Wow…it has been a few days since I've posted! Did you think I disappeared? We had a very close friend pass away and attended his funeral. Then I was emergency called to watch my grand-daughter for a couple days as both her parents AND her nanny were sick with the flu…of course, I got that, too! Just starting to feel back to 95%! Since I definitely haven't felt like stamping, I'm showing a card that I designed for one of my classes last week before all this happened!
I wanted to use the Festive Flower Builder punch in a different way besides flowers! I thought this punch art Christmas tree worked out just like in my head!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Real Red cardstock, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake, adhere a 1 x 5-1/4 strip of Merry Moments DSP.
- Wrap the 1/8 Real Red Striped Ribbon around the edge of the DSP and to the back to secure.
- Add a strip of Whisper White, torn, for the snow across the ground. Add a 3/4 x 1 piece of Chocolate Chip for the trunk.
- TIP: To build the tree, I used a triangle of Mossy Meadow cardstock in the approx size I wanted for the tree as a base (the triangle side of the Cutie Pie Box Framelit worked perfectly and I just trimmed off the top a little).
- Stamp 15 "petals" with Mossy Meadow Ink on Mossy Meadow cardstock and punch with the mid-sized petal punch. Start arranging them from the bottom of the triangle and work towards the top.
- Punch 5 Red Glimmer 1/4" circles and adhere to the tree with Mini Glue Dots.
- Use the smallest star in the Star Framelits and Gold Glimmer Paper for the star on top.
- Add the tree to the front of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp Tis the Season from Versatile Verses with Real Red Ink on Whisper White, punch with the Washi Tape punch and add to tree.
That's it! I love how it turned out!