Posts Tagged ‘Seasonal Sayings’
I love this greeting in Seasonal Sayings from the Holiday Mini (yes! It is still available as a carryover in the Spring Mini!) My card today fits two challenges over on Splitcoaststampers, the Clean & Simple Love is in the Air Challenge (CAS207) and Technique Lovers Challenge (TLC416) for Dry Embossing & Sanding Designer Paper.
And, this really is simple!
- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Whisper White, folded in half to make base card.
- Cut the red Polka Dot pattern from Summer Smooches Designer Paper to 4 3/4 x 3 1/2, run thru the Big Shot with the Honeycomb folder to emboss.
- Sand the raised portion of the Honeycomb embossing, add to the front of the base card.
- I stamped the Love You twice, once in Real Red and once in Basic Black. I used the 3/8" Circle Punch (Itty Bitty Punches) to punch out the heart in the O on the Basic Black one.
- I cut the Love You with the Apothecary Accents Framelit and then another one from Basic Black.
- The Basic Black accent is adhered to the center of the front, then I used Stampin' Dimensionals to pop up the Whisper White Love You one over top and added the Black Heart Circle on top of the greeting with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Finally, I added the trio of small Pearls above and below the greeting on the Basic Black accent.
Clean & Simple…and a wow technique for your class! I love it!
We've started Nature Week this week for the Create with Connie and Mary Spring Edition! It's not too late to join! We are just starting Week 4, but you can see all the projects we've posted so far. AND, they will stay available for up to a year after the session closes so you can refer back to them 24/7! For a price of $34.95 US for over 30 step-by-step photo tutorials…you can't go wrong! Join us today!
It's Day 4 of our Guest Designer Announcements for Create with Connie and Mary Spring Edition 2013! Make sure to check out who is the next one we have doing a project tutorial for us. (And…I didn't get to post on Day 3 because I was packing for Leadership, but make sure you check her out, too!) We are loving all our new and returning designers! And, while you are there, make sure to sign up for the Early Bird Savings before it is too late!
Not a lot of stamping on this card! Just the greeting is stamped, but I love the More Amore Designer Paper! And…I used one of the new embossing folders for the first time…the scalloped Needlepoint Border folder. Wow…LOVED it!
- The base of the card is 4 1/4 x 11 Real Red cardstock.
- I cut a layer of 4 x 5 1/4 Very Vanilla.
- I added a 1 1/2 x 4 strip of the More Amore Designer Paper to the Very Vanilla. Above and below it, I used the new Needlepoint Border…so cool to set off the DSP that way!
- I cut the Apothecary Accent from Pool Party and used the piercing template around the edges. It is popped up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Another new item is the 7/8 Scallop Circle punch…isn't that TOOOO cute? In the center of each scallop circle is the small heart from Itty Bitty Punches…two in Primrose Petals and the center one in Real Red (they look almost the same on the screen!)
- On the red heart, I also added a little bling with the rhinestone.
- Finally, I stamped the Love You greeting from Seasonal Sayings. I don't know how I missed it, but I didn't realize this set had been carried over! I'm SOOOOO happy because I loved this Love You greeting but hadn't used it before the holidays!
- In the center of the O, I added another rhinestone jewel!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card…I think it will be my husband's Valentine!
OK…remember, make sure to check out the new Guest Designer announcement today over on Create with Connie and Mary!