Posts Tagged ‘Petal Potpourri’
Another sketch challenge for you to try this week over on Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenges! Love the details along the left side!
Here’s my card, I love the BOLD colors I took from the Stacked with Love Designer Paper Stack!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Real Red, folded in half.
- On top of the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, four 1 x 1-1/2 rectangles of different black and white patterns from Stacked with Love were added. A 1/2 x 4 strip of the Real Red pattern hides the seams.
- The solid flower in Petal Potpourri was stamped with Real Red and punched with the Flower Medallion punch, then popped up on the Basic Black puncnhed flower with Stampin’ Dimensionals, and added to the front with more Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The sketched flower was stamped with Garden Green and punched with the Flower Medallion punch, then “leaves” cut from the petals and placed under the Real Red flower.
- In the center is a 1/2″ Circle Punch with one of the Itty Bitty Accents Epoxy Stickers over top! (I love the shiny look of this…it was the first time I used one!)
- Good Wishes from Amazing Lovely You was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on the bottom right.
This is one of my favorite cards…I think it is the boldness of the Red/Black/White combination! Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team cards this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Sets: Petal Potpourri, Amazing Lovely You
Inks: Real Red, Garden Green, Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Real Red, Whisper White, Basic Black
Accessories: Stacked with Love Paper Stack, Itty Bitty Accents Epoxy Stickers, Flower Medallion Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Last time we had some issues with the website for SUO Challenges, so if you tried to view it, you may not have been able while it was off-line. But, it’s time for another SUO Challenge, this time our theme is Mother’s Day! Very timely as I need several for my Mother, Mother-in-law, and two Daughter-in-laws, one who will experience Mother’s Day for the first time! I pulled out my two favorite flower sets in the Occasions Catalog, Petal Potpourri and Mother’s Love!
I have always loved yellow, white and gray combination…one day I will do our bedroom in these colors! So clean and crisp looking! I also pulled out my embossing gun! I love the look of embossing, but I don’t use it as often as I should. White embossed on the yellow just pops! Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Daffodil Delight, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Smoky Slate, stamped with the mom greeting in Mother’s Love in Tuxedo Black ink.
- The Petal Potpourri flower was stamped three times with Versamark on Daffodil Delight and embossed with White Embossing Powder, then punched with the Flower Medallion Punch.
- One of the other Petal Potpourri flowers was stamped with Versamark and embossed with White Embossing Powder on Smoky Slate cardstock, then punched with the Flower Medallion Punch, too. It was cut up and used as leaves.
- The flowers and leaves were arranged on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
OK…did I say I love this color combination? Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team over on SUO Challenges this week and play along!
I promised I’d share the directions on how to make the box I did for the Control Freaks Blog Hop this month! We aren’t permitted to have extra “links” the first couple days of the tour so people don’t get off track on the tour. But, finally I can share! Here you go!
Set: Petal Potpourri
Inks: Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe (retiring), Pistachio Pudding (retiring), Gold Metallic (retiring)
Cardstock: Crisp Cantaloupe (retiring), Garden Green, Whisper White
Accessories: Gold Soiree DSP (retiring), 1/8″ Gold Metallic Ribbon, Party Pennants Die (retiring), Flower Medallion Punch, 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch, 1/2″ Circle Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Cello bag, White Stripe Ribbon, Pompom Trim
Well, I love Petal Potpourri and decided to use it for my projects this month! I made a little favor box and card to match! Here’s the card:
OK…next stop is Justin Krieger and his fabulous projects, then continue around on the tour!
Woohoo!!! We are just getting started over on Create with Connie and Mary Card “Create”tions Celebrations edition! It’s all about CARDS! We know so many of you LOVE these editions! We will use 18 different sets in the Annual and Occasions Catalogs and feature 4 cards in a set using them! That’s over 72 card ideas…for only $19.95 US! Kick off the end of the Stampin’ Up! year with these ideas for your classes and stamp camps (but, of course, you don’t need to be a demo to join!) See more details over on Create with Connie and Mary!
I used Petal Potpourri for my FREE TUTORIAL during Preview Week…see it over here on Create with Connie and Mary if you missed it. I had also made this card first at the same time, but it didn’t fit the direction I went using Gold Soiree DSP and the Party Pennants Die. I still really like it, though…great workshop card! I like how the lighter shade of Crisp Cantaloupe in the background almost looks like it is under vellum!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Garden Green, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 Whisper White layer, the Petal Potpourri flower image was stamped three times with Crisp Cantaloupe Ink. The centers were stamped with Gold Metallic Ink.
- The greeting from Because You Care Hostess set was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on the right side.
- On scrap Whisper White, the flower was stamped again with Calypso Coral Ink and Garden Green Ink and both punched with the Flower Medallion Punch. The leaves were made by cutting the petals into pairs.
- Calypso Coral was punched with the Flower Medallion Punch for behind the inked flower.
- The center was stamped with Gold Metallic Ink on Whisper White and punched with the 1/2″ Circle Punch.
- Everything was put together with Stampin’ Dimensionals and added to the front.
Love it! I think I’ll make some more in different colors for my mom for Mother’s Day! She’ll like that!
You’ve probably just come from Deb Currier’s blog…wasn’t her card beautiful! So, take the Blog Hop today to see a glimpse at the card sets our Design team will be doing. But, first…check out my Petal Potpourri Card Set AND leave a comment HERE on my blog for a chance to win a FREE subscription to our Celebrations session!
Don’t you just LOVE these colors? So springy (and I’m SO ready!) Of course, it is April and they are talking about SNOW showers around here this weekend again! Please…no! But, making these made me feel better! I paired the Petal Potpourri stamp set with the Because You Care Hostess set and Party Pennants Bigz Die!
Here’s a closeup of one of them:
So…don’t forget to leave a COMMENT here for a chance to win Blog Candy…a free subscription! And, the next stop is our Create with Connie and Mary website so you can download my FREE TUTORIAL, and continue on around the Blog Hop!
It’s Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary challenge! It’s a pretty color combination this time! Makes me think of flowers and spring! Yesterday actually seemed “balmy” and the high was only in the low 20s! But after the freezing sub zero weather we’ve had it felt pretty good!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Rose Red, folded in half.
- Blackberry Bliss layer was cut 3 3/4 x 5.
- On the 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 layer of Whisper White, the medallion strip in Because You Care Hostess set was stamped across the bottom and right side with Blushing Bride Ink.
- Happy Birthday from the same stamp set was stamped with Blackberry Bliss Ink.
- The Petal Potpourri doily flower was stamped with Blackberry Bliss Ink on Rose Red cardstock and punched with the Flower Medallion punch. It was stamped again with Blackberry Bliss Ink on Blushing Bride, then punched with the 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch and placed in the center of the flower with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The flower was placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals and rhinestone added to the center, plus some around the greeting.
- Finally, a scrap of Blushing Bride Chevron Ribbon was cut with flag ends, then folded in half and adhered under the flower.
I think it really is a pretty card in person! I like how the center of the flower almost looks like a Spirograph (anyone else used to have one of those?) Make sure to stop over on Create with Connie and Mary to see what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week! Then grab your stamps and play along! Don’t forget…we also have a call for new Challenge Team members out…last day to apply is Saturday!
We are just finishing up our Create with Connie and Mary Spring Collection 2015! We did four weeks of 3d projects for home decor and gift giving and several card sets! It’s not too late to join and you won’t miss anything…you can refer back to the projects 24/7 for up to a year! For only $29.95 US, you’ll get over 24 project ideas not shown ANYWHERE else! So, stop by Create with Connie and Mary and sign up!
I did a really different “artistic” type project this week for our subscribers that was a lot of fun and EASY! I’ll definitely be making more! I used the stamp set, Petal Potpourri with the coordinating punch, Flower Medallion, on my project. So, here’s a coordinating card!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Coastal Cabana, folded in half.
- On a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, “You Made my Day” from the Sale-A-Bration set, Best Day Ever, was stamped with Coastal Cabana Ink in the lower right corner.
- Two triangles were stamped next to the greeting with Crushed Curry Ink.
- Best Year Ever Designer Paper was cut 2-3/4 x 3 and added to the Whisper White.
- The Petal Potpourri flower was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on a coordinating pattern in Best Year Ever DSP and punched with the Flower Medallion Punch, then popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals on the front of the card.
- The center was stamped with Crushed Curry and punched with the 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch, then adhered with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Finally, the Simply Pressed Clay was molded in the Buttons & Blossoms Mold, dried, and then colored with the Calypso Coral Marker and added to the center of the flower with Mini Glue Dots. I love the rubbery feel of the clay!
OK…so now continue on around the Create with Connie and Mary Spring Collection 2015 Design Team blogs to see their cards and what sets they used this week on their projects! Next up is Mary Brown!
This is my SECOND post today! Make sure to check out my Day 3 PREVIEW card here!
The theme this week on SUO Challenges is Dots, Dots, Dots…anything using Dots as a focus! Well, there are TONS of dots in the Stampin’ Up! catalogs! Your choice of Designer Papers, Embossing Folders, Large or Small Dots, Stencils, Stamps…the list goes on! I did a card using a technique that I’ve been wanting to try for a while…pretty simple, but I think it turned out FUN!
I think I’m a little obsessed with this Petal Potpourri stamp set right now from the Occasions Catalog. I’ve used it on several recent cards and projects. But, of course, it is a floral set and I do tend to get obsessed with them! I love that it has a matching punch! The background was done by embossing the White layer with the Large Polka Dots Folder, then adding 3/4″ punched circles of Neutral Backgrounds Designer Paper Stack! It’s hard to see, but the DSP is adhered on the raised dots! VERY cool look in real life! Only tip…make sure your embossing is straight and centered! lol! Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Sahara Sand, folded in half.
- The 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White is embossed with the Large Polka Dots Embossing Folder.
- I punched many 3/4″ circles from the Basic Black polka dots pattern in the Neutrals Backgrounds DSP Stack and adhered them over the embossed circles.
- I cut a 2 x 4 piece of Sahara Sand and stamped Happy Birthday with Tuxedo Black Ink at the bottom from the Big Day Stamp Set…one of the FREE Sale-a-bration sets! Then I cut the flag end.
- I added 1 1/2 x 1 piece of Hello Honey cardstock under the pennant, cutting the flag end the same.
- The Petal Potpourri flower image was stamped with Hello Honey on Whisper White, then punched with the Flower Medallion Punch and added to the banner with a Stampin’ Dimensional. I punched another 3/4″ Circle of Black Polka Dots for the center and popped it up with a Dimensional, too.
- Finally, I colored the Rhinestone with Daffodil Delight Blendabilities (darkest color) and added it to the center circle.
Even my husband commented how striking it was! I always love yellow and black together! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did over on SUO Challenges!
Every year I try to decorate my paper calendar that sits on my desk. Although I keep a lot of appts on my phone, my desk calendar is my BIBLE…reminders and dates, birthdays, etc., all get placed in this master calendar. So, I want it to look pretty, right? And…flowers are my favorite things to stamp…so how could I resist using the new Petal Potpourri stamp set to decorate my calendar? And, I needed a matching birthday card, right?
Stamps: Petal Potpourri Stamp Set
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Basic Black
Inks: Crushed Curry, Tangelo Twist, Bermuda Bay, Mossy Meadow
Accessories: Birthday Bash Designer Paper, Flower Medallion Punch, 7/8 Scallop Circle Punch, Petite Petals Punch, Itty Bitty Accents Punch, Hello Honey Ribbon, Rhinestones, Label Framelits, Perfect Print Numbers Bigz Dies, White Chalk Pen
Here’s a closeup of the card, too! This is fun because the greeting is from the Sale-A-Bration set, Big Day, and I embossed it with White Embossing Powder on Basic Black, then used my Blendabilities Markers (Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay and Pumpkin Pie) to color over the White Embossing. I love that look! I also drew around the edges with the White Chalk Pen. The flowers are the same as I used on the calendar, but I used the little center circle image for the background with Bermuda Bay ink on the Bermuda Bay cardstock!
Stamps: Big Day, Petal Potpourri
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Basic Black, Crushed Curry
Inks: Crushed Curry, Tangelo Twist, Mossy Meadow, White Craft
Blendabilities: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Coastal Cabana
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Label Framelits, Flower Medallion Punch, 7/8 Scallop Circle Punch, Petite Petals Punch, Itty Bitty Accents Punch, Birthday Bash Designer Paper, Rhinestones, White Chalk Pen
OK…aren’t those wonderful ideas and a great glimpse of the new Occasions and Sale-A-Bration catalogs? I think so. Now, go check out the rest of the Control Freak Swappers on the Tour de Freaks blog hop! Next up is Melissa Davies...another of my favorites!