Posts Tagged ‘High Tide’
Here’s a card I did for my Control Freaks swap last month! I actually sat in the hospital and worked on these while waiting for my dad to get out of surgery. It was nice having a project to concentrate on instead of thinking about it…as it took over 5 hours! But, I’m very grateful he is finally home and doing good.
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Basic Black cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- At the bottom of the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Very Vanilla cardstock, the ground was stamped with Delightful Dijon ink.
- The lighthouse was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on top and the light was stamped with Delightful Dijon Ink.
- Along the right side, a 1 x 5-1/4 piece of Urban Underground Designer Paper was adhered and Basic Black Baker’s Twine was wrapped around twice and adhered in the back to cover the seam. It was adhered to the front of the base card.
- The greeting was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink towards the top.
- A couple grass images were stamped with Delightful Dijon on the ground image.
Overall, this was a pretty CAS design, but my mom loves lighthouses and I felt this was also a masculine friendly set, so I’m sure I’ll get a lot of use out of it! Hope you are inspired!
Now…what else would get you inspired? How out a NEW session of Create with Connie and Mary using products from the new Occasions and Sale-A-Bration catalogs? The January 2017 Mini Session just opened…filled with lots of inspiration for your classes, stamp camps, clubs or gifts! PLUS…sign up for both the January and February Mini Sessions together and get a free VALENTINE BONUS tutorial! We know you’ll be excited about that!
Our mini sessions include the instructions for 14 projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
- Each mini session includes TWELVE unique cards featuring three stamp sets, and
- Each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect projects for your club, classes, stamp camps or gifts
- All 14 project tutorials are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all project tutorials right there at your fingertips
- All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online.
- Only $8.95 per month! What a deal!
Sign up NOW over on Create with Connie and Mary!
My mom loves lighthouses, so this stamp set in the new Occasions catalog caught my eye right away! I really wanted to use it for this week’s Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge, and I think I managed it!
Here’s my design:
I thought the Pool Party would be great for water and the Flirty Flamingo for the morning sky! Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pool Party cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Smoky Slate cardstock.
- Spritz the 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White with water, and use an AquaPainter and Pool Party Ink Pad to watercolor along the bottom; Flirty Flamingo Ink Pad and the AquaPainter painted the sky. Let dry.
- Use the small ground stamp with Smoky Slate Ink along the left side of the water. Stamp the “waves” in the water with Pool Party Ink.
- Stamp the lighthouse base with Smoky Slate Ink and the top with Flirty Flamingo Ink on top of the ground.
- Stamp some sea oats with Smoky Slate Ink around the lighthouse.
- Ink up three small birds with Smoky Slate Marker and stamp on the front.
- Stamp the greeting with Memento Black Ink.
I LOVE it!!! Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team’s ideas over on Create with Connie and Mary!
So sorry that I have been a very bad blogger this week! Just a LOT going on after getting back from the Stampin’ Up! Incentive Cruise. Oh my…what an AWESOME time we had! The Allure of the Seas ship is truly HUGE and amazing! Even though I felt very little motion on the ship, on Monday I was feeling a little funny and getting used to being back on dry land, I guess! lol!
I’m very bummed that Stampin’ Up!’s Hello Sailor will not be in the new catalog! Better email me to order it NOW…the Occasions catalog ends on June 1st! I’ve used it quite a bit for masculine cards, even though my family really isn’t into sailing…they do love ski boats! This card is similar to the one I did for the Control Freaks Occasions Catalog Swap. I forgot to take a picture of the actual version I did for the swap. I needed to use less DSP in the background so I had enough to make 30 swap cards and I used another banner with that stripe DSP rather the full background. But other than that, it is the same.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Summer Starfruit (will miss this in-color!)
- The background is the stripe pattern from High Tide Designer Paper cut to 4 x 5 1/4.
- I embossed the 2 x 4 3/4 Smoky Slate cardstock with the Woodgrain embossing folder and cut a flag end, then placed it down the center.
- I used the Circle Framelits to cut out a Pacific Point and Whisper White circle rings, then cut away a portion of the Whisper White to make the life preserver. I looped the Summer Starfruit Twine around the top and secured the ends in the back. It is popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I used Summer Starfruit and Pacific Point Markers to ink up the Hello Sailor greeting and stamped on Whisper White, then cut with the Circle Framelit. I added Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back.
- The wheel was stamped with Smoky Slate on Whisper White and cut with the Circle Framelit (or 1″ punch). In the center I added a yellow Candy Dot.
Hope you like it! Come back tomorrow evening for the Control Freaks Tour de Freaks blog hop!
Each week during Card "Create"tions 2014 over on Create with Connie and Mary, we'll be showing little favors that match the card set we did for the week! I used Stampin' Up!'s Hello Sailor this week and came up with this for my favor! I was kind of going for a "sailboat" look…without the sails! lol! But I think it turned out pretty cute!
Here's what I did:
- The base is the Petite Purse cut out of Pacific Point cardstock, and turned upside down. (I added a score line 1" from the existing one on the lid and adhered the lid inside, then turned upside down and cut the bottom in half, those make the flaps on the side.)
- I added 1/2" strips of High Tide Designer Paper in the blue stripe pattern on the flaps and adhered them to the sides.
- I stamped Hello Sailor with Smoky Slate on Summer Starfruit, then cut a flag end.
- I stamped the Anchor with Smoky Slate on Whisper White and punched with the 3/4" Circle and layered on a 1" Circle of Smoky Slate cardstock. That is popped up on the front with a Stampin' Dimensional. I also added a Candy Dot to it.
- I stamped Best Mate with Pacific Point ink on the Chalk Talk Framelit tag of Whisper White.
- Inside the bag are lifesavors and I tied the bag closed with the 1 1/4 Striped Grosgrain Ribbon.
Super cute little favor, don't you think? Make sure to check out what the rest of the Card "Create"tions 2014 Design Team did for their favor this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
It's not too late to join Card "Create"tions 2014! You can see what we did this week, plus be one of the first to see what we are doing the next two weeks! AND, our website stays up for almost a year so you can refer back to the ideas! Each card set could be a FULL class…and the favor as a bonus! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary! For $19.95 US, you are getting 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas!
Oh what a FUN color challenge today over on Create with Connie and Mary! I thought it was perfect for the High Tide Designer Paper package, so I grabbed it to use on my card.
Here's my card using Hello Sailor stamp set. I bought this set mainly for the greeting "You're My Best Mate!" Love it…perfect for my husband as he has had many boats over the years!
Here are the details:
- I used a 4 1/4 x 11 base of Summer Starfruit, folded in half.
- I cut a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White, and used the Deco Label Framelit to cut out the shape. Then I used Pacific Point Ink to place the greeting on the base Summer Starfruit cardstock.
- Along the bottom, I cut a 2 1/2 x 4 piece of High Tide Designer Paper and adhered it to the bottom. Along the seam, I added a 1/2 x 4 piece of Pacific Point Cardstock.
- I used White Bakers Twine and wrapped it around several times to resemble nautical rope!
- I stamped the Wheel from Hello Sailor with Pacific Point on Whisper White and used the Circle Framelits to cut it out, then layered it on another circle of Pacific Point. In the center I placed an Vintage Button Brad.
- I punched out some Banner punches from the High Tide Designer Paper and lined them up along the White Baker's Twine.
I'm happy with how it turned out! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week with the color challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! And…check out our PREVIEW WEEK for the new Card Create-tions 2014 Edition that starts next Sunday! It's all about cards! Over 72 EXCLUSIVE cards using 18 stamp sets from the main and Occasions catalogs! Don't miss out…sign up today!
It's Thursday and time for a new sketch challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! This is a FUN sketch and you'll see the challenge team has LOTS of variety this week! So, here is the sketch:
And here is my take on it:
I decided to go with a "masculine" theme for my card. Hello Sailor is one of the sets that I received at Leadership. I was glad I hadn't purchased it earlier. I did have the High Tide Designer Paper…I always get ALL the designer paper! lol! After working with this set, I really do like it a lot more than I thought I would! Here's what I did
- The base is 4 1/4 x 8 1/2 of Summer Starfruit, folded in half to make a square card.
- I stamped the little anchor around the background randomly with Summer Starfruit ink.
- I added a 1" strip of High tide Designer Paper diagonally across the background.
- I cut a 2 3/4 x 2 3/4 piece of Whisper White and stamped the best mate greeting with Pacific Point Ink in the lower right corner. I stamped it again with Summer Starfruit on scrap Whisper White, then cut out the You're My pennant piece and adhered it over the Pacific Point one. It was a little tricky because I had to cut out around the "B" in Best Mates.
- I added a couple rhinestones on top and bottom in the scrolls.
- That was layered on a 3 x 3 piece of Pacific Point cardstock.
- In the upper left corner, I added two pennnats from the High Tide Designer Paper, one was 3/4" wide an the top one is 1/2" wide.
- Finally, I stamped the anchor again with Pacific Point ink on scrap Whisper White and punched it with the 3/4" Circle Punch and added it to the front with a Stampin' Dimensional. I also added a Rhinestone at the top.
I think it turned out cute and perfect for this sketch!
Make sure to check out the rest of the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge Team designs over on Create with Connie and Mary! Thanks for stopping by!