Happy Saturday! Today’s Saturday Blog Hop theme is in honor of those Stampin’ Up! Incentive Trip earners who are unable to go on the trip due to Covid-19 this year. I think Debbie, Brenda and myself are the ones from the Design Team who earned the trip. We are very sad that we aren’t on the lovely island of Maui right now. Boo!!! So, we thought we’d bring our own little tropical feeling this week to help cheer us up. Let’s see those tropical feeling cards!
I combined two sets, Sending Sunshine, a new one in the Annual Catalog, along with Waterfront which has been around for a while. The two styles are VERY similar, and I wanted the palm trees to give my card a more tropical feel. The black lava rocks are a nod to Maui!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Misty Moonlight cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Seaside Spray cardstock is embossed with the Old World Paper Embossing Folder.
- A 1-1/4 x 4 strip of Playing with Patterns DSP is added down the left side, with a 1/4 x 4 strip of Bumblebee cardstock to hide the seam.
- The scene was stamped on a 2-1/2 x 3-3/4 piece of Whisper White cardstock using Seaside Spray Ink for the water, stamped off for the edge of the water, Crumb Cake sponged and stamped for the sand, Memento Black for the lava rocks, Bumblebee for the sun, Soft Suede for the palm tree trunks and Old Olive for the palm tree leaves. The sky is sponged with Seaside Spray Ink and the clouds stamped with Seaside Spray Ink.
- It was layered on the large scallop rectangle from Stitched So Sweetly Dies and cut from Misty Moonlight cardstock and popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting was stamped with Misty Moonlight Ink on a 3/4 x 2-3/4 piece of Whisper White cardstock.
I thought this turned out really well and hits that tropical feeling, don’t you? Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda’s fabulous card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Use HOST CODE: CJUJJ3B6
We love Stampin' Up!'s new INKED & TILED STAMP SET AND PUNCH PACK BUNDLE! The stamp images have a botanical print appearance of pressed leaves and flowers! The INKED & TILED PUNCHES can be used with the all-occasion greetings, to punch out the coordinating DSP or for cool tiled backgrounds! You can go soft and neutral or bold and bright as you wish! We featured this INKED & TILED BUNDLE with the new coordinating INKED BOTANICALS 6x6 DESIGNER PAPER for a classically timeless design! There are step-by-step instructions for EIGHT card projects. See more details HERE!
We went bananas over Stampin' Up!'s new LITTLE MONKEY STAMP SET AND PUNCH and we know you will, too!! The LITTLE MONKEY BUNDLE has tropical elements to create a fun jungle scene! Mix and match the monkeys, punched pieces and cute greetings for adorable cards and projects. Have them hanging from trees or vines while snacking on their favorite bananas! We featured this LITTLE MONKEY BUNDLE with the new REGALS 6x6 DESIGNER PAPER for some whimsical fun! There are step-by-step instructions for FOUR projects...three card ideas (one a fun fold) and gift idea that is more fun than a barrel of monkeys! See more details HERE!
Calling all crafters! Stampin' Up! just introduced a new stamp bundle called CRAFTING WITH YOU that includes something for papercrafters, knitter/crocheters, sewists, painters, needleworkers... whichever hobby you enjoy! It also includes some inspiring greetings! The CRAFTING WITH YOU DIES have some bonus images (including a TRIMMER and SCISSORS! Oh my!), along with dies to cut out the fun stamped images. We featured this CRAFTING WITH YOU BUNDLE with the new BRIGHTS 6x6 DESIGNER PAPER for some colorful fun! There are step-by-step instructions for FOUR projects...three card ideas (one a fun fold) and fun desk accessory for you and your customers to enjoy and display! More details here!
Leave a Reply