Posts Tagged ‘sympathy’
Our theme for this week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop is “Sympathy or Encouragement cards”! I know I make a lot of these types of cards for friends and family, but I’m anxious to see what our Design Team came up with for this theme! I went with a clean and simple look for my card.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Flirty Flamingo cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On the 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White cards, the Avant Garden flower was stamped twice with Flirty Flamingo Ink, the leaves with Old Olive Ink, and the centers with Memento Black Ink.
- With Sympathy from Rose Wonder stamp set was stamped with Memento Black Ink.
- On the Whisper White layer, two corners were rounded with the Project Life Corner Rounder.
- It was layered on a 4 x 5-1/4 piece of Basic Black cardstock that also had the two corners rounded.
- A trio of Rhinestones were added for a little bling.
- Another flower was stamped on the inside, the same as the outside.
- The greeting was stamped with Memento Black Ink.
OK…make sure to check out our next stop at our Create with Connie and Mary website to find out about our BRAND NEW March 2017 Mini Session or go backwards to Melissa!
Our mini sessions include the instructions for 14 projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
- Each mini session includes TWELVE unique cards featuring three stamp sets, and
- Each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect projects for your club, classes, stamp camps or gifts
- All 14 project tutorials are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all project tutorials right there at your fingertips
- All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online.
And, if you subscribe to BOTH March AND April, you will receive a Spring 3D Bonus Project that is also perfect for a your spring classes! So head over to Create with Connie and Mary and subscribe!
I think what makes this card so striking is the color combination, what do you think? Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Basic Black, folded in half.
- The Tip Top Taupe layer is 4 x 5-1/4.
- The Flourish was cut with the Flourish Thinlets from Basic Black cardstock and adhered to the front with Tombow Multipurpose Glue.
- The larger flower from the Flourish Thinlets was cut from Real Red, the center flower from Whisper White and adhered together with Stampin’ Dimensionals and put on front.
- A Perfect White Accent fills the center.
- With Sympathy from Flourishing Phrases is stamped with Memento Black Ink in the lower right corner.
That’s it! I just love this color combination! OK, next up is the Create with Connie and Mary website to find out more about our July Mini Session! It’s not too late to join…we just got started! Last chance to take advantage of our July/August BONUS Summer Project!
It’s not too late to join! LAST CHANCE for the Summer BONUS! The July 2016 MINI SESSION is only $8.95 US and we’re using products and stamp sets from the NEW Catalog…aren’t you loving the new stuff?
* Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
Sign up for both July and August for only $17.90 US and we have a BONUS Summer project for you designed by Mary Brown using Jar of Love Bundle! Head over to Create with Connie and Mary for more details and to sign up now!
Mary and I worked on challenges about a week ago and this was one of the cards I made from a sketch (which I absolutely cannot find now!) and we had to use Kristina Werner’s colors of Regal Rose, Purely Pomegranate, River Rock and Wild Wasabi.
I really enjoyed this sketch and decided to use Close as a Memory since it fit in the oval so well. The scallops surrounding the oval are 1/2" circles glued to the back. I markered the flowers with Regal Rose and then highlighted with Rose Red. Them stems were done with Garden Green since we don’t have In-Color markers (I wish!!!). The background polka dot paper is from Cutie Pie. I finished with the Purely Pomegranate double stitched ribbon and a trio of rose-colored mini brads below the words So Sorry from Fundamental Phrases. Maybe it is a little bright for a sympathy card…guess I’ll have to keep it for the next time I tick off my hubby. lol!
I’m going to get off here…I have a class coming in about 45 minutes. And, thunderstorms are coming this way! I’m always paranoid that my computer is going to get hit!
Enjoy the evening!
Don’t forget to check out my New Class Kit!