Posts Tagged ‘Holiday Home’
Stampin’ Up!’s Holiday Home is just one of those stamp sets that I had to have the minute I saw it. I loved how it had different elements for decorating them…kind of like the Cat’s Meow buildings I used to collect (and still have in my basement somewhere!) I also loved the little Santa’s Sleigh and Reindeer and thought it could be used in so many different ways! When I was working on my Flat, Fast and Fabulous Class last week, this idea came to me. I discarded it for the class because it took longer than the requirement for mass producing, but it still was pretty quick to come together!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Pool Party, folded in half.
- A 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Bermuda Bay was added on top.
- Another 3 3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White was added.
- I cut a 2 x 3 1/2 piece of All Is Calm Designer Paper in the snowflake print, and stamped Santa’s sleigh and reindeer with Tuxedo Black Ink on it in the upper left corner. (It does lighten quite a bit stamping it on the DSP.)
- I added it to a 2 1/4 x 3 3/4 piece of Silver Glimmer Paper and placed it on the Whisper White layer.
- I stamped the Holiday Home house with Tuxedo Black on scrap Whisper White and colored it with Crumb Cake, So Saffron and Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Write Markers. The wreath was stamped with Garden Green above the door.
- I stamped the greeting with Tuxedo Black towards the bottom of the Whisper White, then added the House above it with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Isn’t that a fun way to use that set? I really liked how it turned out.
STOCK UP ADHESIVE SALE!!!
this is NOT available at my online store since it is my personal sale
YES!!! Other items may be added to your order!
*MINIMUM PURCHASE OF 12 items…can be ANY combination of adhesives!
It’s THURSDAY and we have a fun color combination for you to try for this week’s Create with Connie and Mary Challenge!
I used the Nordic Noel Designer Paper because it has these colors in it…made the card come together pretty quickly!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Baked Brown Sugar folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Garden Green.
- On top of it is a 4 x 4 piece of Nordic Noel Designer Paper. I hid the seam with the 1″ Cherry Cobbler Linen Thread that adheres around in the back of the Garden Green.
- To make stamping the large focal element easier, I used a large block and lined up the two houses from Holiday Home with the strand of lights between them and stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Whisper White.
- I used Stampin’ Write Markers and AquaPainter to color the houses and lights.
- I stamped the evergreen 3 times with Garden Green and Chocolate Chip trunk, cut them out, then adhered to the front. The two evergreens I cut and used just the tops to make shrubs.
- I stamped the Wreath with Garden Green, then hand-drew the bow with Real Red Marker.
- Finally, I stamped the greeting with Real Red ink!
Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with the Color Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary. Then grab your stamps and play along!
We’re getting ready to start a NEW Holiday Collection 2014 over on Create with Connie and Mary that is full of gift ideas, home decor and 3D project tutorials perfect for your stamp camps and classes! We’re using Christmas and Winter products from Stampin’ Up!’s Holiday Catalog. Don’t miss out on Early Bird Pricing…save $5 off the regular $29.95 price! Get over 24 projects for only $24.95 US! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary!
I usually don’t show my Stamp Club cards…I try to keep them exclusive to my monthly Stamp Club Members. However, this one was just too cute not to share! I used Holiday Home and a little punch art! Anyone remember the movie “UP”?
I like to send out “just moved” or “moving” cards. This one is lots of fun! One of my members mentioned that she would be making these for her son-in-law who is a realtor! What a great idea!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Basic Gray, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Cherry Cobbler.
- On the 3 3/4 x 5 layer of Soft Sky, I stamped the trees along the bottom in Early Espresso Ink. I stamped Happy New Home in Tuxedo Black ink.
- The house was stamped with Tuxedo Black ink on scrap Whisper White and the roof and trim colored with Smoky Slate Ink, the door with Cherry Cobbler and the windows with So Saffron. I used the Framelits to cut it out.
- The balloons were Small Ovals punched from Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Bermuda Bay, Wild Wasabi and Pumpkin Pie cardstock, along with the small heart (Owl Punch) for the bottoms. I added them to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I used the White Chalk Pen to draw the “highlight” on the balloons.
- I punched two clouds with the Cupcake Punch and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals, too.
- Finally, I used the Smoky Slate Marker to draw the strings for the balloons down to the house.
I love how it turned out! Do you like?