Happy Saturday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop and our theme this week is Technique Cards! I remember when I did technique cards ALL the time! I even ran a Technique Class every month for over six years! But, I stopped doing a lot of techniques on my cards. May have to jump back in!
This technique has always been one of my favorites. I don’t know if it has an official name, but I call it “Acrylic Block Watercolors” and it is SO quick and easy to change up with whatever colors you want to use! I also pulled out my new Positive Thoughts and Nature’s Thoughts Dies for this card!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Soft Sea Foam cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock was embossed with the Parisian Flourish Embossing Folder.
- A 1 x 4 piece of Shaded Spruce was added across the front.
- Another 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 piece of Whisper White cardstock was used for the technique…I wanted an Ombre effect. The E sized Acrylic Block was colored along the bottom third with Garden Green Marker, the middle third with Granny Apple Green Marker and the top third with Soft Sea Foam Marker, scribbling directly on the block with the marker. It was spritzed with water, then stamped onto the Whisper White cardstock and let dry.
- The Whisper White was then cut with the Nature’s Thoughts embossed rectangle…can you see the dotted scallop it cuts? SO pretty!
- After dry, it was stamped with the large fern from Positive Thoughts stamp set using Shaded Spruce Ink, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Another technique used was “omit stamping”. I inked up just the word “Prayers” with the Basic Black Marker and stamped on a 1/2 x 1-1/2 piece of Crumb Cake cardstock, then cut one end at an angle. It was added to the front.
- A trio of Holiday Rhinestones (still available to order!) in the dark green color were added in the background!
I really LOVE this card!!! You need to try this technique, ok? Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous technique card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
This Collection of tutorials, using Stampin' Up!'s TIMELESS TROPICAL BUNDLE AND TROPICAL OASIS SUITE of products, has three cards (one a special fun fold!) and a clever 3D tote to fill with your favorite candy or a small gift! ALL tutorials are BRAND NEW and have step-by-step photo directions. Your customers will LOVE these fun projects! See more details HERE!
This Collection of tutorials, using the CLUBHOUSE STAMP SET AND GOLF CLUB DIES combined with the Country Club Designer Paper, has three cards (one a gift card holder!) and a fun 3D favor for any sports lover. ALL tutorials are BRAND NEW and have step-by-step photo directions. We know these will be a hit in your classes! See the details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: RTY9ZMMH