Posts Tagged ‘Santa’s Sleigh’
It’s Thursday and time for another challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! I love the sketch challenges and this is a sketch I will (and have) use a lot! In fact, I used it for next week’s color challenge, too. But it looks totally different with another stamp set and DSP!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Cherry Cobbler cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake is embossed with the Holly Embossing Folder.
- A 2-1/4 x 4 piece of Warmth & Cheer DSP was cut into a flag shape on one edge and added to the front.
- A 1/4 x 4 strip of Cherry Cobbler cardstock was placed across the center of it.
- A 1-1/4 x 3-1/4 piece of coordinating Warmth & Cheer DSP was added to the bottom of a 3-1/4 x 4-1/4 piece of Whisper White. Some Gold Baker’s Twine is wrapped around three times to hide the seam.
- Peace from Holly Jolly Greetings was stamped with Cherry Cobbler above the DSP.
- The Reindeer from Santa’s Sleigh was stamped with Early Espresso on Crumb Cake and cut with the Framelits. The wreath was stamped with Garden Green on Whisper White and cut with the Framelits. The bow was stamped with Early Espresso on Cherry Cobbler and cut with the Framelits, then clear Wink Of Stella added on top.
- The wreath was cut and adhered behind the neck of the reindeer, and then it was popped up on the front of the card.
- Several stars from Santa’s Sleigh were stamped with Daffodil Delight in the background.
I love how festive this card looks! OK…stop over at Create with Connie and Mary to see what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week!
And check out our Create with Connie and Mary website where you can find out more about our brand new November 2016 Mini Session that just opened! PLUS…sign up for both the November and December Mini Sessions together and get a free HOLIDAY BONUS tutorial! We know you’ll be excited about that! Our December issue will be featuring the Occasions & SAB catalogs! WOOHOO!
- Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
- All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online.
- All FIVE projects are available once the monthly mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials).
- Mini Sessions open on the 11th of each month.
The theme this week on SUO Challenges is Fall Fun (SUOC160). One thing I like to do is get maximum benefit from my stamps. I had Santa’s Sleigh on my desk from another project and wondered how the tree would look colored for fall! I also got to use the fun Labeler Alphabet to personalize the words!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Crumb Cake, folded in half.
- On each side is 3/4 x 5-1/4 strip of Petals & Paisleys Designer Paper.
- In the center is a 3-1/2 x 5-1/4 piece of Whisper White stamped with the tree from Santa’s Sleigh with Memento Black Ink.
- I used a Blender Pen with Delightful Dijon and Cajun Craze Ink Pads (squeeze the top to collect the ink) and colored. The trunk was done with Chocolate Chip Ink Pad. Some “grassy” area was also added at the bottom to ground the image.
- The trio of pumpkins from Spooky Fun were stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White and colored with the Blender Pen and Pumpkin Pie Ink, then cut out and placed along the bottom of the tree.
- Happy Fall letters from Labeler Alphabet stamp set were individually stamped with Chocolate Chip Ink and cut out, then added across the top.
- Some Linen Thread was tied in a bow and added to the top of the tree.
So…what do you think? Did I succeed in using Santa’s Sleigh stamp set for a fall card? I think so! Make sure to check out the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team’s creations this week over on SUO Challenges, then grab your stamps and play along! Here are the products I used:
Really…I have been stamping…a lot!!! I’ve got several craft fairs coming up and classes…I just haven’t had time to photograph and blog what I’ve been doing! This week, I have several friends coming over for a “mini” retreat! Looking forward to devoting some time just to stamping with them. I want to get my Christmas cards done, but still have no idea what I’m doing!
This card was originally intended for my Christmas Card class last week, but then I realized that there was very little stamping on it! And…a couple of the other projects were Big Shot intensive also. So, I set this one aside and made up a different card using Santa’s Sleigh. I love the Gold Glimmer on top of Mint Macaron! REALLY pretty in person!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Mint Macaron, folded in half.
- On top the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White is embossed with the Pretty Paisleys Embossing Folder.
- The Merry Christmas Wishes greeting was stamped with Memento Black Ink towards the bottom of the oval.
- The sleigh base is cut from Mint Macaron and the filigree top from Gold Glimmer Paper with the Santa’s Sleigh Thinlets and adhered together, then placed on the front in the center of the embossed oval.
- The presents were stamped with Memento Black on scrap Whisper White, then watercolored with an AquaPainter and Cherry Cobbler, Mint Macaron, and Delightful Dijon Markers. They were adhered inside the sleigh.
- The stars were cut with the Santa’s Sleigh Thinlet from Gold Glimmer Paper and added randomly to the front.
Isn’t that pretty? I love all the sparkle! Want some more great ideas? Join our October 2016 Mini Session over on Create with Connie and Mary! The Create with Connie and Mary October Mini Session just opened and it features products from the Holiday Mini! It’s not too late to join!
* 3 card sets
* two 3D projects
* only $8.95 per month
Exclusive projects for SUBSCRIBERS only that will not be shown anywhere else!
AND…if you sign up for BOTH September and October you can still get the FREE bonus project…great for a fun class or to decorate your home!
So NOW is the time to join and get a head start on Christmas! Here’s a peek of the bonus project: