Posts Tagged ‘Easter’
It's Thursday and time for our Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! We have a fun sketch challenge for you to try today! Come join us! But first…we our launching our second Card "Create"tions…this time it is all about OCCASIONS! Here are some details:
JOIN US for a the NEW Cards "Create"tions for All Occasions Edition using occasions, nature and celebration stamp sets from the Main and Spring Mini catalogs!
* Over 72 EXCLUSIVE cards with 18 stamp sets featured!
* March 31 – April 20
* Printable supply lists, measurements and directions
* 24/7 access
* Perfect for classes or personal cards!
* Designers Elizabeth Price, Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson and Deb Currier are joining us!
Create with Connie and Mary
Card "Create"tions for All Occasions Edition
Only $19.95 US
We now use Fastwagon for our processing, you should immediately receive a Digital Order email with a link to a downloadable Welcome letter with your passwords! Thank you!
Here is the Sketch Challenge for today!
Yes, I once again used Ears to You this week! I'm trying to use it as much as possible before Easter! lol! Actually, as I mentioned earlier, this is my Easter card for this year. I need to get them mailed out…last year my Easter cards sat on my desk and never got mailed! lol! The Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Paper is just so bright and colorful, too! Perfect for Easter cards!
Here are the details:
- The base is a square card, 4 1/4 x 8 1/2 Pink Pirouette, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 4 piece of the polka dot pattern in Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP on top.
- I cut a Scallops #2 Square of Daffodil Delight and placed on top with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Inside I have a Whisper White square embossed with the Cloudy Day folder, then sponged with a little Bashful Blue ink.
- I cut a scrap piece of Lucky Limeade for the grass and cut blades with my Paper Snips. I stamped Happy Easter from Teeny Tiny Wishes with Black Stazon on top.
- I inked up the bunnies from Ears to You with Daffodil Delight, and Pink Pirouette, then cut them out and placed in the grass with Stampin' Dimensionals. I added Pearls to their tails.
- Finally I tied a bow from Old Olive Striped Ribbon and adhered with a Mini Glue Dot.
Hope you enjoy my Easter card! Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary for their designs this week using this sketch. Then grab your stamps and play along!
OK..I must admit, this single stamp, Ears to You, is just the cutest Easter stamp! I love playing with it. My Easter cards (showing up later this week as a Create Challenge!) used TWO of the little bunnies. I used one of the left over third bunnies for this card for the SUO Challenge this week! I didn't want him to be lonely just sitting on my desk! lol!
I also pulled out a folder I haven't used for a while…the Framed Tulip Border one. I thought it fit perfectly with the spring theme of Easter Parade! Here are the details on my card:
- 4 1/4 x 11 Melon Mambo, folded in half to form base card.
- 4 x 5 1/4 Whisper White, embossed with the Framed Tulip Border folder.
- 3 1/4 x 3 1/2 piece of Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Paper (I'm already on my second pack of this paper!), layered on a 3 1/2 x 4 piece of Melon Mambo, punched with the Scallop Trim Border Punch, then trimmed.
- Wrap around some Old Olive Striped Ribbon and tie a knot along the left side.
- I embossed the Oval Designer Frame on Whisper White, then cut it out and placed on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- The single bunny was stamped with Daffodil Delight and cut out. He is also placed on the front with a Stampin' Dimensional and added a small Pearl for his eye.
- Finally, I stamped Happy Easter Everybunny! from the stamp set, Everybunny, in Basic Gray along the bottom. I love that greeting (and another great Easter set!)
Make sure to check out what the rest of the SUO Challenge Team did this week! Some fabulous Easter ideas!
Splitcoaststampers has a fun CAS (Clean & Simple) CAS211 sketch challenge today so I thought I'd play along. I was able to use up some of the "starts" on my desk…you know…those little pieces of projects that you started, but didn't end up making the cut on the card you were making earlier! The little bunny is one of them. My Easter cards (you'll see later this week), used only 2 of the bunnies, so I had a few of these left over. You will see another card using one tomorrow! lol! I also had the two scraps of Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP and the Pink Pirouette already cut to size! Made this card come together REALLY quickly! So…here is the sketch.
And here is my take on it:
And here are the details:
- 4 1/4 x 11 of Pink Pirouette folded in half to make base card.
- 4 x 5 1/4 Very Vanilla layered on top.
- Two pieces of 1 1/8 x 3 1/2 Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Paper, cut with flag ends and adhered on top.
- 1 1/8 x 4 piece of Pink Pirouette c/s, cut with a flag end, stamped with Everybunny greeting in Basic Gray and adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Punched Decorative Label from S&S DSP and placed on top of Pink Pirouette c/s.
- Cut out Pink Pirouette bunny from Ears to You placed with Stampin' Dimensional on top.
- I added two Itty Bitty flowers punched from Daffodil Delight cardstock.
- I placed Pearls in the centers of the flowers and on the bunny's eye!
So…what do you think? CAS? Fits the sketch? I was pretty happy with it and used up some of my "starts", too! Thanks for stopping by!
Over on The Paper Players, they have a fun sketch this week that I wanted to use for one of my Easter cards. I am just LOVING this little single stamp, Ears to You…only available until the end of March! My Easter cards will be done using this set. My Stamp Club made a version of this card for their club card earlier this month! I switched things up so it followed the sketch.
The bright colors on this card gives me hope that spring will eventually get here. Not this week as we are expected to get more ice and snow…boo! I took my colors from the Birds of a Feather Designer Paper…who knew that the eggs would be perfect for Easter. AND…there are some cute chicks on one of the patterns, too!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Primrose Petals cardstock, folded in half. I embossed the front with the Perfect Polka Dots folder.
- I added a 2 x 5" strip of the egg pattern from Birds of a Feather DSP and then a 1" strip of the yellow polka dot pattern in the same package. Plus, I used the SAB Island Indigo Ribbon as a little extra shimmer!
- I inked up the bunnies in Ears to You in Summer Starfruit, Island Indigo and Primrose Petals with my Stampin' Write Markers and stamped on Whisper White.
- I cut both the Whisper White and Crumb Cake with the Oval Framelits and pierced around the Crumb Cake one.
- I added a pearl to the center bunny's tail!
- Happy Easter was stamped with Island Indigo on Summer Starfruit and punched with the Modern Label Punch, then added across the bottom of the ovals.
Yep…I love it! Such a cheerful card! Perfect for Easter, don't you think?
Remember…I just listed more RETIRED STAMPS AND ACCESSORIES for sale! Check them out HERE!
Yes, I'm wishing for "A Little Bit of Spring" so I pulled out this new set in the Spring Mini to get me started! I don't know about you, but even though it is still 10 days until Valentine's Day, I'm a little TIRED of making Valentine cards! Are you? So, since we are supposed to get up to 3" of snow today AND I have a downline meeting to attend tonight….I'm REALLY wishing for "A Little Bit of Spring".
I've also been hoping that Stampin' Up! would come up with a tree that you could hang things from…sort of like Season of Friendship. This tree is LITTLE and the images are little, but I still think it is fun!
Here are the details:
- The base card is 4 1/4 x 11 of Very Vanilla, folded in half, then embossed on the top half with the Honeycomb folder.
- Pink Pirouette is cut to 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 and layered on top with 3 x 3 piece of Tea for Two Designer Paper.
- I wrapped the Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine around twice and tied a bow, then popped up on top of the base card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Bashful Blue is cut to 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 to layer over the DSP. I stamped Easter wishes with Early Espresso Ink.
- The tree is stamped with Early Espresso (and omit stamped with Not Quite Navy on the pot) on a 1 1/2 x 2 piece of Very Vanilla, then colored the leaves with Lucky Limeade Marker.
- I stamped the eggs on scrap Very Vanilla, colored them with Markers, then cut them out and adhered to the tree with Mini Glue Dots.
- I lightly colored in the tree trunk with Early Espresso marker and added grass with the Lucky Limeade Marker along the bottom.
- The tree piece is layered on 1 3/4 x 2 1/4 of Pink Pirouette cardstock and popped up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Finally, I rounded the bottom edges of the card with the Corner Rounder.
Isn't that a fun little image??? I can't wait to play with this tree some more!
It's not too late to sign up for the Create with Connie and Mary Spring Edition 2013! We are just starting Week 3, and you can access all the tutorials we've done so far! $34.95 US for more than 30 step-by-step PHOTO tutorials, you can't go wrong! We're featuring the products in the Spring and Sale-a-Bration minis. You won't see these projects ANYWHERE else…not even previews! Join us today!
Hmmm, sorry…this is posting later than normal! I had the BEST of intentions of getting up this morning and working up a quick card to post on my blog. BUT…I was tempted by a book I'm reading that only had a few chapters left. I got too tired last night to finish it before I went to bed, so grabbed it this morning and finished! It is the third book in a series of six and I'm already panicking because I'm half way thru them and I love the story line! (And because I know I'll get asked…it is called "A Fatal Series" by Marie Force…a murder mystery/romance theme…lol!)
But…enough of that! Here's my card for today. I did up a similar card for a Set Sampler event that I attended in December. I needed to make up two cards using the Oh Hello stamp set and I wanted to show the stamps in a different way on one card. The oval screamed Easter Egg to me. When I saw the Paper Players sketch (PP130), I thought it would be a good time to use the Easter Egg and Chick!
So…here is this version using the sketch!
- The base card is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 So Saffron, folded in half.
- The layer of Whisper White is 4 x 5 1/4, embossed with the Honeycomb folder
- I added a 2 1/2 x 3 7/8" of Tea for Two Designer Paper, I cut the right edge along the edges of the hexagons…but that didn't effect show up in the finished card.
- Along the left side, I used the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch with a strip of Calypso Coral cardstock and tucked it under the edge of the DSP.
- I wrapped some Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon around the Whisper White layer and tied a knot.
- I stamped the oval from Oh Hello with Calypso Coral on Whisper White and cut it with a smaller Oval than the image. Then cut it in half like a cracked shell, placing a Mini brad along the edge for a hinge. It is layered it on a larger oval of Calypso Coral cardstock with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Next I used the Bird Punch with So Saffron cardstock and cut the body to place inside the egg. I added a small pearl for the eye and colored the beak with Pumpkin Pie Marker.
- Finally, I stamped Happy Easter from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Calypso Coral ink on 1/2 x 3" So Saffron of cardstock.
Do you like??? I do!
It's not too late! We are just starting Week 2 over on Create with Connie and Mary for the Spring Edition 2013 and our designers are showing off LOTS of fun projects! Why don't you join us? At a price of $34.95 US for over 30 step-by-step tutorials…that's just a little over $1 each! We are featuring products in the Spring Mini and Sale-A-Bration brochures! Our website stays up over a year, so you can refer back to them 24/7!
Oh, we have a fun color challenge for you this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! Wonderful SPRING colors…So Saffron, Wild Wasabi and Island Indigo! We've had such mild weather, it feels like spring around here…another sunny day…very unusual for Ohio in February!
When I first saw this set in the main catalog last summer, it was on my first order…even though I knew I wouldn't use it for MONTHS yet. It is just too cute! I have some wonderful pictures of the boys coloring Easter eggs when they were little…some day I will get them scrapbooked! lol!
For this card, I wanted to try something with the Framelits. Can you tell that is what I used along the bottom of the So Saffron layer? I used the largest one and put the 4" wide So Saffron cardstock in under the cutting blade, and the other end on top of the Framelit. Then I only ran it thru far enough to cut the bottom…not all the way…I just reversed and pulled it back out. That way I got just the cut on one end. Did anyone else think of that? I haven't seen it!
My base is Whisper White. I layered on the So Saffron that was cut with the Label Framelit and embossed with Snow Burst (this is still available to order!). I added a strip of Wild Wasabi Just Add Cake Designer Paper, layered on Island Indigo cardstock and wrapped the Island Indigo Ruffled Ribbon around and tied a knot.
I stamped Miss Bunny with Black Stazon, then watercolored with my AquaPainter and Stampin' Write Markers. I did add a little Crumb Cake color for the bunny…she couldn't be yellow or green or blue, now could she? I used one of the smaller Label Framelits to cut her out and attached with Stampin' Dimensionals. Finally, I stamped Happy Easter, Everybunny, in Black Stazon and punched with the Modern Label punch (I love how it coordinates!), then used a little clip to hold it in place at the top of the So Saffron layer!
Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary...as usual, I'm always inspired by their creations!
Happy Easter! Hope you have a beautiful day! So far, no rain…and the spring flowers have their fancy dress on!
This was the Easter card I sent out this year. I have loved A Good Egg for years and every year borrowed my friend's set during the stamping retreat. This year I decided to purchase it for myself. It is just one of the good all-around Easter sets!
I used a base of Regal Rose and layered on Daffodil Delight that I ran thru the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder. I used a strip of Nursery Suite Designer Paper along the left side. For my focal element, I went back to the Sale-A-Bration set, Sweet Summer, and used the stem of leaves for the base of my tulip flower. Then I stamped the egg shell from A Good Egg on the Designer Paper and cut it out, popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals on top of the leaf stem. Stamped the Chick on Daffodil Delight and cut her out…colored her beak Pumpkin Pie. I stamped the little birdie from Sweet Summer and colored with Early Espresso. I also hand drew some grass along the base of the stem.
I layered the Whisper White panel on Regal Rose and used the Scallop Trim Border Punch along the left side. I stamped Happy Easter from A Good Egg in Early Espresso, punched with the Large Oval and layered on the Scallop Oval punched from Nursery Suite. This was popped up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals. Finally, I used the Beautiful Wings Embosslit and added a butterfly with Rhinestone Jewel body.
I thought it made a FUN Easter card! Enjoy your day. We have about 12 coming over for Easter Dinner…better get back to cooking and setting the table!
Today's Saturday Create with Connie and Julie Challenge is a Color Combination! We were to use Orchid Opulence, So Saffron and Certainly Celery in our project! Every week on Create with Connie and Julie, we issue a challenge for our subscribers. Last week's winners were Lisa Martz and Robin Gregor with Honorable Mention to Cynthia Stevenson! Congratulations, ladies!
I pulled out my Shades of Spring Designer paper because I knew it contained that color combination. I love the paper, the designs on it are HUGE however, so I'm always hesitant about cutting it. I must admit, it wasn't so bad! lol! I figure I can always order more!
I started with a base of Certainly Celery, then layered on the bold multi floral pattern from Shades of Spring. I ran the second Certainly Celery pattern of Shades of Spring DSP thru my Big Shot with the Top Note die, then turned it and ran it thru again to make the medallion under the bird! I punched the bird from the new Two-Step Bird punch in So Saffron and sponged the edges. I punched the leaf/vine several times from Certainly Celery, then sponged the edges, and placed them under the bird. I added floral buds by punching the bird's wing several times from Orchid Opulence cardstock.
Between the Certainly Celery and background DSPs, I used a strip of Orchid Opulence cardstock that I ran thru the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder. Finally, I stamped Happy Easter from Well Scripted Stamp Set on So Saffron with Orchid Opulence Classic Ink and punched it with the Scallop Oval punch!
Pretty busy….but I like how it turned out!
Sets: Well Scripted
Inks: Orchid Opulence, So Saffron, Certainly Celery
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Orchid Opulence
Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder, Big Shot, Scallop Oval Punch, Top Note Bigz Die, Sponge Daubers, Two-Step Bird Punch, Shades of Spring Designer Paper
Check out to see what the rest of the Design Team Members did this week with the color challenge:
It really isn't too late to sign up for the Create with Connie and Julie Occasions Edition subscription! There is a new project posted every day and there will be a minimum of two fabulous tutorials each and every week. We like to have lots of fun so we have challenges and prizes for our subscribers. Our sites stay up long after the session is done so you will always have access to the site and the tutorials. For more information and to see our Preview Week projects please visit at Create with Connie and Julie.