Happy Saturday! It’s time for another Saturday Blog Hop! Our theme is our “Cards that Move”. Everyone seems to like interactive cards, I know my grandkids do! This week you’ll get some inspiration from our Design Team with cards that move. For my card, I used two sets that will be retiring, Coffee Café and Lemon Zest. There really are nothing like them in the new catalog, so make sure to order them NOW before they are gone!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pineapple Punch cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock was added on top.
- A 3-1/2 x 4 panel of Best Route Designer Paper was added to the Whisper White layer, with a 2 x 4 piece of Mango Melody cardstock on the top of it.
- A 1/4 x 4 strip of Basic Black cardstock was added on top.
- The glass, straw and ice cubes from Coffee Café were stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock, then colored with the Pineapple Punch Stampin’ Blends. They were cut with the Coffee Cup Framelits and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock, then punched with the Lemon Builder Punch and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two lemon slices were stamped with Pineapple Punch Ink on Whisper White cardstock and punched with a 1-3/4 Circle Punch. One slice was cut in half and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Whisper White panel inside is 5-1/4 x 10. With the 10″ at the top, score at 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8. Fold on the score lines as shown.
- Stamp the lemon slice with Pineapple Punch Ink in both corners.
- Stamp two lemons with Pineapple Punch Ink on scrap Whisper White cardstock and punch with the Lemon Builder Punch.
- Stamp four leaves with Granny Apple Green Ink on Whisper White, punch with the Lemon Builder Punch.
- Add the two lemons to the first and third panels with Stampin’ Dimensionals, making sure they fit inside the card.
- Stamp the greeting on the second slice already made with Memento Black Ink and add to the center panel with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Fold carefully to close making sure everything is tucked inside the card.
Isn’t that a fun, interactive card? Pretty easy, too! Now, continue the blog hop to see the Design Team Member’s “Cards That Move” this week! Next up is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
Create with Connie and Mary's next Collection of tutorials combines the Wonderfully Wicked Stamp Set with the Ornate Frames Dies! What a FABULOUSLY spooky combination! We have created SIX fun treat boxes in this Collection with step-by-step photo tutorials. You'll love making these fun little gifts for friends, family and neighbors! Fill with candy or other small items and they are ready to go! Perfect for fall craft fairs! (All but one can easily be adapted for Christmas treats, too!) See all the details HERE!