Posts Tagged ‘flower card’
WOOHOO!!! We have a BLOG HOP for you today in addition to our normal challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary in celebration of PREVIEW WEEK for the Summer Collection 2014! But hurry, the Early Bird Special is almost over! You save $5 off the regular $29.95 price when you sign up before Sunday! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary!
You’ve probably just come from Lisa Martz’s blog, isn’t her card FUN??? I love it! This week it is a Color Challenge for you to try…aren’t these colors pretty together?
And…here is my card. I used the fun new Flower Frenzy Die and Party Pennants die on my card, along with Age Awareness stamp set.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Real Red cardstock, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White, I stamped Happy Birthday from Age Awareness with Bermuda Bay and Real Red Ink.
- I cut the Party Pennant from the Bermuda Bay Patterns DSP and then the flowers from Crushed Curry, Real Red and Bermuda Bay Patterns DSP.
- The center is the circle from the die and the new Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper…LOVE it!
- I wrapped some White Bakers Twine around 3 times and tied a bow at the top of the Party Pennant!
Clean, pretty simple and lots of colorful fun! Make sure you take the BLOG HOP to all the stops to see what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week with the color challenge! Then grab your stamps and play along. AND…don’t forget to sign up for our Summer Collection featuring products from the NEW catalog! Upload your card and get the details over on Create with Connie and Mary! Next stop is the fabulous Mary Brown...with an awesome card like usual!
Time for another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge…this time a sketch! I really had fun with this one, I could have gone in several different directions, but finally settled on using Too Kind, a flower set I haven't used lately!
I love the diagonal stripes on this sketch! Here's my take on it:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Daffodil Delight, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Crisp Cantaloupe.
- On top of that is a 3 3/4 x 5 layer of Watercolor Wonder Designer Paper, this polka dot is one of my favorites in that package!
- I added the three strips of Daffodil Delight across the front.
- I stamped the flower from Stampin' Up!'s Too Kind stamp set twice on Whisper White cardstock with Crisp Cantaloupe and Cajun Craze on top. The stems are Always Artichoke. I added Candy Dots on the top of the stems. I cut it out with the Oval Framelit.
- I layerd the oval on the Crisp Cantaloupe Decorative Label punch that I cut in half to make it wider under the oval. That piece is popped up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Make sure to check out Create with Connie and Mary and see what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this sketch! Lots of fun ideas!
And…don't forget that we are starting our NEW session with ALL CARDS! So what is Card "Create"tions 2014 all about?
- 3 weeks of FABULOUS card ideas – 18 different sets (not including our two Preview sets).
- Each SET is presented with 4 cards…for a total of 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas NOT SEEN ANYWHERE ELSE!
- Each Saturday we will each do a small favor as a bonus item using the same set we use during the week. These WILL be displayed publicly but only subscribers will see the cards!
- Featuring designers: Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson, Deb Currier, Nicole Tugrul, Connie Babbert, and Mary Brown
The Create with Connie and Mary Card "Create"tions PREVIEW starts March 25 and the session runs from March 30 thru April 19! Sign up TODAY over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Create with Connie and Mary
Card "Create"tions 2014
We've just come to the end of Week 1 over on Create with Connie and Mary Spring Collection 2014 and we've showed off some fantastic projects! It's not too late to join! On Saturdays, the design team shares their challenge card. It is the only day that both subscribers and non-subscribers see any with the Spring Collection! Find out more details about our Spring Collection 2014 over on Create with Connie and Mary and make sure to check out what the Design Team did with this sketch!
I love this FUN sketch today!
I know, I know…again with the Petite Petals! But…have YOU bought it yet? lol!
And here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Crushed Curry folded in half.
- I cut a strip of Basic Black cardstock and punched the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border. I added it behind the right side of the 3 1/4 x 5 1/4 piece of Kaleidoscope Designer Paper and adhered the entire thing along the left edge of the base card.
- I used a 1/2 x 3 1/4 piece of Bermuda Bay going across the card and cut a Starburst Framelit from Basic Black and placed on the front.
- Then I stamped the small flower from Petite Petals three times with Crushed Curry on Whisper White and punched them out. I also stamped one in Pear Pizzazz and cut it out for the leaves. I adhered them in a cluster on the Starburst Framelit.
- For the centers of the flowers, I punched some small circles of Crisp Cantaloupe with the Owl Punch, then added Gold Sequins in the center.
- I stamped Happy Birthday from Itty Bitty Banners in Bermuda Bay on Whisper White and cut it out, then placed on the front.
- I also added a little bit of the extra Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border in Basic Black as an accent under the greeting as the sketch showed.
It's not too late to join! We are JUST finishing WEEK 1 of our Create with Connie and Mary Spring Collection 2014 featuring the Occasions and Sale-a-bration brochures and have shown several fun projects so far! When you join, you'll be able to go back and see what we've done AND be one of the first to see the new projects. These are perfect for your classes and stamp camps, or to get EXCLUSIVE ideas on gifts, decorating and cards…you won't see these ideas posted ANYWHERE else! For less than $1 each step-by-step photo tutorial, you get over 18 projects and 24 card ideas at a price of only $29.95 US! Join us today over on Create with Connie and Mary!!!
We have a fun sketch challenge for you this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! The shape in the center can be anything, so you'll see below that I used a tag! Some of the other Challenge Team members did fun things with the shape, too!
Here's my card. Yes, I'm still obsessed with Petite Petals…just so much fun with this little shape!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Island Indigo cardstock.
- I embossed the Whisper White layer with the Decorative Dots fold (a Sale-A-Bration selection!)
- I cut the flag piece in the center from Watercolor Wonder Designer Paper, it is 1 3/4" x 5".
- I used the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch with Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock, then added an 1 3/4" wide panel of Whisper White and stamped You and Me from Perfect Pennants with Island Indigo ink. At the bottom I cut another 1/2" strip of coordinating DSP from Watercolor Wonder DSP package.
- I stamped the Petite Petals flower three times with Daffodil Delight and punched them out. In the centers, I added the Gold Sequins. I also stamped one of the flowers with Gumball Green, then cut it up for leaves.
- Finally, I added a sprinkling of more Gold Sequins according to the sketch.
Isn't it fun? I'm happy with how it turned out!
Make sure to check out what the rest of the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge Team did with the sketch challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary.
It's not too late to join! We are JUST starting our Create with Connie and Mary Spring Collection 2014 featuring the Occasions and Sale-a-bration brochures and have shown several fun projects so far! When you join, you'll be able to go back and see what we've done AND be one of the first to see the new projects. These are perfect for your classes and stamp camps, or to get EXCLUSIVE ideas on gifts, decorating and cards…you won't see these ideas posted ANYWHERE else! For less than $1 each step-by-step photo tutorial, you get over 18 projects and 24 card ideas at a price of only $29.95 US! Join us today over on Create with Connie and Mary!!!