Posts Tagged ‘#dragonflydreams’
It’s funny how “great minds” think alike! With today’s Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge, you’ll notice that several of our Challenge Team Members used the same stamp set! In fact, I used it, too! But, when I went to upload mine and saw their designs, I decided that I would make up another card using a different set. It’s a COOL sketch, and I know you could come up with even more ideas with it! Our website will give you information on how to play along on our Facebook page!
And here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pear Pizzazz cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 3/4 x 5-1/4 strip of Tasty Treats Designer Paper was temporarily placed across the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- Before adhering the DSP, the speckle stamp from Dragonfly Dreams was stamped above and below the area with Pear Pizzazz Ink, then the DSP placed over it.
- The greeting was stamped with Memento Black Ink in the lower left corner.
- On a scrap piece of Shimmer White, use the AquaPainter and Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party and Bermuda Bay Makers to watercolor the background. Stamp the dragonfly image over top when dry with Memento Black Ink. Cut with Detailed Dragonfly Thinlit and adhere on the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add some Clear Wink of Stella over top the wings.
That’s it! Check out the rest of the Challenge Team’s designs over on Create with Connie and Mary! And check out our FEBRUARY MINI SESSION that will be coming soon! (Remember, if you signed up for the Valentine Bonus, you are already signed up for February, too!)
When I first saw the Dragonfly Dreams stamps set (other than thinking my friend Mary would be SO happy), I thought of this card that I originally created for the Stampin’ Up! Incentive Trip Cruise Swap back in May of 2014 when Work of Art first came out. It has been one of my most popular Pinterest pins!
I thought it would be pretty easy to recreate it using the new Dragonfly Dreams stamp set in the Occasions Catalog and some different colors! I must admit that I love this one as much as I loved the first one!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pool Party cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Tip Top Taupe.
- A 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 strip of Tasty Treats Designer Paper was placed down the left side.
- The 3 x 4-1/4 piece of Whisper White was stamped with the speckle image in Dragonfly Dreams twice with Pool Party full strength and twice with Tip Top Taupe stamped off. The corners were rounded with the Project Life Corner Rounder.
- A 1/2 x 3-3/4 piece of Basic Black cardstock was added underneath the left side.
- Some Pool Party 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon was tied around the Whisper White and knotted.
- The greeting from Dragonfly Dreams was stamped with Memento Black Ink. The Whisper White layer was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The strip of dragonflies from the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlets were cut from both Pool Party and Tip Top Taupe cardstock, then cut apart two of them, overlapped and glued them together, then placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- To finish off the dragonflies, the wings were colored with Clear Wink of Stella and two Rhinestone Jewels added to the bodies of each.
OK…did I mention how much I LOVE this card??? Know what else to love? Our January session starts SOON!
Create with Connie and Mary designers are getting ready to open the JANUARY 2017 MINI SESSION with projects using stamp sets from the OCCASIONS and Sale-a-Bration CATALOGS! PLUS…sign up for both the January and February Mini Sessions together and get a free VALENTINE BONUS tutorial! We know you’ll be excited about that!
- Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
- All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online.
- All FIVE projects are available once the monthly mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials).
- Mini Sessions open on the 11th of each month.
- Great deal for only $8.95 per month!
Now is the BEST time to sign up, so head over to Create with Connie and Mary website and subscribe now. When you subscribe to both months, you will receive the bonus tutorial that is already available. January edition opens on the 11th.