Happy Saturday! Today’s Saturday Blog Hop theme is in honor of those Stampin’ Up! Incentive Trip earners who are unable to go on the trip due to Covid-19 this year. I think Debbie, Brenda and myself are the ones from the Design Team who earned the trip. We are very sad that we aren’t on the lovely island of Maui right now. Boo!!! So, we thought we’d bring our own little tropical feeling this week to help cheer us up. Let’s see those tropical feeling cards!
I combined two sets, Sending Sunshine, a new one in the Annual Catalog, along with Waterfront which has been around for a while. The two styles are VERY similar, and I wanted the palm trees to give my card a more tropical feel. The black lava rocks are a nod to Maui!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Misty Moonlight cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Seaside Spray cardstock is embossed with the Old World Paper Embossing Folder.
- A 1-1/4 x 4 strip of Playing with Patterns DSP is added down the left side, with a 1/4 x 4 strip of Bumblebee cardstock to hide the seam.
- The scene was stamped on a 2-1/2 x 3-3/4 piece of Whisper White cardstock using Seaside Spray Ink for the water, stamped off for the edge of the water, Crumb Cake sponged and stamped for the sand, Memento Black for the lava rocks, Bumblebee for the sun, Soft Suede for the palm tree trunks and Old Olive for the palm tree leaves. The sky is sponged with Seaside Spray Ink and the clouds stamped with Seaside Spray Ink.
- It was layered on the large scallop rectangle from Stitched So Sweetly Dies and cut from Misty Moonlight cardstock and popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting was stamped with Misty Moonlight Ink on a 3/4 x 2-3/4 piece of Whisper White cardstock.
I thought this turned out really well and hits that tropical feeling, don’t you? Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda’s fabulous card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Click here for details!
Don't you LOVE a great tree set? We do! In this bundle, use the trees singly or build an entire forest! They aren't just for Christmas cards, this bundle can be used year-around to build a woodsy scene. For our Collection, we've paired Stampin' Up!'s WHIMSICAL TREES STAMP SET and CHRISTMAS TREE DIES with the WHIMSY & WONDER DESIGNER PAPER to create three cards (one a special fold card) and a fabulous 3D project you can't wait to use...just in time for the holidays! See more details HERE!
Are you starting to get ready for the holidays? We are! And we love to get our Christmas cards done early! For this Collection, we've paired Stampin' Up!'s ENCIRCLED IN WARMTH STAMP SET with the ENCIRCLED IN BEAUTY DIES to create a gorgeous set of EIGHT holiday card tutorials! The Red & Green Foil Sheets add shimmer and shine to the muted Peaceful Place Designer Paper and enhance the doily dies and festive greetings. Grab this Collection of EIGHT card tutorials today! See more details HERE!