Happy Saturday! Today’s Saturday Blog Hop theme is in honor of those Stampin’ Up! Incentive Trip earners who are unable to go on the trip due to Covid-19 this year. I think Debbie, Brenda and myself are the ones from the Design Team who earned the trip. We are very sad that we aren’t on the lovely island of Maui right now. Boo!!! So, we thought we’d bring our own little tropical feeling this week to help cheer us up. Let’s see those tropical feeling cards!
I combined two sets, Sending Sunshine, a new one in the Annual Catalog, along with Waterfront which has been around for a while. The two styles are VERY similar, and I wanted the palm trees to give my card a more tropical feel. The black lava rocks are a nod to Maui!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Misty Moonlight cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Seaside Spray cardstock is embossed with the Old World Paper Embossing Folder.
- A 1-1/4 x 4 strip of Playing with Patterns DSP is added down the left side, with a 1/4 x 4 strip of Bumblebee cardstock to hide the seam.
- The scene was stamped on a 2-1/2 x 3-3/4 piece of Whisper White cardstock using Seaside Spray Ink for the water, stamped off for the edge of the water, Crumb Cake sponged and stamped for the sand, Memento Black for the lava rocks, Bumblebee for the sun, Soft Suede for the palm tree trunks and Old Olive for the palm tree leaves. The sky is sponged with Seaside Spray Ink and the clouds stamped with Seaside Spray Ink.
- It was layered on the large scallop rectangle from Stitched So Sweetly Dies and cut from Misty Moonlight cardstock and popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting was stamped with Misty Moonlight Ink on a 3/4 x 2-3/4 piece of Whisper White cardstock.
I thought this turned out really well and hits that tropical feeling, don’t you? Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda’s fabulous card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Stampin' Up! has outdone themselves with this pretty fall set called Nature's Harvest! It has flowers, leaves, branches and some wonderful greetings and we love the detailed Harvest Dies! For this Collection, we've paired the NATURE'S HARVEST BUNDLE with the coordinating Harvest Meadow Designer Paper for an explosion of muted fall colors and fun designs! You'll get SIX card ideas and TWO easy 3D projects using this gorgeous bundle! That's a total of EIGHT tutorials! See more details here!
Aren't those sheep just the CUTEST? How on earth could you ever resist getting them! We couldn't wait to play with this set and build a card tutorial Collection for you that we know you will love! AND...best of all you can get the stamp set and dies for FREE during Stampin' Up!'s Sale-A-Bration period! For this Collection, we've paired the COUNTING SHEEP STAMP SET and SHEEP DIES with the Border Basics Dies and Pattern Party Designer Paper for a bright and cheerful look! You'll get SIX card ideas using this fun bundle! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: KWK2ZCM9