Posts Tagged ‘favor’
It’s Saturday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! Our design team theme is “Easter Favors” this week! I love little 3D projects, so can’t wait to see what everyone came up with this week!
Here are the details:
- Stamp two of the largest Jar of Fun images onto Whisper White with Memento Black Ink, then cut with the Everyday Jars Framelits. Use an aquaPainter and Pool Party Ink to watercolor the background inside the jar.
- Stamp two jar tops with Daffodil Delight Ink on Whisper White and cut with the jar topper framelit, then add to the top of the jars.
- Stamp the bunny, carrot and greeting with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White and cut with the Basket Builder Framelits. Cut the grass from Wild Wasabi cardstock and add to the front of the jar. Color the bunny with Blushing Bride and Melon Mambo Markers and the carrot with Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive markers.
- Add the greeting across the top of the jar.
- Make a box bottom by cutting a 3 x 3-1/2 piece of Whisper White and score at 1″ on all sides. Cut the tabs and assemble the box bottom with Tear & Tape Adhesive.
- Adhere the jars to two wider sides of the box bottom. Wrap Daffodil Delight Baker’s Twine around the top of the jars to close and tie a bow.
- Fill box with assorted candies!
Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team creations this week! I can’t wait to see what they chose to do! Next up is the Create with Connie and Mary website to see more about our April Mini Session, then continue on to Mary Brown and check out her design or head backwards to Melissa Davies!
Create with Connie and Mary April 2017 Mini Session is COMING SOON!
Our mini sessions include the instructions for 14 projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
- Each mini session includes TWELVE unique cards featuring three stamp sets, and
- Each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect projects for your club, classes, stamp camps or gifts
- All 14 project tutorials are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all project tutorials right there at your fingertips
- All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online.
And, if you subscribe to BOTH March AND April, you will receive a Spring 3D Bonus Project that is also perfect for a your spring classes! So head over to Create with Connie and Mary and subscribe!
Our theme this week on the Saturday Create with Connie and Mary Blog Hop is “Halloween Smell My Feet Treats”! Quite appropriate this time of year, don’t you think? I made a bunch of these little favor “bags” for my craft show and sold out. For this one, I used the cute mummy from Jar of Haunts and Happy Halloween greeting from Spooky Fun!
Here are the details:
- The Halloween Nights Designer Paper pouch is 4 x 6 and scored with the 6 at the top at 1-3/4, 2-1/4, 2-3/4, 4-1/2, 5, 5-1/2, then turned and scored at 1/2″ The sides are accordion pleated and the side tab adhered with Tear & Tape and the bottom 1/2″ tabs trimmed so only the width tab folds up in the back to close the bottom.
- 1/4″ strips of coordinating DSP were added to the front and back top edges.
- The Swirly Bird swirl was cut from Pumpkin Pie cardstock.
- The Mummy was stamped with Memento Black Ink, then colored with Smoky Slate Marker and Pear Pizzazz for the face. Clear Wink of Stella adds some sparkle.
- The spider was stamped with Memento Black Ink, then the string hand-drawn with the Basic Black Marker.
- Happy Halloween from Spooky Fun Stamp Set was curved on the block to follow the Duet Banner Punch and stamped with Memento Black on Pumpkin Pie cardstock, then punched.
- The images were added to the front of the pouch with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Inside the mini Hershey Bar was wrapped with 2-1/2 x 3 piece of Halloween Nights DSP, stamped with the greeting from Jar of Haunts in Memento Black Ink.
- The spider was stamped with Memento Black Ink and the string hand-drawn with Basic Black Marker.
Check out what the rest of the Create with Connie and Mary Design Team did with the “Halloween – Smell My Feet Treats” theme this week! Click on the buttons below to go to our Create with Connie and Mary website where you can find out more about our Create with Connie and Mary October Mini Session…we just opened on October 11th and it’s not too late to join! Then continue on to Mary Brown’s website or backwards to see Melissa Davies’ card! Here’s a sneak peek!
I wrapped some little gifts for a few friends that I knew I’d be hanging with at On Stage Convention. Inside the envelopes are little sewing kits (I can’t believe I didn’t take a photo!), decorated with the same flower in reverse colors since the case of the sewing kits were Tangelo Twist!
- To start, I measured the little case of the sewing kit, then found the size on the Envelope Punch Board that would hold them. I cut the Botanical Gardens Designer Paper according to that size.
- The Botanical Builder flowers were cut from Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey and the centers with Basic Black. The leaves were stamped with Mossy Meadow on Pear Pizzazz and cut with the Framelits also.
- They were adhered together then placed on the 2″ Circle of coordinating Designer Paper.
- A Rhinestone Jewel was added to the center.
- A 1-1/4 x 8-1/2 strip of Whisper White belly band wraps around the Envelope to hold it closed and the circle with flower added to hide the seam on top.
On the back, I stamped For You from Birthday Blooms stamp set with Tuxedo Black Ink.
I think it made a simple and sweet little gift for my friends…and something they could use in their purse for emergencies! I wish I would have kept one for myself!
Stamps: Botanical Blooms, Birthday Blooms
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Mossy Meadow
Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Hello Honey, Tangelo Twist, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: Botanical Gardens DSP, Rhinestones, Envelope Punch Board, 2″ Circle Punch
EDIT: Because I’m getting questions, here is what the sewing kits look like…except mine were orange. I found them at Michael’s a while ago.
Hello! Welcome to the March Tour de Freaks! We are celebrating Spring and Easter this month! Perfect timing! You’ve probably just come from Dawn Olchefske’s blog…aren’t her projects fun? Continue on around to all 10 stops for some great inspiration!
I decided to use the darling Easter Lamb in the Occasions Catalog and dress her up in Jelly Bean colors! I had lots of fun coloring! Here’s the card:
For the card, my jelly bean lamb is standing on a STACK of jelly beans, made from the Balloon Builders stamp set. Like a lot of people, I bought the stamp set JUST for that jelly bean image! lol! Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Melon Mambo cardstock, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- I stamped the jelly beans in Real Red, Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie…all the Brights color family, on Whisper White cardstock, then cut them out individually so I could place them as I wanted and pop up a few of them with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Easter Lamb was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Whisper White, then colored with the same Stampin’ Write colors. The cheeks were colored with Pink Pirouette Marker. I cut her out and added her to the top of the jelly bean pile with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Happy Easter was cut and added to the front with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Melon Mambo and Black Baker’s Twine was tied in a bow and added to the greeting with Mini Glue Dots.
Next up is a cute little favor…filled with jelly beans!
- I made a Pyramid Pals Thinlet Box from clear Window Sheet and left one side open to fill with Jolly Rogers Jelly Beans (I like how they match our colors!) I also snipped the top so that I could add the bamboo skewer for the greeting.
- Around the bottom of the Pyramid Box, I added a 3/4″ strip of Old Olive cardstock, cut with the Fringe Scissors, then curled the grass slightly.
- The greeting was cut and added to a bamboo skewer with Mini Glue Dots, then added thru the snipped top of the Pyramid Box. Melon Mambo and Basic Black Bakers Twine was tied around in a bow.
- Another Easter Lamb was stamped and colored the same as the card, then cut out and added on the front of the box with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
Isn’t that FUN and so sweet! My grand-daughter will get this card for Easter! I love the jelly beans and the bright colors! OK…continue on to the next stop on the Tour de Freaks and see what fabulous Wendy Weixler has in store for you!
I decided to use the Friends & Flowers Stamp set to make a cute little bunny for the front of my favor!
- The Blushing Bride base is 2 x 11, scored at 1/2, 5-1/2 and 5-7/8″
- On top is a 1-7/8 x 5-3/8″ piece of Birthday Bouquet Designer Paper.
- The face and ears from Friends & Flowers were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on Whisper White and punched with the 1-3/8″ Circle Punch and Festive Flower Builder Punch. The body was punched with the 1-3/4″ Circle Punch and the tail with the Blossom Bunch Punch from Whisper White cardstock.
- The ears and checks were colored with the Blushing Bride Marker.
- Happy Easter from Circle of Spring stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink in the center.
- A bow was tied with the Mint Macaron/Black Baker’s Twine and added to the ear with a Mini Glue Dot.
- The bunny was added to the front of a Lots of Label Framelit cut from Birthday Bouquet DSP with Stampin’ Dimensionals, then added to the front of the base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- To hold the favor closed, the medium flower from Blossom Bunch Punch was punched from Blushing Bride and the small flower from Mint Macaron cardstock, adhered together with Mini Glue Dots and added to the Mini Clothespin with Mini Glue Dots.
Here’s the inside. I found some of these chocolate crisp bunnies at the Dollar Tree Store…3 for $1 and they fit perfectly inside! I used a couple Mini Glue Dots to hold in place!
OK…isn’t that just the CUTEST??? Love it! Now continue onto to the Create with Connie and Mary website to find out more about our March and April Mini Sessions…we just opened March yesterday! Don’t miss out on all these GREAT ideas for only $8.95 per month! Here’s a sneak peek for March! After that, you’ll continue to Mary Brown’s blog, or back to Melissa Davies’ blog!
I’ve had this snowman done for a few weeks and have been saving him for this week! Of course, I used the Snow Place stamp set and Snow Friends Framelits to decorate the Cutie Pie Box! Isn’t he SOOOO cute?
- The Cutie Pie Box is cut from Thick White Cardstock.
- The sides I added a 1-3/4 wide strip of Season of Cheer Designer Paper.
- I inked up the face of the snowman with a Basic Black Marker on one side of the Cute Pie Box before putting it together, then colored the nose with Pumpkin Pie.
- I stamped the hat with Tuxedo Black Ink, the scarf with Marina Mist Ink, and the candy cane with Real Red Ink. The holly I inked up with the Real Red and Garden Green Markers. The hat band colored with Marina Mist marker. All were cut with the Snow Friends Framelits and adhered to the front side of the box.
- The buttons were punched with the 1/4″ Circle Punch from Black Glimmer Paper and added with Mini Glue Dots.
I love how he turned out and how easy it is to open the bottom of the box and fill with a special treat!
OK…next up on our Saturday Blog Hop is the Create with Connie and Mary website where you can find out more about how to sign up for our DECEMBER Mini Session starting soon! (Don’t forget, if you signed up for the WINTER BONUS last month, you already have subscribed to this session!)
- Bloomin’ Love Bundle 3D Project
- Going Global
- Timeless Love
- Wonderland (last minute gift packaging idea!)
- No Bones About It
- BONUS: Bloomin’ Love Card Set
Check out the details over on Create with Connie and Mary!
I made up a couple batches of these little favors using the Note Tag Punch for my Stamp Club orders this month in celebration of Halloween! I love the little bottles and tags in this set! Here’s the first batch I did…of course, like usual, I start giving them out before they are all done, so I didn’t get a photo of all of them! Don’t they kind of look like tombstones all together like this? lol!
- The base is 1-1/2 x 6 Basic Black cardstock. Feed the cardstock thru the back of the Note Tag Punch and punch the top.
- Score at 2-1/4 and 3-1/4 from the punched top. Then punch the other side.
- Stamp the Happy Hauntings tag with Memento Tuxedo Black on Tangerine Twist cardstock and punch with the Note Tag Punch as normal. Adhere on the shorter side to equal up the sides.
- Wrap a 1 x 3 piece of Happy Hauntings Designer Paper around a chocolate Hershey Nugget and adhere inside the 1″ section.
- Pierce a hole and close with the Candy Dot Base and Candy Dot on front.
- Stamp the narrow bottle with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Rich Razzleberry cardstock, cut out and adhere to the front of the treat with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
They were quick and fun to put together. Think I’ll make up another little batch for my husband’s co-workers!
We just opened the October Create with Connie and Mary Mini Session! It’s not too late to join! Here are the details…don’t miss out!
* Includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
* All FIVE projects are available once the mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials)
* Plus BONUS cards done by Connie and Mary throughout the month!
*Mini session is available NOW!
Sets used for this collection:
- Holly Jolly Greetings
- Vintage Leaves (or Lighthearted Leaves could be used!)
- Your Presents
- Happy Scenes
- Thankful Forest Friends
- BONUS: Reason for the Season
- The base is two cuts from Crumb Cake Cardstock with the Square Pillow Box Thinlet Die to make the box. It was stamped with Soft Suede Ink and the Hardwood Background Stamp, added Tear and Stick Tape to the tabs and formed the box.
- A 2 x 12 Belly Band of Happy Hauntings DSP wrapped around the outside and adhered.
- A quarter piece of the Spider Web Doily was adhered to the inside top of the Belly Band.
- The chevron circle in Sparkly Seasons was stamped with Tangelo Twist ink on Tangelo Twist cardstock and the face added with Tuxedo Black Ink, then punched with the 2″ Circle Punch. The stem/leaf image was stamped with Old Olive, the stem colored with Chocolate Chip Marker and cut out, then put on top of the pumpkin. It was added to the Belly Band with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- The spider from Cheer All Year was stamped with Tuxedo Black on Whisper White and cut out, then added over the web and pumpkin.
- Happy Haunting from Cheer All Year was stamped with Tuxedo Black on Whisper White cardstock, then trimmed into two pieces and added to the front.
That’s it! Now continue around the blog hop with a stop at our Create with Connie and Mary website so you can get the details on signing up for our SEPTEMBER Mini Session…open NOW! We just added another BONUS this month because we know that some of you don’t do Halloween! We’ve remade two of the tutorials using Christmas stamp sets!
With our September mini session we are featuring fall and Halloween sets (plus now Christmas!) from the Holiday Catalog…
- Sweet Hauntings
- Cheer All Year
- Howl-o-ween Treats
- Haunt Ya Later
- Lighthearted Leaves
- BONUS: Acorny Thank You
- AND a bonus project from me remaking Debbie Henderson’s Halloween Tabletop Decor into an ADORABLE Snow Place Tabletop Decor
- AND two Jolly Christmas Cards using the layouts from Mary using Deb’s Haunt Ya Later card set
Another fun SUO Challenge this time is to make a Sweet Treat! I decided to show the sweet treat favor I made for my Hawaii incentive trip 3D swap! These are filled with Mambo taffy candy. I made 28 of them for the swap and a couple friends…here they are ready to be packed in my suitcase!
- The Beautiful Bunch flower was stamped twice with Pumpkin Pie (Rich Razzleberry or Daffodil Delight) Ink on Whisper White, then punched with the Fun Flower punch.
- The leaves were the flower stamped with Old Olive Ink on Old Olive cardstock, punched, then cut the petals for leaves.
- The center Petite Petal image was stamped with Old Olive Ink on Whisper White and punched with the Petite Petals punch, then added to the center. A Rhinestone jewel was put in the center.
- I added a 1 3/4″ wide piece of Daffodil Delight to the top, added the flower and leaves. It’s Your Day from Fabulous Four was stamped with Pacific Point on a strip of Whisper White and cut with a flag end.
Here’s the side view. The candy was wrapped in the Brights Patterns Designer Paper and adhered to the bottom strip.
I promised I’d share the directions on how to make the box I did for the Control Freaks Blog Hop this month! We aren’t permitted to have extra “links” the first couple days of the tour so people don’t get off track on the tour. But, finally I can share! Here you go!
Set: Petal Potpourri
Inks: Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe (retiring), Pistachio Pudding (retiring), Gold Metallic (retiring)
Cardstock: Crisp Cantaloupe (retiring), Garden Green, Whisper White
Accessories: Gold Soiree DSP (retiring), 1/8″ Gold Metallic Ribbon, Party Pennants Die (retiring), Flower Medallion Punch, 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch, 1/2″ Circle Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Cello bag, White Stripe Ribbon, Pompom Trim