Posts Tagged ‘Easter’
It’s Thursday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! Love the soft colors in this week’s color challenge, don’t you?
The colors reminded me of Easter, so I used my new Basket Bunch Bundle (say that 3 times fast!) on today’s card!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Mint Macaron, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, three strips of the Playful Palette Washi Tape were added and wrapped around the back to secure in place.
- The basket and handle were stamped with Memento Black on So Saffron cardstock, the white chocolate bunny on Very Vanilla cardstock, the bow and flower on Sweet Sugarplum cardstock, and the eggs on Whisper White cardstock and colored with the So Saffron, Mint Macaron and Sweet Sugarplum Stampin’ Write Markers.
- They were all cut with the Basket Builder Framelits, along with some Mint Macaron grass for the basket.
- 1/8″ circles of So Saffron cardstock were punched for the center of the bow and flower.
- The basket and accessories were added to the front of a piece of Whisper White, then added to a layer of Mint Macaron Glimmer Paper (sorry…this FREE SAB item is now sold out!)
- The greeting from Basket Bunch was stamped across the top with Memento Black Ink!
OK…go check out the rest of the designs by the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary to see what they came up with this week for the color challenge! I can’t wait to see! Check out our March 2017 Mini Session details, too! It’s not too late to join!
Our mini sessions include the instructions for 14 projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
- Each mini session includes TWELVE unique cards featuring three stamp sets, and
- Each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect projects for your club, classes, stamp camps or gifts
- All 14 project tutorials are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all project tutorials right there at your fingertips
- All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online.
And, if you subscribe to BOTH March AND April, you will receive a Spring 3D Bonus Project that is also perfect for a your spring classes! So head over to Create with Connie and Mary and subscribe!
Welcome back to the next SUO Challenge featuring Easter projects! I couldn’t wait to break out my Friends & Flowers stamp set again and use the cute little bunny head and ears for my card. I also wished I had a current stamp that said something about “peeps”…but then made up my own with the Layered Letters Alphabet Set!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pink Pirouette cardstock folded in half.
- On top of the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, Peeps was stamped with the Layered Letters Alphabet set and Rose Red Ink.
- Happy Easter was added above it from the Easter Lamb stamp with Tuxedo Black Ink.
- Along the bottom is a 1-3/4 x 5-1/4 piece of English Garden Designer Paper
- A piece of 1/8″ Silver Ribbon was placed across the scene.
- The bunny head and ears were stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on Pink Pirouette cardstock and punched with the 1-3/8″ Circle Punch and Festive Flower Builder Punch. The body of the Peeps is a 1-3/4 Circle punched from Pink Pirouette cardstock.
- Some clear Wink of Stella highlights the inside of the ears and the cheeks!
OK…go ahead and check out the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team to see what they did this time with the Easter Challenge!
Woohoo!!! It’s PREVIEW WEEK over on Create with Connie and Mary as we prepare to start our newest Card “Create”tions Celebrations edition! It’s all about CARDS! We know so many of you LOVE these editions! We will use 18 different sets in the Annual and Occasions Catalogs and feature 4 cards in a set using them! That’s over 72 card ideas…for only $19.95 US! Kick off the end of the Stampin’ Up! year with these ideas for your classes and stamp camps (but, of course, you don’t need to be a demo to join!) See more details over on Create with Connie and Mary! And, we are introducing our first Design Team Member today…go check her out!
To celebrate our PREVIEW WEEK, I used Cheerful Critters stamp set for my card! Can you believe that in just a couple more months, some awesome In Colors will be going away? What will I do without Coastal Cabana (my favorite!), Pistachio Pudding and Crisp Cantaloupe that I used on this card???
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Coastal Cabana, folded in half.
- So Saffron was cut to 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 and added to the front.
- 1/2 x 4-1/4 strips of Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe and Pistachio Pudding were staggered across the front.
- The chick from Cheerful Critters was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on Whisper White and cut with the Circle Framelits. She was colored with So Saffron, Crisp Cantaloupe, Coastal Cabana and Pistachio Pudding Markers. The Happy Day greeting was stamped with Coastal Cabana ink.
- The chick circle was layered on the 2 1/2″ Circle Punch of Crisp Cantaloupe, and the next larger size of Circle Framelit cut Basic Black. It’s popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I used the Petite Petals Punch (on sale this week!) with Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock and the Itty Bitty Accents flower punch with So Saffron cardstock to cut the flowers and added a small Pearl to the center. They were added to the front with Mini Glue Dots.
Isn’t she cheerful? I love it! OK…make sure to check out Create with Connie and Mary…we have BLOG CANDY…you can win a FREE SUBSCRIPTION! Find out how over there!
Time for another SUO Challenge! The theme this time is Fun Folds. I decided to do a twisted easel card for my Fun Fold. It does fold flat with the greeting on the front to fit in a standard envelope.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 8 1/2 Coastal Cabana, folded in half. Then with the fold on the left, scored diagonally from lower left to upper right.
- Along the flat bottom is a 2″ x 4 1/4″ piece of Best Year Ever DSP with a trim of Scallop Border Punch of Calypso Coral cardstock.
- The Crushed Curry Best Year Ever Accessory Ribbon is wrapped around and tied with a knot.
- The chick was inked with Crushed Curry and then the feet colored with Soft Suede Marker and stamped on Whisper White The beak is colored with Calypso Coral.
- The eyes are small pearls colored with the Crumb Cake Blendabilities Markers.
- The chick was cut with the Circle Framelit and layered on Soft Suede larger framelit.
- On the top triangle the 4×4 piece of Best Year Ever DSP was cut in half diagonally and adhered to the base.
- The greeting from For Peep’s Sake was stamped with White Craft Ink on Basic Black, then cut with the Label Framelit and layered on a larger framelit of Calypso Coral cardstock.
- I added some White Chalk dots and rhinestones along the edges.
Make sure to go check out the rest of the Design Team over on SUO Challenges to see what fun folds they came up with!
The theme this week on SUO Challenges is shaped cards. The challenge is ANY shape besides square and rectangle! What a fun challenge! Of course, you know that I get inspired by many things I see around in magazines and stores. When I saw this pillow on the back of Pier One’s catalog, I knew that it would make a fun shaped card!
- Cut two of the second from largest Ovals Framelits, one from Irresistibly Yours DSP and one from Whisper White. Score the Whisper White across one end approx 3/4″ down from the tip of the oval.
- Sponge the Irresistibly Yours DSP oval with Crisp Cantaloupe Ink…love how the flowers pop!
- Cut four of the second from smallest Oval Framelits from the Irresistibly Yours DSP, and also sponge with Crisp Cantaloupe Ink.
- Adhere two ears above the score line on the Whisper White oval, then adhere above the score line to the back of the body DSP oval to form the card. The ears will be sandwiched between the two layers.
- Trim off just a small sliver of the bottom of the two larger ovals so the card will stand upright easily. Adhere the legs to the inside of the DSP layer.
- Cut four five-petal Whisper White flowers from the Bouquet Bigz L Die. Crumple them and adhere together to form fluffy tail. Place a White button in the center to hide the holes. Adhere on large ovals for bunny’s tail.
- Stamp Happy Easter from Indescribable Gift stamp set with Tuxedo Black ink on 1/2″ scrap of Whisper White, cut flag ends and curl. Adhere center portion to bunny.
Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team’s shaped cards over on SUO Challenges! Some great ideas!
On Create with Connie and Mary’s Thursday Challenge, we have a wonderful sketch challenge for you to try!
And here’s my card. I love the huge flower image in Stampin’ Up!’s Indescribable Gift stamp set!
Here are the details:
- The base card is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Pink Pirouette.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, stamp the flower image towards the bottom left side with Tuxedo Black Ink.
- Color with Pink Pirouette, Crumb Cake and Wild Wasabi Blendabilities Markers.
- Across the top, add a 3/4 x 5-1/4 strip of Something Borrowed Designer Paper.
- Stamp the greeting on a 1-1/2 x 2 piece of Pink Pirouette with Tuxedo Black Ink, cut a flag end. Cut a 1/2 x 2-1/2 piece of coordinating DSP and cut a flag end. Place both banners on the front top right with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Wrap Wild Wasabi Thick Twine around the Whisper White twice and secure in the back. Tie a bow around the front right side twine.
- Adhere Whisper White panel to front of base card.
Make sure to stop over and see what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week on Create with Connie and Mary! Lots of inspiration for you!
And…don‘t forget! Our new Spring Collection 2015 is just half-way over on Create with Connie and Mary! Our subscription is full of gift ideas, home decor, card sets and 3D project tutorials perfect for your stamp camps and classes! We’re using Occasions and Sale-A-Bration products from Stampin’ Up!’s Catalogs. Get over 24 projects for only $29.95 US…that’s just a little over $1 per tutorial! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary!
We have a fun sketch challenge for you to try over on Create with Connie and Mary! My mind went several different ways when I saw the sketch. I ended up deciding to use Stampin' Up!'s Eggstra Spectacular one more time before Easter! I think it turned out kind of fun! But, I really LOVE what the rest of the Challenge Team did! Make sure to check them out over on Create with Connie and Mary this week!
And here is my card! Aren't the bright Easter Eggs fun? I can hardly wait for our grandson, Carter, to enjoy his first Easter Egg "hunt".
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Strawberry Slush cardstock, folded in half.
- I embossed the top 2/3 of the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White with the Perfect Polka Dots folder.
- Along the bottom, I added a 1 x 5 1/4 piece of Kaleidoscope Designer Paper, then a small strip of Basic Black cardstock to hide the seam.
- I stamped the egg from Eggstra Spectacular three times with Black Stazon on Crushed Curry, Strawberry Slush and Bermuda Bay cardstock, then punched with the Extra Large Oval Punch. They are popped up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Since the eggs had the "greeting", I stamped the row of Easter eggs with Black Stazon on Whisper White and colored with Markers. I cut a flag end and placed the strip across the eggs.
- Finally, I added a small Petite Petals flower of Crushed Curry with an Itty Bitty Flower Punch of Strawberry Slush to the end, with a Rhinestone in the center.
Kind of fun and unusual Easter card, don't you think? I had fun with it!
It's not too late to join Card "Create"tions 2014! We are in the almost at the end of our session, BUT, our website stays up for almost a year so you can refer back to the EXCLUSIVE card ideas! Each card set could be a FULL class…and the weekly favor as a bonus! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary! For $19.95 US, you are getting 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas from 18 different stap!
Our theme this month on the Tour de Freaks, brought to you by the Control Freak stampers, is SPRING! It's finally officially spring…after such a LONG, COLD, SNOWY winter, I'm more than ready! I've seen several fat robins hopping around the yard! You probably just came from Wendy Weixler's blog…weren't her projects fun? If you've arrived prior to March 20th, please know that not all links may be working yet.
I did two projects…one a little candy favor box and the other a matching card using the fabulous Sweet Sorbet Designer Paper and Accessory Pack that are Sale-A-Bration selections…available only until the end of the month!
Here's a closeup of the box: The Easter Bunny Egg is filled with foil wrapped chocolate eggs. I wrapped the box with Sweet Sorbet Designer Paper, wrapped it with the Summer Starfruit Twine (hope there are more solid colors coming soon!) The Eggstra Spectacular bunny is stamped with Black Stazon on Whisper White and watercolored, then placed on a 2 1/4" Circle Framelit of Pool Party cardstock with a Pearl for his bunny bottom!
And open. I removed the clear acetate over the circle on the box so the top of the bunny stands up outside the box. Aren't those Easter Bunny eggs so CUTE!!!! I love them! I ordered WAY too many of them by mistake, so I need to use them up! lol!
And here is the matching card using the same Sweet Sorbet DSP and twine and the cute little bunny! I just LOVE all those patterns!
Hope you like my Spring inspired projects and these help you get ready for Easter! Next up on the blog tour is Heidi Baks...check out HER fun projects! Then make sure to take the tour around to all the stops until you come back here!
It's Thursday and time for our Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! We have a fun sketch challenge for you to try today! Come join us! But first…we our launching our second Card "Create"tions…this time it is all about OCCASIONS! Here are some details:
JOIN US for a the NEW Cards "Create"tions for All Occasions Edition using occasions, nature and celebration stamp sets from the Main and Spring Mini catalogs!
* Over 72 EXCLUSIVE cards with 18 stamp sets featured!
* March 31 – April 20
* Printable supply lists, measurements and directions
* 24/7 access
* Perfect for classes or personal cards!
* Designers Elizabeth Price, Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson and Deb Currier are joining us!
Create with Connie and Mary
Card "Create"tions for All Occasions Edition
Only $19.95 US
We now use Fastwagon for our processing, you should immediately receive a Digital Order email with a link to a downloadable Welcome letter with your passwords! Thank you!
Here is the Sketch Challenge for today!
Yes, I once again used Ears to You this week! I'm trying to use it as much as possible before Easter! lol! Actually, as I mentioned earlier, this is my Easter card for this year. I need to get them mailed out…last year my Easter cards sat on my desk and never got mailed! lol! The Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Paper is just so bright and colorful, too! Perfect for Easter cards!
Here are the details:
- The base is a square card, 4 1/4 x 8 1/2 Pink Pirouette, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 4 piece of the polka dot pattern in Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP on top.
- I cut a Scallops #2 Square of Daffodil Delight and placed on top with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Inside I have a Whisper White square embossed with the Cloudy Day folder, then sponged with a little Bashful Blue ink.
- I cut a scrap piece of Lucky Limeade for the grass and cut blades with my Paper Snips. I stamped Happy Easter from Teeny Tiny Wishes with Black Stazon on top.
- I inked up the bunnies from Ears to You with Daffodil Delight, and Pink Pirouette, then cut them out and placed in the grass with Stampin' Dimensionals. I added Pearls to their tails.
- Finally I tied a bow from Old Olive Striped Ribbon and adhered with a Mini Glue Dot.
Hope you enjoy my Easter card! Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary for their designs this week using this sketch. Then grab your stamps and play along!
OK..I must admit, this single stamp, Ears to You, is just the cutest Easter stamp! I love playing with it. My Easter cards (showing up later this week as a Create Challenge!) used TWO of the little bunnies. I used one of the left over third bunnies for this card for the SUO Challenge this week! I didn't want him to be lonely just sitting on my desk! lol!
I also pulled out a folder I haven't used for a while…the Framed Tulip Border one. I thought it fit perfectly with the spring theme of Easter Parade! Here are the details on my card:
- 4 1/4 x 11 Melon Mambo, folded in half to form base card.
- 4 x 5 1/4 Whisper White, embossed with the Framed Tulip Border folder.
- 3 1/4 x 3 1/2 piece of Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Paper (I'm already on my second pack of this paper!), layered on a 3 1/2 x 4 piece of Melon Mambo, punched with the Scallop Trim Border Punch, then trimmed.
- Wrap around some Old Olive Striped Ribbon and tie a knot along the left side.
- I embossed the Oval Designer Frame on Whisper White, then cut it out and placed on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- The single bunny was stamped with Daffodil Delight and cut out. He is also placed on the front with a Stampin' Dimensional and added a small Pearl for his eye.
- Finally, I stamped Happy Easter Everybunny! from the stamp set, Everybunny, in Basic Gray along the bottom. I love that greeting (and another great Easter set!)
Make sure to check out what the rest of the SUO Challenge Team did this week! Some fabulous Easter ideas!