Posts Tagged ‘penguin’
I have to admit…Snow Place (and the coordinating Snow Friends Framelits) was the VERY FIRST stamp bundle on my order. I use either snowmen or snowflakes on my Christmas Cards every year and this set is just TOO cute! I even told Mary that I had “dibs” on using it for my Create with Connie and Mary project (coming in November!)
And speaking of Create with Connie and Mary…we are now taking signups for the OCTOBER Mini Session! It is filled with fun Fall and Christmas projects and card ideas that you won’t want to miss! Here is a little sneak peek and a list of the stamp sets we used this month! You get 5 project tutorials PLUS a Bonus Card Set…all for only $8.95 US!
- Holly Jolly Greetings
- Vintage Leaves
- Your Presents
- Happy Scenes
- Thankful Forest Friends
- BONUS: Reason for the Season
Sign up today over on Create with Connie and Mary!
But getting back to my card! This is the card I did for my Control Freaks Christmas Card Swap last month! And, believe it or not, I didn’t use the snowman image because the penguin is just as cute!
The details for recreating this card:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Real Red, folded in half.
- The 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White is embossed with Softly Falling Embossing Folder.
- A 1/2 x 5 strip of Merry Moments Designer Paper was place across the front.
- A 3-1/2 x 3 piece of Smoky Slate cardstock was cut at an angle along the bottom and some Whisper White added for the iceberg.
- The Penguin was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Crushed Curry marker on the beak and feet, then cut with the Snow Friends Framelits. The tie was stamped with Real Red and cut with the Framelits, too.
- The Candy Cane was stamped with Real Red and used as the sign post.
- Time to Chill was stamped with Tuxedo Black on Real Red and punched with the Washi Tape Punch, then added to the sign post with a Mini Brad.
Isn’t that a FUN card? I really loved how it turned out! Hope my fellow Control Freak Swappers enjoyed it, too!
I absolutely love the Snow Place stamp set…of course, it has snowmen in it. However, the little penguin has REALLY captured my heart this time! I made this card for the Grand Vacation Achiever’s Swap…I think it turned out SO cute! But…scroll down to see a glimpse of what else I made with this set!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Real Red, folded in half.
- On the 3-3/4 x 5 Smoky Slate, the top was embossed with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder.
- A 3 x 4 panel of Whisper White was cut and a 1 x 4 strip of Merry Moments Designer Paper adhered along the left side. The corners were rounded with the Project Life Corner Rounder. (This little panel would also fit in one of the 3×4 Project Life pockets!)
- A 1/4 strip of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper hides the seam of the DSP.
- The penguin from Snow Place is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on the right side. The earmuffs were stamped with Real Red and the bow tie with Old Olive on scrap Whisper White, then cut with the Snow Friends Framelits.
- The beak and feet were colored with a Crushed Curry Stampin’ Write Marker.
- The Time to Chill greeting from Snow Place was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on Real Red, then punched with the Washi Tape Punch. It is adhered on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A Rhinestone Jewel in the bow tie just finished it off nicely!
Isn’t that darling??? Like I said…that penguin is getting to be my favorite!
Both Mary and I have created a REMAKE of a couple of the Halloween projects with CHRISTMAS stamp sets! Yep! You really are getting a BONUS of two more tutorials. Below is a SNEAK PEEK of the project that I did from Debbie Henderson’s darling Halloween tutorial!
- Sweet Hauntings
- Cheer All Year
- Howl-o-ween Treats (or I used Snow Place!)
- Haunt Ya Later (Mary used Jolly Christmas!)
- Lighthearted Leaves
- BONUS: Acorny Thank You
Now is a GREAT time to subscribe for only $8.95 US…yes, for all SIX (really EIGHT!) tutorials! Check out Create with Connie and Mary for all the information on how to sign up!
Only a couple more days to save
40% off Stampin' Up! Adhesives
during my special sale!
Funny how some things inspire you to create! I saw an igloo when I was thinking about different shaped cards and came up with this using Stampin' Up!'s No Peeking stamp set! And, it's a normal sized card, so no extra postage required!
So, I know I'm going to get questions about the details…here you go!
- The larger part of the igloo is 4 1/4 x 4 1/4, the fold is on the left side. I used a lid and cut the top on a curve.
- The smaller part of the igloo is 2 1/2 x 2 1/2, cut twice. I used a smaller lid to cut the top into a curve on this one, too. One piece is added to the front, and the second is added to the back of the inside (see other picture).
- Cut a 1 1/2" x 2" piece of Basic Black cardstock, curve the top of it the same way and adhere over the smaller igloo piece, lining it up at the bottom.
- Use the Dazzling Details and draw around the edges on the front and draw ice "bricks" across the front. Let dry.
- Stamp the penguin from No Peeking in Black Stazon and Raspberry Ripple, cut out the hat and scarf from the Raspberry Ripple and layer over the black. (Before stamping, remove black ink from eyes and beak and use Marina Mist and Pumpkin Pie Markers). Pop up the penguin in front of the igloo with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp No Peeking in Black Stazon and color in the words with Raspberry Ripple Marker. Stamp the bird in Raspberry Ripple Ink, and color the scarf with Marina Mist Marker.
What I like is that this is also a gift card holder!
- Here you can see where the other small igloo fits in the back.
- Ignore the To/From greeting that is stamped crooked! It really isn't as bad as it looks in the photo! lol!
- I added a 2 x 4 piece of Snow Festival Designer Paper and adhered only the bottom and sides to form a pocket on the inside that holds a gift card!
Isn't it fun? I loved how it turned out! And…I will fix that To/From! lol!
Don't forget! Only a couple more days to save
40% off Stampin' Up! Adhesives during my special sale!