Chip Ink.
- The basket details were cut from Chocolate Chip cardstock and the outline of the basket from Crumb Cake cardstock, then adhered together and placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The one bow, three daffodil flowers, three stems and five leaves were stamped with Memento Black Ink, then colored with Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi Stampin’ Write Markers and cut with the Basket Builder Framelits. They were adhered to the inside of the basket.
- Finally, a trio of the In Color Enamel Shapes were added to the front.
OK…make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team for SUO Challenges did this week with this theme! I’m sure they will have some great ideas!
It's time for the monthly Tour de Freaks! Our theme this month is SPRING into SPRING! With the temperatures around here in the mid 70s, our trees and flowers are BLOOMING their heads off! I love this time of year! You've probably arrived from the awesome Wendy Weixler's blog…didn't you LOVE her projects?
My first project an Easter Bunny Punch Art card. I think she's a little different than what you've seen before! I loved how she turned out paired with the Nursery Nest Designer Paper in soft colors!
The base of the card is Pale Plum. I layered on Whisper White cardstock, and a piece of Nursery Nest stripes along the bottom. I cut a 1/2" strip of Blushing Bride cardstock to hide the seam area. Then I cut some Pear Pizzazz cardstock and ran it thru the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots folder for the background of my bunny. The bunny's body is the 2 1/2" Circle Punch, her head the Extra Large Oval, the ears the Large Oval and her tail is the cupcake punch! I used 1/4" circles in the Owl Punch for the eyes and mouth area. The small heart for the nose is the smallest heart in the Heart to Heart punch. I added White Gel pen to the eyes and nose for highlights and drew the whiskers with the Stampin' Write marker. I tied a bow from 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon for her head. Finally, I made a pennant with Happy Easter from Delightful Dozen stamp set and added two PINK Rhinestone jewels from the Blossoms Builder Kit that I had left over!
Don't recognize the Designer Paper? That's because it is in the NEW Summer Smooches Designer Paper that will be available to customers as the April special! Don't you LOVE the bright colors? I cut a strip to cover around the Kraft Box and added a trim of Daffodil Delight Pinking Hearts Border around the bottom. I also covered the top of the Kraft Box with the same DSP. I cut the label from the Label Framelits and stamped Happy Birthday using my Stampin' Write markers…it's from the hostess only set, Happiest Birthday Wishes.
I made up a bow with the NEW Daffodil Delight Seam Binding Ribbon and added an In Color Lucky Limeade brad in the center. Then I made two daffodils with the Blossom Punch and the 5 Petal Punch to decorate the top. Here's a closeup look:
The main part of the daffodil is Daffodil Delight cardstock and the centers are Tangerine Tango cardstock. I used the 5 petal punch and Lucky Limeade for the leaves. I think this will be a very pretty box to hold a birthday surprise! Not sure who I'll give it to yet…lol!
Make sure to continue on to the rest of the Tour de Freaks…there are 10 stops this time! Your next stop is the FABULOUS Barb Mullikin…go check out her projects!