Happy Saturday! Today’s Saturday Blog Hop theme is in honor of those Stampin’ Up! Incentive Trip earners who are unable to go on the trip due to Covid-19 this year. I think Debbie, Brenda and myself are the ones from the Design Team who earned the trip. We are very sad that we aren’t on the lovely island of Maui right now. Boo!!! So, we thought we’d bring our own little tropical feeling this week to help cheer us up. Let’s see those tropical feeling cards!
I combined two sets, Sending Sunshine, a new one in the Annual Catalog, along with Waterfront which has been around for a while. The two styles are VERY similar, and I wanted the palm trees to give my card a more tropical feel. The black lava rocks are a nod to Maui!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Misty Moonlight cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Seaside Spray cardstock is embossed with the Old World Paper Embossing Folder.
- A 1-1/4 x 4 strip of Playing with Patterns DSP is added down the left side, with a 1/4 x 4 strip of Bumblebee cardstock to hide the seam.
- The scene was stamped on a 2-1/2 x 3-3/4 piece of Whisper White cardstock using Seaside Spray Ink for the water, stamped off for the edge of the water, Crumb Cake sponged and stamped for the sand, Memento Black for the lava rocks, Bumblebee for the sun, Soft Suede for the palm tree trunks and Old Olive for the palm tree leaves. The sky is sponged with Seaside Spray Ink and the clouds stamped with Seaside Spray Ink.
- It was layered on the large scallop rectangle from Stitched So Sweetly Dies and cut from Misty Moonlight cardstock and popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting was stamped with Misty Moonlight Ink on a 3/4 x 2-3/4 piece of Whisper White cardstock.
I thought this turned out really well and hits that tropical feeling, don’t you? Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda’s fabulous card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Stampin' Up!'s new CURVY CELEBRATIONS SUITE is an early release of the QUITE CURVY STAMP SET AND CURVY DIES that will be in the new January-June 2021 Mini Catalog. We've combined it with the coordinating Christmas stamp set, CURVY CHRISTMAS and CLASSIC CHRISTMAS DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection of EIGHT card tutorials! See more details HERE!
Our first Christmas collection for the season is the beautiful POINSETTIA PETALS SUITE of products in a variety of colors! Our POINSETTIA PETALS COLLECTION has FOUR cards and two small 3D projects, perfect for the upcoming Christmas holiday, for a total of SIX brand new tutorials! See more details here!
Use HOST CODE: XZVN372F