Posts Tagged ‘#specialreason’
I wanted a black and white card and used just the Stylish Stems Thinlits instead of stamping.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- Along the left is a 1/2 x 5-1/4 strip of the Basic Black stripe pattern in the Neutrals Paper Pack.
- The greeting from Rose Wonder stamp set was stamped with Memento Black Ink.
- The stem and leaves were cut from Basic Black and adhered to the front.
- The outline of the flower head was cut from Whisper White, while the detail from Basic Black cardstock and adhered together. Then adhered to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals above the stem.
Pretty simple, but I love the contrast an think it would be very appropriate to send to someone who needs a little comfort. OK…make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team for SUO Challenges did this week with this theme! I’m sure they will have some great ideas!
Instead of combining it with the Oh So Succulent bundle, I decided to use the Special Reason Bundle instead! Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 piece of Succulent Garden Designer Paper.
- A 1-1/4 x 4-3/4 piece of Whisper White was stamped with the greeting from Suite Sentiments in Memento Black, then layered on a 1-1/2 x 5 piece of Basic Black, then added to the front.
- Two pieces of Mint Macaron Sheer Ribbon were added along the left side and secured in the back.
- The Special Reason flower was cut from the large circle Stitched Shapes Framelit from Mint Macaron cardstock, then added over a large circle cut from Whisper White. The center was colored with the Basic Black Marker. It was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The smaller flower outline and shapes were cut from Whisper White, layered together, then added to the circle. The center was colored with the Basic Black Marker.
- The leaves were stamped twice with Mint Macaron Ink, then cut with the leaf Framelit, then tucked and adhered under the small flower.
OK…check out what the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team did with the Celebrate Green theme on SUO Challenges! Then grab your stamps and play along!
If you follow my blog, I mentioned last week that several of the Challenge Team used the Special Reason Bundle on their cards. I decided to make a second card from something different for the actual challenge, but here’s my the original Special Reason card I was going to post. I love the soft and spring-like colors!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Flirty Flamingo, scored at 4-1/4 and folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, a 3/4 x 5-1/4 strip of In Color Patterns DSP was added across the front.
- The larger flower from Special Reason stamp set was stamped with Flirty Flamingo on Whisper White and the smaller flower twice with Blushing Bride, the leaves with Pear Pizzazz. All were cut with the Stylish Stems Framelits.
- The were added to the front of the card, and the greeting was stamped with Memento Black Ink.
If you want to see the other cards made with this stamp set, you can visit our Create with Connie and Mary website to see the challenge for this week! Then play along! And…if you haven’t signed up for our February Mini Session, now is a great time…we’ll be opening soon! Here’s a sneak peek of the projects we are doing:
Our mini sessions include the instructions for 14 projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
- Each mini session includes TWELVE unique cards featuring three stamp sets, and
- Each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect projects for your club, classes, stamp camps or gifts
- All 14 project tutorials are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all project tutorials right there at your fingertips
- All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online.
And, if you subscribe to BOTH January AND February you will receive a Valentine Bonus Project that is also perfect for a wedding gift! So head over to Create with Connie and Mary and subscribe!