Posts Tagged ‘Gift card holder’
I’ll probably be off-line the next few days to enjoy our families at Christmas. I wish you all a VERY Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
A few weeks ago, I was commissioned by my son to make a Gift Card “basket” for his work holiday party! I decided to do a Gift Card Tree with some of my favorite Punch Art characters! I can’t believe it, but I did forget to take closeups of each of them individually…so this full shot is all I have! Hope you can see it ok. There is a Snowman, an Elf suit, a Penguin, Rudolph and Santa suit. I used the Gift Card Framelit for the base. Inside the holders are gift cards to various restaurants around town.
Sorry, I’m not going into details on each one, but the base is the bottom of a decorated gift box and I wrapped around some retired Real Red Striped Ribbon. Inside the box is some floral foam to hold the skewers in place and shredded tissue on top to hide the foam. On the back of the gift card holder, I added a little rectangle of cardstock with Sticky Strip around it to form a pocket for the end of the stick to slide into and hold secure.
You like? It was a hit at the party!
Don’t forget about my Accessory Product Share going on now. See more details HERE!
It’s Saturday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! This week’s theme is Christmas Gift Card Holders! I love giving a gift card or certificate in something special. This pocket holder for Stampin’ Up!’s gift certificates are my favorite to make! Of course, I’m using the Snow Friends framelits…even looks cute without the stamp set! I was inspired by a card that Janet Wakeland made using just the cut out snowman shape!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crumb Cake cardstock and scored at 1-1/4 and 4-1/4. The corners are rounded with the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch.
- A 2-1/4 x 5 piece of Merry Moments Designer Paper is adhered to the bottom portion under the flap.
- The pocket is formed by added Tear and Tape Adhesive to the insides and then adhering the flap to the front.
- The Cherry Cobbler piece is cut 2 x 4, then punched with the Ornate Tag Topper Punch and tied with some Silver Cording in a bow. It is added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals, making sure not to adhere to the back of the pocket.
- A small Silver Metallic Doily is added to the front of the tag.
- The large snowman from Snow Friends Framelits was cut from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and added to the tag with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Jolly from Christmas Greetings Thinlets was added on top of the snowman with Tombow Monoadhesive Glue.
- A green Home For Christmas Enamel Dot was placed on the top hat cut from Basic Black cardstock.
- Finally, the greeting from Embellished Ornaments was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on the flap of the pocket.
I think my customers who buy gift certificates this month will LOVE this holder, don’t you?
OK…I’m excited to see what the rest of the Create with Connie and Mary Design Team did this week with the Gift Card/Money holders! You can continue on your way by clicking on the NEXT button below and checking out the details of our DECEMBER Mini Session that opened this week at our Create with Connie and Mary website, then move on to Mary Brown’s website from there!
It’s not too late to join! Here’s a sneak peek of the projects we are doing…using a couple of the NEW Occasions Catalog sets! Don’t miss out! Here is a list of the sets we are using for the December session, great for your upcoming January, Valentine and Occasions classes:
- Bloomin’ Love Bundle 3D Project
- Going Global
- Timeless Love
- Wonderland (last minute gift packaging idea!)
- No Bones About It
- BONUS: Bloomin’ Love Card Set
Today’s the today! Create with Connie and Mary July 2015 Session is NOW AVAILABLE! For my project, I used the Garden in Bloom stamp set and Cherry on Top Washi Tape! I loved how it turned out. But sorry, only subscribers can see that project. But, I decided to make a matching gift card holder for sharing on my blog! Make the project and add this little gift card holder as a bonus. Or…use it just as a card with a “hidden” note inside! Fun, isn’t it? Can you tell what I used for a base?
Need a hint? Maybe the second photo will help…
Can you tell now? If you guessed a regular card sized Whisper White envelope…ding, ding, ding…you are correct!
Here are the details:
- Fold a regular sized card envelope in half. Open and cut off the flap on the right side of the fold. I also cut off the side flap piece so I had a squared off look.
- Add a strip of Washi Tape along the edge for a little decoration.
- Inside, I stamped the Garden in Bloom three-step blossom with Pink Pirouette, stamped off Watermelon Wonder and full strength outline Watermelon Wonder. The leaves were stamped off Cucumber Crush and outlined in full strength Cucumber Crush.
- A 2-1/2 x 4 piece of So Saffron was cut for the note card inside. I stamped the bee with Tuxedo Black Ink and the body with Crushed Curry, then hand drew the dots for the pattern of his flight. You could use a gift card in place of this card…or use both!
- On the front of the outside envelope, I added some more Washi Tape along the edge.
- I cut a 2-1/2 x 4 piece of Whisper White, rounded the corners, then stamped the trio of flowers and leaves in the same way as the inside. I added some Perfect White Accents in the center of the flowers for some extra bling. It was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I also filled in the background of the flowers with some Pink Pirouette solid flower images.
- The butterfly was stamped with Crushed Curry Ink.
- Huge Congrats from Watercolor Wishes Card Kit was stamped with Tuxedo Black ink.
OK…now, don’t forget to go subscriber over on Create with Connie and Mary! You don’t want to miss out!
Need some ideas for new sets? What some exclusive ideas that are not posted public? Check out the new Create with Connie and Mary Mini Session!
All FIVE projects are available once the mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials) right there at your fingertips
AND we are showing ‘snippets’ of the projects and letting you know what sets we used!
All this for only $8.95! Projects will be available July 26th and you will get ALL 5 ideas right away…no waiting! So head over to Create with Connie and Mary to sign up now!
We have a really fun challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! We switched it up a little due to the upcoming Christmas holidays and thought we’d have a “Make a Gift Card Holder” theme this week! It can be any style holder…check out what the Challenge Team did…they are all VERY different!
I personally give some gift cards at Christmas, but I also like to dress them up a little! For this one, I used the Gift Card Envelope Thinlet for the holder, but added it to a card front! I designed a simple version of this sweet little angel for my tag class this week…but I’ve embellished her even more for this project by giving her sparkling Glimmer Wings and Confetti Stars on her dress, plus her hair in a bun! lol!
A few details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Whisper White. On top is a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Hello Honey.
- The Santa & Co. Designer Paper is cut 3 1/2 x 5 1/4.
- Whisper White was used with the Gift Card Envelope Thinlet and I cut off the smaller side, then sealed the edges of the envelope on 3 sides. I punched a partial 1″ circle on the open end so the gift card would be easy to pull out.
- I wrapped the Daffodil Delight Striped Ribbon around the gift card tightly, then tied it closed with White Bakers Twine.
- The Angel base is Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper cut with the Star Framelit. I also cut the same size star from Hello Honey and cut away the top and two side points to make her dress. The arm sleeves are the Word Window Punch in Hello Honey and her hands in Blushing Bride. I cut a sliver of the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper to make the trim on her sleeves.
- Her head is a 1″ Circle of Blushing Bride with a 1/8″ Circle of Real Red for her mouth and I drew on the eyes with lashes. The hair is the 1″ circle cut from Chocolate Chip and a 1/2″ punched circle for the “bun”. The halo is a piece of 1/8″ Gold Ribbon.
- I used the Confetti Punch with Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper to punch our the stars and adhered them to the front of her dress randomly.
- Then I popped up my angel on the front of the gift card envelope with Stampin’ Dimensionals and stamped the greeting from Christmas Bliss with Basic Gray ink on the envelope.
When you pull on the ribbon, the gift card slides out!
Didn’t she turn out sweet? I was so happy with the tag I made for my Tag Class, that I just knew I had to use her again! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary and get some great ideas for gift card holders!
I love seeing cardinals flitting around the trees outside! We have a male and female that love our big tree right outside our family room! So, when I saw Stampin’ Up!’s Beauty of the Season stamp set, I knew I had to have it! I think I have all their cardinal sets! lol!
I made this up early last month to hold the gift certificate for my downline, Jane, who had Top Sales for the 2013-2014 Stampin’ Up! year! She lives in another state and couldn’t make the downline recognition meeting last month! I love how easy this gift certificate holder is to make…use it all the time! I played around a little with my Blendabilities when making this, too!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 3/4″ and 4 1/4″. I rounded the corners of the flap and back with the Corner Rounder Punch and added a 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ strip of Nordic Noel Designer Paper across the flap. I used Sticky Strip on the sides to form the pocket.
- I cut a 3 1/4 x 5 1/4 piece of Whisper White and stamped the cardinal image with Tuxedo Black Memento Pad. I used the Real Red and Crumb Cake Blendabilities to color the bird. I also used the White Gel Pen to highlight the eye a little more. I used Daffodil Delight on the beak. I outlined the branch with Crumb Cake to give it a little more definition, too.
- I stamped the greeting with Tuxedo Black Ink on Crumb Cake and tore around it, then added it to the front.
- Inside I cut down the gift certificate slightly so it would fit in the pocket. It fits in a regular sized medium envelope.
It came together pretty quickly! I have some other ideas using this set that I need to work on!
Don’t forget…it’s not too late to join our Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Card “Create”tions 2014! We just finished one week of Halloween/Fall card sets and now are working on two weeks of Christmas! It’s not too late to join and you won’t miss anything…you can refer back to the projects 24/7 for up to a year! For only $19.95 US, you’ll get over 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas not shown ANYWHERE else! So, stop by Create with Connie and Mary and sign up!
Wow! Can you believe it is already the LAST DAY of Preview Week over on Create with Connie and Mary? Today (Saturday) is the last day of our Early Bird Savings…so don’t forget to sign up and save $5 off the regular $29.95 price!
For my FREE TUTORIAL for Preview Week, I wanted to make a little pocket mini album that could be used for a variety of different things…photos, gift cards, love coupons, inspiration messages…anything, really! This one I did up with the new Garden Party Stamp Set, Flowerpot Designer Paper and the Envelope Punch Tool, plus some of those YUMMY In Color Satin Stitched Ribbons!
I have a full step-by-step photo FREE TUTORIAL on how to make this fun little album over on Create with Connie and Mary today! Stop by and download it!
But first…I have BLOG CANDY! Leave me a comment on my blog today telling me how YOU would use your album and be entered into a drawing for a FREE SUBSCRIPTION to our Summer Collection 2014! We’ll draw the winners tomorrow! But, don’t worry…if you subscribe to get the Early Bird Price and are a winner, we’ll apply your win to a future subscription!
We’re getting ready to start the Summer Collection 2014 over on Create with Connie and Mary! We are featuring products from the NEW CATALOG…lots of great ideas for classes and stamp camps or gifts! Don’t miss it! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary!
I was SO excited to attend the Stampin' Up! Catalog Premiere in Columbus, Ohio! Stampin' Up! did a simulcast from over 40 locations around North America! We all were able to see Shelly Gardner, Carrie Cudney, Shannon West, Bonnie Thurber and Donna Griffin (LIVE in Long Beach) demonstrate some of the NEW products coming out! And enjoyed the ever delightful Brian Pillings. I'm SOOOO excited about MANY of them…and they just were the tip of the iceburg! On our way out, they handed us a NEW catalog and stamp set! I'm SO glad that I went!
I wanted to share the little favor that I took with me to give out to friends who attended…I had a couple leftover, so I think I forgot to give one to a couple people! Found them at the bottom of my bag! Sorry! And, I never did run into my friend (BARBARA!!!), they must have run out the back door as soon as it was over! lol! Inside the little pouch were M&Ms!
And here is a closeup:
Want some details?
- The base is 3 1/4 x 8 1/2, scored (long side at top) at 4 and 8. Fold the side flap in and add Sticky Strip to flap and bottom to make pouch.
- Cut a 3/4 x 4 piece of Real Red Designer Paper Stack for the bottom.
- Used the On Film Framelit with Silver Cardstock for the background.
- For the projector: 3/4 Basic Black & 3/8" Silver Circles for the film wheels, box is 1 x 1 3/4 Basic Black, lens is the Basic Black Triangle Punch cut down a little. I cut strips of Basic Black for the tripod legs and strips of Silver to decorate the projector.
- Finally I stamped Admit One from Take a Ticket with Black Stazon on Whisper White and punched it, then placed on the front!
Instead of M&Ms inside, a movie gift card would fit perfect…or add them both!
I have a BIG day of stamping coming up! Need to get some things done for my blog and a few challenges coming up! PLUS swaps for my cruise…I'm using the NEW stamp set! Woohoo!!!!
I had a few people want gift cards for the holidays, so here is this year's version! I went with my traditional folded holder…amazing how different it can look with different papers and stamping elements! I created it to fit around the pre-printed gift certificates from Stampin' Up!
Here are the details:
- I cut Winter Frost Designer Paper to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, then scored at 1 1/4 and 4 1/4. (The gift certificate was trimmed down slightly to fit inside.)
- I folded the top flap down, then added a 1/4 x 5 1/2 strip of Silver Glimmer to the bottom of the flap.
- I rounded all the corners with the Corner Rounder Punch.
- I created the pocket by adding Sticky Strip to the sides.
- I stamped the small snowflake in Festive Flurry with Coastal Cabana ink on Whisper White, then cut it out with the Festive Framelit, along with one in Silver Glimmer Paper.
- I cut two more larger sized snowflakes with the Framelits and Coastal Cabana and Island Indigo cardstock. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to attach to the front of the pocket.
- Finally, I stamped Christmas Greetings from Warmth & Wonder Hostess set with Island Indigo Ink on a strip of Whisper White and cut a flag end, then tucked it under the snowflake.
The Silver Glimmer Paper just really makes it SPARKLE! Love it and hope all the recipients enjoy it, too!
Hope this finds you almost ready for Christmas! I hope to make a couple batches of cookies today AND finish up wrapping the last of my gift cards. Waiting on ONE more gift to arrive via UPS…cutting it close with that one! Oh, still need to get stocking candy and items today, too!
Create with Connie and Mary is getting ready to launch our Valentine Special MINI Collection immediately after Christmas on December 26th! That is so we give our demo subscribers plenty of time to set up their classes! Sign up TODAY at Create with Connie and Mary so you don't miss out!
This MINI collection will be slightly different…only FOUR projects…and only $5.95 US!!!
- A mini session featuring the Whole Lot of Love Valentine suite of stamps and accessories!
- FOUR step-by-step pictorial project tutorials…two card set tutorials and two 3D projects!
- NEW! Kits of supplies for each project will be available to purchase!
- Featuring the Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper Stack on all our projects!
- ONE tutorial revealed EACH day on Dec 26, 27, 28 and 29.
- Exclusive to subscribers, these projects will not be shown ANYWHERE else!
- Demos & Customers welcome!
Join today over on Create with Connie and Mary!
While Mary and I are at Convention, we are swapping gift card holders for Create with Connie and Mary using the Pop N Cuts Die. It's a combination of two gift holders you've probably seen…but put together in a unique way! If you see us, make sure to stop and say hello and swap with us (while supplies last)! If you are a subscriber…let us know that, too! We'd love to meet you!
Mary filmed a video so you could see exactly how our holder is put together, so if you miss out on getting one…you can still see what we did! Mary used butterflies on hers…I used my favorite Flower Shop and Pansy punch flowers! lol! And we used a combination of colors and designer paper so not all look exactly like these…just sayin'!
Love it…don't you? Sounds like we are in for a fast paced, exciting NEW Convention this year! We can't wait to see it all and catch up with old (and new!) friends! Hope to see you there!
WOW…hasn't the past year just FLOWN by. My husband and I were watching the ball drop in New York and read the 2013…remembering that it just seemed like it turned over to 2000 and people were SO worried about how their technology would react!
I wanted to show off one more project I did for the holidays. I used Patty Bennett's idea of a gift card holder and my favorite holiday set, No Peeking, to make up several of these to "unwrap" at Christmas. I had about 10 of them to make for family, my UPS carrier, mail carrier and my postmistress. All of them see me frequently and are so kind! This also fits the Late Night Stampers "Snowflake" challenge this week!
Also a reminder to get those last minute Holiday Mini orders in by tomorrow, January 2…the last day to order from that catalog! Use my online ordering button in the upper left corner of my blog to place your order!
As you can see…I used this layout "theme" a lot throughout the holidays. My cards, the gift certificate holders and now my gift cards. I also used the Label Framelit with this snowman as tags on a few gifts. For the gift cards for my family, I just tucked these into another wrapped box. For the UPS driver and others, I placed in an envelope and then attached it as a tag to a bag of homemade Christmas Candy (also called white trash in my family)…mixture of Chex cereals, Cheerios, peanuts, pretzels and red/green M&Ms, covered in white chocolate. I didn't get any pictures of those…I was in a hurry to distribute them since I was running SO late! lol!
Well, enjoy the day! I plan on watching some bowl games as I work on swaps for Leadership! lol!
We've started the Early Bird Pricing on our new SPRING OCCASIONS EDITION 2013 over on Create with Connie and Mary! The 5 week session will feature items from the Spring Mini catalog…a little Valentines, Spring AND Sale-A-Bration projects featuring those Spring Mini products! Right now you can sign up for $29.95…that is $5 off the regular subscription price of $34.95…for over 30 step-by-step tutorials at less than $1 each! Don't miss out! Check out the Create with Connie and Mary site for more information!