Posts Tagged ‘Four Feathers’
It’s Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary Challenge. We have a beautiful color challenge for you to try this week!
So here is what I did with it! Even though feathers aren’t technically Christmas themed, I bet we see a lot of feathers in holiday decorating this year! I grabbed the snowflake pattern in All Is Calm Designer Paper to go along with my feathers.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Mossy Meadow cardstock.
- On the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White, I added a 1 1/4 x 5 1/4 strip of the snowflake pattern in All Is Calm DSP.
- I punched the Ribbon Border Punch strip from Mossy Meadow and tucked it slightly under the DSP so only one side of the scalloped edge showed.
- I stamped the feathers with Mossy Meadow, Lost Lagoon and embossed the large one with Silver Embossing Powder, cut them with the Feather Framelits and adhered them to the Whisper White with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I used a piece of 1/8 Silver Ribbon and tied a bow and added it to the feathers with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Celebrate the Season is from Endless Wishes stamp set and stamped with Lost Lagoon.
- Finally, I added a little bling with some Frosted Silver Sequins.
Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! Some beautiful cards! Then grab your stamps and play along!
It’s Thursday and time for the weekly challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! It is a Color Challenge this week…hope it gets you inspired to make something great!
I thought right away of using my Four Feathers stamp set…it hadn’t been inked up yet! But, I love that it has coordinating Framelits to match the feathers! And feathers are REALLY hot right now in decorating…have you noticed them?
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Pool Party folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Hello Honey!
- On the 3 3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White, I stamped the Dotty Angles image with Hello Honey ink.
- Next I used It’s Your Birthday from Big News stamp set with Basic Gray ink.
- I stamped two of the feathers in Four Feathers with Pool Party ink on Whisper White, then cut with the Feathers Framelits Dies. I tied some Daffodil Delight Bakers Twine in a double bow and adhered it over the feathers. They were popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally, I colored some Rhinestones with the Coastal Cabana Blendabilities Markers (darkest one) and added them to the front and the Exclamation Point!
I love the fun, whimsical look to this card and hope you enjoy it, too!
So…don’t forget…it is Holiday Card “Create”tions PREVIEW WEEK over on Create with Connie and Mary. Make sure to sign up for our next session starting on Sunday! We are doing one week of Fall/Halloween card sets and two weeks of Christmas…NOTHING BUT CARDS…for only $19.95 US!