Posts Tagged ‘Wonderful Wreath’
This challenge this time over on SUO Challenges is Non-Traditional Christmas Cards! Wow…this one really stumped me for a little while. BUT…once I got started, I ended up doing several cards to post over the rest of the week! This one was the first one I did and I love the colors for the Wonderful Wreath! I can remember my grandma having a pink frilly wreath on her door!
I combined Strawberry Slush and Pink Pirouette for this whimsical card! Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Pink Pirouette cardstock, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Strawberry Slush cardstock.
- I embossed 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 layer of Whisper White with the Perfect Polka Dots folder and placed it on top.
- I inked up the Wonderful Wreath stamp with Pink Pirouette ink, then used my Strawberry Slush marker and colored some of the leaves, then stamped it on Whisper White cardstock.
- I cut around the outside and inside of the wreath and added Rhinestone Jewels randomly around it, then placed it on the front of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I also stamped the reindeer from Warmth & Wonder stamp set in Strawberry Slush ink and cut him out. He was placed in the center of the wreath with Stampin' Dimensionals. I added a small pearl for his eye.
- I stamped Christmas Greetings from the same Warmth & Wonder stamp set with Black Stazon on Pink Pirouette strip and cut flag ends, then tucked it under the legs of the reindeer across the wreath.
- I tied a double loop bow from White Strip Organdy Ribbon and placed on the front top of the wreath with Mini Glue Dots.
So…what do you think? It really brings back memories for me! Make sure to check out the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team for their non-traditional Christmas card ideas!
Oh, there is a FUN sketch challenge for you to try over on Create with Connie and Mary's Thursday Challenge! I had dozens of ideas on what I could use. I ended up using Wonderful Wreath for my design. Make sure to stop by and see what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this sketch! Some fun ideas to try! And…while you are there, don't forget that Early Bird Savings and Preview Week are almost over! Don't miss out on subscribing to our Create with Connie and Mary Winter Collection 2013! We start on SUNDAY with some FABULOUS step-by-step tutorials by our awesome designers!
Here is my interpretation!
Here are the details:
- I started with the base of 4 1/4 x 11 Crumb Cake, folded in half.
- I added a 3 3/4 x 5 piece of Season of Style Designer Paper (love this check!) on top.
- Across the front, I added a 1 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, stamped with the greeting from Lots of Thanks (hey it was a new set for me and I wanted to use it! lol!) in Cherry Cobbler ink.
- Then I added 1/8" strips of Champagne Glimmer Paper on the top and bottom of the DSP to hide the seams.
- It is hard to tell, but I used the thumping technique on the wreath by "thumping" the tips of the markers in Old Olive and Pear Pizzazz on the rubber, then stamping on Very Vanilla. I colored a few more of the leave solid with Old Olive and Always Artichoke inks. It really wasn't too hard to cut out either! I placed on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I used the Owl Punch and punched circles from Champange Glimmer Paper for the "berries" and placed around the wreath.
- Finally, I tied Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine in a bow in the Cherry Cobbler Button and adhered with a Mini Glue Dot in the center of the Wreath.
I LOVE it!!! I love the checked background with this wreath! I'm saving this for a special hostess who always has us over at the holidays for dinner. I always make her a little gift, too!
Don't forget to stop by Create with Connie and Mary and see the FREE TUTORIAL and BLOG CANDY we have for you today! AND sign up while you are there!
OK…first things first, I have to show off the new photo of my grandson, Carter, at the pumpkin patch! I adore the look on his face! He looks so much older than he is…he's almost 4 months! lol! But, he's my little pumpkin! Isn't he precious?
I've made a couple different cards using the single stamp Wonderful Wreath. This was the card that I originally made for this week's Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge. As I told you, I replaced it because we are getting ready for Create with Connie and Mary Winter Collection 2013 and I wanted to use a Christmas/holiday type card for th challenge. But…still I thought you'd like to see the fall version I made. AND…it went right in line with Carter's pumpkin photo! lol!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Pumpkin Pie cardstock, folded in half.
- I added two 2 1/2 x 4" pieces of the Chocolate Chip print from Sweater Weather DSP to a 4 x 5 1/4 panel of VeryVanilla, leaving the 1/4" gap in the center as per the sketch.
- I inked up the Wreath stamp with dfferent colors of green…Always Artichoke, Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive, and the berries with Pumpkin Pie, then stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock.
- I cut it out and then added a 1 3/8" circle of Very Vanilla in the center, stamped with Pumpkin Pie Ink and the Petite Pairs greeting.
- I added Pumpkin Pie Candy Dots or more "berries" on the wreath, then tied a Linen Ribbon bow and attached to th bottom with Mini Glue Dots.
- I thought it needed something along the left side, so I punched circles from the Owl Punch from Pumpkin Pie cardstock and adhere with mini glue dots.
Did you see? We are starting the Early Bird signups for our Winter Collection on Create with Connie and Mary. It's all about Christmas and Winter projects! It's not too early to start planning those gifts and decorating and we have lots of GREAT ideas to help you! See more information over on Create with Connie and Mary!
I think this is such a pretty wreath image, so I wanted to see if I could also use it for fall. I think it worked!
Here are the details:
- The 4 1/4 x 11 Sahara Sand cardstock is folded in half to make the base card.
- On the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Sahara Sand, I added a 4 x 3 1/2 piece of Sweater Weather Designer Paper, the added a 3/4 x 4 piece of the Chocolate Chip chevron pattern in the same package.
- I cut the Pumpkin Pie cardstock with the smaller end of the Top Note die and placed it along the bottom.
- I inked up the Wonderful Wreath image with Stampin' Write Markers in Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze, then stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock. I cut it out with Paper Snips and added it to the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I made a double bow with the Early Espresso Bakers Twine and added it to one side.
- I used my Cajun Craze Candy Dots on the wreath and one at the bottom.
- I stamped Gratitude from Harvest of Thanks with Chocolate Chip ink and stamped on Very Vanilla, then cut it out and placed it across the wreath with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Love how bright and cheerful this wreath is in fall colors! I wish I had a wreath for my front door like it! lol!
Today we are introducing a couple members of our Design Team…stop over to Create with Connie and Mary to see their fun cards and find out more about them! They are also offering BLOG CANDY…find out where to go to put your name in for a FREE subscription to Create with Connie and Mary Fall Collection 2013!
It is time for EARLY BIRD SPECIAL on our wonderful FALL COLLECTION featuring the NEW HOLIDAY and regular Stampin' Up! CATALOGS!!!! Only $19.95 US…a $5 savings off the regular $24.95 US price!
So…what's the FALL COLLECTION all about? 4 weeks of daily projects EACH with a full downloadable tutorial that aren't shown ANYWHERE else! Card sets and projects that can be completed in about 2 hours…perfect for classes and camps! Check out our FREE Preview Projects – August 18 – 24! Fall Collection runs August 25 through September 21…so you have plenty of time to plan classes or make the projects for yourself! You don't want to miss it!