Posts Tagged ‘No Peeking’
WOW…hasn't the past year just FLOWN by. My husband and I were watching the ball drop in New York and read the 2013…remembering that it just seemed like it turned over to 2000 and people were SO worried about how their technology would react!
I wanted to show off one more project I did for the holidays. I used Patty Bennett's idea of a gift card holder and my favorite holiday set, No Peeking, to make up several of these to "unwrap" at Christmas. I had about 10 of them to make for family, my UPS carrier, mail carrier and my postmistress. All of them see me frequently and are so kind! This also fits the Late Night Stampers "Snowflake" challenge this week!
Also a reminder to get those last minute Holiday Mini orders in by tomorrow, January 2…the last day to order from that catalog! Use my online ordering button in the upper left corner of my blog to place your order!
As you can see…I used this layout "theme" a lot throughout the holidays. My cards, the gift certificate holders and now my gift cards. I also used the Label Framelit with this snowman as tags on a few gifts. For the gift cards for my family, I just tucked these into another wrapped box. For the UPS driver and others, I placed in an envelope and then attached it as a tag to a bag of homemade Christmas Candy (also called white trash in my family)…mixture of Chex cereals, Cheerios, peanuts, pretzels and red/green M&Ms, covered in white chocolate. I didn't get any pictures of those…I was in a hurry to distribute them since I was running SO late! lol!
Well, enjoy the day! I plan on watching some bowl games as I work on swaps for Leadership! lol!
We've started the Early Bird Pricing on our new SPRING OCCASIONS EDITION 2013 over on Create with Connie and Mary! The 5 week session will feature items from the Spring Mini catalog…a little Valentines, Spring AND Sale-A-Bration projects featuring those Spring Mini products! Right now you can sign up for $29.95…that is $5 off the regular subscription price of $34.95…for over 30 step-by-step tutorials at less than $1 each! Don't miss out! Check out the Create with Connie and Mary site for more information!
Now that I'm sure the recipients have received their Stampin' Up! gift certificates, I can reveal them here on my blog! This year for my requested gift certificates, I made up this cute little holder using No Peeking! Boy…I have used this little set a LOT this season!
I used one of the printed Gift Certificates that I ordered from Merrill Corporation many moons ago! I cut it down to a 5" width so that I could get two holders from one sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock.
- I cut a 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 piece of Real Red cardstock, scored at 2 1/2 and 7.
- I embossed the front with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder and rounded the top flaps with the corner rounder.
- I added Sticky Strip to the bottom flap and folded it up for a pocket to hold the gift certificate.
- I cut a belly band of Baja Breeze at 2 x 11, then folded it around the width of the holder.
- The Label Framelit is cut from Snow Festival DSP and attached to the Belly Band to hold it closed.
- I stamped the Snowman from No Peeking in Black Stazon, then colored with Real Red, Baja Breeze, Blush Blossom Stampin' Write Markers. He is punched from Whisper White with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch.
- I added a snowflake cut from the Snow Flurry Die from Red Glimmer Paper, then added the small star of Silver Glimmer Paper.
- Finally I stamped No Peeking in Black Stazon on the front.
- Inside, I added a 1 x 5 1/2 strip of Snow Festival DSP, then punched a 1 3/8" circle and stamped To/From in Black Stazon (from the No Peeking stamp set).
- The pocket holds the gift certificate perfectly!
Did you see our new banner over on Create with Connie and Mary? We've started the Early Bird Pricing on our new SPRING OCCASIONS EDITION 2013! The 5 week session will feature items from the Spring Mini catalog…a little Valentines, Spring AND Sale-A-Bration projects featuring those Spring Mini products! Right now you can sign up for $29.95…that is $5 off the regular subscription price of $34.95…for over 30 step-by-step tutorials at less than $1 each! Don't miss out! Check out the Create with Connie and Mary site for more information!
I couldn't resist the Clean & Simple sketch challenge today, CAS199, over on Splitcoaststampers! And, I'm pretty amazed that I did make it clean and simple! Would be easy to start your holiday cards now using this idea AND get them done in plenty of time to mail!
This little penguin in No Peeking has definitely captured my heart! In fact, the whole set is just absolutely darling!
Here are the details!
- The base card is 4 1/4 x 11 Baja Breeze folded in half.
- I layered on a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Whisper White.
- I cut a 3/4 x 5 1/4 piece of Silver Glimmer Paper and placed along the left side.
- I added a 1 1/4 x 4 piece of Snow Festival Designer Paper in the snowflake print horizontally across the front.
- I cut a 1 3/4" x 4 piece of Whisper White and placed the top in the back of the 2 1/2" Circle punch to round.
- I stamped the Penguin on scrap Whisper White in Black Stazon and Real Red, cut out the hat and scarf from the red and placed on the black.
- I did the nose in Pumpkin Pie the same way.
- I added a 1/4 x 1 3/4" of Silver Glimmer for the "ground" under the penguin's feet.
- The penguin and background are both popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals and placed on the front of the card on a diagonal.
- Finally, I stamped Merry Christmas from Petite Pairs in Real Red.
Although I cut the penguin out for dimension, you definitely wouldn't have it do that step. It would look just as nice stamped directly on the rounded piece!
Lots of stamping to do today…invitations for a Christmas party, a little gift for my Club members, some challenges and cards for my blog this week! Stop on back!
Only a couple more days to save
40% off Stampin' Up! Adhesives
during my special sale!
Funny how some things inspire you to create! I saw an igloo when I was thinking about different shaped cards and came up with this using Stampin' Up!'s No Peeking stamp set! And, it's a normal sized card, so no extra postage required!
So, I know I'm going to get questions about the details…here you go!
- The larger part of the igloo is 4 1/4 x 4 1/4, the fold is on the left side. I used a lid and cut the top on a curve.
- The smaller part of the igloo is 2 1/2 x 2 1/2, cut twice. I used a smaller lid to cut the top into a curve on this one, too. One piece is added to the front, and the second is added to the back of the inside (see other picture).
- Cut a 1 1/2" x 2" piece of Basic Black cardstock, curve the top of it the same way and adhere over the smaller igloo piece, lining it up at the bottom.
- Use the Dazzling Details and draw around the edges on the front and draw ice "bricks" across the front. Let dry.
- Stamp the penguin from No Peeking in Black Stazon and Raspberry Ripple, cut out the hat and scarf from the Raspberry Ripple and layer over the black. (Before stamping, remove black ink from eyes and beak and use Marina Mist and Pumpkin Pie Markers). Pop up the penguin in front of the igloo with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp No Peeking in Black Stazon and color in the words with Raspberry Ripple Marker. Stamp the bird in Raspberry Ripple Ink, and color the scarf with Marina Mist Marker.
What I like is that this is also a gift card holder!
- Here you can see where the other small igloo fits in the back.
- Ignore the To/From greeting that is stamped crooked! It really isn't as bad as it looks in the photo! lol!
- I added a 2 x 4 piece of Snow Festival Designer Paper and adhered only the bottom and sides to form a pocket on the inside that holds a gift card!
Isn't it fun? I loved how it turned out! And…I will fix that To/From! lol!
Don't forget! Only a couple more days to save
40% off Stampin' Up! Adhesives during my special sale!
I used the stamp set, No Peeking, this week over on Card "Create"tions Holiday/Winter Edition! I really had a lot of fun with this little set! I made up a matching favor for everyone to see…combine the set of 3 cards our subscribers have access to, along with this little favor and you have a class ready to go! I liked my little favor so much, my Club Members may get to make it this month!
Here are the details!
- Cut two of the smaller tags on the Two Tags die from Cherry Cobbler cardstock.
- Score 3/4" from the bottom on both tags.
- Adhere the two tags together with Sticky Strip on the scored flaps.
- Cut a 1 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece of Snow Festival Designer Paper, score with long side at top at 1/2, 1 1/4, 3, 3 3/4.
- Adhere the 1/2" tab to the back side, adhere the designer paper around the bottom edge of the scored lines to make a "box".
- Punch the 1 1/4 Scallop Circle thru the top of the tags for the handles.
- Tie a Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon around the handles to keep closed.
- Decorate the front by stamping No Peeking in Black Stazon on scrap Whisper White, color with Gumball Green Marker, punch with the Scallop Oval Punch.
- Add a Rhinestone Jewel for the dot above the I.
- Ink penguin with Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green, Basic Black, Marina Mist and Pumpkin Pie markers, stamp on scrap Whisper White, cut out.
- Tuck the penguin behind the greeting "peeking" out over the edge.
Isn't it cute? I love how it turned out! It's not too late to join our Card "Create"tions Holiday/Winter Edition! We'd love to have you join us!
- 3 week mini-edition that is only cards
- These cards are EXCLUSIVE to our subscription and won't be shown anywhere else.
- Each designer will choose a holiday or winter set each week and make 3 different cards using that one set.
- Total of 45 unique card ideas from 15 different sets.
- Each card set includes a printable supply list with card measurements and photos.
- Perfect for your classes and stamp camps or to make for your own holiday cards!
AND…as a bonus on Saturday, each designer will be sharing a little 3D favor that matches the holiday or winter set they chose that week. We will be sharing this favor on our personal blogs, too, but you can easily tie it into your class offering!
AND…who are our designers? Your favorites are on board!
- Elizabeth Price
- Debbie Henderson
- Deb Currier
- Connie Babbert
- Mary Brown
So…check out the preview below and sign up today! The Create with Connie and Mary Card "Create"tions mini session runs October 28th thru November 16th!
Create with Connie and Mary
Holiday Card "Create"tions
We now use Fastwagon for our processing, you should immediately receive a Digital Order email with a link to a downloadable Welcome letter with your passwords! Thank you!
It's time for another Stampin' Up! Only Challenges! This time we needed to use "Animals" on our card. Well, narrowing it down was more difficult that I thought it would be! Finally I settled on a new set I haven't used, No Peeking stamp set, and the cutest little penguin in it! I hope you can see the glimmer on here!
I used lots of different designs in the Snow Festival Designer Paper package! The different patterns coordinate so well together!
- The base of the card is Naturals White cardstock.
- I cut a piece of Snow Festival striped Designer Paper and layered it on Cherry Cobbler cardstock.
- I wrapped the Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon around and tied a pretty bow.
- Along the right side, I added some Silver Glimmer Paper.
- I used the Hearts Framelits and cut two different patterns of Snow Festival DSP and layered them on top of each other.
- I stamped the Penguin from No Peeking with Black Stazon on Whisper White and cut him out. He is popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals on the smaller heart. I punched a little "owl" eye from Silver Glimmer Paper for the pom-pom on top of his hat!
- I inked the greeting from the same set with Cherry Cobbler, then colored the wreath with Gumball Green and stamped on Whisper White. I cut the "flag" end with Paper Snips.
Make sure to check out what the rest of the SUO Challenges Design Team did this week. Then grab your stamps and play along! I'm sure you have some type of animal stamp you can use!