Posts Tagged ‘Grateful Bunch’
On SUO Challenges, we have a different theme for you this week…one using Primary Colors…red, blue and yellow! Could be any shade, but I picked the brightest ones for my floral card! I also had to use some green for the leaves…the flowers just looked naked without them! lol!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White, folded in half.
- Across the front are 3/4 x 5-1/2 strips of Real Red, Daffodil Delight and Pacific Point Polka Dot patterns from the Brights Designer Paper Stack.
- You are Loved is stamped with Memento Black above the stripe lines.
- A swirl was cut from the Swirly Bird Framelits from Whisper White cardstock and added to the front.
- The trio of flowers was stamped with Memento Black On Real Red, Daffodil Delight and Pacific Point Cardstock, then punched with the Blossom Bunch Punch and added to the swirl with Stampin’ Dimensionals. The leaves were stamped with Memento Black on Wild Wasabi cardstock and handcut, then tucked under the flowers.
I love the primary colors on this card! I need to remember that color combination for future! Now…make sure to check out the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team cards at the SUO Challenges website!
Last month in my Technique Class I showed how to do the Drapery Fold for the front of a card using a different pattern in the SAB Wildfower Flowers DSP. There are several different ways to do it. I did a horizontal one for a blog hop a couple weeks ago HERE which is different than today’s vertical one!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White.
- Cut 3 x 7-1/2 Wildflower Fields DSP (retired) and score at 2-1/2, 3-1/2, 5, 6-1/8.
- Measure 1-1/2″ down from top right corner of DSP and place pencil mark. Cut from 2-1/2″ score line to the pencil mark on a diagonal.
- Fold on scored lines and add to 3 x 4-1/4 Pool Party cardstock. Adhere all the pleats down at the top, slightly bend bottom pleats so they look natural.
- Add Pool Party Glitter Ribbon across top of DSP and adhere to front of base card.
- Stamp Grateful Bunch large flower and trio of flowers with Archival Basic Black Ink on Shimmery White.
- Color flowers with Crushed Curry and Calypso Coral Inks with sponge dauber.
- Punch trio of flowers with Blossom Bunch Punch and cut out larger flower by hand. Stack two largest flowers together with Stampin’ Dimensional and add to the front of the card with more Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add yellow It’s My Party Enamel Dot to the center.
- Stamp leaves with Archival Basic Black on Old Olive, hand cut by hand and tuck under flower on front of card.
- Stamp greeting from Grateful Bunch with Black Archival Ink in upper left corner.
That’s it! Doesn’t it give a totally different look than the first one I made?
Don’t forget! We’ll be opening the Create with Connie and Mary April 2016 Mini Session TOMORROW…just in time to promote the end of the Occasions Catalog in your classes and clubs, or to make as gifts. You get THREE card sets and TWO 3-D projects for only $8.95 US! (Hint…the two 3D projects would be WONDERFUL for Mother’s Day gifts!) Here’s a sneak peek of the projects we are doing this month:
And the sets we are using:
Don’t miss out! Sign up today over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Wow…we hit 400 challenges this time over on Create with Connie and Mary. Well, honestly, it is our 300th challenge…we started at the number 100! lol! But that is still a LOT of challenges and a lot of different designers helping us! We appreciate them all!
This week we have a beautiful color challenge for you to play along with! I had a lot of fun coming up with my card!
Here you go…I used Grateful Bunch.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Lost Lagoon, folded in half.
- A 1-1/2 x 4 piece of Neutrals Designer Paper was adhered to the bottom of a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- The lace image from Grateful Bunch was added above the DSP with Sahara Sand Ink.
- A 2-1/2 circle was punched from Lost Lagoon and stamped with the leaf image from Grateful Bunch. A portion was cut off for the base, some trimmed off the center, then the top added for the vase. It is adhered on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two sets of Grateful Bunch flowers were stamped with Delightful Dijon ink on Delightful Dijon cardstock, then punched with the Blossom Bunch Punch. The large flower was stamped with Sahara Sand Ink on Sahara Sand cardstock, punched, then cut apart for leaves to fill in.
- Pearls were added to the center of the flowers and the greeting was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink in the upper right corner.
- A bow was tied with White Bakers Twine, then added to the vase with a Mini Glue Dot.
Pretty, huh? OK…go check out the rest of the Challenge Team’s designs over on Create with Connie and Mary!
I have a couple thank you notes to send out and when I saw the Global Design Project’s theme challenge GDP027 this week is Thank you, I decided to play along with them!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Melon Mambo folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Timeless Elegance Designer Paper.
- On the 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 layer of Sahara Sand, the Grateful Bunch leaves and flowers were stamped with Black Archival Ink. In the centers are It’s My Party Enamel Dots.
- A bow of Melon Mambo/Basic Black Baker’s twine is tied in a bow and added to the stem with a Mini Glue Dot.
- The greeting, also from Grateful Bunch, is stamped with Melon Mambo.
That’s it…totally CAS. I almost wanted to try to whitewash the flowers and leaves, but decided to just leave it alone. lol!
Don’t forget! We just opened the March 2016 MINI SESSION and it is only $8.95 US with a projects using stamp sets from the Occasions Catalog!
* Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
* All FIVE projects are available once the monthly mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials)
*Mini Sessions open on the 11th of each month
Sets we are using for the March session:
- Pyramid Pal Thinlets & Large Number Framelits
- Sunburst Sayings Bundle
- Timeless Textures & Cups & Kettle Framelits
- Botanical Blooms Bundle
- Grateful Bunch
Sign up for both March and April and we have a FUN Bonus project for you! Head over to Create with Connie and Mary to sign up now!
It’s Thursday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary challenge…it’s a color challenge this week!
Here’s my card using these colors:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Hello Honey, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, a 4 x 4-3/4 piece of Botanical Gardens Designer Paper is cut on the diagonal and adhered to the top.
- A coordinating black print from the same DSP package is cut 1-1/4 x 4 and placed across the front.
- Whisper White is punched with the 2-1/2 Circle Punch and added to the front.
- Large Number Framelits cut the number 50 from Basic Black.
- The Grateful Bunch flowers were stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on Hello Honey cardstock and punched with the Blossom Bunch Punch and added with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Cajun Craze Candy Dots were placed in the center of the flowers.
- A 2 x 2 piece of Hello Honey was punched with the Triple Banner Punch and stamped with the greeting from Grateful Bunch in Tuxedo Black.
That’s it! Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary and see what they did with this color challenge!
It’s almost time! We are getting ready for our Create with Connie and Mary March Mini Session! Get 5 great project and card set ideas for only $8.95 US. OR…sign up for March & April Mini Sessions for $17.90 US and get a FREE Bonus Spring 3D Project using Going Global stamp set and Going Places Designer Paper! Check out Create with Connie and Mary for more details!
Happy Monday!!!! I really had a chance to RELAX this weekend. It felt good to have nothing on our agenda, except watching our grandson, Carter, at his ice skating lesson! That was fun!
A week or so ago, I participated in a vellum blog hop. This was the card that I originally made, then decided to make another style for the actual blog hop. But, I thought you’d want to see this one, too!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White, folded in half.
- On top is a 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Pool Party cardstock.
- Along the bottom is a 1-1/4 x 3-3/4 piece of the polka dot pattern in the Birthday Bouquet Designer Paper pack added to the Pool Party layer.
- A 1/4 x 3-3/4 strip of Mossy Meadow cardstock hides the seam.
- Stamp the greeting from Grateful Bunch with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink in the upper left corner.
- Stamp the middle flower from Grateful Bunch stamp set with Mossy Meadow Ink on Blushing Bride cardstock, then punch with the Blossom Bunch Punch.
- Adhere to 1-1/2 Circle punched from the same Birthday Bouquet Designer Paper.
- Using the Festive Flower Punch, cut 8 petals from the Sale-A-Bration Botanical Gardens Vellum Stack and a 1-3/4″ Circle for the center. Adhere the petals to the vellum circle. Add the flower DSP circle over top with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Add the entire flower to the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- In the center of the flower is an It’s My Party Enamel Dot.
Want to order the supplies? You can bundle the new Occasions products to get the FREE Sale-A-Bration Vellum Stack!
My Grateful Bunch SAB Bundle
#140801 Grateful Bunch Stamp Set & Blossom Bunch Punch – $33 (Save 15%!)
#140557 Birthday Bouquet DSP – $11
#140554 It’s My Party Enamel Dots – $4
#140558 Birthday Bouquet Cardstock Pack – $7
TOTAL $55 plus tax & shipping
FREE #141019 Botanical Gardens Designer Vellum Stack
BONUS! Receive TWO additional cards in the mail from me using these bundled products FREE with your online order of $35 or more (before S/H and tax.) Please use Hostess Code JDRUWHNX on orders under $150, or take your own Hostess Benefits if over $150 and you’ll still get the cards. Remember to ALLOW demonstrator contact so the cards can be mailed to you!
It’s Thursday…time for the weekly Create with Connie and Mary challenge. It’s a fun, bright color challenge this time! Grab your stamps and play along!
Here’s what I did…a CAS design using Grateful Bunch.
Here are the details
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Lost Lagoon, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- 3/4 x 5-1/4 and 1/2 x 5-1/4 strips of Hello Honey and Lost Lagoon are added towards the left side.
- A 2-1/2 x 3-1/4 piece of Real Red from the Brights Designer Paper Stack is slid into the back of the 2-1/2 Circle Punch and cut, then added over the stripes.
- A 2″ Circle is punched from Whisper White and added to the DSP
- The large flower in Grateful Bunch is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Lost Lagoon and cut out. It is added to the circle with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The middle flower is stamped with Real Red Ink on Whisper White, colored with Hello Honey Marker and punched with the Blossom Bunch Punch. It is added to the larger flower with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- In the center of the flower is Perfect White Accent.
- The greeting from Grateful Bunch is stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on the front.
OK…make sure to check out the rest of the Thursday Challenge Team to see what they did with the color challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
When deciding what to do, my new Blossom Punch Bunch came in on my order. I immediately thought the smallest blossom would be perfect to use as “confetti” in my shaker card this week! I also added some Brights Sequins for a little extra “shake” and color!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Basic Black, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of It’s My Party DSP, a large circle was cut with the Circle Framelit. Along the bottom, the stem in the stamp set, Grateful Bunch was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and watercolored with Mint Macaron Marker and AquaPainter.
- On the back of the DSP, I added a 3-1/2 x 3-1/2 piece of Window Sheet, then added pieces of Stampin’ Dimensionals to form a circle around the opening and trap all the small pieces.
- I also cut a 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White and adhered it to the front of the Basic Black base card, stamped the Grateful Bunch greeting with Tuxedo Black Ink so that it would appear thru the circle opening.
- I stamped the smallest flower several times on Mint Macaron, Crushed Curry and Melon Mambo cardstock with Tuxedo Black Ink and punched with the Blossom Bunch Punch. They were added in a pile to the center of the circle area, along with some Brights Sequins.
- The top DSP layer was added over top to make the shaker card.
- I also stamped the large and middle flower images in Grateful Bunch with Tuxedo Black ink on Melon Mambo and Crushed Curry, punched them out and added them to the bottom of the circle by the stem.
- A Mint Macaron It’s My Party Enamel Dot was perfect for the center.
Isn’t that fun? I love the confetti look of the DSP and then the shaker flower bits!
OK…You can go backwards to Melissa Davies blog, but make sure to go forward to check out our Create with Connie and Mary website to see all about our January Mini Session AND the fabulous Valentine Bonus Project…then continue on around the Blog Hop to Mary Brown’s blog for more inspiration on shaker cards!