Posts Tagged ‘Sale A Bration’
Hello all! Happy St. Patrick’s Day! First…can I get you to say a little prayer for my son…he’s having surgery today due to a sports injury…and will be laid up for about 4-5 weeks! With a 17 month old and a new baby on the way, things will be crazy, I’m sure! I’ll be helping out as much as I can.
But, it’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! It’s a pretty color combination and, of course, perfect for flowers, so that’s the direction I went! Some really awesome cards this week from our Challenge Team, so make sure to check them out over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Here’s my card. I don’t know why, but I feel like my Watermelon Wonder Ink is more red than dark pink! Oh well!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White, folded in half.
- On the 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White, I started by stamping the flourish in Timeless Textures twice with Soft Suede Ink. Then I added leaves from What I Love (a FREE SAB set) with Mossy Meadow Ink, and some splatters in Timeless Textures with Watermelon Wonder Ink. This layer is added to the base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The full inside image of the flower is stamped twice with Watermelon Wonder Ink on scrap Whisper White, then Soft Suede added with the outline image, they were hand-cut out and placed over the background images with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Several small pearls were added in a cluster for each flower.
- Thank You from What I Love was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink close to the images.
That’s it! A CAS design! I love it!
It’s not too late to join us! We just opened the March 2016 MINI SESSION and it is only $8.95 US with a projects using stamp sets from the Occasions Catalog!
* Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
Sign up for both March and April and we have a FUN Bonus project for you designed by Mary Brown! Head over to Create with Connie and Mary to sign up now!
Have you signed up yet? We just opened our Create with Connie and Mary January Mini Session this week! 5 great project and card set ideas for only $8.95 US. OR…sign up for January & February Mini Sessions and get a FREE Bonus Valentine 3D Project using Balloon Builder Punch and Bloomin’ Love Stamp Set! Check out below for more details!
And, it’s Thursday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary weekly challenge! It’s a sketch challenge this week. Grab your stamps and play along!
I went for a CAS masculine card for mine this week! For some reason I never have enough masculine cards!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Basic Gray cardstock, folded in half.
- On top is a 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock, stamped with You Send Me Soaring in the upper right corner.
- A 2-1/4 x 5-1/2 strip of Going Places Designer Paper is placed across the front.
- A 1/4 x 5-1/2 strip of Silver Glimmer Paper was added at the bottom of the DSP.
- The plane from Sky is the Limit is stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock and hand-cut. It is placed on a 2-1/2 punched circle of Basic Black, and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
See…very clean and simple design! OK…make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team to see what they have done with the sketch challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Do you want even MORE details on using Occasions and Sale-A-Bration stamps and supplies?
Our JANUARY 2016 MINI SESSION just opened with projects using stamp sets from the new Occasions Catalog and Sale-A-Bration brochures! Get some great ideas for your January, February and Spring classes! You are going to LOVE these! PLUS check out the VALENTINE SPECIAL BONUS below!
Sets we are using for the January session, opening January 11th:
- Flowering Fields
- Botanical Blooms
- Apple of My Eye
- First Sight
- Beautiful Ride
VALENTINE BONUS PROJECT: Purchase both the January and February Mini Sessions together for $17.90 US and get this BONUS VALENTINE project immediately using the Balloon Builder Punch and Bloomin’ Love Stamp Set, perfect gift for your hostesses or friends!
Sets we will be using for the February Mini Session, opening February 11th:
- What I Love
- Easter Lamb
- Balloon Celebration
- Party Wishes
- Pyramid Pals
plus BONUS VALENTINE project
Sign up at Create with Connie and Mary!
It’s time for another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! It’s a beautiful color challenge that we are sure you will like! Come play along!
I used the Sale-A-Bration set, Flowering Fields, for my card:
Here are the details to create it:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Bermuda Bay cardstock.
- A 2-3/4 x 4 piece of Wildflower Fields Designer Paper (another SAB selection) was layered onto a 3 x 4 piece of Blackberry Bliss cardstock and placed on the front.
- A 1/8 X 4 strip of Pear Pizzazz cardstock was adhered across the top portion of the DSP.
- The same size Lots of Label Framelits was cut from Whisper White and Blackberry Bliss. The Blackberry Bliss one was adhered to the front as shown.
- On the Whisper White, the Flowering Fields flower image and butterfly were stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink, then watercolored with Blackberry Bliss, Pear Pizzazz and Bermuda Bay Markers and AquaPainter. Before adding it to the front, two 3/4″ Circles were punched from Pear Pizzazz cardstock and adhered behind the Whisper White label, along with Silver thread wrapped in a circle several times and adhered. The label was popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally, Celebrate You from Suite Sayings stamp set was stamped in the lower right corner with Tuxedo Black Ink.
OK….make sure to check out what the rest of the challenge team did this week with the color challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! And make sure to check out our January Mini Session that will be starting soon! Here’s a sneak peek of what we will be doing this month. AND, we have a special VALENTINE BONUS PROJECT offer, too! See details over there!
We did the Create with Connie and Mary Design Team Blog Hop on Saturday. While I had this set out, I made another card using the cute little light bulb and the sunburst from Kinda Eclectic.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Whisper White, folded in half.
- Next is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crushed Curry cardstock.
- On top is a 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Back to Black Designer Paper.
- The 2 x 3-1/2 layer of Smoky Slate was punched with the Heart Border Punch across the top, then a 1/2 x 2 strip of Crushed Curry put behind the hearts to show thru the openings. It was placed diagonally on the front of the card.
- The sunburst was stamped partially on the 2-1/4 x 2-1/4 Whisper White panel with Crushed Curry ink and adhered over the Smoky Slate layer.
- The light bulb from You Brighten My Day was stamped on scrap Whisper White, colored with Crushed Curry Marker and punched with the 1-1/4″ Circle Punch, then layered on a 1-3/8″ Circle of Basic Black. It was placed on the front with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- You Brighten My Day was stamped with Tuxedo Black above the sunburst.
So fun and whimsical, isn’t it?
Did you see our new look? We are getting ready to start our Create with Connie and Mary Card “Create”tions Celebrations later this month! We will be doing three weeks of NOTHING but CARDS! Every day (Sun-Fri) we will feature stamp sets in the Annual, Occasions and Online Catalogs and make four different cards using it! On Saturday, we’ll continue our weekly Blog Hop for everyone to enjoy! Join now so you don’t miss anything…plus you can refer back to the projects 24/7 for up to a year! For only $19.95 US, you’ll get over 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas not shown ANYWHERE else! Stop by Create with Connie and Mary today and sign up!
So here is my card for this week’s blog hop! I combined the “sunburst” from Kinda Eclectic behind the light bulb. I think this light bulb is a great image for so many different type cards!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crushed Curry folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, the “sunburst” from Kinda Eclectic was stamped with Crushed Curry Ink towards the top left side, and You Brighten My Day greeting was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink.
- Two 1/2 x 5 strips of Stacked with Love Designer Paper were cut with staggered flag ends and placed towards the bottom.
- A tiny 1/8″ x 5-1/4 strip of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper was placed over the seam.
- The light bulb was stamped on scrap Whisper White with Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Crushed Curry Marker. It was punched with the 1-1/4″ Circle Punch and layered on 1-3/8″ Basic Black punched circle. It was popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals on the front of the card inside the “sunburst”.
- Finally, the Best Year Ever accessory button was tied with White Bakers Twine and placed on the front with Mini Glue Dots!
OK…next up is Mary Brown…you KNOW I love her work! Have fun taking the blog hop!
I have a couple projects using the Best Year Ever Designer Paper and Simply Wonderful Stamp Set. Both are available FREE with a $50 purchase during Sale-A-Bration!
Isn’t that row of tulips cut from the Best Year Ever Designer Paper fun? Here’s a closeup of the card. I used the Chevron Folder on the Chocolate Chip cardstock for the ground and the Designer Paper in the background. I fussy cut (cut by hand) the tulips from another pattern in the DSP (thanks Nicole Tugrul for the idea!) and popped them up with Stampin’ Dimensionals. To a great friend from Simply Wonderful was stamped with Chocolate Chip ink.
And I made a little treat that matches. The top was cut with the Labels Framelit. The base is 3 x 8 1/2, scored at 3 and the sides sealed to make a pocket. I colored the pearls at the top with Calypso Coral and Daffodil Delight Blendabilities.
OK…continue on around the Tour de Freaks by visiting Wendy Weixler’s blog…her ideas are fantastic as usual!
WOOHOO! Over on Create with Connie and Mary Spring Collection 2015 we are showing off the sets we used this past week with a BLOG HOP!!! Come take the tour and see what the designers have come up with. (Of course, you can only see the actual 3D projects if you are a subscriber!) You probably have just come from Deb Currier’s blog…love her card, don’t you? Before you take the tour, here is some information about our Spring Collection 2015 session:
We are just finishing up Week 1 on our Create with Connie and Mary Spring Collection 2015! We are doing four weeks of 3d projects for home decor and gift giving and several card sets! It’s not too late to join and you won’t miss anything…you can refer back to the projects 24/7 for up to a year! For only $29.95 US, you’ll get over 24 project ideas not shown ANYWHERE else! So, stop by Create with Connie and Mary and sign up!
I used Stampin’ Up!’s stamp set, Lotus Blossom, for my card this week since I used it on my pretty (if I must say so myself) home decor project that subscribers saw on Thursday!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Coastal Cabana folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Best Year Ever Designer Paper.
- The 3 x 4-1/4 layer of Sahara Sand has been embossed with the Spring Flowers folder and the corners were rounded. A 2″ Circle was punched out of the center.
- On a 2-3/4 x 2-3/4 piece of Whisper White, the Lotus Blossom flower was stamped with Crushed Curry, then stamped off with Calypso Coral for the second layer and full-strength Calypso Coral for the final image. It was adhered behind the open circle.
- A 1/2 x 3-3/4 piece of Chocolate Chip was rounded and placed under the left side. Then the entire piece was placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Bow Builder punch was used to make the Coastal Cabana bow, and the Thank You greeting was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on one of the tails.
- A Calypso Coral Best Year Ever Accessory Button was tied with White Bakers Twine, then added to the center of the bow.
OK…so now continue on around the Create with Connie and Mary Spring Collection 2015 Design Team blogs to see their cards and what sets they used this week on their projects! Next up is Mary Brown!
Today is DAY ONE of PREVIEW WEEK over on Create with Connie and Mary! We will be starting our Spring Collection 2015 next week and can’t wait to get started! Our design team is busy getting their projects done using both the Occasions and Sale-A-Bration catalogs. Today we are introducing one of our Guest Designers! So happy to have this talented lady on board! Make sure you go over to Create with Connie and Mary and see who she is and check back every day for more surprises and giveaways! And…while you are there, don’t forget to get signed up during our Early Bird Special, it ends on Saturday! Save $5 off the regular $29.95 price and get over 24 project tutorials…at $24.95 that’s $1 each! What a deal!
I love the cards I’ve seen made with the Lotus Blossom Stamp Set…one of the FREE Sale-A-Bration products when you purchase $50 of Stampin’ Up! products right now. However, when I was working with it for one of my Create projects, I saw the red blossoms turned upside down on my desk. I thought they looked like strawberries. So…I added a few black dots and changed the bottom of the flower to green!!! Voila! Strawberries!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Whisper White folded in half.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 Hello Honey cardstock was embossed with the Delicate Dots folder.
- A 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 strip of the striped pattern in Painted Blooms Designer Paper was placed along the left side.
- I punched two Flower Medallion flowers from Mossy Meadow cardstock and cut them up into leaves.
- I used the Petite Flower Punch with Whisper White cardstock to make the flowers and added 1/4″ Circles of Hello Honey cardstock inside.
- The Lotus Blossoms were stamped off with Real Red, full strength Real Red, then Cherry Cobbler on top. Then I stamped them again with Pistachio Pudding, Wild Wasabi and Mossy Meadow, cut off the bottom of the blossoms for the top of the strawberries. I used a Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker to make the seeds.
- Finally, I stamped Thank You from Lotus Blossom Stamp set with Tuxedo Black ink on a 3/4″ strip of Whisper White, cut a flag end and added it under the leaves.
So…what do you think? Do YOU see strawberries???
Don’t forget it’s PREVIEW WEEK over on Create with Connie and Mary! We’re giving away FREE Subscriptions, FREE tutorials and introducing our Design Team this week! Check us out EVERY day!
Every year I try to decorate my paper calendar that sits on my desk. Although I keep a lot of appts on my phone, my desk calendar is my BIBLE…reminders and dates, birthdays, etc., all get placed in this master calendar. So, I want it to look pretty, right? And…flowers are my favorite things to stamp…so how could I resist using the new Petal Potpourri stamp set to decorate my calendar? And, I needed a matching birthday card, right?
Stamps: Petal Potpourri Stamp Set
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Basic Black
Inks: Crushed Curry, Tangelo Twist, Bermuda Bay, Mossy Meadow
Accessories: Birthday Bash Designer Paper, Flower Medallion Punch, 7/8 Scallop Circle Punch, Petite Petals Punch, Itty Bitty Accents Punch, Hello Honey Ribbon, Rhinestones, Label Framelits, Perfect Print Numbers Bigz Dies, White Chalk Pen
Here’s a closeup of the card, too! This is fun because the greeting is from the Sale-A-Bration set, Big Day, and I embossed it with White Embossing Powder on Basic Black, then used my Blendabilities Markers (Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay and Pumpkin Pie) to color over the White Embossing. I love that look! I also drew around the edges with the White Chalk Pen. The flowers are the same as I used on the calendar, but I used the little center circle image for the background with Bermuda Bay ink on the Bermuda Bay cardstock!
Stamps: Big Day, Petal Potpourri
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Basic Black, Crushed Curry
Inks: Crushed Curry, Tangelo Twist, Mossy Meadow, White Craft
Blendabilities: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Coastal Cabana
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Label Framelits, Flower Medallion Punch, 7/8 Scallop Circle Punch, Petite Petals Punch, Itty Bitty Accents Punch, Birthday Bash Designer Paper, Rhinestones, White Chalk Pen
OK…aren’t those wonderful ideas and a great glimpse of the new Occasions and Sale-A-Bration catalogs? I think so. Now, go check out the rest of the Control Freak Swappers on the Tour de Freaks blog hop! Next up is Melissa Davies...another of my favorites!
LAST CHANCE getting your
FREE Sale-A-Bration products!
Ends March 31, 2014!!!
For every $50 order get one of the SAB products FREE! For my workshops, I've been doing this card this past month. It shows off several of the Sale-A-Bration products…the Sweet Sorbet Designer Paper, Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack (twine) and the Delicate Dots Embossing Folder. I combined it with the Petite Petals Bundle of stamp set and punch!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Crisp Cantaloupe folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Pool Party cardstock.
- On the 3 3/7 x 5 layer of Whisper White, I embossed with the Delicate Dots folder.
- I added a 1 1/2 x 5 pennant and 1 x 4 1/2 pennant of Sweet Sorbet Designer Paper, cut with a flag end.
- On the Oval Framelit, I stamped the greeting from Yippee Skippee with Black Stazon.
- I also stamped three Petite Petals flowers with Pool Party ink and punched out with the coordinating punch. I punched two flowers from Pistachio Pudding cardstock and cut them for leaves, then arranged on the oval.
- In the centers, I used the Bitty Punches and Summer Starfruit cardstock, with a small pearl in the center.
- The Oval was popped up on the front.
- As a final touch, I tied a bow of Pool Party Twine from the Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack and added it to the front with a Mini Glue dot!
I explained that if they purchased the Petite Petals Bundle (#134822, clear mount), the Oval Framelits (#129381), and a package of Pearls (#119247), they could get either the Sweet Sorbet DSP (133521) or the Delicate Dots Folder (133520) FREE with Sale-a-Bration and substitute the other items and colors! I had several take advantage of it!!! Yippee Skippee add on, too. Order yours today!!!
* Over 72 EXCLUSIVE cards featuring 18 stamp sets!
* Edition runs March 30 – April 19
* Printable supply lists, directions & measurements
* 24/7 access
* Perfect for classes or personal cards!
* Designers Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson, Deb Currier and Nicole Tugrul are joining us!
Create with Connie and Mary
Card “Create”tions Edition
Only $19.95 US
Sign up TODAY so you don't miss a thing!