Posts Tagged ‘Flourish Thinlets’
I promised to show you the helper gifts Mary and I made for the Create with Connie and Mary LIVE event we held last weekend. In addition to the Perfectly Wrapped stamp set and all attendee prizes, we made these wonderful Chalkboard Frames using the Bunch of Blossoms stamp set, Blossom Builder Punch and Flourish Thinlets. I found the 12 x 16 chalkboard ruler frames at the Target Dollar Spot area (no, not for $1) and knew that I could decorate them. Here’s what I designed:
Here’s a closeup of the larger flower.
A few details:
- The larger outside petals were stamped with Flirty Flamingo Ink on Flirty Flamingo cardstock and punched.
- The inside flower petals were punched from the In Color Flirty Flamingo Designer Paper Pack.
- The center was cut with the Flourish Thinlets from Daffodil Delight Cardstock. In the center is a Perfect White Accent.
- The leaves were stamped with Garden Green on Garden Green cardstock and handcut.
- The other Flourish flowers were cut from Whisper White with a 3/8 Circle of Daffodil Delight cardstock in the center.
- The buds were stamped with Crushed Curry on Daffodil Delight cardstock and Flirty Flamingo cardstock, then assembled with two Daffodil Delight petals and one Flirty Flamingo petal.
- The large flourishes were cut from Cucumber Crush cardstock.
We thought these could be used for so many reasons! A welcome greeting, a kitchen menu, and in the stamp room, of course! They really loved them…and trust me, they are prettier in person than even the pictures!
* * * * * * * * *
OK…if you missed the Create LIVE event, you can BUY A MAKE & TAKE KIT of all the projects we did. Complete materials and directions for completing them are included. Sorry, no stamped images per Stampin’ Up! policy. Find more details HERE!
* * * * * * * * *
And, we’re getting ready to launch the Create with Connie and Mary August Mini Session!
We are using stamp sets from the 2016-17 catalog on our projects! PLUS…get a HOLIDAY SURPRISE card set tutorial using Star of Light Bundle from the Holiday Catalog to get you started on your Christmas cards ideas!
- Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
- All FIVE projects are available once the monthly mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials)
- Mini Sessions open on the 11th of each month
- Only $8.95 US per month
Head over to Create with Connie and Mary to sign up now!
I think what makes this card so striking is the color combination, what do you think? Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Basic Black, folded in half.
- The Tip Top Taupe layer is 4 x 5-1/4.
- The Flourish was cut with the Flourish Thinlets from Basic Black cardstock and adhered to the front with Tombow Multipurpose Glue.
- The larger flower from the Flourish Thinlets was cut from Real Red, the center flower from Whisper White and adhered together with Stampin’ Dimensionals and put on front.
- A Perfect White Accent fills the center.
- With Sympathy from Flourishing Phrases is stamped with Memento Black Ink in the lower right corner.
That’s it! I just love this color combination! OK, next up is the Create with Connie and Mary website to find out more about our July Mini Session! It’s not too late to join…we just got started! Last chance to take advantage of our July/August BONUS Summer Project!
It’s not too late to join! LAST CHANCE for the Summer BONUS! The July 2016 MINI SESSION is only $8.95 US and we’re using products and stamp sets from the NEW Catalog…aren’t you loving the new stuff?
* Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
Sign up for both July and August for only $17.90 US and we have a BONUS Summer project for you designed by Mary Brown using Jar of Love Bundle! Head over to Create with Connie and Mary for more details and to sign up now!
Time for another Stampin’ Up! Only Challenge! This week we are using our favorite new designer paper or colored cardstock! I just HAD to use this print in the Fruit Stand Designer Paper package…I almost hated to cut into it, but I love the bright cheerful colors in it! And now I HAVE to buy the coordinating stamp set because I love the DSP so much!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crushed Curry, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, a 2 x 5-1/4 strip of the Fruit Stand DSP was added to the top. Tucked under the top is the border cut from Basic Black cardstock with the Flourish Thinlets.
- The flower from Flourishing Phrases is stamped with Crushed Curry on scrap Whisper White and hand cut out.
- The center lacy piece is cut with the Flourish Thinlet and added to the center of the larger flower with a Stampin’ Dimensional. In the center of that is the In Color Enamel Shape in Peekaboo Peach.
- The leaves were stamped with Garden Green and cut by hand, then tucked under the flower.
- Thank You greeting from Flourishing Phrases is stamped with Memento Black Ink.
OK…check out the rest of the design team over on SUO Challenges to see what their favorite new DSP or cardstock color is! Thanks for stopping by!
Are you in love with the new In Colors as much as I am??? There isn’t a single one that I don’t like! This month on the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop we are featuring the new In Colors each week! This week is Flirty Flamingo! Here’s what I came up with…
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Flirty Flamingo cardstock, folded in half.
- On top is a 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 layer of Whisper White.
- The lacy strip and flower were cut with the Flourish Thinlet Dies from Flirty Flamingo cardstock.
- The large flower from Flourishing Phrases was stamped off with Flirty Flamingo Ink on Whisper White and cut out. It is popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals and placed on the front. The lacy Flourish die is adhered in the center and a Perfect White Accent added in the center.
- The lacy leaf is cut from Emerald Envy cardstock and tucked under the flower.
- Finally, the greeting from Flourishing Phrases was stamped with Memento Black Ink on the front above the flower.